Roleplay Moderators - CLOSED - now chosen

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Sharubii » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:59 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: March 29, 2010
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2791 including this one.
  3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, I am.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Seven.
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Upon average, about eight hours.
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Yes, but most of them have been deleted. I do own and run a general "chatting" site, though -- Retreat. Spleafnet has been down for a little while though, due to a server crash, so all the members go on our Cbox, where I can also moderate what goes on.
  7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. Yes, I've roleplayed on countless pet sites such as Aywas and Wajas before, and even joined a few roleplay sites besides. There was one roleplay site, called Bolvangar, I practically lived in some years before, but after the site became inactive and Acornrack (the site's host) got bought out by Spleafnet and the admins of the site didn't transfer over URLs, that site too got deleted. I believe that most of my roleplaying is conducted on Spleafnet (formerly known as Acornrack), where most of the sites that it hosts is focused on roleplaying.
  8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, plenty.
  9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? It's always been a favorite hobby of mine to roleplay when I have spare time and don't feel like reading or playing games, and I would be very much thrilled if I were given the opportunity to help make other members' roleplaying experience better and -- more importantly -- safer. I enjoy reading and seeing how different people use different characters, so reading walls of text to help moderate the content in the boards won't be a problem for me at all. I also have plenty of suggestions and budding ideas for the roleplay boards, since I do agree that it is rather messy at the moment and would love for it to be improved so that less people get frustrated when trying to find a roleplay to join.
  10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I've had experience running (or helping to run) roleplay sites, though most of them invariably died after a couple months, haha. I'm also patient and do my best to not take sides during a fight -- this skill of mine has been developed over the course of my chatroom's life (over a year now), as fights did tend to break out here and there. I don't place judgment down on any one person unless I know for sure (or am very close to knowing for sure) what happened and who did what. This includes knowing both sides of the story before I form an opinion. I also have no problems warning/reprimanding/referring (to people able to ban) good friends if they have broken the rules. Also, having been the owner of countless roleplay threads during my "roleplay life", I feel that I have a good understanding of how a roleplay should be run, and what fairness as opposed to things like playing favorites is.
Image Image Image Image
" i have everything to be optimistic about! "

Sharubii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A.Contradictory.Sort » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:49 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:22 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3,542.
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, I am. :3
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At the least 4 hours a day, most of the time many more.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have(RP forums actually.) However most of them are dead now, :(
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I have been in many RP forums besides CS, they are all dead now, ;___;
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, several 1X1's and tried to participate in one group roleplay.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Because I enjoy keeping this place clean, safe, and enjoyable for everyone. <3
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I am studying to be a psychologist so I am very good at diffusing difficult situations. Also, I have indeed run my own roleplay sites several of them, in the past. I'm a very skilled roleplayer, ^^ I also have tons of patience for anyone who might have trouble navigating the boards, but I can definitely be tough should someone need to be reprimanded, ^^

Image Image
"yer a lesbian, harry"

A.Contradictory.Sort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MiniHorse » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:08 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
October 26, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
6600 posts (Not including this one)

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.)
Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit everyday. (Might not be on if I'm going somewhere, like if I'm on an airplane or something)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I spend about 2 hours each day, I've never counted though. If I don't have time, I might come on for about 15 minutes or so, but I'll always come on at least once or twice.

On weekends, I can stay on for 15 hours if needed.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have, but they're all dead.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
Yes, I have. I RP on (almost) every site I go on.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, I have. I remember one time, I joined 4 RPs, and everybody in each RP was on x3

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?1
I want to become a RP mod for maaaaany reasons. One of which is to help CS out and keep it nice and clean. I would like to help because CS has a large community and it's going to be hard to take care of. I know it's a hard job but I would like to become a mod. I'm willing to face any hardships when it comes to moderating and will be on at least 2 hours everyday.

Another reason why I want to become a roleplay mod is because the roleplays helped me. It actually helped me gain a better vocabulary and helped me in my grammar (I used to say broken sentences xD). Because CS has helped me a lot, I think it's my turn to help CS :)

Being a roleplay mod will help me in many other areas too. It will help me when it comes to art. If I get this job, over time, I will be able to tell if someone used art that isn't theres in the Rp board with ease.

Ever since I started playing CS, I started roleplaying. And CS introduced me to it. Now, I RP on many sites thanks to CS <3

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I have been and owned a roleplay site before but they are both dead. I have roleplayed a lot ever since I started CS, I know how roleplays works and the rules on roleplaying.
Last edited by MiniHorse on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly HorseOfBlack19 (or horseofblack19)

ImageImage
MiniHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowWolf~ » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:14 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: about 9 months ago
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): more than 1000
3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.) yes
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day if i get a chance
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? usally 2-6
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Yes but a very long time ago.....
8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes
9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Roleplaying can be fun but Sometimes people need to stay on track and focus on the rules they must follow so I wish to help them and notify them if there is a problem, so roleplaying can be fun enjoyable and safe for whoever wants to Rp.
10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? Um.. not at the moment.... but I do have my own website and a very popular account on another website that seems to me that is great experince.
Not as active due to work - On for commissions - PMs will be answered at a later time - Thanks.
...PrinceHoundsStarWarsHindogesXFAQWeasylArtShopPlayStation.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
ShadowWolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) March 14, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 5483
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.) Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 5
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them http://luckydesserts.freeforums.org/portal.php I'm an RP mod there
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. No
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I would love to have a very constructive way to spend my time here. I love this website, and want to do what I can to help. I have enjoyed roleplays since I began to post on the forum, so for well over a year. I enjoy doing what I can to let other members have a good time. I know that I have the time an patience to deal with misbehaviors, and I would feel accomplished knowing that I have helped CS become a better place even if minutely.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I have been a roleplayer for over a year, so I know the rules very well. Even though I don't have the title of a Peer Mediator, I have acted as one for many times in real life and once or twice online. I have a lot of patience with others. I have a lot of self-dicipline, and I never post when I'm upset.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hakana » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:48 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: 3 months, I have had past accounts, I had joined in 09.(if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)

2.How many posts have you made in the forum: 772

3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes I am :)

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 1-5 hours.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? No, but I know alot about it.

7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Yes, but there are alot, I dont play those sites anymore.

8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? No, I was going to attempt to get involved in a few.

9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I love chicken smoothie, I want to help... with the time I spend on CS I think I can help, I am a very hard worker, I stay cool when I need to..I don't blow up yelling at someone and I am very friendly and helpful.

10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I am getting involved in programing I am learning codeing, I know BBcode very well, and I am planning on running some other sites.

- AOS
new account: "Ephemeral."
do not message me on this account.
Hakana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thekraken » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Mon jan 18th, 2010

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9924

3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes(:

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I usually visit CS every day. However, there will of course be occasions where I can't get on, such as if I am spending a day with a friend or if my internet is down.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Hmm... Well I am on for as long as possible! On school days I am on for around 7 or 8 hours, whereas when i am not at achool I can be on from anywhere between 10-18 hours.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have moderated on four sites before, but unfortunately they were taken down a long time ago. They were also when I was rather young and had no clue what i was doing.

7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.: Apart from CS< I really only tend to roleplay with people on messenger or Youtube through PM's.

8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: Oh yes. I am a very avid roleplayer and have participated in many rolaplys on this site before, my skill increasing with each one.

9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: I want to be a Roleplay moderator on CS because I feel that I am a rather responsible person. The internet is like a second home to me, namely this site.
Since I find it so difficult to communicate with people in real life, I often turn to different websites to help me make friends. I found myself able to do this on CS easily, mainly making my friends through roleplaying.
I suppose that I want to give back to this site as much as I possibly can, due to how much it has helped me in tough times.
Also, since Roleplaying is my main hobby, I figured that I would like something else to do withy it instead of just waiting around for posts. I quite often notice things in roleplays that shouldn't be there and am often tempted to change them, but obviously can't do so.
I also often browse art boards and sites such as Deviantart, and will therefor often be able to recognise stolen art.
I want to be a Roleplay moderator mainly because I feel I have the time and responsibilty to do the job to the best of my abilities.

