Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications now closed!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications inside

Postby BlingBling » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:47 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
November 14th, 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Daily
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I'd say about 6 hours a day at least?
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
Well, I've been a peer-tutor for three years and feel like I could handle helping my peers on this site as well. I'm rather good at simple site advice, pet identification, and trade advice. I post regularly on the FTT and try to help new users enjoy the site as much as I do. I try to answer as many questions as I can for people and it's always been a goal of mine to help as many users as possible. I report things when I see something that breaks our rules, and tell the users why the topic/post does not follow our guidelines. I don't think I've ever been truely aggressive on this site and try my hardest never to make anyone feel the way I have on many sites... Ready to quit and depressed. With those depressed users, I pm them and work out problems that they have about the site. I'm a good listener and give advice on the Comfort Corne regularly. I don't hold grudges with users who rule-break and although I'm usually mellow, I can be strict. I know well how this site works and I am ready to help anyone!
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
It's always been a dream of mine to become a General Helper. I think that I am mature enough to handle serious topics and would love to help in any way possible.

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:50 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 14, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6212
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? almost every day
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? on weekends and in the summer I'm usually on for four to six hours, on weekdays I'm on for about three or four hours.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I'm good at BBcode and I know some html. I am also currently learning German and Spanish and know some.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I really love helping people and making them feel welcome. I try to answer people's questions whenever possible. I remember what it felt like to be a confused newbie. I was so thankful when people helped me get used to CS, and now I want to do the same for other newbies. I want CS to stay a fun site for everyone and I want to make sure everyone knows how to use it. I don't want anyone getting scammed because they don't know rarities, or get a warn because they didn't understand the rules. I want to help make sure everyone is having fun, so I want to help people who need it!
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:56 am

APPLICATON

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    I joined on Thursday September 16th, 2010 at 12:21pm.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    I have made 9,070 posts at the time of applying.

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
    I'm on every day of the week, normally keeping CS open in a tab.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    I'm on at least 4 hours during the week and sometimes up to 6-8 hours on the weekend.

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
    I try my best to be friendly towards others and act without bias. I've been on here for several years and can answer questions about the site. I am skilled at using the oekaki and could help with any questions regarding it as well. I also understand how to use BBCode. The only thing I'm weak at is trading/pet rarities.

6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?:
    I would like to be a General Helper because I want to contribute back to the site and help new members out. I enjoy helping when I can and am willing to answer questions. I'm most active on the message board and like talking to people on here. I have 5-6 whole weeks of nothing to do since I just finished the last semester for this year.

Again, good luck to everyone and thanks for the opportunity.
Last edited by Mys on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metax » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:59 am

Application;;

What date did you register as a CS member;;
14th of March, 2011.
Therefore, I've been around here for about two years and a half.

How many posts have you made in the forum;;
6753, 6754 with this one.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS;;
As often as I can, usually every day, unless problems show up in real life.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit;;
Somewhere around two or three, maybe more, or less.
Once again, depending on my schedule.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I speak English and Romanian fluently.
I'm doing okay with basic rarities, and won't refrain from helping others with simple rarity questions. ^^
I occasionally answer questions in the forums, and when asked, I will help anyone who might need a hand.
I'm good at writing and describing, therefore I would do just fine with explaining solutions in detail; I have also been to a few debate classes, therefore I can prove my point with more ease. I'm open-minded and will not get angry easily, logic thinking also being a quality of mine, not to mention friendliness and respectfulness towards other players.
BBCoding is piece of cake, and I'm pretty experienced with Oekaki and its tools as well.

Why do you want to be a General Helper;;
I've desired to be a GH for a long while now, whereas I enjoy helping out people and giving a hand when people ask for it, not to mention how honorable it would be.

Thank you, looking forward to the results ^^
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
┌──────────┐

𝓫𝔀 𝓱𝓸𝓪𝓻𝓭
[ 52,000! ]

└──────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓪𝔁 𝓼𝓱𝓮/𝓱𝓮𝓻
─────────────

Hiya! I'm trying to complete my
pet collection. c:

On hiatus!

║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
░░░░░░
𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐬xx
[ no stores/URs ]

✧ | dogs - 22

everything else is
finished!

Metax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forecast » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:27 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
25th of September '12

How many posts have you made in the forum:

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
7, unless i have been grounded from the computer or it is broken down. Either which way i do find i way to get on CS anyway.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
2-3 on a weekday, but 5+ weekends.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I have a thing for BBCoding. I can speak some french, latin and thai. I also know the site like the back of my hand ;) I also know my rarities well enough to help people, and i can sort out some trades.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?:
It's something i'd love to do! Helping people is something I've always loved to do and it'd mean alot if I actually got a job dedicated to just that. It's rather hard to explain why, but let's just sum it up that it's something i'd absolutely love to do!
forecast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coldcase » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:02 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 4th 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 414

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I'm usually on and off all day. I will check my CS account periodically throughout the day. Probably at least 5 hours a day on CS

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)

