Artist Applications - CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Artist Applications, Staff Changes !

Postby Huskyflower » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:37 pm

I'm so excited to apply!! I just have a question about the "examples of other artwork" section. Is this intended to be more examples of pet designs if we come with more than just the three on the template, or is it meant to be a portfolio of my artwork unrelated to Chicken Smoothie? And if we want to submit multiple designs, how should you go about that? Like, should you copy/paste the example pets/template and expand the canvas, or submit multiple full sheets via the more examples page? Thanks in advance for answering! I've been on CS for a while now - I did my first art commissions on CS as a kid, which then lead to me becoming a freelance illustrator with a degree in illustration. It feels like a full-circle moment to be applying now! :mrgreen:
SUNJEWEL FOR '09 ANIMAL EGGS 1-4!
Aurore and ImplosiveExplosion are people I know irl, so we may share the same IP address or even the same computer at times. We also trade. A lot. So please don't ban us!
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Huskyflower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:53 pm

Huskyflower wrote:I'm so excited to apply!! I just have a question about the "examples of other artwork" section. Is this intended to be more examples of pet designs if we come with more than just the three on the template, or is it meant to be a portfolio of my artwork unrelated to Chicken Smoothie? And if we want to submit multiple designs, how should you go about that? Like, should you copy/paste the example pets/template and expand the canvas, or submit multiple full sheets via the more examples page? Thanks in advance for answering! I've been on CS for a while now - I did my first art commissions on CS as a kid, which then lead to me becoming a freelance illustrator with a degree in illustration. It feels like a full-circle moment to be applying now! :mrgreen:

The examples you attach would be like a portfolio of any of your original artwork from designs to general art you've made that demonstrate your skills as an artist and support your application. If you've colored someone else's lineart, used something for inspiration, or created something as a collaboration please be very clear in your application.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pallastronomy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Is there an age requirement for artists, or can anyone apply?
My TFO LabMy Magistream ScrollMy Protochroma Profile

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageMeowdy!ImageImage
ImageImageYou can call me Azure, Celeste, Elijah, or Koshka, and I’m an artist, animator, writer, and government certified moron. Feel free to drop in and say hi! I don't bite!ImageImage

Signature decor by Martith, Crasty-For-Life, King-Lulu-Deer, mairu-doggy, stardust-palace, RenIrako, Drawn-Mario, and peachkonpeito on DeviantArt! Go check em' out!
Pallastronomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:04 pm

Azuresylveon wrote:Is there an age requirement for artists, or can anyone apply?

There is no age requirement to apply.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby walter white » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:38 pm

awww, its such a shame to see yugi go. their pets are some of my absolute favorites and i wish them well <3

i'd also like to say good luck to anyone applying!
walter white

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloefromschool » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:48 pm

I'm not sure if my application is going through or not. I'll hit 'submit' and it loads the page, but instead of bringing me to a new page it brings me to a cleared out application form. Is that normal or should I be getting to a 'Your application has been submitted' type page?
They/them!

**✿❀Art Gallery!❀✿**
‸^‸Critiques Welcome‸^‸

cloefromschool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:00 pm

I would apply but there's too many people who've been waiting longer than me for this opportunity.
Good luck to those that may apply!
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FleshCanvas » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:22 pm

So sad to see yugi go they're designs were some of my favourite xx

I have been waiting for this moment sinc elike 2012 so I am so excited to try out, I've been thinking about it all day <33

On an unrelated note.. everytime someone says yugi go i keep reading it as yugioh

ANYWAY

Good luck everyone xxx

Edit:
One question as well, how many applicants will be accepted? is it just one to fit yugi's place?
FleshCanvas
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:40 pm

cloefromschool wrote:I'm not sure if my application is going through or not. I'll hit 'submit' and it loads the page, but instead of bringing me to a new page it brings me to a cleared out application form. Is that normal or should I be getting to a 'Your application has been submitted' type page?

When saving the application you should be able to go back and keep editing it, so if its showing up blank then it didn't submit properly. I'd suggest saving it with the main image first and the written parts, then go back and add more images one at a time. Make sure the images are uploaded in PSD or PNG format.

..(X).. wrote:One question as well, how many applicants will be accepted? is it just one to fit yugi's place?

There's not an exact number but it'll most likely be more than one. Looking at our past artist applications quite a few people were selected so I'm sure this round will be similar.

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manikarnika » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:52 pm

Have a nice life!

Loved these:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageTundra (Sister), & Equid Phantasm (Mom), and me all use this computer & also our laptops to play. We sometimes are on in 2 locations at one time (By leaving the home computer online). Rogue Prince and I share a laptop and do sometimes make unfair trades with each other!Image
Manikarnika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me