Oekaki Moderator - Applications closed.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Oekaki Moderator - CLOSING SOON

Postby Aero <3 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:52 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: August 2010 (1 year and 1 month ago)
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1381 posts
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I go on every day
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-8 hours everyday depending on schoolwork and out of school activities, but the cs tab is always opened on my laptop/computer.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. Yes but unfortunately it shut down as i was on cs alot more
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes i have used it a few times but if i was to draw i would draw from hand
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?yes evytime i go on cs i spend about half and hour looking at the artwork
8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS ?I think i would be a good oekaki moderator because i am good with art and is able to make sure that people are not getting bad comments for there art and make sure that no-one is "art thefting", and i would be able to help out the people who dont know what oekaki is and make sure that the art is child suitable
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I help alot in the forums a have a few of my little forums like the 'newbies reward thread', 'get your most wanted wishlist pet faster' and have created many auctions and art contests. I have also moderated/helped 1 other site. I am always looking for something to do around the forums, mainly helping people with trades, pet problems and im always welcome to help them. Many members have come to me for help and they have always appreciated by gifts, thank yous etc. I have also learnt Chinese for 3 years, Spanish, German and Japanese for 2 years. So i am a bit familiar with people who don't speak a fluent English, most people say im good at communicating with people who need help
Aero <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bangarain » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Rainwolfeh wrote:Uhm, hi ^^; I forgot to ask.

I have one board warning, which I felt, (and still feel) horrible abput.
;w;
Is it okay to apply?
If not, I totally understand and I'll delete my application. ^^;

*hides* ^^;
bangarain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Rainwolfeh wrote:
Rainwolfeh wrote:Uhm, hi ^^; I forgot to ask.

I have one board warning, which I felt, (and still feel) horrible abput.
;w;
Is it okay to apply?
If not, I totally understand and I'll delete my application. ^^;

*hides* ^^;

Your warning isn't that severe.

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peacock Wolf » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:06 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) Sat July 9th (This is a second account, but don't ban me, I had to quit one of my accounts back in January, because I thought I was going to quit, but now I made a new one and so yes, I've been around since the summer of 2009, so about I've been around about 3 years =^.^=)
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 1,024 (Not including my other account, which I quit back in January, which had about 3,000 or so)
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 6-7
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 6 or more
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Yes, I have but most of them have sadly died out :/. I was the "Assitant Admin" on a very active website called SkyClan Fans with 800+ members. I still to this day do not know why it stopped. I just went on one day and it was just closed. So, I would love to get back into moderating :). For some reason I just enjoy it. Because in real life, I can't do this sorta things. That's why I would love to join the Chicken Smoothie team!
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I do draw, a lot actaually, but I just have not uploaded any yet. Though I do enjoy looking through the amazing drawings that people have opened up to the CS community! It is quite inspirational to look at others amazing artwork! So yes, I do use it, I at least go on there for about 4 hours everyday just to comment on art and learn new techniques.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I do, reaad above if you want to know more. But yes I definetly do! All the time, I just love art and I support artist who are brave enough to take critism from other super good artist!
8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I love to do this sorta stuff. I haven't done it for an extremely long time and would love to get back into the swing of moderating. I am usually the one to step up and be the leader in a group if nobody else is and I am very responsible.

Another good trait about me, I am also quite patient. No matter the situation, I will wait for someone to take the "blame" for it. I don't just fly off the handle and start screaming and hollerin'. Cyber-bulling is not okay with me what so ever, that is a growing problem and will be taken seriously and right away, no questions asked. Staying on task is a thing I am still working on, but am getting better, and if you get mad at me, I promise I will do everything I can to change my addittude and try my hardest to fix my mistake.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Patience is the key is one of the main things I would probably bring. This , in my perspective, is a great skill to aquire. Also, I have a wide imagination, and that can lead to having creative ways to punish people. But don't take the wrong way, I won't do things like, go to peoples house and beat them, but as in, having someone send a PM to all the staff with a, however long, essay saying what they did and why it was wrong and at least 3 things they will do different next time. That is just an example, and may or may not be a good choice.

Well, I hope you take me into consideration, if you have any further questions or concerns please PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can!

Thanks!

~Cloudsy

Hey der :3 My name is Peacock Wolf, don't really care what you call me as long as its something nice I don't mind :)
Peacock Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peacock Wolf » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Does this mean I'm disqualfied....? :/

Hey der :3 My name is Peacock Wolf, don't really care what you call me as long as its something nice I don't mind :)
Peacock Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Cloudsy wrote:Does this mean I'm disqualfied....? :/

seeing as you are under 6 months, yes.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peacock Wolf » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Did you read the thing that says "How long have you been on", read it and you will understand'

Peacock Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Linsang » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm afraid that will probably only hurt your chances even more. And it's the stats for this account that make the difference.

Responses may be slow due to IRL obligations, bear with me. I'm an adult and my pronouns are they/them!
Music recommendation from me! :D
Linsang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peacock Wolf » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Well let's just leave it up to Tess :)

Peacock Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chubbymanatee » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:46 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:06 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1989
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Usually every day ^u^
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Hmm, kind of hard to say. Let's just go with many many hours; I'm on CS pretty much all day, or as long as I'm on my computer.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I haven't really moderated, but I've helped settle disputes that are art-related in the forum, and also by PM.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? You know it ;) I love love to draw on oekaki here, and also give advice to users who don't know how it works.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I definitely do, I love to see the new, and the old art. I comment to give critique sometimes, or simply just to give support and say that I love something.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Honestly, I've always wanted to be a part of the CS staff. Other positions didn't stand out to me as being a good job for me, because I was looking for something to do with art. Being an oekaki moderator is something not only I think I will be good at and enjoy, but also something that will hopefully help others and keep the amount of "breakers-of-the-rules" down. Oh, and of course keep the forum organized.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I'm a very calm person, and it takes quite a lot to get me angry with people. I try to always be kind and polite with people, even if they're doing something wrong. Just because someone may be rude and angry, does not mean I have to be back. I've also been the victim of art theft before, so I'd be happy to help with dealing with those situations. Also, I not only feel that I could help out users who don't know how the oekaki forums work, but I can also give out advice on the actual artwork. I can give layer help, shading/coloring help, line help, or really anything anyone needs, as I've had a lot of experience with using the oekaki here.

Good luck to everyone else <3
chubbymanatee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me