ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? Apply now!

Postby Lacuna » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:57 am

Social Unicorn wrote:Okay so I applied about two weeks ago and still haven't gotten a response. Will I get one?

No one will receive a response until the applications are closed and evaluated. They opened on October 14 and were set to run for 30 days. Only those who are chosen will be contacted before the official announcement of the new artists.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel23456 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:12 pm

When applications are over, is there any estimate on when the announcement will be made? I assume y'all sort of want more artists in time for the Christmas event
lights off

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
adult ♡ married ♡ mom of 2 ♡ 2 dogs 1 cat ♡ birthday july 11th ♡ adopt OR shop, just do both responsibly!
angel23456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LordGhoul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Just realised I wrote 2006 instead of 2009 in my earlier message. Whoops. Fixed it.

So, no line edits, just colouring, right?
If we want to apply as a guest artist for adopts and items, do we send one application with examples of both or do we send one application for each position?
LordGhoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Celozon wrote:Sorry about that, had seen something ealier that had seemed to contradict. Tess is correct.

so based on tess's response, if i colored in the eyes flat (thus covering up the shading) that's okay right? Because it's flatcoloring/doing it in my own style? I can attach a cropped screenshot of what i mean if necessary, but from what i understand the eyes are kind of free game..
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby return » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:20 pm

I will be able to go on a chromebook (reguarly 3:30-8pm on weekdays), but what drawing sites would be usable?
11-8:30 on weekends.
Im too excited for this (also dont look at my oekaki, those were on a non touch screen)
return

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:52 pm

angel23456 wrote:When applications are over, is there any estimate on when the announcement will be made? I assume y'all sort of want more artists in time for the Christmas event

This is our first artist application, but based off other application times it can take several weeks to a month or so for an announcement to be made.

TheGhoulAvenue wrote:So, no line edits, just colouring, right?
If we want to apply as a guest artist for adopts and items, do we send one application with examples of both or do we send one application for each position?

No line edits, just colouring (or creating items for the item artist application). :)
If you're applying for both item and pet artist, you will have to send in both applications.

foxxbreath wrote:so based on tess's response, if i colored in the eyes flat (thus covering up the shading) that's okay right? Because it's flatcoloring/doing it in my own style? I can attach a cropped screenshot of what i mean if necessary, but from what i understand the eyes are kind of free game..

Tess did say you can colour them flat or redraw them in your own style. It's up to you on how you'd like to present your artwork.

Return wrote:I will be able to go on a chromebook (reguarly 3:30-8pm on weekdays), but what drawing sites would be usable?
11-8:30 on weekends.
Im too excited for this (also dont look at my oekaki, those were on a non touch screen)

Whatever drawing applications allow you to open PSD files and use layers should be fine. There are many free applications you can download, though I personally don't have a chromebook so I'm unsure which applications would be compatible.

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werefly » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:15 am

I just realized I drew eyelash-like lines on one of the example pets in my entry. It was on the color layer and I used one of the palette colors. The color is dark enough, however, that I just realized it might look like I altered the lineart unless you looked really really closely. Should I remove the "eyelashes" or resend my template as a PSD file, or is it ok as is? I don't want anyone to think I cheated or lied on my application :P
Werefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:03 am

Werefly wrote:I just realized I drew eyelash-like lines on one of the example pets in my entry. It was on the color layer and I used one of the palette colors. The color is dark enough, however, that I just realized it might look like I altered the lineart unless you looked really really closely. Should I remove the "eyelashes" or resend my template as a PSD file, or is it ok as is? I don't want anyone to think I cheated or lied on my application :P

As long as it was a palette color you are fine - we look closely at the applications!

However, you can edit your applications at any point (while they are open), so if you do want to change it that's fine too.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -------------- » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:29 am

1. can i add things like wings into pet's texture without altering the line art or shades?

2. can i use colors that they're darker or more bright than the main colors?

--------------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel23456 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:52 am

BayoDino wrote:1. can i add things like wings into pet's texture without altering the line art or shades?

2. can i use colors that they're darker or more bright than the main colors?

You can only add "wings" if they are part of the coloring on the pet. No lines can be added.

You can only use the colors in the palette you choose. A gradient of those colors is also acceptable, but no new colors
lights off

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
adult ♡ married ♡ mom of 2 ♡ 2 dogs 1 cat ♡ birthday july 11th ♡ adopt OR shop, just do both responsibly!
angel23456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me