GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby kiko200 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 am

Sometimes I don't put in my real age on the sites, how old does it say I am?
Rest In Peace Lacey Jamieson

ImageImageImage
Rest in Peace, Lacey May
Jamieson. Only the good die young they say and you were the best.
An inspiration, role model and idol to many. I love you Lacey!
You inspired me not only as a rider but a person, you were the bravest,
strongest, funniest girl. Ride in Paradise,
we'll never forget you.
1997-2013 ♥
kiko200

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfxdog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Tue Oct 14, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Few, I know, as when younger I browsed the forums far more than posted. Still do - but always watching, however. Can/will post when required of me.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
6-7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
2-6+

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:

No.
A lacking CV, I understand, however this does not mean I do not believe I have the maturity and personal experience offline to handle the job. I have helped users offsite and was once an artist on a long-gone petsite/forum that barely left the fledgling stage. Although not a forum, I also for a time owned a site dedicated to sealife animal welfare and awareness, though it has been inactive/inaccessible for years now. I have, however, been a member of numerous forums - from sports fanforums to roleplay for around eight years and been exposed in that time to management of such sites, the good and the bad of posters, and the rules applied by past and present moderators in my time on ChickenSmoothie.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I believe that it would boost my self-confidence and allow me to further mature as I reach further milestones in my adult life. As a moderator, I would be able to prove to myself and others that I can work as successfully as I know I can if given the opportunity and be able to make the most of the chances given to me which I believe could be beneficial to the site as well as to myself. Learning from others is something I cannot get enough of, and the experience of the other moderators would be incredibly beneficial, allowing me to grow and to learn valuable skills in helping with the site's moderation and applying such skills elsewhere - alongside passing on my knowledge to other users.
I am a university student who has a little too much free time and I would like to see such time put to good use - I cannot see any better place for it than to be given to a website that I have grown to love for all of its nice members and curious quirks I have not experienced anywhere else. Giving something back whilst enjoying the website all this time feels like the right thing to do at this point in my membership. Helping other users and encouraging good behaviour through kind judgement would be wonderful.
I am unafraid to step in where needed and take stresses off of other users and moderators and to enforce the rules. I can keep a level-head in arguments, view and consider opinions on both sides and work out a successful way of working things out in an unbiased manner - if not, I will never fail to ask another for help if I need it.
Overall I would just love to give something back to this website and enjoy watching it thrive as it has whilst I have been a member.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):

I have worked as a scribe/helper for younger children in schools with learning and mental disabilities/disorders. Through this I have learned to have patience with those who are young and possibly more challenging. My understanding of younger teenagers/children, too, has expanded through my experience in working alongside them and learning to communicate on an acceptable level that is both polite and patient. I am always open to questions and answering them or pointing others in the directions they should be looking towards.
Whilst not an 'official' position, I have also been a tutor to my brother and cousin in english and other subjects - which required a lot of persevering to let them understand me in the end and guide them well! I study English and History as my main career path and as such I would be better suited to English-speaking forums as I know little of other languages though am fond of learning of other cultures.
I know a little bit too much about border collies... But that is for another discussion. : D

Thank you for your kind considerations.
- Wolfy
stamps and stuff wrote:ImageImageImage

not playing much anymore / semi-quit; just here for the lovely user-made adopts.

love is love, and nothing is more important than remembering that.
wolfxdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 am

fifetastic wrote:
Question concerning age - Is this "Age at time of application" or "Age at time of Moderators being chosen"? For some of us it may make a difference. Thanks ;)
~fife

It's at the time of applying
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fifetastic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 am

Nadine wrote:
fifetastic wrote:
Question concerning age - Is this "Age at time of application" or "Age at time of Moderators being chosen"? For some of us it may make a difference. Thanks ;)
~fife

It's at the time of applying

That's unfortunate - Oh well. Thank you for the answer
fifetastic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hound7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:01 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: August, on the 17th will be 8 months on CS.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): around 3,000
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day. I always have a phone/computer to get on.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: around 4-5, can be longer on weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have moderated my own few sites before, but have lost the links over a few years.
Now the important question: I love CS, and the community. I want to be a more friendlier and cleaner community for all. I have also been trying for a CS position for a while now.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
hey im hound im obsessed with Hetalia and im a friendly person :33

wip~
hound7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kevinsaurus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 am

APPLICATION

What date did you register as a CS member?:

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

Yes, I meet the age requirement for the application, and I am willing to risk seeing adult content. I have encountered a great deal of these types of situations before and possess the maturity and understanding to assess and deal with these given situations appropriately.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:

I visit CS / am online and active everyday (even when something comes up, I can generally find a way to get on)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:

Generally about 4-6 hours

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:

I have been a forum moderator and/or administrator on several forums before related to Runescape for 'clans' I have been a member of, including those for 'Burning Creation' and 'Ancient Legion'. In the past 1-2 years these groups and therefore forums / websites have ceased to exist / continue hosting, but I have had a combined total of over 3 years moderating on these forums (moderating forums for activity, spam, appropriate content, language, dealing with administrative issues through use of the admin control panel, etc.). The site hosts with regards to these include http://www.invisionfree.example.com, http://www.zetaboards.com, and ipbfree. The activity on these forums was not on a scale as massive as on CS, but there were well over 100 active members. As such, I have experience with the mechanisms of being a moderator and would certainly be able to adjust very quickly and understand those associated with CS.