10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I am a very hardworking person, as any of my schoolfriends and teachers will tell you. I very rarely procrastinate about work and such things and will always do my very best to get the job done.
I am a very experienced roleplayer, having written and Roleplayed for most of my life. I often notice when something is off, such as if people are god-modding.
I am a determined person and will not let people get away with things if they have done wrong.
I have a habit of constantly browsing the Roleplay boards to see what is going on. I enjoy reading through roleplays to see what is going on and see it almost as an oddly posed story.
I know when to be serious and when it is acceptable to joke around.
I am now able to handle most situations calmly due to help from friends and family with anger problems. I am able to calm myself down and handle things well, without blowing up at people.
I always try to act friendly and approachable when on this site, so I feel that I would be an easy person to message problems/questions to.

I thank you very much for taking the time to read this form and consider me as a Roleplay moderator. I understand if I am not chosen. Best of luck to everyone!<3

▌RELEASE THE KRAKEN▐

〙she/her/hers
〙adult
〙avid DnD player
〙horror enthusiast
〙digital artist
〙rat collector
thekraken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antler apathy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:05 am

Tess, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I am very, very close to turning sixteen soon, and was hoping I could possibly apply still - even though I am just barely under the age limit?
[ oh you were a phonograph, I was a kid
I sat with an ear close, just listening
was there when the rain tapped her way down your face
you were a miracle and I was just holding your space ]

art trades: ask | commissions: closed [info here]
my character list | my deviant art
antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 am

Gwen Trix wrote:
Tess, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I am very, very close to turning sixteen soon, and was hoping I could possibly apply still - even though I am just barely under the age limit?

Tess wrote:if you're likely to turn 16 before the time that we announce the new staff then that's okay, but you've only got about a week or two to before we announce the staff so your birthday better be right around the corner. If you're really like 15 and a half, no.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smamm » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
June 22, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.)
Yes, I am sixteen, and a half. |3 I'm not sure if the birthday I entered here corresponds correctly, though. At the time I joined when I was just about a year younger than sixteen I believe, my parents had a strict rule about never entering my real birthday. They still prefer me to do so, but they believe I'm old enough now to decide where and where not to place it. I can easily give you my birthday Via PM. |3

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Pretty close to every day to be honest. I may not post every day, but I'm usually here either reading my PM's and replying or just bumming around. |3

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
It really depends. Most days I am here, when I am here for real and not lurking in the shadows, I am here anywhere between 1-8 hours. I usually take some breaks in between, which affects the actual time I'm online. I would take an estimate of about 6 hours a day, give or take...

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes. Just a warning, most are dead... All others I would like to, but they have been deleted due to inactivity.
Moderator--- Young, Rich, and Fabulous!
Owner/Moderator--- Blackthorne Academy
Moderator--- The Beginning of the End

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
All of the roleplays above, plus others I am unable to find the links to. I mostly stayed to CS once I found it. |3 The staff and whole atmosphere was so friendly, I just didn't want to leave. |3 Here are a few that haven't been deleted in addition to the RP's above...
Chimera Academy
Twilit Wolves; A New Generation
The Bats (a species creation by our own iBrevity!)

