Fennec Foxes - update for the 2009/2010 Shima Fennecs

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Fennec Foxes - update for the 2009/2010 Shima Fennecs

Postby Autumn Rain » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:13 am

I'm not going to get into it with you. Bottom line, tracing and heavily referencing without crediting the original artist is copyright infringement.
Autumn Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zacharie1 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:13 am

WASSAP wrote:
Autumn Rain wrote:Probably shouldn't insult someone's art when they worked very hard for this site.

Insult? I am providing feedback on a pet that I love and you are calling it an insult? No.. Just no... I am not going to kiss the artist's feet and only praise art. Especially a pet I cared alot for. The fact is there are real issues with the translation of the pet. See all that I wrote above. It does feel off by all the differences noted above and that sentiment is echoed by others. I still consider the new fennecs very cute and admirable. Its just those four fennecs do not work doing a straight design transfer. That could also be considered insulting to the original artist...

Autumn Rain wrote:And no, heavily referencing a photograph (which is considered a type of artwork) without crediting the photographer breaks copyright law. You can't copyright anatomy, but you CAN copyright photographs, because you are essentially taking the idea (which is what makes the photo unique). If you want a professional site, you need original artwork. Taking someone else's is potential for a lawsuit.

After doing a quick check on copyright laws, you are in fact wrong on copyrighting of ideas. You can't even copyright a pose with a drawing or photo either. It is only when the image can be proven to be "substantially similar" by a jury do you have a case. I never said anywhere that we should keep the lineart (which had evidence of straight up tracing). Only that the pose could simply be adjusted so it does not infringe on the photographers rights. However even with tracing, a jury may see enough difference to declare its not substantially similar since all the other contents of the photo are left out. But the adult image would be needed to verify that. So its better to change it. But not much is needed to keep the pet in the green.

True that vuv

Zacharie1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoomzoombadaboom » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 am

Nobody is insulting the artists. Not everybody is going to love the new foxes, okay? They're just expressing their opinions. You can't make someone like the art. We're all different. I don't really like the lineart that much, but I understand that they needed to change it. Still, I think they don't look at cute and fluffy as they used to. It seems like they just took something beautiful and royal and turned it into a tiny bandit, searching for food before it starves. They could have at least made it prettier, with eyes with more color, hair, and a fluffy tail. Sorry if I have offended anyone, this is just how I feel.
i quit cs, if any of my old friends see this, thank u for the memories :)
zoomzoombadaboom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rick Sanchez~ » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:45 am

To me it wasnt the cuteness. It was the fact that these lines were different, like malk and vampiric. And this goes for my opinion on equimagine as well as shimas. Just because the artists made mistakes doesnt mean everyone else should feel the rebound of that mistake. Now, I do agree that the lines shouldve been changed. Especially when someone who heavily traces ANYTHING no matter the copyright infringment, isnt an artist (in my eye) ive said before, i may free hand copy but anyone can trace which makes it not art, just a copy. But why couldnt the work that was put into any other special species be put into these ones instead of one whole brand new species to be adopted ever month? Im not saying the artists who did these were bad. I personally dont care for em all that much but that doesnt mean i dont apreaciate good art. I can appreciate good art even if its not my type art. But i believe the equamagines were special because they were different from the normal horse. And shimas were special cuz there was onpy four of them. Now there is a fair amount of fennecs and new people arnt going to care. Give new artists a shot for their own species.
Free pets! First come first serve
~Rick Sanchez~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kirsty050 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:36 am

im really gonna miss the old linearts of the shima foxes, they were some of my favorite pets on the site but they just dont have the same appeal anymore
i think if they made the tails fluffier (similar to how they did the halloween ones but not as big) and had the little tufts of hair still they would look much better
am so glad the birthday shima got its text back too, it did look too plain and similar to the new blue ones without it
My Babies ^-^
ImageImageImageImage Image
kirsty050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~sekii♥rei~ » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:56 am

Just an fyi -to the people who are saying that the people who dislike the new Shima foxes are not allowed to have an opinion and should not disrespect the art, it's rather unfair.
Considering a majority of CS users(yes, including me) don't really care for rats at all and don't want them, and I've never seen any controversy about that. That people say on their trade rules they don't want any specific kinds of pets.
I personally love rats. I love the rat plushies too. But I just don't like the rat lineart.
But suddenly it comes down to foxes and its a huge deal, when it never was before.

This new fox lineart is a huge hit or miss. I like some of the designs, I don't like others. It's a strange lineart in the way that some colors and designs just... Don't work for it.
It's like some cars don't look good in some colors.
It's different for everybody.
Is it that hard to understand?
hi im a dog artist

art-for-pets shop!Trade Thread ♥️
~sekii♥rei~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumn Rain » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:43 am

Nobody even said that ^ lolol. My only point was that it's one thing to dislike a species, and it's another to publicly point out everything you hate about a piece of art, pet or not. If I were the artist, I'd be very upset. :] No idea where the aggression is coming from.

I can understand being upset about change. Some artists' styles appeal to people more than others, and there's nothing wrong with that. But my point still stands.
Autumn Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~sekii♥rei~ » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:48 am

If you'd read the thread - even the last like, 6-7 pages, it has been said. Many times. I'd go back and quote if I wasn't on mobile. The people here are saying they dislike the foxes and the remakes and are being accused of hating on the artist. Someone was saying they could have at lease modified the designs a bit to match -- like longer tail, tufts or head fur -- and they were accused of bashing the lines and the artist. That's the issue.
hi im a dog artist

art-for-pets shop!Trade Thread ♥️
~sekii♥rei~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gothic knight » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:52 am

Synge-Zinc wrote:Just an fyi -to the people who are saying that the people who dislike the new Shima foxes are not allowed to have an opinion and should not disrespect the art, it's rather unfair.
Considering a majority of CS users(yes, including me) don't really care for rats at all and don't want them, and I've never seen any controversy about that. That people say on their trade rules they don't want any specific kinds of pets.
I personally love rats. I love the rat plushies too. But I just don't like the rat lineart.
But suddenly it comes down to foxes and its a huge deal, when it never was before.

This new fox lineart is a huge hit or miss. I like some of the designs, I don't like others. It's a strange lineart in the way that some colors and designs just... Don't work for it.
It's like some cars don't look good in some colors.
It's different for everybody.
Is it that hard to understand?

the difference between people disliking the rats and people disliking the foxes is that the people who dislike the rats aren't asking for a new lineart or for designs to be redone. it's perfectly fine to dislike the foxes. nobody is going to like everything, that's a given. it becomes a problem when people are constantly bugging the staff to re-do the foxes again. they have other things to do. the foxes are perfectly fine. if you don't like them, don't collect them. it's as simple as that. it's entirely unfair to ask for a new lineart for four foxes. sure, they could edit the current lines, but why edit the foxes over again?
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
┌───────────────────────┐

call me fhey
i don't know what to put here
currently very obsessed with fnaf and ff14 raiding
x
ultimate legend btw

trades | fflogs | husband | ©
x

└───────────────────────┘
┌─┐

└─┘
gothic knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marina. » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:55 am

Here are the old linearts: Image , 2nd stage: I could only find THIS, but it looks like it IRL Image
Couldn't find 1st stage, sorry!
marina.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me