Equine Transformation Project - VOTING CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we update the horses & ponies from 2009-2010 so they match the current lines?

YES!
52%
NO!
34%
Maybe (I don't mind either way)
12%
Unsure (I didn't understand exactly what will be changed)
2%

Total votes : 3566

Re: Equine Transformation Project - REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Postby Taiger Lilly » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Yuki. wrote:
Please don't put down an artist, even if she traced. Opinions are welcome, just don't take it far please.

About the whole tracing thing, as I too have voted yes, but how heavily did she reference? I understand when someone takes something such as a photograph and uses it as a guide, but did she like completely trace it? Or is it just a small reference?
~Snow

A few (1-2, I think) are traced line for line.
The rest are fairly similar, but it is debatable whether they were traced or closely referenced or if it's a coincidence, there's an overlay somewhere, I'm sure you'll get a link to it soon.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~TGenie- » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Octember wrote:
Tess wrote:Sorren Fey has already prepared about 25 adults that we can show for further examples

Does anyone know if the other examples have been posted anywhere? The lack of search function's making it somewhat difficult to find out.

This...?
"When a problem arises..
Do these 3 things:
Face it.
Fight it.
Finish it."
ImageImageImageImageImage
~TGenie-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toppyrocks » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Pooka. wrote:
So I have found myself caught between what decision I should make on the voting. I'm torn between both sides because I understand where each side is coming from. A small suggestion/idea has formed in my head though, so I figured I'd pop in for a split second and share it to see what other people think.

Is there some way that it may be able to be worked out in which users would have the option of switching the settings on their pets? I.e. Similar to how we are able to manually change what we would like the site design/layout to look according to our personal preferences. I'm a computer person, but I'm not so in depth to know how much work that would take or not. It would be a way to where everyone might be able to see the horses, or any other pets that have multiple linearts, in the way that they like best. So if I were to have my 'setting' on seeing all of the Yulynh horse/pony styles, then when looking through someone else's pets, trades, or even seeing them on the forums, I would see them only in the Yulynh styles rather than whatever the other user has it set to?

This was just a quickly whipped up idea and I have no idea of knowing if it might actually have a chance of working or not, but I thought I'd get my thoughts out there before I actually vote on my opinion of the matter. ^^

P.S. If this has already been suggested, I'm deeply sorry and will get rid of it if need be! ^^''

This was mentioned a while ago and there was a few people that gave really good answers that explained it really well. I'll do my best to summarize since finding the exact post will be a pain.

The problem is things like it would kind of defeat the purpose of removing the art-thefted versions, as well as it would contradict trying to simplify the amount of horse linearts we would have. There's also the issue of would you see other peoples horses how they have them set, or how you have them set? If it's how you have them set, then if there was items that other people added they would appear random and all over the place. If it's how they have them set, then throughout the forums every horse would than have two versions. I hope I didn't confuse that for you. Personally, I think it would be neat, to see either version, but it would defeat the purpose and I think that since they ARE from stolen art, they shouldn't be kept.

It's not like they would completely disappear off the internet, though, because there's no doubt that they will be archived someplace, whether on the wiki or in a thread, and I'm sure we will continue to see them in signatures and avatars.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not."
-Dr. Suess

Toppyrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuki. » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Taiger Lilly wrote:
Yuki. wrote:
Please don't put down an artist, even if she traced. Opinions are welcome, just don't take it far please.

About the whole tracing thing, as I too have voted yes, but how heavily did she reference? I understand when someone takes something such as a photograph and uses it as a guide, but did she like completely trace it? Or is it just a small reference?
~Snow

A few (1-2, I think) are traced line for line.
The rest are fairly similar, but it is debatable whether they were traced or closely referenced or if it's a coincidence, there's an overlay somewhere, I'm sure you'll get a link to it soon.

I just did, and I see what you are saying. I do agree that these lines should be changed. Thank you
~Snow

Yuki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Yuki. wrote:

~Snow

No, she completely traced it. Though I do love the pony lines, I support the change.

Draikinator wrote:It's not really up for debate on account of it's proven status. *sigh* I'll post the links again.
Rainbow Mane
Draft Horse
Foal
Foal
Foal
Unicorn
Somebody posted th epony comparison a bit ago, too, but I didn't save the link. This is a pretty compelling argument though, I think.
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

Hi there lovie, I'm Porcelaine
I'm always open to friendly folk, feel free to send me a hello!

