Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Rubicon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:53 am

What country are you from?: I'm from the United Stated, California to be specific. So the time zone would be Pacific Time.
Around what age are you? I am 18 about to be 19 at the end of this month. June 30th to be exact. *Gets excited* First birthday living on my own, can't wait to see what my roomies do party wise.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: I've been a member since August by all technicalities, I adopted an August pet under my actual name and had it added to my CS account when I became an official member in September.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Daily... for hours at a time daily.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: A shorter number of hours would be those I don't spend on CS... Because I usually wake up at 7-8 in the morning, and no one else in my house wakes up till about 1 in the afternoon. So I am online for that entire block of time. Usually when everyone gets up we go run whatever errands we have that day, so I'm online off and on from 1 to about 7 then from 7 until I pass out around 1 am I'm online. I spend most my day online, and whenever I am online I have a CS tab opened and I click back to it continually even if I have nothing to do I go browse random threads to see what's up.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I am an Admin to a site, and Mod to another. Both Role playing sites. Here is the one I run: http://musefx.proboards.com/index.cgi? And here it the one I am a global Mod at: http://z3.invisionfree.example.com/firestonerpg/index.php?
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Because I love Chicken Smoothie and I have noticed our mods are being over run with things to watch out for as the site grows. There are people with multiple accounts that are obviously multiple accounts, art thieves, generally rude people, but all that is to be expected when you have a site this big that is so wonderful, something has to come along and cause problems. I'd like to Moderate not only for those reasons, but I am a very strong willed person, if I see someone doing something wrong I'll call them out on it. I've gotten in trouble several times on Ichumon for 'mini modding'. It's not my fault I see someone doing something wrong and No mods are online. I'm online a lot and can be very useful because I have a habit of opening like 5-10 tabs for one site so I can be everywhere at once so to speak.
Being a mod would also be wonderful because it would give me more purpose on CS as I am satisfied with my pet collection and no longer have much to do but chat. Which is fun, but I'd like to have reason behind having 5 tabs open watching a lot of areas of the site at once. Like I said, I can be very useful for that reason right there. I'd be like 5 mods instead of one. A silent keeper of the peace, with ever watchful eyes everywhere. Almost like a vigilante, but with Mod powers given by the site owner.
Any other comments?: I want to be a mod! Like that's my dream pet, but instead it's a dream goal. Cause I've really got nothing else to do but be helpful in any way I can. I'm happy with my pet collection, minus one pet but I've given up on an unreleased cat. So I've resorted to helping others get their dream pets, but that gets old cause I had enough haggling prices over my own pets for me, it's not as much fun when you're doing it for someone else.
Rubicon

Postby Kaynara » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:18 am

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since January the 11th, I do believe.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I come on nearly every day, often for an hour or two, or if its a holiday, I can be on it for a whole day. There are very occasional days where I don't make it on, but these are few and far between.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Hmm, I've kind of said this up above, but normally about an hour/two hours on school days, normally longer in the holidays and weekends.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I haven't, no, but every one has to start somewhere, and I think if I got a chance to be a moderator here on Chicken Smoothie, I would quickly learn the basics and treat everyone fairly.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I think it would be an amazing opportunity to learn more about the site as a whole, and hopefully relieve some of the pressure on you, Tess, Nick, Sorren, Vamp and the other wonderful mods who keep this site running. Hopefully, no-one would object to me too strongly, and I could help make this site better for the many new members who join up to Chicken Smoothie every day. Of course, I love this site, and anything I could do to help it continue to grow and evolve, I would take with open arms.
Any other comments?:Not really, only that I'd love to take part helping this site. Of course, good luck to everyone else, I'm sure something worthy of the position will be chosen.
Active only to liquidate things for FR. If there's something you're interested in, send me a PM - I'm willing to negotiate!
Kaynara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frayah » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:36 am

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since Oct, but I found the site in July.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every day
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: A few hours a day, at leadt 30 hours a week
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I've apllied before. I'm a mod on here: http://www.krittni.webs.com
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd like to help, the mods have to much to handle with all the members nowadays.
Any other comments?: Hope you find some mods!
Frayah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frogger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:37 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)I switch between the US and then Germany..but I stay on US Pacific Timezone
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+)19+

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:Since February...sometime around like the 13th or so...not sure on the exact date
How often can you come on the CS forums?:Ok..
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:I spend 3, 4 or 5 hours daily..some days I can't get on because I am traveling. But I spend enormous amout of time.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:None...yet
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:I love CS, I am on a lot of other sites and this one is extremely thorough in its' members and forums. I know a lot about CS but I would love to learn more about it. I know how overwhelming it can be to be a mod because my sister used to have her own site but she stopped it.
Any other comments?:I wish the best of luck to whoever gets the position, thanks.
Frogger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frogger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:39 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)I switch between the US and then Germany..but I stay on US Pacific Timezone
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+)19+

