Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby Boghound » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:38 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    Nov 26, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
    Almost every day. On occasion, due to illness, I won't visit for a day- but that is very rare. I'd have to be in the hospital or some similar dire situation to skimp out on CS.
    Once a month there'll be two days I won't be able to visit, unscheduled days that are related to a Ren Faire I'm a part of.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    On a weekend: 16-18 hours.
    On a week while school is in session: 10-12 hours.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
    Yes, but I do not remember the names of the forums. All of my older modding experience was from 2005-2007.
    I am a mod on The Free Art Thread, (though I do not mod openly, I message people who don't follow the rules, it causes less strife that way) and am an artist & basically a co-owner/mod of Deersserts.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:
    Yes! While I do most of my art on SAI, I am an active part of the Deerssert adoptables, and participate in the occasional weekly challenge [hope to participate in more!].

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
    Yes! I really enjoy looking over the weekly challenges, the advanced boards, and the adoptable boards. CS is full of amazing artists.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
    I'd like to be a moderator to help clean up the inappropriate content I've seen often. I have a little sister, JennaLee, who plays, and I hate the idea of her stumbling upon that sort of thing. I like to help when I feel I can, and I feel I'd excel in this field, and really be a valuable member of the team. I'm familiar with the rules regarding the oekaki, and I feel like I could be very efficient at this job.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?):
    As a big brother of two siblings, [and basically raising them] I'm used to being as unbiased as possible when it comes to situations. I pride myself in being able to look at both sides of an argument or issue and coming to a compromise, or explaining why there can't be a compromise [in some cases]. I'm able to take backlash and look at it objectively and not get upset over it.
    I have used the oekaki program and found out the ins and outs of it; not only on this site, but on others as well.
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boxcarr » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:56 am

What date did you register as a CS member?
    May 08, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)?

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    It is pretty rare for me to be gone for an entire day. I am quite active with my account, and it would be incredibly rare for me to not visit CS for a full 24 hours.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    On average, I would probably say around 4 on weekdays, and longer on weekends. Some days I get less time because of homework, but I can always find time to check CS once in a while.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
    I am currently a moderator for Pseudodragons - a species created by Pachoofoosh. I always handle situations calmly, and try to be as polite as I can. I tend to find this makes people more willing to cooperate, and it gives the general attitude of the community a more friendly feel. <3

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    Yes - I sketch nearly every day, and am very familiar with the program.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    I do, especially when the threads I post on aren't very active. I browse a variety of the forums, and tend to keep an eye out for suspicious pieces or spam. I only report something if I truly feel it does not comply with the CS rules.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    I feel that I could really help to contribute to the community in a positive way, and that I can handle situations maturely. I visit CS all too often, and I think that it would be nice to be able to help out and keep CS safe for all members.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    I have often helped my friends defuse fights or aggressive situations they have been in by suggesting advice, and taking a proactive approach to the argument. I very rarely get into skirmishes myself, and even then I handle the circumstances well and am responsible for my actions. Violence and aggression are never the answer. In terms of my experience with Oekaki, I am very familiar with the program, and have helped users in the past with technical things, such as making their image transparent, or adding interesting effects.

As a side-note, my dear friend Keero wrote a recommendation for me for this form. I am unsure whether this is allowed or not, but I would appreciate it being read since I believe that an outside perspective is both helpful and revealing.
    Here is a screen-shot of his words.

Thank you for your time and consideration. c:
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
[ she/they | adult | tall cryptid ]

[ dA | zookeeper | canadian ]
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
boxcarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana Dancer :) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:26 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 26, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 11493 (0.02% of all posts / 17.63 posts per day)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days, unless I am on vacation.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Close to 14 hours a day
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have but they no longer exist.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I have coloured in drawings.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? It gives me a reason to look at more drawings and i just want to help out some way on the website.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): Not really. I do more it secruity, for a living..
Currently doing:
Sleeping
If you roleplay with me, work at 7 pm
Click to see my time----XX
My Trade Thread

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 30 people.
I have received 20 gifts.
Banana Dancer :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Velaris » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:53 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) May 14th 2012
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 3281
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 6 out of 7, I cannot get on Mondays usually.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At leas 2 but sometimes more.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I have but I am not very good.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I love to do that. I prefer to scan over the Oekaki boards than to draw in them.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would really like to be able to help CS in someway other than just being a member. I have always wanted to be a mod or something to help CS. I want to give something back to CS.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I cannot think of anything off the top of my head but I am a mature teenager who enjoys CS and will give un-bias advice ad help to anyone who needs it. I will also keep CS clear of spam and inappropriate material. Thank you for considering me.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
vulpixbirthday dec 31st capricorn Image

"moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars."