I am very good at peer mediation, not argumentative

Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I have received a lot of help when I started out on CS. Now that I have been here for a while I want to be able to give back to CS. I love CS very much and want to help it out in every possible way that I can.
Coldcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salmondragon » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:26 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
September (16th) 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I'm on everyday unless something comes up. (7 days a week)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
I'm usually on for about 30 minutes in the morning and maybe a little bit longer if I have any spare time before the bus to school. After school however I'm usually on for several hours: at least five to six hours before I have to get off and let my brain settle down.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:

• I do know a little bit of French, but I've only been taking it for a year and a half and I'm not planning to take it next year either, I am fluent in English however.
  • I know the forums well, I know most basic BBCoding and some HTML, how to add pictures edit your profile etc etc.
  • I know my trading, I know the rares list (even though this may not matter considering it isn't technically official) and dates so I know my rarities, I'm a bit rusty on trading C$ dollars as I've never really had to trade them or for them. I will try to help as many people as I can with trading however.
  • I'm very patient and I'm used to having to repeat things in different ways so the person can understand what I'm saying and will easily go through steps for someone. I'm also not very argumentative
  • I absolutely adore helping people and the first place I check every morning is the CS help, suggestions and problems board. I'm also going around and looking at the other boards (mostly Oekaki and the general forum). I love to keep an eye out for spam as I'm slightly OCD about it.
  • I've had experience at helping others as I'm a mod/helper at Dreamie Dashers and I often answer questions when we do get them.
  • I have basic experience with Oekaki, so I may be able to help out there also.

I love helping people and I love answering questions, its so satisfying to help people and I really want to be able to contribute to the website and be as helpful as I can be. Not only this but I have plenty of time for CS and I'm on nearly six hours a day so id be able to devote mytme to CS and I'm confident that I'd be able to give out accurate information to other users.

I want CS (like many other members on the site) to remain a child-friendly, welcoming community that stays alive and fun for many years to come and it would be amazing, an honour, to be apart of that and make such a big difference to the community.
-Turtle

Good luck everyone! <3
Last edited by salmondragon on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sagittarius. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:14 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
24 September 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I vist CS everyday, the only exception being Friday afternoons.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
It ranges from 3-6 hours per day, more on weekends.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
I feel that I can bring to this position my knowledge of the basics of three other languages than English: Spanish, French and Japanesse. I feel I know what a fair trade is here on CS using either dates or rarities, and I know my way around the forums and oekaki.
I would like to become a GH as I would love the privilege to help newer members of the CS community find their way around the site and be able to enjoy the full CS experience. I would also like to be able to give something back to the website that has taught me so much by any way that seems possible, whether it's introducing them to all of the features available here on CS or helping them figure out how to make the most of the site.
i'm desperately looking for someone from iceland to teach me icelandic/ about the culture as i am moving there shortly
-love is for
╔═════════════ CHILDREN══╗

--------------------- i'm sagittarius
                --- a law student mildly obsessed with piercings,
                ----- houseplants, and women that could beat
                ------------------------- me up.
                ---- find me on the fair trade thread or trading,
                ----------- and feel free to send me a pm<3

╚═════════════════════════════╝
                -------- i owe him a
                ╔═════════════════════════════╗
                ---- art instagram // advanced scribes// tumblr

╚═ DEBT ════════════════════╝
sagittarius.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:shiver:. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:17 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: September 21st, 2011
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3085
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 6 maybe 7
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? usually 2 hours, maybe more. It depends on my workload at school
  5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I'm quite good at explaining things, and I'm generally very patient with people.
  6. Why do you want to be a General Helper? I want to be a general helper because I feel that I would be giving someting back to the website I love. Also, because I love to help people and I really like feeling as though I've made a difference for someone.
All for One, One for all
ImageImageImageImageImage
1x1 search pet giveaway
.:shiver:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OhNovi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 am

APPLICATON

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Mar 22, 2010

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4573

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Six to seven days a week.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Four hours or more.

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I have real life experience managing and helping other people. I love to explain concepts and helping others brings me a great deal of personal satisfaction. I have no trouble guiding people to others if I don't have the skills to help them, or taking the time to sit down and help them fully understand complex situations. While not an expert, I do fully grasp the rares list and have experience assisting others in it. I'm skilled in BBC and HTML coding, and know the finer details of the site very well (including signature editing, profile changing, trade settings and adding photos) Please note, however, I cannot access Oekaki, and won't be much help in regards to that. I do however love to make friends, and I'm sure there will be situations where I can easily let a fellow helper, more fluent in Oekaki, answer questions related to that.

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I really adore CS, we've really bonded over the last year especially and I want to give back to the community that I cherish. Being able to directly help new or unsure members would make me feel as though I can share my experience and knowledge with the site easily. I'd be able to help more people, and my time would be spent in a positive way.

Thank you very much for allowing us this opportunity. Good luck to everyone!
. Merry Christmas
Happy Trading

"The Rares List"
Fair Trade Thread
- - -
UR Trade References
Trade With ME

And a fruitful new year!
OhNovi

My pets
My items
My wishlist