Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW OPEN

Postby corgie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:32 am

APPLICATION

What date did you register as a CS member?:
November 2nd 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
17633 [ this post would be my 17634th post ]

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit 7 days a week, I'm usually more active on weekends. The only time I'm usually not on actively is when I'm on vacation or something comes up other than that I'm pretty active.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I usually spend 2-5 hours on CS if its a weekday, and if its a weekend 4-6 hours. Sometimes these times are spread out, sometimes not.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have not moderated on any other sites/forums before but I have modded on CS threads!! I am a mod at Idengartz & The Pond though.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yep! I have, its not my favorite program but I do like it. I usually post adoptables or drawings of CS pets, sometimes of my characters. I have been featured a few times as well, which is pretty cool but drawing on the oekaki is nice, its different than my normal program anyway.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, not often but I do browse the boards sometimes usually when a new feature appears that really perks my interest. I like to see the different pieces by other users whether its in beginners or intermediate. I also browse the adoptables board sometimes seeing all the different species users come up with. I also enjoying seeing WIP pictures [ then seeing as the art slowly gets finished is my favorite thing to watch tbh ] or just going into the sketches & experiments board sometimes~

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I love to see all the works that some users can make with such a simple program, especially when the oekaki used to be smaller. It is pretty amazing to see how they can do that, I know I can't! I can also deal with art theft, I commonly report the thread or show a global moderator. I've reported quite a few art thief incidents, a few were on the oekaki board as well! Its also cool to see how such a complicated piece can be completed in such a small amount of time as well which I find interesting. Practice makes perfect I guess!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I have had a bit of experience using the oekaki, I do have oekaki adoptables and have made quite a few drawings on the oekaki as well. I do have some experience in peer mediation. I can also help Macintosh users since I use Macs! [ with pen pressure, or anything else they might need help with I may be able to help them! ]

Good luck to everyone & those who are choosing! I'm sure you'll have lots of great forms to go through, and thank you for the chance at this position :)
Last edited by corgie on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pet's name: ♥ ♥ Aion ♥ ♥
quinn/m? - finn/m? -- cinder/f -- peaches/f
corgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 am

APPLICATON

June 21st, 2011
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I am online every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Between 4 and 12 hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have been a moderator on a Dutch website, but it wasn't active anymore, so I decided to quit. Now it is no longer online. It was a sort of howrse game. I enjoyed it a lot.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes I did. Sometimes I still do. Mostly just color ins, but I know how the tools work and how to work with layers etc. I enjoy coloring, but most of the times I use PS or gimp. So I can also help with that if anyone is having problems with those programs.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I can spend hours in the galleries. I mostly just watch and don't post, but I love watching the artworks of others. I love to see the diffrent styles and talents.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I would love to help out on the site and keep it appropriate for all ages. I hate art theft and rule breakings. I can imagine it is annoying for coppa users to wait before their post is approved, and I would be more then happy to make sure their post gets posted as soon as possible, if it is not breaking any rule.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I know a lot abou oekaki, and there is an awesome guide made by Sinamy with images and lots of information to show people who didn't notice it before. I am not applying to get a shiny name to get more trades, but the name color would be very helpfull. People can see that an oekaki moderator is online (I always show my online status) so that would be very helpfull if they need help with anything.
I can speak Englisch and Dutch, and I am a calm and undestanding person.
I am not trading a lot on CS, most trade I have were sent by others, so I have a lot of time to spend on my responsibilities.
I kno people can react angry when they get a warning, bt I don't take reactions like that personal. I just stay calm and explain them why they got it and I will try to settle things down.

