Easter Hunt - should we have an "animal egg" hour? Vote now!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we edit the hunt so you can only find animal eggs for an hour?

Yes please, I want an animal egg hour so I can find some animal eggs!
67%
Yes please, but only for 20 minutes so we can just find 1 each instead of 3
8%
No thanks, it will make the animal eggs too common
12%
No thanks, I only want to find regular eggs, I don't want animal eggs
13%

Total votes : 2488

Re: Easter Hunt - should we have an "animal egg" hour? Vote

Postby ShyEternal » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:01 am

Yes, do the 1 hour animal egg hunt! It's a really cool idea, Tess, I love it! ^-^
ShyEternal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainDropNeon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:26 am

We Should totally have an animal egg hour!
It would be fair because then you get animal eggs as well as regular tokens.
:thumbup: My vote is in for YES!!!
Also:
~BUMP~
i LOVE dogs and cats so it would be nice if you traded them to me, also I LOVE TRADING c:
Dont trade for my group that has my dog named Rex, Because he's my real life dog.
RainDropNeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:37 am

I was hesitant about this at first, because I was concerned that the value of animal eggs will go down if they are more easily obtained.
Thinking about it, though, it's really just one hour, and therefore a maximum of three eggs, which is still far from a full set.
Plus, there are people who simply don't have as much time to hunt for banners as others, so they might not be able to get many animal eggs without trading. Especially the younger users who may not be allowed to stay online all day (let alone pull all-nighters), or all the people who have work to do.
So overall I think it'd be nice to have that sort of thing. ^^

I personally always managed to obtain full sets easily, but I'm one of those crazies who stay up into the morning hours.
Not everybody has the time and/or energy to do that.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Bacon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:40 am

Lord Amazilion wrote:I was hesitant about this at first, because I was concerned that the value of animal eggs will go down if they are more easily obtained.
Thinking about it, though, it's really just one hour, and therefore a maximum of three eggs, which is still far from a full set.
Plus, there are people who simply don't have as much time to hunt for banners as others, so they might not be able to get many animal eggs without trading. Especially the younger users who may not be allowed to stay online all day (let alone pull all-nighters), or all the people who have work to do.
So overall I think it'd be nice to have that sort of thing. ^^

I personally always managed to obtain full sets easily, but I'm one of those crazies who stay up into the morning hours.
Not everybody has the time and/or energy to do that.

I highly agree, this is actually the first year that I have almost collected no eggs period. I'm so busy with college and work, that I doubt I will even come close to having all my Easter stuff collected x_x So it would be much appreciated!
General Bacon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Heda » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:52 am

I think it would be sorta cool but I don't think it should be for a long time. I'm already finding way too many animal eggs then I'd like too so I think it would be better if it was only for 20 minutes. Plus they will become too common.
Heda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animemice » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:57 am

I like the sounds of this, since I have no animal eggs, but I'm thinking about the people that overpaid for them. It's like going to a store and buying ice cream, but then you get mad that you wasted your money on ice cream that was cheaper at another store.

And besides, aren't animal eggs supposed to be "rare"? So there might only be 3 eggs, but still, many people will have them and that will cause animal eggs to become more common.

Some people won't even have the chance to get on CS for that one hour, so that won't even be fair for them unless Tess edited it to be a different hour for every time zone, which would be pretty difficult. I don't see how this whole thing is gonna work.
Hi! I'm Animemice, but you can call me Mouse. I love horses and ride them in my spare time. I also love dogs! I love to read and write, and want to be an author someday! If you need a hug or just want to chat feel free to PM me, I promise I will reply <3
Animemice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:57 am

Hm... I think we should do it twice a day for only 30 minutes, since there are diffrent timezones. It's diffrent to find it yourself, or to trade it with someone.
This way everyone gets a chance to get it, and 2 times half an hour is also 1 hour. And more people get a change :)
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brand » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:58 am

BlueTrillium wrote:To address the 'timing unfairness', I would like to point out that a few pages back somebody suggested that each person be able to 'trigger' their animal egg hour at a time of their choosing. Tess herself replied to that indicating she thought it was a good idea.

Clearly that's not official yet but it does indicate that they're at least looking into the possibility. So that should take care of people worried they may not be online during the given time.

As for people who already 'overpaid' for eggs... well it was their own decision to do so. If they didn't think it was fair at the time, why did they pay it? It's like buying tomatoes at Cub Foods and then going to Walmart the next day and being mad because Walmart offered tomatoes at a lower price. The Cub Foods price was fine when they paid it but suddenly it's unfair because somebody else is offering for lower. Honestly the price difference is the price of impatience. They wanted to get the eggs by a certain time instead of waiting so they paid extra to get it early. Like paying for express delivery when shopping online. *shrug* That's the risk of doing business. If they're going to offer overpay and be fine with it, they can't complain about it afterward. Nobody held a gun to their head and forced them to overpay.

And for people concerned with 'rarity' - I notice that generally those people complaining don't care about the animal eggs themselves, only what they can price-gouge other people out of to sell them. Kinda like the oil companies jacking up prices or artifically reducing supply so they can keep gas prices high. Heaven forbid they make only 20 billion profit instead of 21 billion. The people in favor of the animal egg hour don't care about rarity. They just want to be able to casually collect the eggs they want without being gouged through the nose for them or constantly being outbid by rich people with oodles of extra rare pets to throw around. I don't see a problem with that.

Most of these people are going to KEEP those eggs, meaning they won't go into the supply, so the number of eggs up for trade would actually probably stay about the same. Sure, demand would decrease, but most of the people hanging onto their eggs wouldn't be able to afford the price gouges anyway, so the rich folks would still be able to buy if they wanted and I don't really see the egg market changing very drastically from this at all.

This cannot be explained any better than this!
Brand

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scararb » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:06 am

ya it would be fun but like every 20 mins like the egg hunt
Scararb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:11 am

As harsh as it sounds, but people who overpay for stuff will have to deal with it if the "product" turns out to be less valuable than they thought/hoped.
Animal eggs aren't that rare. Uncommon, perhaps, but not rare. Trading for something before you know its value for sure is always a risk. It is a risk with pets of unknown rarity, and it is a risk with items.
I've participated in many every single site event so far, and have seen countless "valuable" pets go for much more than people should have paid for them. The most memorable one in my mind was the Burnt Dog of the 2011 medieval faire, which went for Advent List pets despite just being an uncommon pet that you could get instead of a token. Users lost their minds over those dogs even though others told them to wait a couple more days, because those kind of pets/items always get more common and therefore less expensive towards the end of an event.
With the animal eggs it is pretty much known that they are not super rare, as they've been a thing for many years now.
Anyone who overpays does so at their own risk.

Besides, once again: three eggs at maximum(!) are not enough to drastically lower the value of the item as a whole.
Animal eggs aren't intended to be incredibly rare.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me