Easter Hunt - should we have an "animal egg" hour? Vote now!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we edit the hunt so you can only find animal eggs for an hour?

Yes please, I want an animal egg hour so I can find some animal eggs!
67%
Yes please, but only for 20 minutes so we can just find 1 each instead of 3
8%
No thanks, it will make the animal eggs too common
12%
No thanks, I only want to find regular eggs, I don't want animal eggs
13%

Total votes : 2488

Re: Easter Hunt - should we have an "animal egg" hour? Vote

Postby FrostHeart98 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:38 am

I love this idea, i recommend it. :D :)
FrostHeart98
FrostHeart98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aphotex » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:47 am

I think it's a great idea! Not everyone will be on so a lot will be thrown In to the trading pool allowing everyone to at least get some animal eggs. So they aren't as uncommon as before, it's just a game where we are all supposed to have fun. :) I think an animal egg hour is a fantastic idea and I'm Looking forward to it
Aphotex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koujaku; » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:54 am

No.
hey my name is spencer. i like robots. he/him pronouns.
Koujaku;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ishnawababa » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:30 am

I like this idea. I am currently missing six animal eggs, all of which I wish to acquire. Preferably by finding them, not trading for them.
Ishnawababa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:33 am

Lord Amazilion wrote:As harsh as it sounds, but people who overpay for stuff will have to deal with it if the "product" turns out to be less valuable than they thought/hoped.
Animal eggs aren't that rare. Uncommon, perhaps, but not rare. Trading for something before you know its value for sure is always a risk. It is a risk with pets of unknown rarity, and it is a risk with items.
I've participated in many every single site event so far, and have seen countless "valuable" pets go for much more than people should have paid for them. The most memorable one in my mind was the Burnt Dog of the 2011 medieval faire, which went for Advent List pets despite just being an uncommon pet that you could get instead of a token. Users lost their minds over those dogs even though others told them to wait a couple more days, because those kind of pets/items always get more common and therefore less expensive towards the end of an event.
With the animal eggs it is pretty much known that they are not super rare, as they've been a thing for many years now.
Anyone who overpays does so at their own risk.

Besides, once again: three eggs at maximum(!) are not enough to drastically lower the value of the item as a whole.
Animal eggs aren't intended to be incredibly rare.

That's kind of the point no voters are trying to make though. They aren't they rare so why flood the market with more. Like you said people were going crazy for the burnt dog but the powers that be didn't respond by making them easier to get. Why this thing and this event? It just doesn't seem necessary or fair. Many people don't have a lot of time to play and get tokens anyway so while this will be great for people who want animal eggs the people that don't want them will be stuck with items that may even be worth less then a token.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:59 am

If I understood the discussion on the thread right, then Tess is considering to make it an option rather than forcing people through it, or at least warn us beforehand, so those who don't wish to get animal eggs can avoid it.

As for "worth less than a token" - just not going to happen. Even if we should get an "animal egg hour", they will never be as common as tokens. Plus, obviously, Animal Egg worth always gets higher as time passes, just like everything else.

I wasn't using the Burnt Dog to say why I'd want to increase the supply of a thing, but as an example of why people should not overpay for something before they can be sure of its worth. The error with that dog wasn't that we didn't have enough of them and that made people crazy. It was a problem with people flipping out because it was -just like animal eggs- less common than the tokens, and instead of -as should be done with animal eggs- waiting for more days to pass and more dogs to get into circulation, users overpaid ridiculously and ended up making really bad deals in order to get a pet that is still uncommon.

Animal eggs aren't rare, but that doesn't mean they're automatically worth nothing. They'll still have decent demand, it's just that there will be a few more in circulation this year. But why not? It won't damage the value of animal eggs from previous years, and as for this year - as I said, anyone who overpaid before they knew how much the items would eventually be worth took a risk and ends up having to deal with that. Why say "no" just because things won't be exactly as they were before? Change happens. *shrug*

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phagocytosis » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:07 am

Agreed, I've found only 1 egg so far cx.
Phagocytosis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby narwhallama » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 am

It sounds like a good idea, just please can you make it so that it's worth an hour, so that each uer can actually have three eggs? Like, have three banners in a row with animal eggs, rather than make it an hour?
narwhallama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ai00x » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 am

I don't really see why some people are so strongly against this idea.. It's not like during that one hour other players will come and steal the eggs from the players who can't be online or anything. A gain for some but loss to nobody.

And even if animal eggs values would somehow dramatically drop from that one hour that includes max 3 eggs per person ...I think it's still more fair to think of those who are having a hard time to get the eggs they don't have AT ALL than those who just wish that their extra eggs would be as valuable as possible. I already have all the animal eggs I need and more, but I still like this idea of animal egg hour ^^
Ai00x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puddin_Pie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:36 am

Also, people seem to be forgetting that Tess said that there are still some as yet unreleased eggs, so we will not just be getting the same 11 that we have so far, but eggs that we haven't seen yet.
Puddin_Pie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me