General Helper Applications - now closed. Pending selection

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for General Helpers!

Postby fallingfast; » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:49 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply): August, 2010

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply): 6,476

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I try to get on everyday, if possible.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Around 4-8 hours per day. (Sometimes more, sometimes less)

5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?): I love to answer questions in the forums, and I love helping people out. I can speak a little bit of Japanese, not quite fluent though.

6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I would love the chance to help members and newbies. I adore CS and I already check the "CS Suggestions and Problems" part of the forum daily and answer all of the questions I know the answers to. I love to help out where I can, and I think this would be a great job for me. I can keep the peace, and never get annoyed easily. I reply to PMs as quickly as I can. I usually can take my time to explain things -clearly and slowly - to members. I know a lot about CS, for the time I've been here. I would love to help members, old and new, if they had a question on their minds, and would do my best to let them get the answer they want to hear.

Thank-you for this opportunity, Tess c:
Last edited by fallingfast; on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.
{account not used anymore}
fallingfast;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:51 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
July 23th, 2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
4-8 hours a day

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?
Im rather great at trade-values. Im very social on CS, and will talk to everyone. Im never afraid to help. In fact, I love helping others. I know my way around CS perfectly, and know the rules 100%.
Off of CS, I might start a "Child Councilor" class, where I am helping others in my school with bullying, stress, etc. I was told I will most likely be chosen, so it would start this year. My patience level is also very high considering I have a sister, and my aunt has a daycare (which I usually end up babysitting them all!) I get straight A's in school, and Im always volenteering to help others.
Im familiar to almost every of the typical questions of CS. I end up searching the forums for answers to questions I dont know, so Im always surrounded by questions. I love it. xD

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
Theres so many reasons! First off, Ive always adored CS and wanted to be a General Helper. Answering questions daily would be an honor. I love helping people, and CS. Mixing those together would be a dream come true. If I cant answer a question, which would be rare, Id do my best to help them. Id either direct them to someone else, or at the best of my ability try and figure it out. I never want to let anyone down.
Last edited by Animall on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'paradox » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:52 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Thu Nov 05, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum?:
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Six or seven days a week.I try to get on every single day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Once I get on a stay on for quite a while.Probably 5+ hours.Yes,I have no life <3 whoop.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
You said if you could speak another language,well...Im learning french.So I know some of it.I also don't get affected by 'drama' on CS or in real life.Ask any of my friends,it doesn't bother me and I usually no how to comprimise.I know trading inside and out,though I have stopped collecting pets and all my groups are locked.Oh,what else...?Im nice..?
Why do you want to be a General Helper?
Because I want to help CS.Im tired of seeing flaming on the forms because someone doesn't know how do something correctly.I want to teach these people how CS works,the in and outs,what to do and what not to do.I hope to reduce the anger on CS so it can be a fun,happy place for all ages.<3

Even if I don't get the job,I will still try to help to my utmost ability.
'paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pachuri » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:54 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Monday, December 28, 2009 6:13 pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum?: 4208
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 3/4 or more hours a day (5 or 6 in the summer usually)
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I am patient, concise, and love to help others. I am a hard and fast worker, have experience with people, and would love to bring my social abilities to make the transition to CS easier to understand for new members. I can paraphrase, or rephrase, rules for any age to fully comprehend and can explain some of the basic functions of CS that make it an addicting and fun site to use. I practically live on this site and am knowledgeable about the forums, adoptions, oekaki, and how to change your profile and personal settings. I also keep my real life and CS separate, allowing for factual and non-emotional problem-solving. I also do not have a bad side. I am almost always cheerful and will not snap at anyway or make them feel unwelcome in any way.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I am readily available and think that I could contribute all of the above skills to CS and to help everyone enjoy a full and delightful experience whenever that go on CS. I love to give and do not expect anything from others except respect, and would love to make a new member's first impression of CS a good one. I spend a lot of time on CS and will put my time and effort into this job if selected.
Thank you for this chance for me to unleash the possibilities of CS to all, one person at a time.
-BocceF

ImageImage
Meet Ivy (nonbinary), Homebound (male)
Links wrote:Image
**Dreamie:**
Second dreamie= pheonix[/size]
Pachuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:57 pm

APPLICATION

What date did you register as a CS member?: 28 July 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):2064

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day, without fail.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend at the very least two to three hours here. At most I can spend about seven hours.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I can think of a few. Firstly, I live in an odd time zone, so chances are I'll be online when nobody else is. I have just become an admin on a budding pet breeding/adoption site, and am getting plenty of experience with all sorts of people. I have a habit of adopting newcomers (just ask Alisaa, one of my adoptees who has become a friend) and I am calm, patient, and have subbed in as an agony aunt throughout my whole life. I am told that I have 'one of those faces', and as a result I end up trying to solve a lot of problems. I am literate, I speak passable Afrikaans (so I could probably understand Dutch, if I had to) and I'm mature, patient and know this site like the back of my hand.

