General Helper Applications - now closed. Pending selection

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for General Helpers!

Postby dasniu » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:31 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Nov 27, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Everyday, unless I'm on vacation :)
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
6 hours+ unless I'm vacation or out of the house.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I've always been somewhat of a problem solver. I'm also very mature, but I can be silly at appropriate times. I'm a very organized person and I love to help others. I don't angry easily either, and I'm very patient.

I know CS like the back of my hand, same with BBCode.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?:
I really enjoy helping people, it's very rewarding knowing that you helped a person with something. I also think it would be a good thing for me to do. I really need the socialization that I will get from this job.

Thanks for reading this C:
Last edited by dasniu on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dasniu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xChry. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:32 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 2nd, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 10159
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: At least 4-5 :3
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: At least 2-3 (if I'm in a Good Mood, like 5 hours.)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?): I already answer alot of questions and such on the Suggestions and Problems boards, and some people do sometimes Pm me for help. I have become very friendy, and am willing to help anybody. If someone gets mad and yells or something, i would rather talk to them and calm then down, telling them whats right to do, and stuff. I want to be able to help people more around the forums and such.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I love helping others. I want to become more apart of the CS community, and I want to help others with their problems, and needs. I'd be more than happy to help anyone in the world on Cs. I will start posting more on Introductions Page, and the Problems and Suggestions page. I know alot about Cs, and from my past, I basically know all of the Cs rules. I really want to become more of a member for Cs, and help people on here, it'd be my dream to. ^^
Barrel racer, cutter, and roper!
All things horse and God <3
xChry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby omori » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:37 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
November 7, 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum?:

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Seven, of course. x3

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
It varies; since it's summer vacation, so I've been staying up really late on CS (a day's total is around eight hours); with school I'm usually on for four to five or so hours. ^^

5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I do sometimes visit the Problems & Suggestions board, but the staff usually answers questions I can answer before me. x) I was a peer mediator in school for a few years, and I settled some arguments there. A few teachers & my school counselor at my old school have recommended I go to college for a school counselor, and my Career Aptitude Test gave me counselor as my job. :3

6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?:
I think that the concept of a General Helper is pretty cool; I mean, to have a group of people on this site especially for helping others? It's hard to find something like that on another forum, and I'd love to be one of the people who can be known for that: just helping out others around the community. I would definitely try my hardest to give newbies and older members alike the help they need. Nobody likes to be confused or upset, and I for sure don't like seeing it!
I think that General Helpers should be satisfied enough with just being able to be easily found to help others, so it doesn't bother me that if I were chosen for this position, only my username color would change. I'm just so happy to get this opportunity; so thanks, Tess & staff! ^^

[ waiting for something to happen? ]
omori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluish » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:41 pm

October 8th, 2010.

Exactly 2990 (2991 if you count this one).

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Everyday, unless I'm unable to access internet/a computer.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
About a half hour in the morning, and then 4-5 hours after school. On weekends, around 6+ hours.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
Well, I don't have a short temper for one - I try to be patient and I can explain thing multiple times for someone who doesn't understand. I speak a small amount of Japanese, but I don't think I speak enough to help anyone. My friends tell me I'm great with listening to their problems and coming up with solutions, and if I can't, I stand beside them in their time of need. I don't know a whole lot about trading. I know about the more recent pets (from 2009 upwards) but I can't really help with the value of the 2008 pets, they change too much for me to understand. I can give a maybe-ish sort of answer on rarities, but not a definite rock solid answer. I'd say I would answer the common question every now and then, but usually only if I'm at least 80% sure of the answer. If I get it wrong though, I say sorry and store the proper answer in my memory for any other people who ask the question again.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I think it's a great idea to have someone that will look out for the new members (well, members in general) and I'm sure the people appreciate it. I would love to be one of the General Helpers because I love the good feeling I get after helping others and they're better off too. I'm sure everyone here knows what it's like to be the new kid, the one who doesn't know anything. For some people, it can feel bad to have to ask questions about everything. I'd do anything in my knowledge to make them stop feeling bad and make sure they know their way around the site. It's important that members enjoy their first time because, like people say, first impressions are everything. If they don't enjoy it, they probably won't come back and that's not good. These are a few examples of why I would like to be a General Helper.
Thank you.
Last edited by Bluish on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ and I will take what is mine, with fire and blood ~
Bluish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wᴏʟғᴀᴛᴏɴɪx » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:42 pm

July 18, 2010

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Everyday, unless im going away for a while

