Oekaki Moderator - Applications closed.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Oekaki Moderator - job applications now open!

Postby .kestral » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 pm

We have chosen to do two seperate applications and will both post them on this post, we know the fact that we share an account and are two rather different people can work against us and even though it might not work for you if only one of us was picked the other would be willing to avoid going near any of the moderator controls ect.

APPLICATON - Kestral
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    November 1st 2009
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    I'm on CS everyday so 7.
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    I am on for at least five hours on Saturdays and weekdays when its not the holidays. I am on pretty much all day Sundays during school time. On the holidays though I am generally on and off most of the day (maybe 11 hours?) everyday except Saturdays.
  5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    I did once, on a roleplaying forum that died a while back. Normally I wouldn't consider going for such a position considering my lack of experiance but the only way to gain experiance is to do the job.
  6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    I use the editible Oekaki more, I don't have much faith in my drawing skills and I admit I get embarissed showing my art. But I think this may help me in this job as if someone were insulting someone else's work I would do what I could to make that person feel better as well as bestowing the appropriate punishment on the other person/people.
  7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    Yes, I go on at least twice a day for about an hour each time even if I don't post. I love seeing the art that has been done by some of our more well known artists as well as admiring the art made by our less talented artists. I love seeing people make an effort even if they believe they aren't any good.
  8. Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    I admit my main reason for this is slightly selfish, I have wanted to be a moderator on a website that doesn't die for a while and I sometimes feel that people with less experiance don't get as many chances as others. But I also feel that the only way to gain experiance is to do the job and yet most people won't give beginners a chance. I admit I may have to ask for help some of the time, but I am sure everyone does at one point or another. My second reason is because I love this website, I have been a member of this website longer than I have been on any other website and I don't feel like I have ever given anything back. I would love a chance to help other people, a large part of me seems to like helping other people over helping myself.
  9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
    I am currently in collage and through both school and collage I have been asked to work with younger people, I used to work with a youth group that funded other youth projects and through that and school I have gained more confidence. I also gained skills in talking to both young and older people as well as people who have learning difficulties and other things that may set them back from others.

APPLICATON - Leo
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    My sister registered November 1st 2009, I joined her on her account on Apr 19 2010, previous to this I had an accoutn under the name Leobreaker12. But CS had become more about the forums than the pets for me so I admit I quit and had my account deleted. A while later Kestral invited me to join her and said she loved the pets and the forums and she knew I missed some people I used to chat to on here and so we joined up (with permission).
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    6766, I am not sure how many of these are mine and how many are Kess's so I apologise that the number isn't accurate.
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    I am normally with my sister when she is online and we alternate with who posts depending on what its about so I would say seven.
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    Please see Kestral's application, I am essentially always online when she is, and she is usually online when I am. When we say its Kestral&Leo we mean it. We go on this website together and make all decisions together.
  5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    Like Kestral I was on the wolf roleplay website that we moderated. We were under my old username (leobreaker12) and I am not sure if the owner was aware that there were two of us but we split the job as much as we could.
  6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    I cannot actually sue the oekaki (the actual tools and stuff) I get extremely confused with what does what and so I have only done a few colourings on it (mostly breedings for the Breeding Centre thread).
  7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    I prefer to browse the Oekaki than actually use it. I love seeing people develop there skills and show how they have improved. I also love seeing someone post a piece of art and be really proud of it. So yes I go on there just to look quite a lot.
  8. Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    I woudl like to be an Oekaki moderator for CS because I think I would be good at it if I am honest. I am a patient person and I can control myself and say what should be said instead of what I want to say in some situations. I think Kess would most likely do a better job at it than me but I would try my best to help anyone who needed it.
  9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
    Like my sister I did youth work a few years ago and through that I got to meet all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds and learned how to speak to all of them in a way they could udnerstand. I think this would help me in this job.
Having serious issues viewing dark colours at the moment. May delay replys to pms. Sorry.

The Leopard Pups
Grey, Black and White. The world revolves and we go with it. Twisting in this everlasting monotony, eyes of green and gold, watching and waiting for our chance, our time. Cytor, Liliana, Serenade, Bayonet, the Prankster, the sweet one, the mother and the lost soul. There birth was a lost event, one in a million, two wandering souls met in the shadows, and these four were created. There pups are the stuff of legend, one lost there sight, one lost there path, one lost there love and the other? The other lost his family, everyone they cared about. He lost his family.
.kestral

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Acidic » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:51 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) 14th November, 2009 (Got another account, The other got banned but that happened a long time ago and Nick said everything's okay as long as I follow the rules from that date forward)
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) More than 300 (Including the other account's posts)
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Wow. Every single day!!! Except when school gets in the way.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Most of the day. Weekdays from 4:00pm-9:00pm Weekends from 9:00am-23:00pm
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Yes, I have done a couple adoption centres but I can't remember.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? YES. :3
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yup.
8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I really think I can deal with art theft, spam and everything that we have problems with.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Can't think.
Acidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby juni.purrs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:29 pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 7964, then this post will be the 7965th post.

