Equine Transformation Project - VOTING CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we update the horses & ponies from 2009-2010 so they match the current lines?

YES!
52%
NO!
34%
Maybe (I don't mind either way)
12%
Unsure (I didn't understand exactly what will be changed)
2%

Total votes : 3566

Re: Equine Transformation Project - REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Postby Rouzani » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Octember wrote:
Tess wrote:Sorren Fey has already prepared about 25 adults that we can show for further examples

Does anyone know if the other examples have been posted anywhere? The lack of search function's making it somewhat difficult to find out.

Sorry, but the only pic I could find was used in a banner

Here ya go:
pg 414
Image DA || My Characters || Commissions - OPEN

** Image **

Image Image Image
Rouzani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Octember » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:36 pm

KingQuincy wrote:
Octember wrote:
Tess wrote:Sorren Fey has already prepared about 25 adults that we can show for further examples

Does anyone know if the other examples have been posted anywhere? The lack of search function's making it somewhat difficult to find out.

Sorry, but the only pic I could find was used in a banner

Here ya go:
pg 414

Oh, thank you!
Octember

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupen » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:36 pm

I'd love to see more examples, even though I already made my vote :P Just seeing them is exciting.
ImageImage

✨ Everything I have on CS is for sale for Flightrising! Desperately looking for the familiars above. ✨
Pet trades accepted as well.

Lupen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saijuri » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 pm

I Love the different Linearts !!
When we have a Change we only have one :( thats are very sad for me .
So i dont will like the Change !!!
Please dont do this !! The Old Line arts are just the Story from CS !! When we kill this Lines its a History we los !
Just looking for Wishlist Pets :)
My Goal : Have all Pets on CS .... any Day .... maybe ... its hart :P
Saijuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Okay so I've been stalking this thread since almost the beginning. I decided initially but I wanted to say some things on the matter that I've been thinking about. [I did vote yes as soon as I saw the thread just so you all know]

1) I was around when Equi was "charged" with tracing. I remember that it was a big deal but I hadn't heard much about it after the event happened. I assumed that it had been cleared up and became a finished matter. However some of you claim it was "swept under the rug" which is true according to the current events. She created second lines that no one cared for based on mistrust which is natural to humans. Later in time she left and now its hard to get into some pages of her account.

I've seen many people here changing their opinions based on the Tumblr pictures showing her images over-layered on horse images. While I agree some were traced, I also say some of the pictures are also wrong. Based on the proof I can agree she heavily referenced on some of her line arts since the lines aren't perfect. I think some of those 'original' photographs are wrong if you're trying to prove she quote on quote 'traced' all her line arts. If you want me to agree all of them were traced then you'd need better proof than those. The only reason I can agree to all this is because I was around when the event happened.

To all this I agree that CS is being hypocritical letting her art continue to live on the site based on how they address art-theft, tracing, and such matters. I have read the post in which it was said that people who copy/trace art on Oekaki get their thread locked and a warning for their account. This is good to allow second chances. Some people don't know how far the line is between tracing and referencing I think and someday hopefully someone should clarify it. Equi did get a second chance since she was allowed to create new line arts, although they didn't go over well in popularity. She got a second chance and it didn't work out. I think everyone deserves that, even though I know some of you would claim that "Once an art thief always an art thief" to which I disagree.

I've seen various people claim that if they were the photographer they would be honored. I personally am an Artist. I take pictures at the zoo for references on body structure, use skeleton images and such just to try. I would be insulted if I had not been credited for references once I had posted a photograph or art. Because of all the art theft on the internet I don't post my art on sites typically to protect what I had created. Even a mere notice to the photographer asking for permission and then after posting that she had referenced would have been better than claiming to nothing. So don't forget that.