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:Since February...sometime around like the 13th or so...not sure on the exact date
How often can you come on the CS forums?:Multiple times a day
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:I spend 3, 4 or 5 hours daily..some days I can't get on because I am traveling. But I spend enormous amout of time.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:None...yet
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:I love CS, I am on a lot of other sites and this one is extremely thorough in its' members and forums. I know a lot about CS but I would love to learn more about it. I know how overwhelming it can be to be a mod because my sister used to have her own site but she stopped it.
Any other comments?:I wish the best of luck to whoever gets the position, thanks.
Frogger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kodkod98 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:58 am

How long have you been a member on CS?:umm since march, but i know a lot! :?
How often can you come on the CS forums?:every day
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:3-6 hours a day, i guess
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: umm yes but not a big one. here http://kcscrazycreations.webs.com/apps/members/ and im an admin here: An adoptables site, still working on it) http://theboxysareboss.webs.com/
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:well i want to help cs, and i see SOOO much spam and it dosent get deleted for weeks. no offence to other mods!
Any other comments?:I LOVE CS! im not expecting anything though. :roll:

What country are you from?:The US, florida right now.
Age?: im only 11. please dont judge me by my age though! :oops:
Kodkod98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kodkod98 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:59 am

How long have you been a member on CS?:umm since march, but i know a lot! :?
How often can you come on the CS forums?:every day
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:3-6 hours a day, i guess
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: umm yes but not a big one. here http://kcscrazycreations.webs.com/apps/members/ and im an admin here: An adoptables site, still working on it) http://theboxysareboss.webs.com/
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:well i want to help cs, and i see SOOO much spam and it dosent get deleted for weeks. no offence to other mods!
Any other comments?:I LOVE CS! im not expecting anything though. :roll:

What country are you from?:The US, florida right now.
Age?: im only 11. please dont judge me by my age though! :oops:
Kodkod98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starstream<= » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 am

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since October.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Almost everyday. My dad gets kind of strict with the computer sometimes, but I usually get on for and hour or two(or more.)
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: For the day: The entire time on the computer. For the week: 5-15 hours. Maybe more or less. I don't usually keep track.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Nah. I always wanted too, but I never got asked.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I LOVE chickensmoothie. I remember when I first joined my dream pet was the September blue rose. All the people here were so nice. They got me my rose, and the red rose, and a red and black X dog. I want to be able to help all the newer people(and the oldies too, lol.) I also want to feel like I'm finally doing something good here, instead of begging people to draw my fursonas.>.<
Any other comments?: I luff you guys. I don't think its easy doing what you do, but you do it anyway. Thanks so much! :D And good luck to everyone else too!

What country are you from: The good ol' US of A!
Age?: 15. I'm still young. Oh well.
starstream<=

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:32 am

*pokes her head in* Yes'm, I'm applying. For the simple reason that I'm sick and tired of being abused and not being able to tell people off.... and for another reason, I'm online loads, and am on the forums a lot, and I'd just like to be able to let people know the rules :3 and just I mini-mod plenty anyway.

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: Eastern Canada
Around what age are you? 15.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: I joined the forums in early October, I think, but have been playing without an account since July.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every day, and I do so.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: About 4 hours on and off, per day (more on weekends, around 36 hours total.)
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I'm a moderator.... well, normally I use here to show I'm staff. I was/am a moderator on the CS chat, and I own several sites. I know what to do.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Well.... it's actually a selfish reason really. I go around telling people things and giving them advice and things. If you're a mod, people acknowledge what you say. If you're a member, people either thank you for your advice or ignore you. If you're staff, you get emails asking why the hell you're giving yourself airs and graces. Or at least I do. I like helping people, and I like it when people follow the rules.
Any other comments?: I'm not even sure if Staff are allowed to apply.... Hm. Anyway, best of luck with finals, Tess <3
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackVulpix » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:32 am

What country are you from?: I'm from the United States
Around what age are you? I'm 17, but will be 18 around Dec.

How long have you been a member on CS?: I've been a member on Oct. 31st, 2008.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I'm on pretty much every day and if I can't get on from my laptop, I'll be on via my IPod Touch via wifi.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Nearly everyday, and pretty much 24/7. I hardly sleep xD
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I'm not a moderator on sites, persay. But I am a global moderator on games on BYOND. And I can't really link you to them because you need to download the BYOND application to see them 3=
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I've always loved this site, and I've been around here for awhile. (I guess you guys must hear that reason alot lol...) But I'd also like to do something FOR the site as well. It's a good community and friendly indeed, and I'd like to do my share in helping it, whether I'm a mod or not.
Any other comments?: Hmm.. Not that I can think of. But perhaps I will later on.
It's Time to dress for HALLOWEEN!

Code: Select all
A Fursona is an animal, any animal, any breed, that represents who you are. It's not just some pretty little wolf or cat you made and call it you 'fursona' A Fursona represents you as a person, and when people look at your fursona the fursona should give them an idea of what kind of person you are and and what you're like. A person simple cannot have more than one fursona, at most perhaps 2, but not like 16 for every emotion you have.
BlackVulpix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me