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?; Everyday if I can, but I still have school and then I sometimes babysit for my sisters over the weekends.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?; Umm, well somewhere around the range of 2-4 hours. Possibly more if I can.

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them; I am so very positive I have moderated on a few sites, but they didn't get a great start and began to die off. :/

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?; Oh yeah, I love to use to CS oekaki to draw and color. <33 The linearts in the editable oekaki are all just awesome.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?; Yup, a bunch, actually. And it really bugs me when I find an oekaki in the wrong category. >< I don't know what gets me so hyped up about it, but it really, honestly, bugs me.

8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?; Well, I personally want to be an oekaki moderator for CS because I love to help out, and I am sure there will be extra helping hands needed for the oekaki- mostly because of art theft and contests that aren't meant to be posted in the CS oekaki contest board. Also, it's been- and will be if I am not fortunate enough to get a spot on this staff position- a CSian-life-long dream of mine to help out CS officially.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position; Currently, only my urge to have the oekakis in the correct board would really be it. ^^'
Last edited by juni.purrs on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
[/quote="My DragCave Eggs"]
links here
Anyone who could spare the time
to click these babies, it would be
greatly appreciated! <3
[/quote]

a t s

In ancient times,
cats were worshipped as gods;
they have not forgotten this.

>> aka: Mila_Juniper; Blaise
juni.purrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:58 pm

APPLICATION
What date did you register as a CS member?:
September 26th 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
6666 :O . . .

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every single day :)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Lately its not been quite 12 hours, and can vary, but I am on CS for well over 2 hours a day :)

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Yes but their no longer active, or on hiatus. I am familiar with the moderation system here on CS though :)

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Sure have ^_^

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I usually check through the boards for a bit, seeing what people have drawn, keeping tabs on editables I can colour later. Stuff like that :)

Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I am an active member of the art community here on CS, and have been for a long time and I find it relaxing to spoil myself by seeing all the amazing artwork on CS, day in and day out. I love the oekaki, and while I am extremely hard on myself when it comes to my own artwork, I am just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of awesome pieces that get posted to CS daily. It would be an amazing privilege to be able to be someone who other artists can look to when needing help on using the oekaki. I also get along well in teams, and CS has an amazing art team that I know I can work with and enjoy.

I honestly do like to help people, and being a moderator would enable me to keep CS safe and clean, as well as being able to help people in the right direction. I devote much time and energy to CS already and being a moderator helps me to help CS in so many different ways. It would be a new challenge, an awesome and amazing experience and I wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to better the site I spend every spare moment on.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
My experience in dealing with pre-teen's and teenagers, as well as angry adults has always helped me here on CS, as well as in real life situations. I know I can deal with any harsh attitude directed at me with a cool and level head. Unfortunately I don't know any foreign languages but I am familiar with chibi paint and the in's and out's of CS and its many boards...
Last edited by Chry on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apocolyptic Chaos » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)Sat. July. 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)5877
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?every day no matter what inless we are on vacation witch is rare i haven't been on one in three years or if my internet is down witch don't happen alot at all
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? any where from 4 hours to 6 hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them well rps but i have done so many of those i can't post them all
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? oh yes i do at lest one oekaki a day
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? oh yes all the time
Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? well i have seen lots of fighting and bullying in the forms art theft and lots more i have seen copying and steeling and things that was not apropate and i have always posted to rules nicly while others say "This is not right deleate it now looser " I would always say the rules nicely and show them what was wrong and what was right and i have never ever been rude and i beleve in helping people out ever since i joined i know lots about CS and i help out any time i can
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)well i have had many questions from users and they have figured CS out because of me i know every thing about teh oekeki and i have showed tons of useres how to use it and then have because of me
Apocolyptic Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavapony » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 am

Question:Do you have to be a certain age to apply?(real age not when you started)
ImageImageImage

One of the boys I love....noona so yeppo...
Lavapony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:24 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 17th, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5,288

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I am on every day unless I have a vacation, or an all-day event

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On the weekends about 6-7, though it depends. During school days, about 2 or 3.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No, though I am quite familiar with moderating. I have moderated numerous threads on Chickensmoothie

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yup, though I'm not very good

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I usually browse through the beginners, intermediate, and editable oekaki forums many times every day just to see new art, and comment on ones I really like. c:

Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I believe that I am fit for the job. Many times, and on many different sites, I have caught art theft. I have a bit of a photographic memory [ said by my doctor ], so when scanning through the oekaki, I can easily remember the drawing, and by whom it was drawn by. I handle problems maturely, and know how to take care of them quickly. I am not one to hold grudges, though I am not one to forget. If there is a conflict, I will view both sides of situation, and then take action from there if needed. I would never abuse my powers, and never apply just to have a different colored name. I know moderating is an important job and needs to be taken seriously.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
During my past year of school, we learned a bit of peer mediation, which I learned I am quite good at.
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken angel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: well my account broken angel i started in late may but i had a account before that but some times i froze really bad some time (not the computer) and i made this one so i have been on about 7months
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 8745
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? everyday and even on vacations i beg to get on and do X3
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? on weekdays 2 hours in the morning and 6 at night and on weekends i get on mostly till 6am to 12pm
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? no
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? i do a lot
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? thats what i do everyday its so fun
8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? because iv seen some really bad post on the oekaki that are making fun of there drawing and a lot of blood in some pictures wich are bad to little kids wich would be my cousin who leans over my shoulder
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
ok guys so i have quit roleplaying on threads
( i do it by pm now :3) and drawing on
the oekaki BUT i will still be
making
my dateer adopts
(and doing color ins and just random
sketches ) but that is all
and
those will be
the
only things i check (that and pms)
and plus you can send a tra
de wanting my pets thats fine~

◕3◕ *puppy eyes*ImageImage
broken angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dolphinlover~ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 31, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum 3,070
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday (if not too much homework but even then I go on for a little bit)
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? If there is no school 3 hours at the least, and during school probably 2 hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes: Click and I mod at my own art shops and clubs :3
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? YES many times, my gallary is stock full of the stuff I color in editable oekaki.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I love looking through the oekaki board, especially the editable oekaki.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Well I just really want to be able to help CS out in anyway possible, because you guys have done so much for us I would love this position - as a way to say 'thank you' for all of your hard work. I also spend a lot of time coloring things in from the editble oekaki so I know how it works. I would also love to help people - artist to artist.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I am very calm and know how to control myself. I can be reasonable in tough situasions and not be biased.
~Hᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ Bᴏʟᴅ~
Mᴜʟʟɪɢᴀɴ

♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥
♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥

Mulligan, you make my world go round and I can't stand to see you go.
I'm going to miss you like crazy and I love you to pieces.
You are the love of my life and will always occupy a huge portion of my heart.
I want you to know how much I love you, and our 6 months together have been the best 6 months of my life.
You have been a dream come true and I have been on cloud nine since we first met.
I will never forgot all of the amazing times we've had together.
Enjoy your new home and promise me this, that you will never forget me, as I will never forget you.
Dolphinlover~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~NeverForgetAnimals~ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Apirl 15th 2011. It will b 6 months in setember so i think im close enough
2.How many posts have you made in the forum:
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Almost everday if not everyday
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I usually stay on for quite a while. I may have some other thing open but cs is always one of them
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before
?No im sorry
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes. I have some thing in my gallery. I mean im not amazing but i do draw in okaki.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
All the time. I love just looking at the art.
8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I want to be an okaki moderator for cs because I hate art theft and love to help people. I am pretty good at resolving things. I know you may not want me because I just pass both the number of posts and my date but I just want you to know that I love to help and I think I could be a good okaki moderator.
PS congrats leurai. I think its awesome you an offical artist now. Cant wait to see some pets!!
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Yes I do. I was a peer mediator when I was in elementary, I am babysitter and have yougner sibling (5 and 10) so I know how to resolve things. I am now im high school and am usually pretty good at resolving little squabbles between my frineds but that doesnt happen often. Also I hate art theft. I think its really unfair that someone is getting credit where they dont deserve it.
Last edited by ~NeverForgetAnimals~ on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Δиιмαℓƨ αяɛ ℓιʌιиɢ
Ƭнɛʏ αяɛ ɛʌɛяʏтнιиɢ
Ħσω cσʋℓ∂ ʏσʋ ƨαʏ ʏσʋ нαʌɛ ωσи
Ɩғ αℓℓ ʏσʋ ∂ι∂ ωαƨ нʋят σиɛ.
Иɛɢℓɛcт, αвʋƨɛ αи∂ ραιи.
Ħσω cσʋℓ∂ ρɛσρℓɛ вɛ ƨσ ʌαιи.
Δℓℓ тнɛʏ ∂σ ιƨ ɢιʌɛ ʋƨ ℓσʌɛ
Ƴɛт ρɛσρℓɛ ɢιʌɛ тнɛм α ƨнσʌɛ
Ɯнɛи ρɛσρℓɛ вʋʏ ғяσм ρʋρρʏ мιℓℓƨ
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨɛи∂ιиɢ α ƨтяαʏ σʋт σи тнɛ нιℓℓƨ
Ƨσ αℓℓ тнαт ι нαʌɛ ℓɛғт тσ ƨαʏ