I would be very happy to help out on the oekaki boards :)
Last edited by SabrinaB on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oh My Mercie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:44 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Jul 11, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): oh my.... 52512
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday of the week, I use my phone when I am out and about so am more often then not on cs~
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: About.... Well...all day really~ try about 15-18 hours a day if its a weekend, 10-15 on week days
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have moderated on small forums but did not get much of a moderating experience on them
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: yes~ Although lately I havent been able to load it at school due to java, I use it to sketch at home
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Yes~ Im the mornings I sometimes love to stalk the many boards for art to "fav" and just gawk at C:
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I have been a user here for some time and I would like to try to throw in a hand in the community~ I enjoy art and would love some experience of being an moderator for my future plans of completing in a graphic major~ C:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I can put out tips, can redline if need be, move if they wish, but no unique skills here that isnt drawing XDDD
Oh My Mercie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:49 am

Question: As an Oekaki Moderator, can you make peoples' drawings featured or is that the work of an administrator/administrator assistant?
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 am

There is no set position for featuring art; Tess gets a few moderators currently to choose the art. Oekaki mods can surely suggest pieces they think will be featured but it is not part of the job to update the feature list.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moon gem » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:01 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Jul 21, 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 22624
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I spend any where from 3-5 ish hours, on and off during the day. On weekends I am more active and tend to be on 4-7 hours depending on the day and the events I have planned.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: (I will get links to sites and edit this post in a moment)
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:Yes, I frequentily attempt to draw or color in some of the pictures in the oekaki
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:Yes, I frequently look through thr oekaki boards to take a look at the art being posted.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:I love the oekaki on cs, and find it easy to use. I am online quite a bit and like to look through the oekaki boards to see what is going on, and what type of art is being posted. Since 2011 I have been looking through the oekaki boards and getting used to how all of the tools work for drawing, and what content is allowed on chickensmoothie.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?):I have used the oekaki program since 2011 and since then have gotten used to how it works.

she/her • i love stars & ur flowers
lesbian • feel free to message me just to chat!
moon gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ojoku » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:03 am

April 22nd of 2010
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
    I generally visit Chicken Smoothie every day, unless a large problem arises. There are usually not problems important enough to keep me off all day, so really, almost every day.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    I generally spend at least four hours-usually it's more-online on weekdays, and when I do not have school I will likely be on for over eight hours, on Chicken Smoothie. If I have nothing going on, which is many days, I can certainly spend over twelve hours online.
    Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
    I have moderated on other forums. Sadly, all of them have died.
    Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:
    Yes, I draw very frequently on the oekaki boards.
    Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
    Yes, I can spend nearly an entire day just looking at art on the oekaki boards. I'll also often comment on art, especially if no one has commented yet.
    Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
    I would like to be an oekaki moderator because I would love to make an addition to Chicken Smoothie. Also, I really love art and if I could aid people in creating it and helping make it safe for younger users to look at it, I would love to do anything. Users on here are great, and I want to help in any way possible. All the time I see people requesting to have their art moved or something else of the such, and I think being able to help would be great.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
    I have a lot of experience in peer mediation, and while at my school we have no specific group for it, people often come to me with their problems. Also, I know a lot about the oekaki boards and how to use them. I've taught some things to some users on here and would love to help. I can also spend a lot of time on here, and I know the rules of Chicken Smoothie well.

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity. Good luck everyone,
    ~Dead
Last edited by ojoku on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    ❥❥ OJOKU
    read, learn, travel
    teen nomad girl
    pro-love, pro-choice
came for the pets, stayed for the friends.
into everything about taking part in art
will update w links c: thanks for being' alive

ojoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollowmello » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 am

APPLICATON
1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
February 13, 2010

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
5,938 posts (not uncluding this one)

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I get on anytimeme when I have free time, but I can be on 7 days a week if I really wanted.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
3-5 hours give or take. Usually I will stay on as long as possible.

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No I have not moderated on any other forums, but a first time for everything right?

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes I frequently use the oekaki to draw. I enjoy showing my (very few) drawing talents.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes I enjoy looking at and commenting on others' drawings.

8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I would like to be an Oekaki Moderator because it would be great to help, eventhough I could help in many other ways. I also think it would be a great opertunity to show my skills in working with others.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I have a few skills I could bring to the position one of them being that I am familiar with how Oekaki works and I can provide easy steps on how to use it to users in necesary. I also can be very calm with others (Or so I've been told), I do not have a tendecy to be rude to others and usually I am a good problem solver.
♥ ♡ ♥
|| >.> || hollow || <.<||
╔══════════════════╗
textextexttextextetextex
textextexttextextetextex
textextexttextextetextex
textextexttextextetextex
textextexttextextetextex
╚══════════════════╝
|| link 1 || link 2 || link 3 ||
♥ ♡ ♥
hollowmello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny x » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) May 17th, 2012 at 4:54 pm eastern

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 1445

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 5

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-5 hours

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I did but A) they died down, and B) I forgot the name. They were small little message boards.