Edit: I actually found the link to one of the forums (Burning Creation): http://s10.zetaboards.com/Burning_Creation/index/

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:

When I first joined CS back in November of 2010, I became instantly intrigued and engaged. The site opened me up to the world of adoptable pets and helped me discover something that I truly enjoyed spending my time doing / playing. CS is full of aspects that make it unique, and I have come to make many, many friends and love the community even more over time. As I have continued to be on CS over the past 2-3 years, my interest has never waned, and my dedication to CS has only grown stronger. CS has easily become a site and activity I have come to invest a lot of time into, and I want to go one step further and help out CS.

After only a couple months of joining CS, I knew I wanted to help make a difference and provide a contribution, and so I took it upon myself to learn my pet and item rarities well. I proceeded to begin helping players with questions on the "Is this a fair trade?" thread. Ever since, I have been very active on that thread, consistently helping others in the hopes of helping players better make fair trades. In addition to providing substantial contributions to that thread, I have also been a very active member of the "Fair Trade Thread" XAT chat, and regularly respond to PMs for help regarding trades and general topics about CS. I don’t do this just to answer simple questions; I do it for the sake of teaching others and helping them learn. I hope that I have helped a number of people become better educated to make CS a better place for both trading and communication.

One of my passions in life is helping others in whatever it is I do, and that type of behavior has carried over online for me. I am a very open-minded and considerate person. I am more than willing to listen to peoples' questions, requests, etc. and do what I need to do and what should be done for others. I have helped many friends overcome difficult mental and emotional situations in their lives, and I am an easy and very friendly person to talk to. Whenever somebody needs help, I do not hesitate to hold my hand out and do what I can to provide help. Helping others is something that makes me feel very joyous, and to be a CS moderator entails a number of duties, many of which I know will allow me to help others.

Having encountered and dealt with a vast spectrum of scenarios throughout my life, I do believe my experience gives me the maturity to perform up to par as a moderator in settling any sorts of problems or disputes. I can approach any problem and find a good way to address it, and I am a very fair person, willing to listen to both sides of an argument and provide an unbiased resolution. In addition, I am a respectful person. I am fully capable of dealing with conflicts in a calm manner without letting any pressure get to me. One of the important parts of CS is its rules; they help make CS a safe and fun place for users. As such, I will certainly make sure the rules are followed, and I will put in effort to make sure that the content found on CS is meaningful and appropriate. Having worked with children before, I understand the importance of this especially, and I would make sure to do everything I can to help protect all users and keep CS a great site.

I would like to channel my dedication, time, knowledge, and skills to a meaningful use on CS through the work of a global moderator. With all that the staff, current and past have done for this wonderful community, I would love nothing more than to not only continue contributing and helping the community at an even greater extent in order to give back to the CS community through a responsibility that I would embrace, but to also foster and promote an appropriate, safe, positive, and wonderful environment so that everybody can enjoy CS.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):

In terms of languages, I’m very fluent in English (my first language) as well as Mandarin Chinese (13 years of Chinese School experience has helped me learn how to deal with and communicate with others even better) and French (6 years of French).

In addition, I have had experience tutoring students of all ages and levels in all sorts of subjects (those ranging from 4 all the way up through adults in subjects including all levels of mathematics, a variety of the sciences, languages, writing, etc.). I was also hired as a chess teacher for young students at a school. These experiences have given me plenty of opportunities to learn how to interact and engage with people of all ages appropriately and effectively, as well as calmly and collectively.

I am currently pursuing a dual degree, and have also spent time in the past couple of years working in professional scientific laboratories. My experiences have forced me to learn how to be good at time management and organization, as well as how to behave myself and communicate with others effectively and professionally. I can bring these skills to the table to help me communicate with members and handle myself very well in all situations.

Finally, this isn't a skill so-to-speak, but I do stay up rather late often, and I have noticed that many times throughout that time period the number of staff online is reduced (I figure due to sleep). With this in mind, I could definitely help with forum maintenance and other sorts of issues around that time, and it broadens the spectrum of times I am available to help out on CS.

Thank you for this opportunity and consideration.
Last edited by Kevinsaurus on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Sunback Count - 656 | Halloween Hamsters Count - 2056
Not very active on CS anymore as I'm in medical school.
Kevinsaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boat » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 am

APPLICATION

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: At exactly Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:32. But my sister had made an account about a year before me. I used to help her with her account, so I was already quite used to the site when I registered.
    2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6382 posts at this moment in time
    3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I promise I'm old enough to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval. Also, to add to that, my computer has a type of spam virus that makes disturbing images pop up once in a while. So I'm used to things like that >.<
    4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week. I have a phone with 3G, so when I can't access a computer, I can use my phone. Which means I can get into CS while on vacation, or just away.
    5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On a regular weekday, I usually spend about 5 hours on CS, sometimes more if I have time. On a busier day when I have more work, I may only spend about 4 hours online. The time I spend on CS during weekends vary, depending on the time of year. But usually I spend about 6-7 hours (again, usually more).
    6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No, but I have plenty of experience from CS already c:
    7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Well, first of all, I admit I'm kinda - completely actually - addicted to ChickenSmoothie. I'd love to be of a help to this forum, no matter how small or large. It would be a huge honor <3
      Second, well... I just really love helping around - It makes me feel useful and helpful xD. I know all the rules now, and I know much if the forums. So I can point people in the right direction. I broke a art theft rule once, when I first joined. This was the first forum website I joined, so I wasn't quite familiar to what art theft was. But that was what led me to read the rules thoroughly again, and the warning I had gotten was removed months ago c:
      And finally, it's just my largest, and final dream on CS. I completed my other, to get a feature, a few months ago. It would just be amazing for me to be a moderator for my favorite website.
      I know this isn't the longest or the most detailed of why I would love to be a moderator, but it explains everything <3
    8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I can speak English fluently of course, and I can also speak two dialects of Chinese - Mandarin and Shanghainese. I know some Spanish from school, and have French and Korean speaking friends I can consult with if I'd like. I know Latin too, but I have no idea how that would help xD
      I do have some experience helping other people, as I work as a tutor at times. And I learn things pretty quickly, so if I happen to be chosen as a moderator, the job will come pretty naturally to me.
Last edited by boat on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
      a
      a
      a
      a
      a
      eggs and bakey
      ImageImage

a
    a
    a
    commissions - only USD or DA points
    characters
    DA
    art trades - maybe
boat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
I joined Wed Dec 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I have made 3802 posts

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, I am old enough.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit 6-7 days a week, depending on my work hours. I always try to squeeze in at least a little bit of time on CS a day.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I spend around 2-4 hours a day on weekdays and 3-6 hours a day on weekends on CS.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I used to moderate here, and here, and I am an admin on this site.

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
It would be an honour if I could work alongside the other friendly moderators. :) I constantly see topics that need to be moved, edited, or deleted and I don't have the power to do so now, but I would be able to if I became a moderator. I also would love to do some collabs that are only meant for CS staff. I love to help others as well so this would be a great personal achievement. It is one of my goals and dreams to become a moderator. Also, honestly, it would be pretty sweet if my username turned green. o3o Just sayin'. <3

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have had experience in peer mediation (I sometimes babysit my sister's children when she is out of the house). I can also deal with problems; I have always been good with doing that.
Last edited by cmichb on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chrissy. » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:35 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Mon. October 3rd, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes of course. I am of appropriate age to be seeing such content, and will handle it, the rules are very clear and I will follow them while doing so.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Usually all 7, but some weekends I may not be free.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
5-6 Sometimes less if I have to work late.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I believe your asking if I've moderated on other websites? If that's the case no, I honestly don't do many other sites like CS, but this one was a little bit more mature. And my daughter joined a while back which was the original reason I joined. Though she's quit by now(teenager's always have better things to do XD) I've decided to continue using this site.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I am no longer fully employed, I work part time in my friends business, but I really have a lot of free time on my hands now and days. Ever since I've stopped working full time, I've decided to start using CS again. Though I don't have much to do on here either, I decided I'd try and apply for this, it'd be a good way to help keep the site clean and family friendly. And even though this is just one website, it's always nice to help a worthy group of people have a good clean place to "hang out." I stopped using CS for a while because I started taking night classes, but I'm happy to say I've finished them and have a lot more time to be on the internet.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I took Spanish in high school, and though I'm not fluent I would be able to some what help out anyone who speaks Spanish as a first language.
Last edited by Chrissy. on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
" Everything You want, is on Ͳhe other side of Fear. "

Chrissy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gizmo, » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:51 am

What date did you register as a CS member? Sunday, November 6, 2011
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3,013
    Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I meet the requirements and am willing to risk seeing adult content. I know what the rules state and am willing to deal with the situations appropriately.
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit CS everyday. Even if I'm doing something, I always find a way to get on.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On the weekends, I can usually be on at least 5-6 hours, usually more. On the weekdays, depending on how school is going, at least 4-5 hours.
    Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No, I have not had a chance to moderate any other sites, but I would have liked to.
    Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to be a moderator because, like many people, I adore CS. I want this site to keep going strong, and to do that, it needs to be kept clean and safe for users. I understand that many things are inappropriate, and I want to help keep get rid of these. I may not know anything about oekaki or trades, but I know everything there is to know about roleplaying and just basic rules. I love helping people and I give out advice when I can. I'm on everyday as it is and I've been a member of CS for awhile, so I obviously am loyal. I've followed the rules the whole time I've been here, and I'd like to make sure others do too.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): A lot of people already seek advice from me, so being a mod wouldn't change that. I help people when I can, and I enjoy it. I've been here for awhile, so I understand how some things work. I'm outgoing, so I'm not afraid to talk to new people. I'm good at mediating arguments and I'm able to act without bias.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me