ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? Apply now!

Postby Lacuna » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:42 pm

sweetea wrote:I'd love to apply, just curious though, what's a template?

sweetea wrote:am I able to use medibang? I read the rules and regulations but I feel like you may only be really accepting photoshop?

The template is the lineart page available on the application form. You are welcome to use any program that can open the .PSD file; Photoshop is by no means required. I recommend FireAlpaca personally, which is what I use to create my art for CS.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovelees » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Lacuna wrote:
sweetea wrote:I'd love to apply, just curious though, what's a template?

sweetea wrote:am I able to use medibang? I read the rules and regulations but I feel like you may only be really accepting photoshop?

The template is the lineart page available on the application form. You are welcome to use any program that can open the .PSD file; Photoshop is by no means required. I recommend FireAlpaca personally, which is what I use to create my art for CS.

I go back and forth with medibang and firealpaca, I mostly use alpaca for gifs and animations and it works like a charm- thank you! <3
artist
────────────────────
love yourself
deviantart coding credit ❤︎
────────────────────
────────────────────
lovelees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Celozon wrote:
qpple wrote:
    Hey there, just a few questions! Do we have to use all the colours in the palette? Also, are we able to blend colours (in a sort of gradient, where there is a new colour) or do we have to stick to doing blocky designs so that colours dont mix? Thanks!

Blending and gradients are fine, and you don’t need to use all the colors, just as long as you stick to the pallet.

Tess wrote:
furrow wrote:hello! this question i'm asking is silly, i'm wondering if using different opacities of a palette's color is allowed? or would that be considered a different color that is outside of the palette?

Please stick to normal opacity, if it looks like the design has different colors in it then we can't judge it against other entries fairly

Could someone clarify this? It seems a bit contradictory. If blending/using gradients isn't allowed, does that also mean no soft brush? Only 100% opacity hard brush?
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:25 pm

winter & fireflii wrote:
Celozon wrote:
qpple wrote:
    Hey there, just a few questions! Do we have to use all the colours in the palette? Also, are we able to blend colours (in a sort of gradient, where there is a new colour) or do we have to stick to doing blocky designs so that colours dont mix? Thanks!

Blending and gradients are fine, and you don’t need to use all the colors, just as long as you stick to the pallet.

Tess wrote:
furrow wrote:hello! this question i'm asking is silly, i'm wondering if using different opacities of a palette's color is allowed? or would that be considered a different color that is outside of the palette?

Please stick to normal opacity, if it looks like the design has different colors in it then we can't judge it against other entries fairly

Could someone clarify this? It seems a bit contradictory. If blending/using gradients isn't allowed, does that also mean no soft brush? Only 100% opacity hard brush?
-fireflii

you can blend and use soft brush or gradients, just don't for example: flood fill the pet with red and then use a 20% opacity yellow fill over the top of it to create an orange that doesn't exist in the palette (we'll just think you made up a new color)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Speedythecat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi! I decided it couldn't hurt to try and apply and I'm just curious, every time I try and submit my application the site breaks and my application doesn't go through. Am I uploading too big of files or? thanks for the help!
Speedythecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueHeart ❤ » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:47 pm

*cracks knuckles*

Looks like it's time to get to work!
(I have legit wanted to be a CS artist for...many years haha.
Even just being a guest artist would be a huge honour.)

Perfect chance with my recent name change too! Many have known me on here as "MoggyWolf/Moggy" for yeeaaarrrss...but it was time for a change.
━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤 ∾ 𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕙𝕠𝕓𝕓𝕪𝕚𝕤𝕥/𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣
formally known as MoggyWolf

active ∾ PM's always welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters Art Shop
━━━━━━━━━━━━
Sig art lines by: SpindleSpice
Colour/Edits by Me ~
BlueHeart ❤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Speedythecat wrote:Hi! I decided it couldn't hurt to try and apply and I'm just curious, every time I try and submit my application the site breaks and my application doesn't go through. Am I uploading too big of files or? thanks for the help!

Try attaching just one image at a time (you can add additional images after saving).

How big images are you attaching?
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 am

Just to be sure, for the items we are not supposed to alter lineart, the items go on top of the line art though right?
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Glass Doe » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:26 am

what a glorious opportunity!
I certainly hope I end up being what you're all looking for in an artist uvu
No matter who you are,
what you look like, or where you're from...
You deserve love & acceptance
just like anyone else!

-Michigan-
The Glass Doe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lord Katsuki » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:32 am

Only if I didn't have a chromebook. I really wanted this opportunity to become an artist, but I guess I will wait until next time. :/
Katsuki Bakugou

I got my dreamie!!! (Acheived on Sunday December 15 2019, 1:55PM)
Lord Katsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me