Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Mods wanted - apply within!

Postby Rainbow Dash » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:30 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: December 27th, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9,679

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Seven days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Anywhere between three to six hours if my check-ins are lumped together, I pop in throughout the day. On a day off work I can clock in eight hours. (And I do pop in on my phone at work.)

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I was a mod for Teripets in 2006 (the site is gone as far as I know.)

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Of course the answer is "I want to give back to the community" but it goes a little further than that. I want to be proactive when it comes to CS's forum maintenence. I spend a bit of time every once in a while just browsing around flagging things for mods to lock, move, or investigate. I'd love to be able to get my hands dirty and get it done myself. I'm very hands-on when it comes to problems and I like to tackle them at the root.

More importantly, I want CS to be a safe place. I do my fair shares of internet atrocity tourism, I've seen horrible things. I want to keep CS a sanctuary from the rest of the big bad internet where everyone can chat, trade, roleplay, draw, and bargain without fear.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I've done stints in customer service and corporate offices, so getting yelled at or blamed for things isn't entirely new. I've assisted with and done my own investigations into art theft and have a good grasp on resources to track down the source for copied and traced material and a good eye for spotting it in the first place.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rentropy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Question: What if you're an old member who came back with a new account?
π™·π™°πš…π™΄ π™΄πš‡π™Ώπ™΄πšπ™Έπ™΄π™½π™²π™΄
β”Ž-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-β”’
cs/fr chat | flight rising
he/they | ace | queer

β”–-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-β”š
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
━-━━━━---━━━━-━
𝙰--πšƒ--𝙸--𝙴--𝙽--𝙲--𝙴
━-━━━━---━━━━-━

𝙰----𝙼--𝙰--𝙽----𝙲--𝙰--𝙽----𝙳--𝙾
β”Ž-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-β”’
render, meaning "cause to become"
entropy, meaning "a state of disorder"
render entropy, cause to become disordered

hey, my name's ren. i hang out here sometimes.

β”–-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-β”š
𝙸-𝙡---𝙷-𝙴---𝙷-𝙰-πš‚---πšƒ-𝙷-𝙾-πš‚-𝙴
rentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Destiny » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:28 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined Sunday July 11, 2010 at 4:05 pm! I have been a part of this site for 4 years *wipes brow* weeew!
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I am!
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I try to visit CS once a day. I even browse and post on cs via my phone so, its almost always open.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
3-4 hours is average right now, though I have been known to spend more.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I have not moderated outside of CS. But I do help moderate for a species page, Lenarions. As well has having help run a free pets gifting war page in the free pets forum for a few months, successfully.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
I love people. I am just a huge people person, and I have a passion for helping people whenever and however I can. That being said I have been a part of CS for over 4 years now. This website is incredibly special to me, and the people here are incredibly special to me. If I was able to better extend a helping hand to this website, and its family of users, it would only be an honor. Ive enjoyed and do enjoy answering questions, and helping people where ever I can, in the help forum and in all the areas of cs where I usually post. CS has provided so much happiness for me, and while that may sound corny, that happiness has meant a great deal to me. To help spread that joy and to help keep CS the great place it is, well that would just mean even more to me. CS is a huge part of my life, and I wouldn't mind making it an even bigger part. <3
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I was a junior leader for multiple years at a local children's club. So I do have experience in staying unbiased and level headed when it comes to confrontations, or altercations with younger people. All past jobs I have had in real life have given me experience with working closely with other people and have given me the great ability to solve many issues with ease. I worked at a grocery store for nearly 3 years where almost on a daily basis I had to work with other people to solve issues or problems, and answer any and all questions. I also have been a part of this website for quite some time so I have a good basic knowledge of rarities, can use the Oekaki with ease, know how to find things quickly and I am also knowledgeable in BBcode.

Edit; Ah I did want to thank, any and all staff members in charge of reading these applications. And also wish luck to other users who sincerely want this post. I look forward to seeing the new set of green names around whoever that may be.
Last edited by Destiny on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I AM COMING BACK TO CS
AFTER 8 YEARS

I am missing many pets from being away
Are you quitting or down sizing ?
Please, consider lending me a hand...
So I can lessen my giant gap of missing pets <3
Destiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Mao. wrote:Question: What if you're an old member who came back with a new account?

For the requirements, we go by the account you're currently on, so if you don't meet a certain requirement at the time of applying you'll have to wait until the next application opportunity.
Last edited by Nadine on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

β™‘ ~Courageous~ β™‘
discord: @captainnadine

β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”β–”
she/theyβ™‘ isfj β™‘ dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

πŸ‰ 🦌 🐼 🦠 πŸ’›
.✫*゚ο½₯゚q.β˜†.*qο½₯゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rentropy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Nadine wrote:
Mao. wrote:Question: What if you're an old member who came back with a new account?

For the requirements, we go by the account you're currently on.

|Alright|
|I would love to be a global moderator, but sadly, i have only been on the CS account for a good 4 months, so good luck to everyone who is lucky enough to apply|
π™·π™°πš…π™΄ π™΄πš‡π™Ώπ™΄πšπ™Έπ™΄π™½π™²π™΄
β”Ž-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-β”’
cs/fr chat | flight rising
he/they | ace | queer

β”–-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-β”š
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
━-━━━━---━━━━-━
𝙰--πšƒ--𝙸--𝙴--𝙽--𝙲--𝙴
━-━━━━---━━━━-━

𝙰----𝙼--𝙰--𝙽----𝙲--𝙰--𝙽----𝙳--𝙾
β”Ž-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-β”’
render, meaning "cause to become"
entropy, meaning "a state of disorder"
render entropy, cause to become disordered

hey, my name's ren. i hang out here sometimes.

β”–-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-β”š
𝙸-𝙡---𝙷-𝙴---𝙷-𝙰-πš‚---πšƒ-𝙷-𝙾-πš‚-𝙴
rentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cornishninja » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:18 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 12, 2008. I did have some inactivity from 2009 to 2012, but have been active a lot since then.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6112

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 Days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-4 hours, sometimes more, sometimes slightly less.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have been staff on two other sites, however, one of them has long, long since gone inactive, because it was back in 2008 or so, and therefore linking it is not an option.
The other was still quite some years ago, but I was one of the Admins on Khimeros.com when it first opened, and worked there for several years before a critical, mutual disagreement occurred with the owner, and I became too busy with my degree to remain staff there. I have not worked as staff since, because I have been focusing on my university work, and then employment following that. Now that I am at a nice, secure situation, with enough hours in the day to spare for CS, I feel as though I could go back to being staff. My name on Khimeros was Kimera, and I was account #4.
I also moderated on a student forum for the university I went to when I worked as a senior student for them, however, they have since changed servers, so all records of that have been lost. I can provide details of the university for you, but there is little else I can do.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Well, as I stated in the previous question, I feel as though I have the time to go back to staffing a site now, and CS is the one I am most fond of, and most active on, not to mention having been around for for a very great deal of time.
I have always enjoyed working as moderator, because it allows me to get into much better touch with other users on the site, and feel as though I am doing something to help the site that I so support. I feel that I could make a real contribution to CS with the life skills that I have learned up until this point, and would relish the chance to build on said skills in such a position. I would love the chance to become a more active member of the CS community, and contribute my skills to its smooth running, making a good experience for all users.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Well, other than my staffing from other sites, I have worked in several environments that required me to moderate peers and various age groups. When I was in my second year of my five year stay at university, I worked as a senior student in the student accomodations, which required me to go flat to flat every week, make sure nobody had any troubles with their work or each other, and generally be a face-to-face peacekeeper and problem solver. This also involved moderating an online discussions forum for the students, as I mentioned earlier.
I have also worked as a lifeguard in the past, which gave me significant experience dealing with people of all ages in an environment that could be extremely tense, getting people to obey certain rules, even when they did not wish to. It taught me how to deal with people in almost any situation in a polite, patient manner, without losing my cool or taking anything that was said personally. I have built on this skill in all of the jobs I have done since then, and now provide excellent customer service with a polite and efficient manner, never losing my cool, dealing with any situation that might arise in the workplace.
I would treat moderating the same way, calmly and rationally dealing with one problem at a time, until it is efficiently resolved.
I am also well versed in French. I would not say fluent, but can understand and communicate acceptably in the language.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration!
1500+ Tradies in my
trade groups!

Sunjewel up
for offers!
Cornishninja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saturn V » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:38 am

What date did you register as a CS member? I joined the game on the 34th June 2013

How many posts have you made in the forum? I have made 624 posts in the forum

Without posting your age are you old enough(and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting moderator approval? I am old enough and I would know how to deal with it in a professional manner

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit CS every day

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I usually spend most of the day on CS so it can be anywhere between 4- 15 hours a day

have you ever moderated on any other forums before? If so please link them: no I haven't moderated on CS before but I have a very clear idea on how it is supposed to be done

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have been playing this game for a while now and I spend most of my day on it so I thought I might as well be helping in the forums instead of just browsing them.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I am very keen with other cultures and can speak many different languages including Swedish, French, Spanish and Russian I can also pick up a lot of words in languages that are similar in many ways to Swedish ie. German and Dutch. I also have a lot of experience with calming people and enforcing rules in stressful situations

Thank you for taking the time to read my form

Sincerely animal lover1234

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” β˜†β˜†β˜†β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Hi friends! - I’m Saturn V

β˜† Toyhouse β˜† Art Fight β˜† Art Shop 2 β˜†
Discord: Saturn V#8631
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” β˜†β˜†β˜†β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Saturn V

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geotalon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:28 am

What date did you register as a CS member?
Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:29 pm

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I am of age and willing to risk seeing adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I'm usually on every day to check messages and threads I watch.

I'm on almost all day and check in at random points. On average I'm on maybe 10 hours a day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have too many to link, so I'll only link the bigger threads I help moderate. Currently I am an admin Kiamaras and I help moderate and clean up all the sub threads linked to them. I mainly deal with sending users PMs giving them a warning, strike, or answering a question, so I don't often post in the threads. Another species I help mod is Plumarians and I used to mod/own Makoatls before I handed them over. That is three large oekaki species that I have helped moderate.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I really enjoy moderating and I am always willing to grab a spot where I can.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have had a lot of moderating experience. As an artist for career, I deal with customers every day and have learned over time how to handle them, be friendly, but also still be firm. One of my strong points as a person is that I am able to deal with people and situations of all sorts well. Like mentioned, I often deal with giving warnings, strikes, and bans in the species I am and used to be apart of because that is what I am good at.

Thanks for another opportunity, good luck! :D
geotalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NightmareFrost » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
3 days per week and usually weekends.

2-3 hours

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
No.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Because since this a child friendly site, I do not want any other posts created by someone that is inappropriate for kids who play. So it's best to keep it clean and away from unnecessary post.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I can understand/translate in Spanish.
NightmareFrost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:58 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 17, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 22,035
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I'm usually on all day/night so around 20 some hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: --
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I've always wanted to help out on CS I've always wanted to be a moderator since I joined, but I wasn't old enough to join any back then, sadly. But I've helped some users that needed help around here, I know the rules of the site really well, so I think this would be an excellent job for me.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I speak other languages such as French and Swedish, I know a bit of German and Spanish, but not as well.

--

Thank you for giving me and all the other users a shot at this. c:
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me