Why do you want to be a General Helper? I love people. People fascinate me. They always have, and as a result I love working with them. I am not satisfied just enjoying CS any more. I have events down to a fine art, and since I already spend far too much time on this site, I feel that I want to go a step further, and officially start helping people. I already help anyone who asks for it, and I wish I could help more people. I remember being a newcomer, or making mistakes, and as much as I try to stop other people making them, I know that I can't really help as it is. I try, but it's not so easy. I want to be a General Helper to get more involved in the CS community. I want to help anyone who needs it. I think I am capable of doing this, and have the patience and cool head not to be hasty. I am used to dealing with all sorts of odd pet-adoptable scenarios, and I want to increase that knowledge and share it.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jezi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:03 pm

August 10th, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
7 days a week /no life
Constantly: 3-4 hours at a time, but I "check-in" periodically (So maybe up to 7 hours...)/no life
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I speak a little bit of french (I am going into my fourth year of learning it.) and I could probably communicate effectively enough to teach a new member who speaks french about the site. Also, among my friends I am often the one "stuck in the middle" who can see arguments from both sides and explain to the opposite side the viewpoint of the other in a calm way and usually I can resolve problems by calmly offering both sides insight to the other. Another thing, for people new to forums and unfamiliar with BB code I would love to help explain it to them, I'm a bit of a "code geek" and love working through codes, so I wouldn't mind sharing how much you can do with it with someone else ^^;. Lastly, I'm not really sure whether this is worth mentioning, but being a graphic designer here on CS I sometimes get PMs from people asking how I make my graphics (usually signatures) and they often ask how I link the different parts of the image to different things, this is a very long thing to explain and it can be quite a different explanation depending on the program they are using to make their signature (thankfully I have programs similar to most and I'm familiar enough to give directions off the top of my head) taking the time to explain this each time I get a message takes a lot of patience, just as I'm sure it will take a lot of patience to show new members around the site.
I may not frequent the problems/suggestions or introductions forum much right now, simply because it is not in the list of "threads to check" that I have right now, and I wish it was. I always try to help when I do happen to stop by those forums and give a warm welcome to new members since I know how much it means to a new member to be welcomed by someone else in the community. I want to be as helpful as I can around CS and I feel like I could help a lot more if people saw that I was a designated helper. I've seen some of the arguments that people have around CS and some of them annoy me a bit, I want to be able to step in without feeling like they won't listen to me. Then of course, there is just the fact that I love CS and want to give back to the community <3
Jezi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nowi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:08 pm

September 6th, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Usually sevn days. When I have a lot of homework or such, sometimes I skip a day because of the time it takes.

During the summer/break, usually 2-3 hours, during the school year, 1 and a half to 2 and a half.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Well, I've been taking Spanish for three years, and I am somewhat fluent in it, and I can have a simple conversation. I am also planning to take both German and Korean soon, as well. I am good at answering questions, if I know the answer. I feel that I have been in CS for a long enough time that I understand the site and how it works, so I can help other users get a feel for the site. I can also be polite to people, even if they are being rude, and I can resolve arguments fairly well. I have also been a "mini-mod" on some forums, and that often involves answering questions.

I would like to be a General Helper, as I feel I can gain confidence from doing this, and I will be able to transfer what I do here into real life. Also, I would love to help people, as it makes me feel better when people understand things better. I think it would also be a good way for me to get to know more people on the CS forums.

I understand that since I am a rather young member, I may not be qualified, but I promise I will do everything asked of me, and more, if I can.
Thanks much for this opportunity, Tess!
Last edited by nowi on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

i am no longer that active on cs.
    i am looking to trade all of my pets for art or fr!
    if interested you can pm me or send a trade c:

i am still using all my ocs!

if you would like to reach me you can contact me on flightrising!
nowi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Removed » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:12 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) Tues. December 21 2010
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 3083
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday exept for Sunday
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I have an iPhone and I literally check CS every five seconds. :lol:
  5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) My friends always tell me that I am very funny and friendly so I think I could bring some more smiles to the forums.
  6. Why do you want to be a General Helper? I think helping people is very important. Many newbies would be lost without our wonderful General Helpers. I am a Newbie Helper on another website. ( Strawberry Smoothie ) I have always looked up to the General Helpers. They don't let colored names get in the way of helping others. That is what I would like to do. When I first joined this website, I was amazed. I wanted other newbies to feel that way. Overall, it has always been my dream to work on the awesome website! :)
[/list]

Thank you for giving me this oppurtunity! :)
Removed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:19 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: May 28th, 2009
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 75 192
3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day
4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I usually spend five plus hours a day on CS.
5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I am a leader at the high school I go to, and I help new students, a Mentor. and that is what it would be like at CS. I can keep calm in all situations and don't mind explaining things repeatedly, I am very patient.
6. Why do you want to be a General Helper? I want to be a general helper so I can be a more helpful member in the CS community, I also like to help people, and I am on most of the time,so I can help people when they join, so CS can be a better community then it already is.
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotel breakfast » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Tigress and I want to be General Helpers, but are we even allowed to since there are two people at this account? I figure we are, since Tif + Jo is a joined General Helper account. Also, do we each have to make an application, or are we able to submit one that we both worked on? Thanks in advance.
-Riff
kass .. & .. riff
☀ ★ ☾ showcase ☽ ★ ☀

ImageImageImage
you spirit double, you specter with my face !
why.. do.. you.. mock.. my... love - pain... so
that..tortured..me..here,.here..in..this..place
so ... many ... nights, .... so ... long ... ago ?
hotel breakfast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me