Also due to all this talk of "thief-er-y" people keep claiming that legality may come into this and CS would be shut down in result. As I believe in copyright laws I feel that this may scare some people into changing their vote. I understand that the law takes copyright very seriously but this did occur several years ago. If action is taken now there aren't worries but the odds of finding the exact photo that Equi has used for CERTAIN [considering there's no way to ask] how would we know the exact person is trying to bring CS to court? As moderators and users have said horses can only do so many poses and some pictures may seem as they fit but don't truly match the lines to the extent that its' tracing.

Over the course of the thread it has been stated time and time again Rarity won't change. Some people say that it will because there won't be as many lines and Equi horses and ponies are special. While I agree some of them should stay based on lines [PPS ponies, as well as the ones on the rares list in particular] Most will gain value from what they're worth now. Most users have distaste for Equimagine adoptables based on the tracing/copying, as well as that no one wants them. Some of you state that you love them to death and think they have value now but if you trade frequently and use the trade forums you won't find many people who want Equimagine art at all. Mainly collectors want them and that's still only one of each. Most people DON'T want Equimagine at all including me. I personally try to rid myself of them as fast as I get them because of their low value on the trading market. Whether they're rare or not they have less value.

If you're concerned about CS history being erased it won't happen. Some of you say that older members aren't voting yes. I can't say I'm from 2008 or 2009 but I did adopt months worth of Equi in 2010 and I didn't like them much the more I adopted them. They're tasteless to me. I just don't see anything in them; however I personally love the Yulh lines. I find them more elegant and less clunky as the Equimagines appear. Personally I'm also looking forward to the new unicorn lines and the switch. [I really do hope the drafts get some edits though. I'm not a horse rider but they seem rather...awkward to me but much better than the Equimagine ones in shape to me]

Overall I have weighed both sides and will continue to as this thread progresses. I think that the change will be good for CS overall. Create an Archive for the Equimagine horses just like the old Malk lines and look at them there. Save images of your favorite horses to keep forever [like I do with my favorite dressed pets] Everything will be okay in the end. Be glad we have staff that cares enough to see what we all have to say.

- Kanon

Edit: Sorry for the lengthy post lD I meant to just say a few things but it just turned into a paper length argument
    Edit two: Sorry I'm finding all my typos now since I can't view the whole thing without confusing myself xD
    Edit three: I also meant to say I voted Yes not No at the beginning 8,D
Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs and Art

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Wolfs-rain wrote:I Love the different Linearts !!
When we have a Change we only have one :( thats are very sad for me .
So i dont will like the Change !!!
Please dont do this !! The Old Line arts are just the Story from CS !! When we kill this Lines its a History we los !

We'll have more than one.
There will be:
- Pony lines
- Horse lines (As well as the Arabian, Friesan, Clydsedale, and Andalusian)
- Draft lines
- Unicorn lines
- Donkey lines
- Possibly zebra lines

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Bacon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:54 pm

-Kanon Adolfus- wrote:
    Okay so I've been stalking this thread since almost the beginning. I decided initially but I wanted to say some things on the matter that I've been thinking about. [I did vote no as soon as I saw the thread just so you all know]

1) I was around when Equi was "charged" with tracing. I remember that it was a big deal but I hadn't heard much about it after the event happened. I assumed that it had been cleared up and became a finished matter. However some of you claim it was "swept under the rug" which is true according to the current events. She created second lines that no one cared for based on mistrust which is natural to humans. Later in time she left and now its hard to get into some pages of her account.

I've seen many people here changing their opinions based on the Tumblr pictures showing her images over-layered on horse images. While I agree some were traced, I also say some of the pictures are also wrong. Based on the proof I can agree she heavily referenced on some of her line arts since the lines aren't perfect. I think some of those 'original' photographs are wrong if you're trying to prove she quote on quote 'traced' all her line arts. If you want me to agree all of them were traced then you'd need better proof than those. The only reason I can agree to all this is because I was around when the event happened.