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
About 4-5 hours a day at diffrent times

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required):
I do awnser some questions, but im mostly busy now. But i do my very best.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?:
Well, i like helping others, and when im upset, i know what to do, which is to go and solve questions for others. I have many experiances with the new members, such as helping them around, and how to do stuff. I normally will gift the their first rare, or very rare, depends on if i have alot or not to give out. I will sometimes give them advice of what to do, and not to do in the forms fro getting into any trouble with the other members. Helping others makes me feel happy, its what i do best. And besides, helping people makes me learn things myself, i take what i learned fro people, into teaching others what I learned!
Thanks so much, Tessa, and others!
    wolfatonixxxxxxxxxx * you're gonna have a bad time.
    ╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾╾
SoverdAoneXone ⇣ chars ⌡
hello i'm wolfatonix.
i'm known mostly as rory.
i enjoy drawing, writing, and procrastinating.
i'm undertale trash, obviously
wolgron gif created by the wonderful sover ♥
Wᴏʟғᴀᴛᴏɴɪx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IQUITCSforeva » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:44 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:11 pm

This is the time, day, and year I joined.

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

1721 posts in all. (I don't have much because when I joined in 2010 I didn't know this so I wasn't on it but like once a month (lol)

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

I am on CS almost everyday. Sometimes I have family over or I can't get on computer. So, mostly everyday.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

It depends. I'm one everyday and I stay on between these times ( more than 2 hours) 10:00 a.m. - 1 p.m..

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)

I'm a very friendly, fun, talkative, cool, nice person (Funny to lol ). I like to help people as much as I can because I can't stand it when people are confused or need help. I've always wanted to help people and this is a good way to. Sometimes I help people with trades when they need it. Like when you want to set up trade settings I tell them to click the trade button up in the left corner . Then when you get to the trade page click ' Trade Settings'. From there you can just type up rules that you want to be followed.

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?

Well, I always like helping people. I can't do much but I try. I do read the rules and I am calm when called a name or when they don't listen.

Thanks,

Chevelle000

(Just to tell ya, I REALLY like drawing on Oekaki.)
Chevelle's Bulletin Board: wrote:
Free rare give away! Come take a look!
Clicky here, you could win the rare :3

Pet's name: Mr. Mustachio
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Lol xD Do you see his Mustache?

Chevelle000
IQUITCSforeva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Skylar The Plant* » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Fri Dec 05, 2008
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 18080
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Seven days a week c:
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Umm, usually eight plus, but if I'm not on CS I usually have it open in another tab.
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I'm a rather advanced roleplayer and am part of a few roleplay threads. I speak semi-fleuant German and know quite a lot about trading, adopting and editing profile's and the like.
I like to answer questions and like to help others as well. I'm quite good at solving arguments and things like that. I hate seeing fights.
I'm an artist so I could help anyone in need of help of art sort of things, like what programs to use and tools and things. I don't use Oekaki much, but when I have tried it out, I may have been able to help out.
I could be able to help in writing as well, with critiques and all :'D
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper? I'd love to help people more than I already do!
I think the concept of having a group of people help others is really nice. I'd try my hardest to help, as I don't like to see people in need of help and not being able to get any :c
I'd love to welcome all the new people onto CS as well, as I think that would be really nice. And I defiently would like trying to help people on the forums.

<3
Last edited by *Skylar The Plant* on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Contemporary artist, majoring in painting and sculpture.
You can check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/sky.l.art/

*Skylar The Plant*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gone jelly fishing! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:46 pm

i've been on for about 5 months and know alot about chicken smoothie. could you make an acception? you can give me a test or something and about the posts i try not to post to much because it slows down my cmputer i would have 300 posts if it did not slow me down;)
odessadog
i love glitter-graphics.com
gone jelly fishing!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Sorry but you need more then 300 posts and you need to be older than 8 months.
★彡 《 adult || digital artist
Cane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:49 pm

odessadog wrote:i've been on for about 5 months and know alot about chicken smoothie. could you make an acception? you can give me a test or something and about the posts i try not to post to much because it slows down my cmputer i would have 300 posts if it did not slow me down;)
odessadog

Tess wrote: Please DO NOT APPLY if you...
...have been a member for less than 8 months - we want people who know a lot about how the site runs and what kind of things happened in the past, and new players just don't have that kind of knowledge, sorry.

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

If it's up there in writing there is not likely to be an exception. You can always try again next time when you've been around longer and know more.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me