Roleplay Moderators - CLOSED - now chosen

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Error » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:12 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 pm

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1324

3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: I am the correct age for this position.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am on everyday and rarely miss a day.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Over five hours each day.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Yes, I have been in a lot of role plays and have owned my own role plays in the past.

8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, I have been in a few role plays on here and multiple one-on-one role plays.

9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? To keep younger players from seeing anything wrong, from having to much spam on a roleplay. To keep the forum safe and free of problems as to keep it running for the joy of all the role players out there. Mostly to help keep everything calm, I know how quickly a fight can get in a role play and it is not fun when that happens.

10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I have owned a few role plays in the past and I do own a role play right now (it is off of Chicken Smoothie). I had previous role plays that had fighting in it and I settled it in the most calmest manner possible, I am slow to anger and rarely if ever hold a grudge towards anyone. I try to be fair and polite. I can handle seeing overly done romance and fighting sense. So this will not bother me in anyway and I would prefer that no one under the appropriate age sees this.
I have worked with special needs children, my younger siblings all have special needs, so I can handle working with "typical" children easily. I am a bit playful in character so I will not snap or be harsh towards anyone and I normally look at the situation closely before I act. Making me the sit there and be quiet type, but I am always watching and knowing what is going on.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaisieGames » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:17 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: August 15th, 2008

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 20142

3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, I am old enough.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I try to get on every day and as much as possible.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I'm usally on all day, except for doing homework and school.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Yes. http://breathingfireadopts.freeclanforum.com/forum

7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. Yes, http://violetstar.proboards.com/

8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, I'm always roleplaying when I get the chance.

9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I want the boards and fourm and site over all to be safe for younger members to read, and not to ask their parents weird things. I have young kids in my faimly and the like to read over my shoulder a lot, and I want the fourms to be clean so they wont be asking awkard questions. I think for the most part, parents of kids on CS want that to.

10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I helped incomming Freshman(9th grade) transfer from Middle school to High school when I was a junior(11th grade). Also, I took children devolopement classes when I was in 9th grade also.
DaisieGames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ika; » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:57 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: November 15th, 2008.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum: 2836.
3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? About five, more if I can.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? Here., and Here.
7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
Quite a few;
Here.
Here.
Here.
Here.
8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? All the time, I adore roleplaying c:
9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I'd love to be a roleplay moderator because I'd like to keep the forums safe for younger members to roleplay, as I'm aware CS has many young members. I'd like the roleplay forums to be a cheerful, welcoming and imaginative place for people to really let their creativity loose, and feel entirely content in doing so. I'd like to help CS become an even better place, with a lively roleplay section that is trustworthy and parents feel at ease allowing their children to browse.
10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I'm a very patient person, and I have a passion for roleplaying. I'd help the newer members understand roleplaying, and I'd be dedicated to my job- I'd adore the chance to be able to help and I'd definately be active and helpful. I'm an understanding person, so if there is an argument I'd be able to weigh up both sides, and I'd be happy and approachable if people have questions about roleplaying.

/semi-quit cs, find me on flight rising here/

trading all pets & items for flight rising stuff
ika;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudsong » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:45 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined CS on August 2nd, 2009, and have been obsessed ever since!

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
12025 (so far 8D)

3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
I'm turning 16 really soon, and am very mature; I'm used to reading mature content.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I'm on every day, all day! XD (I'm homeschooled, and my work is done online, so usually I take breaks quite frequently to check on the forums.)

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I'd say probably more than 5. I have absolutely no social life, and spend my days at home. (>.>) But I am a concert violinist, and on some days am quite busy with rehearsals and concerts. In the summer, for example, I have a music festival, and am completely swamped most of the days. (But I still will come on)

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Well, I have my own forum that turned out to be a fail.... But I was the admin there, along with my sister, though she never did any of the work XD Click here to view the forum.

7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
I started roleplaying through YouTube streams with my good friend on here, and then I used instant messaging to roleplay with my sister.

8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Too many to count!

