Equine Transformation Project - VOTING CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we update the horses & ponies from 2009-2010 so they match the current lines?

YES!
52%
NO!
34%
Maybe (I don't mind either way)
12%
Unsure (I didn't understand exactly what will be changed)
2%

Total votes : 3566

Re: Equine Transformation Project

Postby Fancy Cat. » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 am

This would be pretty cool :3
I'd be okay with this c:
Fancy Cat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ Castiel ~ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 am

Xiao_Jian wrote:I have to say no. I like the new lineart better, but it's also neat to see the "evolution" of the horses. And this might sound cheesy, but preserving the old lines is like preserving the history of CS. I know how it sounds, but I've been playing long enough to feel that way.

Not to mention that this cutie:
changing to the new lineart PPS would be a tragic, as far as the virtual pet world goes.

That being said, the new draft is amazing and I would love to see more of him/her. :)

it woul;d be terrible to lose this horse i agree
~ Castiel ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maggie~ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:12 am

I like the idea! It might also increase the equimagine demand, which is good because there's very little of it currently ^^
"Let's go to a place where we can see every star."
★★★★★
Hi, I'm Maggie. My CS time is very limited lately because of school, so I appreciate patience with trades/PMs!
★★★★★
Trade Thread
Auction Thread
★★★★★
maggie~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viska » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:14 am

I would personally be very very upset if the pony lineart where the eyes are covered is replaced. Its my favorite line art on the site and I have collected almost if not all of the ponies with those lines because I love them so much. They are a major reason why I started collecting ponies in the first place. The markings a lot of them have lose their charm when put on the new line art. I would love to see a bunch of new ponies in natural colors, but I really think it would be a shame to lose them. Plus the lineart isn't bad... its nice to me to have nods to where the site and artists used to be and how they've both grown.

That being said, please please please update the others! The pony lines with an eye showing could really benefit from the upgrade, the horses markings look way better on the new lines, and those drafts are to die for.
Viska

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Riopurple » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:16 am

Sorry, I've got to disagree on this one. The old linearts is what make the old horses, for me, the best. That's basically the main reasons I like the older ponies and horses. Changing them to the new lineart would be, for me, terrible. To be honest; they are what make CS a site to go onto for me, the new lineart has nothing on the oldest pony lineart. Especially the buckskin PPS that I'm after at the moment; change it to the new lineart, it would look terrible and have nothing special about it. Sorry; but I personally hate this idea, as the old lineart is what makes CS for me. Please don't do this. ._.
.: Riopurple :.

.: Tumblr ▩ Roosterteeth ▩ Seananners & co ▩ Bands ▩ Gaming ▩ :.

...........................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................................

Searching for 09' Mausoleum Staff pups C:
Riopurple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:16 am

Please don't do this Tess! It would make many players sad...
Maybe there is a way around this? Like with the rarity stamps how about we make it so you can change the horse line arts on your account setting/pets page, like the rarity labels? You know what I mean?
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashara » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 am

I have to say that I don't like this idea at all. The new drafts are cute suppose I'd be alright with those changing but the others? No. I collect equines and am close to a complete equine collection only missing a small amount less than 10. I like having variety in my collection and I love the equimagine lines. I never had a problem with dressing my horses if the lines changed I don'tknow what I'd do with my Rainbowmane. As a Yulynth horse this dress up wouldn't really work. I just can't picture it looking good. Really I don't use horse items much so for me the change is pointless.
I'd also hate to see the old PPS ponies change, they are just adorable. I love the bucksin PPS, it just wouldn't be the same.

☆ Looking for Seal PPS, have these to trade.
Ashara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jadeghost » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 am

I'm going to have to say no as well. The old linearts remind me of way back when I first joined. I still have a couple of horses in the old lineart that I kept just for the nostalgia, and I would really hate for them to be changed. Don't get me wrong, I love the newer horse lineart, and I understand the reasoning behind this idea, but wouldn't it be a lot less work to just convert the items? This is just my personal opinion, and maybe I'm only being biased and selfish just because I love the few equimagine horses I have, but I really don't support the idea of them being changed.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arouria » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 am

Not sure if this has already been brought up, but do you plan to redo ALL the stages (Baby-teen-adult) or just the adult (final) stages? If you only plan to update the adult lines, how would this affect the re-realeses? Would you end up with baby/teen equimagine lines and Yulynh adults?
This obviously would affect how they look in the archives as well.
Just curious about this before I form my opinion c:
// Help // Characters // Perediashas // Da //
Arouria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 am

Where is the PPS example?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me