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes I have.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I normally do it when I forget im not signed in.

8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I love drawing. I am pretty good at gimp, and paint, so i am looking for another free art service to add to my collection. I am already kind've good at it, but being an Oekaki mod would make my knowledge better.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I know how do deal with rough situations irl
roѕalιnanιna
ιѕ мy ѕιѕтer.
pleaѕe don'т вan нer.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 2 people.
I have received 7 gifts.
Bunny x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 am

APPLICATON

I registered on September 16th, 2010.

Just now, I have 7599 posts.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I visit almost every day. Rarely do I ever not get on.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
Probably if I were to be honest, I get on CS 4-5 hours a day. I'm more active on the weekend, 7-8 hours. I live in the Central Standard Timezone.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I don't have experience as a moderator, but I'll promise to do my best.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:
Yes, I mainly use the oekaki to draw digitally. I draw often, whether posted or not. I'm mainly a traditional artist, a sketcher, but have been learning computer graphics.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
Whenever I go to the oekaki, I take the time to look at some of the art, and occasionally comment/critique. I know it always feels good when someone notices your art.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
There are several reasons as to why I'd like to be an oekaki moderator.

* I really enjoy the oekaki board, looking through the art people have done. It's surprising what some can do with a simple program. I'm already pretty active over there.

* I've been on here for a few years and would like to get the chance to help out. You guys have done a great job at maintaining this site. I've gotten to see it grow into a very friendly and active community.

* I love art, which is one of the reasons why I'm majoring in it, and have chosen to become a graphic designer. I've always been interested colors, patterns, textures, and drawings. This would be a great position to have.

* I have to say, this site's staff really does care about their members and I really appreciate that. :) I wouldn't mind having the chance to be a part of it because of that.

I'd also like to propose a few things

• What is considered Beginners and what is considered Intermediate needs to be more defined. I've heard a good amount of users asking what is considered Intermediate. Honestly, I'd like Beginners to be more for those who are not that familiar with oekaki, or are not drawing something pretty advanced. Intermediate would be for those whose have been drawing in oekaki for a good while and do show some knowledge of anatomy, as well as creating strong compositions. This may cause less confusion/frustration.

• I'd love to see a collaborative oekaki board, where at least 2 artists can come together and make a great composition. And when I mean collaborative, I mean for when the artists are done, there is only one drawing and not a bunch of versions. I know this could be possible because I've seen it on a few oekaki boards.

• Really, really encourage critique. I've seen so many times where hardly anyone does that. Criticism helps artists grow into better artists and should not be viewed as bad.(unless it isn't constructive and comes off as offensive because of that)

• For there to be some guideline on deciding what drawings to be featured. This is a really great feature of the oekaki, and I'd like to really see it improved.

I probably have more ideas, so these are just a few.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?):
There are several skills I could bring to position, as follows.

* I will be repectful towards other members, and will handle things calmly.

* I'm a pretty friendly user, and don't mind being asked questions. Actually, I do like it when someone asks a question, and I can help them out. I know moderators can seem intimidating at times, but I hope to appear just as friendly as I am as a regular member.

* I have been drawing on the oekaki for over a year now. I know Chibipaint very well, so I'll be able to help people out easily with any questions regarding the program. For instance, I know how to organize and use layers effectively, how to use lock alpha, how to use and adjust the tools, how to make smooth lines, as well as duplicating and flipping layers, and more.

* I'll give critique whenever I feel like I can especially if it's asked. Otherwise, I may find a useful tutorial for them.

* I'm plenty old enough to handle inappropriate content, and remove it if such content ever arises.

* I know this will be a challenging thing, but I believe I can handle it. I know where just about any drawing goes, if it's been misplaced. I know how to identify most art theft as well.

To sum everything up, I'd love to help maintain and improve the oekaki board, and keep it a friendly environment to share artwork. Thank you for this opportunity, and good luck to everyone. :)

** Sorry for all the edits. Just wanted to add in as many points as I could think of.
Last edited by Mys on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist