Small update to forum buttons, user page, foe list

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Small update to forum buttons, user page, foe list

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:16 am

This is a nice update for newer users, but I really prefer the old layout better. The new one is too out there and big for me, and it just jumbles up my page ;O;
I looks too... big and gaudy, and it really clashes with the business theme that I use for CS.
I agree with all the people asking for an option to have the ability to pick between the old and new layouts.
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Amethyst » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:18 am

I logged in and saw the update, I was like, "wait... did Nick and Tess update?" Then I saw this announcement and I was like "nice". Anyhow,, since I use mobile 99% of the time, this will help me to click the right button. I also think, this will help new users. Thank you Nick and Tess for updating the buttons!
PM open 24/7
Need help? PM me.
I'll get back to you asap!
Lady Amethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:21 am

Not that it's something I have any control over, but would people be satisfied if CS business just, didn't have the icons? Like, just the buttons?
I'm not sure, but I wonder if the change is preparing for bigger additions that would be incompatible with the old format. Just guesses here, nothing I know about for sure - the admins make these choices.

Anyway, I'm personally happy with the buttons. Makes the site feel, more, idk, modern? So many text links feels very 2009 which is nostalgic for sure but I'm happy to see CS keeping up with web design too haha.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:26 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:Not that it's something I have any control over, but would people be satisfied if CS business just, didn't have the icons? Like, just the buttons?
I'm not sure, but I wonder if the change is preparing for bigger additions that would be incompatible with the old format. Just guesses here, nothing I know about for sure - the admins make these choices.

Anyway, I'm personally happy with the buttons. Makes the site feel, more, idk, modern? So many text links feels very 2009 which is nostalgic for sure but I'm happy to see CS keeping up with web design too haha.

I would love to have just the buttons and not the icons for business! It would feel more natural, if that makes any sense ;<;
I never thought lf that! I wonder what they'd be adding?
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby charmie » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:43 am

So I'm going to be honest I don't really like it I actually kind of hate it, not all of it though. The idea is nice, but the icons for my chicken smoothie stuff I feel is a bit jumbled and I think maybe it should be put back at the bottom of the page in a straight line idk though I personally just don't like it. The post update is actually pretty nice but will take some time to get used to it but if there was a choice to choose between this and the old one I'd choose the old one.

The idea is really nice and I love it but it's just kind of big mess on the user profile.
charmie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hau-chan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:50 am

I was a bit suprised, when I logged onto the site. Well, I, unfortunately, must say, am very unsure about the update. It looks good in the forums, that for sure. But I think I'd prefer if account buttons were smaller and/or to have a choice to choose between old and new buttons, as many mentioned. It is just to messy for me. BUT! I must admit that I love the cat picture for "pets" button. It's just so cute. c:
I am no longer available here. If for some reason you want to contact me, you can try on my FR account, though I am not very active there as well.
Hau-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:53 am

Ahh these are adorable! They definitely fit CS.

But now the profiles look a bit awkward on mobile:

F5C0BB9B-7B57-487B-A2AB-BC0CA2FFC9A2.png
F5C0BB9B-7B57-487B-A2AB-BC0CA2FFC9A2.png (227.34 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Maybe the cute buttons could be made the same width? This would mean that there’s would be more blank space for the buttons with short words like Pets or Items but I think it would make the buttons look better through uniformity.

The cute buttons are definitely startling for those of us who aren’t used to them. Maybe we can have a version similar to the more serious buttons like New PM, Add Friend, and Send Trade?

Loving that the report button is clearer on posts ❤️
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:58 am

I’ll admit I really really dislike the profile buttons. It is big, gaudy, and kinda..... silly looking to be frank. Now the forum buttons are great, love those! But these other ones just don’t look right and feel like they are geared towards very young children (like under 10). Considering a lot of users are over that age I guess it just seems odd. Do you think there may one day be an option to turn those buttons off and make them like the old way? It would be so nice to have that option.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 am

honestly i dont really like this update at all :c like others said, it makes the profiles look too bulky. if you maybe put the buttons where the links used to be along the bottom, i think that would look ok. i understand the purpose, of course. but, there are a lot of cs users that have been here a long time and already know the whereabouts of these things. it would be nice to have the option to revert back ^^

[also side note,,, i liked the small report post button from before. now it's too big and the color is too bold. it kind of ruins the look of forum posts imo, my eye just keeps going straight there.]
Reiy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me