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Kindness is no virtue, but a common duty.
Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pooka. » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Haloclimb wrote:
Pooka. wrote:
-----Idea was here.-----

Yup, it's already been suggested! Tess has said it wouldn't be done for various reasons (I can't really remember what though)

Oh I'm sorry! Thank you for letting me know! ^^'''

Draikinator wrote:
Pooka. wrote:
-----Idea was here.-----

This idea HAS in fact been suggested several times.
The issue is it would be very difficult to code, may confuse newer users, and people may be uset they can only collect one version or that it would affect rarities because people would want to collect both.

It also does not change the fact that Equimagine's versions are traced and thus not in compliance with CS rules.

I'm aware that it doesn't change that fact. Like I said in my post, I'm torn on my decision and I do get both sides of it. I'm sorry if I have offended you with the idea.

Toppyrocks wrote:
Pooka. wrote:
-----Idea was here.-----

This was mentioned a while ago and there was a few people that gave really good answers that explained it really well. I'll do my best to summarize since finding the exact post will be a pain.

The problem is things like it would kind of defeat the purpose of removing the art-thefted versions, as well as it would contradict trying to simplify the amount of horse linearts we would have. There's also the issue of would you see other peoples horses how they have them set, or how you have them set? If it's how you have them set, then if there was items that other people added they would appear random and all over the place. If it's how they have them set, then throughout the forums every horse would than have two versions. I hope I didn't confuse that for you. Personally, I think it would be neat, to see either version, but it would defeat the purpose and I think that since they ARE from stolen art, they shouldn't be kept.

It's not like they would completely disappear off the internet, though, because there's no doubt that they will be archived someplace, whether on the wiki or in a thread, and I'm sure we will continue to see them in signatures and avatars.

I totally see where you are coming from! ^^ In my idea I actually mentioned that you'd see them at whatever you had your settings set at. Eh, no matter, it wasn't a good idea on my part anyways. Thanks for being so kind as to sum up some of the other reasons for it! c:
      I sort of faded to the background for a few years. I can't necessarily say I'm making a comeback for good, but I'm planning to check in from time to time.

If you're an old friend, shoot me a message sometime, and I'll get back to you when I next stop in.

Until next time...

Pooka

Pooka.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:15 pm

I just have a question, because I think at some point this might have been said, but I don't know if it was an official thing or if someone was assuming;

But, if the vote doesn't pass to switch the lines to Yul's current ones, are Equi's going to stay? Or are they going to change for sure, and it's just a matter of finding lines the majority is happy with?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I've been avoiding the topic today because I was spending far too much time typing up curt/angry/frustrated responses to stuff and never posting them...
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toppyrocks » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Pooka. wrote:
Toppyrocks wrote:
Edited for space!

I totally see where you are coming from! ^^ In my idea I actually mentioned that you'd see them at whatever you had your settings set at. Eh, no matter, it wasn't a good idea on my part anyways. Thanks for being so kind as to sum up some of the other reasons for it! c:

Glad to be of help. I must've missed that part of your post, sorry about that! And it wasn't a bad idea, they've done it on other sites (howrse, for example) and it worked fine. Just different circumstances, is all.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not."
-Dr. Suess

Toppyrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Selkiegal wrote:I just have a question, because I think at some point this might have been said, but I don't know if it was an official thing or if someone was assuming;

But, if the vote doesn't pass to switch the lines to Yul's current ones, are Equi's going to stay? Or are they going to change for sure, and it's just a matter of finding lines the majority is happy with?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I've been avoiding the topic today because I was spending far too much time typing up curt/angry/frustrated responses to stuff and never posting them...

Not really sure at this point. I suspect if the majority was against it, the idea would be altered to find a way to make more people happy rather than scrapping it altogether. Right now I'm pretty certain the poll's never going to change to a very high majority on either side, so there's likely going to be a second poll made with a few alterations (such as special lines for a few particular ones like the PPSes and the RBM, perhaps using slightly edited lines instead of the standard lines, etc.) to see if more people would be amenable to that change. It'll never please everybody, but hopefully we can arrive at something that most people are okay with. :3
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Octember » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Tess wrote:Sorren Fey has already prepared about 25 adults that we can show for further examples

Does anyone know if the other examples have been posted anywhere? The lack of search function's making it somewhat difficult to find out.
Octember

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me