To all this I agree that CS is being hypocritical letting her art continue to live on the site based on how they address art-theft, tracing, and such matters. I have read the post in which it was said that people who copy/trace art on Oekaki get their thread locked and a warning for their account. This is good to allow second chances. Some people don't know how far the line is between tracing and referencing I think and someday hopefully someone should clarify it. Equi did get a second chance since she was allowed to create new line arts, although they didn't go over well in popularity. She got a second chance and it didn't work out. I think everyone deserves that, even though I know some of you would claim that "Once an art thief always an art thief" to which I disagree.

I've seen various people claim that if they were the photographer they would be honored. I personally am an Artist. I take pictures at the zoo for references on body structure, use skeleton images and such just to try. I would be insulted if I had not been credited for references once I had posted a photograph or art. Because of all the art theft on the internet I don't post my art on sites typically to protect what I had created. Even a mere notice to the photographer asking for permission and then after posting that she had referenced would have been better than claiming to nothing. So don't forget that.

Also due to all this talk of "thief-er-y" people keep claiming that legality may come into this and CS would be shut down in result. As I believe in copyright laws I feel that this may scare some people into changing their vote. I understand that the law takes copyright very seriously but this did occur several years ago. If action is taken now there aren't worries but the odds of finding the exact photo that Equi has used for CERTAIN [considering there's no way to ask] how would we know the exact person is trying to bring CS to court? As moderators and users have said horses can only do so many poses and some pictures may seem as they fit but don't truly match the lines to the extent that its' tracing.

Over the course of the thread it has been stated time and time again Rarity won't change. Some people say that it will because there won't be as many lines and Equi horses and ponies are special. While I agree some of them should stay based on lines [PPS ponies, as well as the ones on the rares list in particular] Most will gain value from what they're worth now. Most users have distaste for Equimagine adoptables based on the tracing/copying, as well as that no one wants them. Some of you state that you love them to death and think they have value now but if you trade frequently and use the trade forums you won't find many people who want Equimagine art at all. Mainly collectors want them and that's still only one of each. Most people DON'T want Dquimagine at all including me. I personally try to rid myself of them as fast as I get them because of their low value on the trading market. Whether they're rare or not they have less value.

If you're concerned about CS history being erased it won't happen. Some of you say that older members aren't voting yes. I can't say I'm from 2008 or 2009 but I did adopt months worth of Equi in 2010 and I didn't like them much the more I adopted them. They're tasteless to me. I just don't see anything in them; however I personally love the Yulh lines. I find them more elegant and less clunky as the Equimagines appear. Personally I'm also looking forward to the new unicorn lines and the switch. [I really do hope the drafts get some edits though. I'm not a horse rider but they seem rather...awkward to me but much better than the Equimagine ones in shape to me]

Overall I have weighed both sides and will continue to as this thread progresses. I think that the change will be good for CS overall. Create an Archive for the Equimagine horses just like the old Malk lines and look at them there. Save images of your favorite horses to keep forever [like I do with my favorite dressed pets] Everything will be okay in the end. Be glad we have staff that cares enough to see what we all have to say.

- Kanon

Edit: Sorry for the lengthy post lD I meant to just say a few things but it just turned into a paper length argument

What a lovely thought out post. Thank you for putting it in such calm and very explanatory matter. You pretty much hit on every point giving a good view, and I do agree with you.
General Bacon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kafka » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Well...I thought the drafts were really cute in the old lines...
/Image
art blog / ig

in need of da points! selling ocs here,
commissions here!
kafka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Indian pony~ » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 pm

I was thinking.. And correct me if I'm wrong but would copying the designs/ colors on the old line arts to the new linearts be considered art theft? You would still be copying someone else's work...
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
~Indian pony~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:02 pm

~stablebum~ wrote:I was thinking.. And correct me if I'm wrong but would copying the designs/ colors on the old line arts to the new linearts be considered art theft? You would still be copying someone else's work...

No. It may seem that way but when Equimagine retired her lines, and designs were handed over to Tess, and she forfeited her title to them.

So the lines and designs belong to CS to do what they will with them c:
    - Kanon
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs and Art

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery