Global Moderators - Awaiting selection.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Applications open

Postby Tammanae » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:43 am

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
    January 20, 2009.
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
    Yes I am.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    I connect on a daily basis
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    Probably over 5 hours a day.
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    Forums are no longer in existence, so to all effects I suppose not. ^^'
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I have had some experience in moderating before, and I always enjoyed lending a helping hand. I spend quite a bit of time on CS a day, and I have been a member for a good 2 years now, making me very familiar with the rules of the site. In my previous moderating experiences I learned to deal with younger member's tantrums and helping members to the extent of my abilities, something I would like to be able to do here as well. ^^
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    My first language is Spanish, but I am very fluent in English, so I can communicate with either language speaker with ease. I have also had plenty of experience with trolls in the past, so I have learned how to handle situations like those.
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotty » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:18 am

APPLICATION

• What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
    01 Dec 2008
  • How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  • Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
    I'm over the age limit and not easily offended by adult content.
  • How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Seven.
  • How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    About four on weekdays and six on weekends.
  • Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    No, I have not.
  • Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I recently became a general helper, and I have very much enjoyed it so far, the position fits me like a glove. But I get lots of requests for help that I just can't help with because there isn't enough I can do and I feel that I would be able to help out more and be more useful if I was a mod. I have a wish to join the CS crew as a real member of the staff. I know that you probably don't want to loose your new helpers so soon but I couldn't resist applying^^'. I'm really very happy as a GH, it's the best thing that has happened to me here so far, so if you rather keep me in the position I'm in (or if you think I make a better helper than mod) I completely understand that, I really don't mind since I love being a GH.
  • Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    I have some experience from my time as a GH, I don't know how much that helps but I get to meet lots of people with questions.
    I don't know if you count this as a skill per se, but I live in the GMT+1 timezone which I is think one of the timezones with lower mod activity, so perhaps it could help evening out the activity during the day.
    My first language is Swedish (I doubt I'll ever need to use that skill here), but I'm also fluent in English.
    I have quite a keen eye for spotting art theft.
    I adapt to new duties quickly and I'm a fast learner who enjoys a challenge.
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tru » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
October 4, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes I am over 18 and I am perfectly comfortable with seeing adult content should I need to.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Everyday
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
3-10, normally if I am home I have a tab opened to CS and I check in quite often.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have, but sadly they are no longer available as the site was shut down.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I have loved CS since I joined 3 years ago this past Tuesday. I want to be so much more to this community. I would love to help and assist in making this site better in any way I can. I would love the opportunity if given the chance.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have been a tutor for man years now and love to help my fellow students in any way I possibly can. I can speak a little Spanish and I am in the process of learning French as well. I would really love a chance to help our community.
Tru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fishiey » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:50 am

APPLICATON

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Mon Sep 22, 2008
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I am over 18, and am comfortable dealing with adult situations
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit everday.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Between 1.5 and 5 hours, depending if its the weekend or not.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No I have not moderated before.
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I love Chicken smoothie, it's the only website that I have stayed true to. I really want to get more involved with it and improve myself as well as keep chicken smoothie a safe, child-friendly place. I have seen too many people quit due to bully's and rudeness, I myself have be on the reciving end of some and I would like to see that this doesn't happen again, to anyone. I want to start showing people that chicken smoothie can be wonderful, and that I can help if they need me.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I am very patient and kind, even when I am abused and insulted. I can handle the worst people in the best way. I've taken care of children since I was 15, I was given all the responsibility's of the adults around me. I am always cheerful and ready to help.
I guess the main skills I can bring are my abilities to calmly and patiently deal with both younger children and the rudeness.
Image[br]Come join us at the dog game of the century, Alacrity!
Offering starting out packs on Alacrity - plus Random CS pets/items will be given prizes if you join and message me your user name on there. (I will message all new referals so please make sure you add 6081 or else I wont know you have joined.)
fishiey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby little things. » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:14 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Febuary 18 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 8,451
3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: About everyday
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: About 4 hours
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No,but I'd like to
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:TO help CS being a child-friendly website
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I know other languages,so I can translate the words.
Won't be on for a while. I'm getting my laptop fixed..
little things.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:23 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: August 1st, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1601

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yep. Bring it!

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Almost everyday.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-5+ hours; I spend most of my time on the computer drawing, with CS almost always open in the background.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? no, nothing significant.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have a large chunk of free time since I started free-lancing rather than working in a studio. Working at home, I get to have CS open any time I want, all the time. CS is a really interesting site to me, since it's sort of an off-shoot from my childhood hobby of Petz (I'm sure Tess and Nick know!). Petz and CS are the only two sites I visit on a regular basis. I would love to contribute creatively to CS, but since there's already enough artists, I'd take any open job. I just want to be useful, in some way, to something I really get a lot out of. I've already collected all the pets, but there's something here that's always drawing me back. It's just such a neat little community, based on everyone's mutual interest in pixel art and collecting; my kind of crowd.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I don't get bothered by much, but I also don't put up with nonsense. I'd enforce the rules kindly but firmly. I can see things from both sides of an argument, and I always try to be understanding. Above all, I'll always put it into the perspective that "it's just a game"--everyone's here to have fun, I'm not the older teacher with a long ruler to smack people, I'm just a fellow player (only with a rulebook!).
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:40 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Aug 15, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum:
5050 as of 10/8/11

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I log on multiple times of the day, each day of the week. When I am on vacation this might change a bit. Even so I usually log on to my iPod to check up on things.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Usually 4-5 hours, depending on the day. Usually these are hour-long sessions that I spread throughout the day. If there is really nothing that is happening that particular day, the time might be less. However I can be found lurking the forums for an unusually long amount of time.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have moderated several of threads over my years of being a part of CS. Most of them are log gone, and none are really worth noting anyhow. I would have to say it was a bit of a challenge moderating my old thread called Northern Stars. This is the largest thread I've owned/moderated. I think it gave me a lot of necessary experience in Moderation. I also moderate and own the Minecraft Army.

Here are links to some other older, inactive websites and threads:
{x}{x}{x}{x}
I also moderate a server on Minecraft. It is extremely busy and I've had to use quick instinct to solve problems. I used to moderate around two or three, but due to a poor Minecraft server connection I only moderate one currently.

Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Well, I've always had a drive to make a difference in the CS community, especially if it's helping people out or mini-modding threads and reporting posts that break the rules or are inappropriate for the CS community. As I stated earlier, I spend a lot of my time hanging around the forums. Just recently I have actually been revolving a lot of my time around the General Chat and CS Chat sections. To put it simply, I can be found anywhere. I have a very good understanding at what the rules are on CS. Even though there have been issues in the past, all of them are resolved. On top of this I also want to prevent spam in the forums as well as irrelevant posts. I also have helped many members both new and old with problems or questions. Overall, I want to be a moderator for the good of the community.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
To start, I've also been told I have a knack for keeping things in line, and I think that this would be of use in this position. I can be very serious, and intimidating when I need to be. I have equal respect for all members, and can handle situations with little to no problem. I also know a bit of Spanish, which would help me in case someone who cannot speak English asks me a question or needs help. I am extremely mature and level-headed. I take things very seriously when I have to. But I am still a friendly and normal person. I am also respectful of other members and generally don't get in fights. I will never start an argument or add oil to a fire that's already burning. (Metaphorically, of course). Overall, I'm a kind person and can tolerate thefts, spam, inappropriate images, and everything else the job entails.
Last edited by Shy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaksha. » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:17 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
February 27

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts?
Yes, I am.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Usually 5 days a week, unless I've got homework

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Usually 2 to 5 hours

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
Last Resort and several roleplays and Usermade-art threads. .

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I'm not going to lie. I am doing this so I can help the younger members of CS and partly for myself, so I can feel better about helping people, since I'm going into customer service.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediatin?).
The fun cheeriness of a carefree, easy to talk to person who loves to help people and is always calm.
Last edited by yaksha. on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
koa ♡ adult ♡ nb
genshin ♡ kpop ♡ vrchat
kyusnippy
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamanaka Shin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:34 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 21444

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am over the age minimum and quite willing to risk viewing adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually on average about 3 to 5 hours, sometimes more.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No, except a few Xat chats.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? CS is an ever-expanding realm of enjoyable content and hospitable users. It has much to offer people of a wide range of ages. Sometimes it has it's negative moments where an issue arises, but that is the minority of the time. I've been here since early 2009 and have enjoyed every second since I first debuted as Rokubi. Now I'm ~Vizard~ and my enjoyment of this site has only increased. The current moderators do a fabulous job but the expanding CS populous creates a strain on them. I'd be grateful to join the team and assist them in their task of keeping this site as great as it has always been. Keeping the peace and order would be an enjoyable mission that will never be boring. A mod's job really has no start or end point. That's just fine with me. Being on-call every minute I'm on CS is something I am willingly able to handle. It is for the good of our fantastical community. A few duties I eagerly will tackle:

-Spam reduction, deletion, and moderation
-Settling user-to-user and multiple-user spats in an orderly fashion
-Deleting PG-13+ content that goes against CS policy
-Scanning the forums for unacceptable posts and content (signatures, avatars, etc)
-Answering complaints from users having trouble with something important
-Promoting our ever-welcoming environment as it has always been
-Working with other mods to settle issues
-Relocating topics/posts to their proper places
-Locking duplicate threads, against-the-rules threads, full threads, and argument-pit threads
-Anything else asked of me

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Sorry, not really.
Yamanaka Shin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Just to let you guys know, we can check and see if you are lying about your age... There were a few already saying they were over 18 and they are not. Please don't lie to us about this.

To those who are saying they have put a 'fake' birthdate - we go by what's on your account.

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me