The trading send/edit pages have been updated!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: The trading send/edit pages have been updated!

Postby CelestialEclipse » Fri May 30, 2014 12:23 am

The normal trades I don't think changed much, but the COPPA's now having messages is a major improvement. It still protects them, but lets them communicate. Great idea! :thumbup:
CelestialEclipse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A Random Moustache » Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 am

Untamed Shadow wrote:Everyone is talking about the new options, but I think one of the best things is the larger message box and the cleaner interface! I am on mobile most of the time, so having the smaller boxes on the old interface was sometimes a challenge. Adding the option to cancel within an edit is a good idea too. Before, on mobile, I would have to go back to viewing the trade and sometimes that was a hassle. I think everything is great so far.

I don't think that the smaller boxes was a challenge on mobiles (I'm on my blackberry, galaxy tab and iPod most of the time) but I do agree with you about that canceling on mobile thing. I do fear that the small circles will be a blockade to a "smooth" mobile trading though. I will test it out on mobile this night to see..

A COPPA traded me and in case you are curious, here's how the message looks like
Incase if this is spam, please remove it c:

And there's a new message notifier when someone sends you a suggestion:Image

instead of

-insert username here- has sent you a trade suggestion!
Last edited by A Random Moustache on Fri May 30, 2014 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
FR wrote:
A Random Moustache

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri May 30, 2014 12:31 am

Great news for the COPPA messages :)

Not sure how I feel about the radio buttons. I hope they don't confuse non-English speakers, then again I never really thought about how the old options might either. I kind of wish the accept one was green and the suggest one yellow so there's a more visual reference of which you have picked, maybe just around the radio buttons themselves rather than the labels? Idk.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Night Visions » Fri May 30, 2014 12:47 am

Solloby wrote:Not sure how I feel about the radio buttons. I hope they don't confuse non-English speakers, then again I never really thought about how the old options might either. I kind of wish the accept one was green and the suggest one yellow so there's a more visual reference of which you have picked, maybe just around the radio buttons themselves rather than the labels? Idk.

Yeah, maybe they could be made a bit more visual, so it is easier for the people who don't have such good sight to identify and click the right button. But otherwise, it's a pretty good improvement.

Hey, I'm Night Visions!

Feel free to call me Night or Nighty :3
I'm obsessed with Supernatural, as well as many other things,
so feel free to send me a PM any time if you want to talk c:
I don't bite...much (;

My Quiz
Night Visions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri May 30, 2014 1:01 am

Little confusing, the new edit trade screen lol It will take a bit to get used to. And now i'll have to go re-do all the rules set to my inbox so that the trade suggestions also go into the right folder - pff such work -

Kinda agree with solloby, i can see how it's confusing uVu

Hopefully the coppa'd lines will help them with trading!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby van Wolf » Fri May 30, 2014 1:06 am

This is great news, it will be alot easier to trade. It's also great that COPPA members can now send messages. My friend is a COPPA member and before, she could not ask if she wanted a particular pet, if she wanted the trade to be edited or even thank someone for a trade. This should help alot of people. Great job! :thumbup:

Solloby wrote:Not sure how I feel about the radio buttons. I hope they don't confuse non-English speakers, then again I never really thought about how the old options might either. I kind of wish the accept one was green and the suggest one yellow so there's a more visual reference of which you have picked, maybe just around the radio buttons themselves rather than the labels? Idk.

I also agree with Solloby. Although the change is for the better, I think there should be more visual reference.
Last edited by van Wolf on Fri May 30, 2014 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
van Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MasonBees » Fri May 30, 2014 1:07 am

Thank you so much for the COPPA message bank! I have a feeling that this will make the whole experience a lot more streamlined for everyone :)
MasonBees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flightoftheowl » Fri May 30, 2014 1:08 am

Great idea for COPPAs! I don't need to make a communication group now! ^.^ But the edit screen is a bit confusing if you just glance it over. The color thing sounds good to me too. But I like it still. :)
Please, if you want to talk about anything at all, my PM box is open to anyone and everyone! Feel free to reach out at any time, and I'll get back as soon as possible. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my immense pleasure to help as many people as possible!
I am on EST, or Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5). My old account was slp0001, but I no longer use it.
flightoftheowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DerbyGirl » Fri May 30, 2014 1:08 am

Thrilled for Coppas and the new lines! I hope it eases trading for them!

The new trading system will take some time to get used to...but soon we'll hardly notice the difference I am sure.

Edit: Don't care for the mobile. The buttons were already difficult the old way-and now they are even tinier.
Last edited by DerbyGirl on Fri May 30, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Chat! wrote:Trade and pet value
questions? 1×1 RP? Just want to chat?
Feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open!

Image ImageImage ~ Image
DerbyGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruruskadoo » Fri May 30, 2014 1:14 am

Solloby wrote:Great news for the COPPA messages :)

Not sure how I feel about the radio buttons. I hope they don't confuse non-English speakers, then again I never really thought about how the old options might either. I kind of wish the accept one was green and the suggest one yellow so there's a more visual reference of which you have picked, maybe just around the radio buttons themselves rather than the labels? Idk.

I feel like I'm missing something. ^^; What are the radio buttons? Is that part of the thing for the COPPA users? I tried looking around the new trade system and I didn't see anything like that, although I tend to miss things right in front of my face.
She/her, irregular hours but I'll try to get back to you as fast as I can
Ruruskadoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me