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Velaris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atheon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:58 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: I have been a member on CS since May 2013.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): I currently have 2676 posts.
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I visit CS every day.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I'm usually on CS for about 5 hours, although I am sometimes offline when my profile says I'm online.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No, I haven't. I have gotten over my randomness, so I am more serious than a year ago.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Of course!
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: I spend some of my time browsing the Oekaki to find any competitions and other editable oekaki. Sometimes I like to comment on people's art.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I feel like being a moderator will help you learn things, including what is wrong and what's right.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?): No, not yet. I have improved my drawing skills from trying to become inspired by other's people art. I try not to steal any art that another person made. Ever since I found CS I thought it was the perfect place to draw and share art. At first I thought my art was bad, but then I realized that I have become a better drawer. In fact, CS helped me draw.
They/he. I like video games and music. Straight edge.
carrd
Atheon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♬raιĸoυ♬ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:15 am

What if your an old member who has returned?
♬raιĸoυ♬

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azazel. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 am

This is a shared account, and only Ace of Hearts is applying. Lyd only comes on every once in a while to collect pets and draw on the oekaki.

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:36 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
All of them, but if I can't make it on some days, at least 5-6

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
As many as I can, really, which is a lot. I'm rarely not on CS, as I don't have much else to do nwn

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Unfortunately not if we're talking on other sites, but I am an artist for my own species, though not very successful
Lumos Bunnies

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
All the time, it's actually my main operating system. I absolutely love the oekaki and find that it's more simple to use than photoshop and way more advanced than gimp.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes I do. I browse the forums a lot just to get ideas on what to draw next or what kind of designs to make for my adoptables. A lot of the oekaki users are really creative and I admire that.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I feel that it would be a good test of my responsibility and a way to give back to the site for providing such an excellent drawing program. I haven't have much of an experience working with a group but if I become an oekaki mod I would have more exposure to that. I also love to help people when it comes to this program. I know when I first started out I was so confused, so I want to help out some others that might be just like I was.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
Well I have used the oekaki for many many many months, even years, and I think I can say that I have a vast amount of knowledge when it comes to the program, as well as some tips and tricks when it comes to drawing certain things.
I absolutely love helping people. Though I'm a bit shy in real life, on the internet I feel like I branch out a whole world more and helping others boosts my confidence tenfold, especially if they learn something new from my help.
Last edited by azazel. on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:36 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 1st, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum: 3698 posts (3699 including this post :D)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit every single day! I love chicken smoothie!

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I visit around 2 times a day. The first two visits
are usually 3 hour to 4 hours long. If I have the chance, I go on a phone to check my posts/trade. That usually lasts .5 to 1 hour each day. So.. About 5 hours each day, if I'm not busy.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have moderated my own website, http://mysticlandadopts.niceboard.com. I moderated topics on CS, such as Roleplaying topics and Usermade Adoptable Topics.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, I have. Though I don't post most of them(Shy reasons) I still draw on the Oekaki.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I have done so many times on phones...
I really love how others draw <3

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? First, I always loved to draw. Ever since I was young, I loved to draw. I also always wanted to be a teacher/Artist. Second, I like to help others if they need help. Third, I would really love to help out on chicken smoothie. Last, I would really like something to do other than check posts! :D

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I am good with helping others, since I am overall calm. I have the skill of teaching others, and using technology. I have read the CS rules over and over again, just to make sure I don't break any of them. Also, I am familiar with the Oekaki board and how to use it.

Good Luck guys <3

prisms | she/they | adult
ImageImageImageImage

Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImage
prisms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:42 am

.Wrath. wrote:What if your an old member who has returned?

Only your current account counts.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Flamefur:. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:20 am

Can you edit your application if you forgot to add some things?
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! I'm Flamefur, not much to say, later I will be adding more squibys!
.:Flamefur:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me