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, a ton... Most of them died before anything really happened, which is a real bummer. Here's a list of my more recent roleplays...
1x1 Holli&Venture, Secuestrado, Christchurch the Garden City, Sjúkdómur, Shift 1x1 Holli&Cesare, and 1x1 Sonykk&Holli. I've also participated in older RP's that I am unsure of their current status, and even created others that I know are now inactive, but were very fun while they lasted. Too many to count that I've joined in three years... D|

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
Well, first off I'm sure we all want to somewhat contribute to CS, or give back in some way. I don't really see myself fit for any other positions over a RP mod, as I spend most of my time on the site browsing through the RP forums and replying to threads. Just to add to this I have a love of roleplaying, so I think the position of RP mod would fit me best out of any of the other positions. Secondly, I see a lot of stuff up that shouldn't be up. Things have calmed down quite a bit, but the explicit romance hasn't totally died out. I'd like to crack down on this, as its completely unnecessary. There are players here that are younger than thirteen, maybe even the age of five or six that don't need to be stumbling across these sorts of things. Another reason would be to try and minimize the excess space here on the boards. The first thing I'd do would probably go through and find inactive boards and delete them so the server can run faster and more efficiently. I also have a plan to help minimize excess space in the future, which I can elaborate on if you would like. Just drop me a PM, and I also understand if for a reason this is not wanted. Just an idea I had. Next, I've noticed a lot of anime and other art being used without copyright; and I consider this art theft at a minimal, but still art theft. I understand some users may be unable to draw and would like to use these character pictures and etc., but I think they should at the least cite the artist that actually created the art. Finally, I've made a lot of friend roleplaying, nearly all my friends and I really would like to open new doors to new members and new roleplayers. Making friends is a big part of CS, and roleplaying is one easy, fun way to do it; which I would like to show people. Roleplaying really brings out the creativity in people, and is a place to let your imagination run wild without criticism (at least I would like to to be with no criticism). However I have noticed a lot of cyber-bullying going on within the boards. I of course would never mention names, but I have noticed less experiences roleplayers being made fun of and criticized for absolutely no cause. I'd like to start an end to this, as this discourages young writers that are plenty capable of furthering their skills with a little practice. I've preposed a solution with opening The Chicken Smoothie Roleplay School alongside the other admin of the school Clowesia, a roleplaying agency to tutor new roleplayers and old roleplayers to improve their skills. Even I could brush up on a new style or practice my writing in different ways.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have run three proboards websites in the past, and co-owned on several others, and moderated on plenty more. Many of these have been deleted as they were very old and very dead, but I wish I could've shown you then in the section above, but unfortunately I am unable to do so. However, thanks to these my RP skills have greatly improved over the years, and now I can easily reach up into the 2,000 words per post range. I'd like to try and help other new roleplayers develop their skills and share my tips, which is why Clowesia and I are opening up a roleplaying school for all members alike. I will even be participating, as I am still not perfect and can easily learn from other roleplayers. I have tons of experience when it comes to peer mediation, and I'm plenty capable of keeping calm and getting the full story before pointing fingers and blaming users. I, in my time of moderating on other sites, have run into plenty cases of fighting and inappropriate content. I believe I've handled all cases fairly well by simply asking both sides of the story, and working things out for the two users in a friendly manner. When it comes to inappropriate content and art theft I am a bit more strict, however. When one of the two crosses my path I send a clear warning Via PM, not posting accusations on the board as this is completely uncalled for. Simply sending a warning message usually gets the point across. I can easily solve problems, only being biased toward one particular things, the rules. If I see a rule being broken, no excuses. Consciously or not, you have broken them, and a simple warning does the trick.
On a side note, and mentioned above, I have noticed a lot of cyber-bullying going on within the boards and I have noticed less experiences roleplayers being made fun of and criticized for absolutely no cause. I'd like to start an end to this, as this discourages young writers that are plenty capable of furthering their skills with a little practice. I've preposed a solution with opening The Chicken Smoothie Roleplay School alongside the second admin of the school Clowesia, a roleplaying agency to tutor new roleplayers and old roleplayers to improve their skills. Even I could brush up on a new style or practice my writing in different ways.

I'd like to thank you for this opportunity. I wish you the best of luck deciding on the new RP mods! There are some very nice applications up, I'm not sure how I would decide! |3 Best of luck to everyone else as well! |3 Thank you again!
Last edited by Smamm on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Smamm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me