9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
Honestly, this has been my dream on CS since the position was made. And I want to help out the forums, because there are too many times when I see innappropriate roleplays going on.

10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
My forum is actually a roleplay website, but it never really became big.

Last edited by Cloudsong on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no longer an active member of this community, but I'm always looking to commission art of my dog, Pascal the Pomeranian! ^^ PM me if you're interested in drawing him, and we can discuss payment.
Cloudsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lorenza » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:37 am

I'm only a few days away from being on chicken smoothie for exactly 6 months, so I was wondering if I'm still allowed to enter.
ImageImageImage

Under Construction
Lorenza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hayleigh11292000 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 14th
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):300
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS:4-5days
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit:3-5hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:sorry no
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before:http://forum.creaturebreeder.com/
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before:Yes many
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS:i would like to be a mod on cs because you need responsable mod and i think i can be responsable for cs :)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:umm... :oops:
dreamie Image
my dog Image Art shop(FREE): viewtopic.php?f=21&t=717640Image
hayleigh11292000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:46 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    November 2, 2009
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    This will be number 10,711.
  3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
    Yes, I am.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Every day.
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    Like I said on my last staff app, it's a bit hard to judge as I'm constantly drifting on and off between various sites and my art program. This last week, I tried making a rough guesstimate and figured it's around five or six hours on the average day, though it's spread out across my total waking hours.
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    I co-owned a roleplay site at one point some time ago, but it never really got anywhere and I ended up not doing much. It has since died.
    I currently, and have for some time, run this roleplay site along with -3B-.
  7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
    Oh yes, I've been casually roleplaying for years, mostly just with friends via Skype or a bit here and there on various roleplaying sites, though the only site I've stuck with roleplaying on is the one for my own species. (linked to above).
  8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
    Only two. One was more than a year ago, an African Wild Dog rp, and one is a horse rp which was much more recently.
    I tend to prefer more serious roleplays, lit or semi-it, which are fairly difficult to find here and the ones I do find usually move much too quickly for my personal tastes. However, I feel I'm more than capable of moderating the rp forums, even if I don't use them very much as I'm very familiar with roleplaying in general.
  9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
    Well, at this point, I'm pretty desperate for a job. (Hence why I've been applying every time you open spots. xD ) Any job. I've been job-searching for two years now, but the economy in my area is appalling and I rarely even get callbacks. It's driving me up the wall not having any sort of work responsibility. I feel that, even though this is not a conventional paying job, it will at least lend me some very needed work experience and responsibility.
    I also really feel that the RP boards need a lot of attention, seeing as how many people are active there and how few people there are currently caring for the boards. I'm the type of person to really want to be sure rules are being followed and enforced so being part of the process, I feel, would be a help to you.
    Not only that, but I really have been trying to involve myself more in roleplaying onsite and I feel this could really help me to get involved in the CS RP community, which would consequently keep up my desire to keep order on the boards.
  10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
    Well, as linked to above I currently run a roleplay site and, as explained above, I used to co-own a second so I do have some experience in the area.
    I've also had a bit of practice in peer mediation as part of my psychology studies.

edit: By the way, I used to be Kamaliah. The name change is pretty recent so I just wanted to be sure you knew who I was. :]
Last edited by June Bug on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 am

And oh em gee I totally have to apply for this, too.

What date did you register as a CS member?: Copypasting from my previous app: "I joined the forums on Tue Oct 07, 2008. I actually started playing the site before that, but I didn't realize there were forums to join until later. "

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3873 OTL I don't post so much anymore.

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yup, indeed I am!

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I don't log in very much anymore, I stop by a couple days a week to poke at my pets and see if they've grown.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? About a half hour. However, I spend about 6+ hours on the computer, since I no longer attend school (because of the place I'm currently located at.) I spend a lot of time on DA and on chats and just browsing around, so *shrugs* I do have the time. Like I've said before, I'd spend more time if I was obligated to. :3

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I was a moderator on Shima.Luan's adoptsomecreativity forums. I've modded on a few other sites but they've closed and as such, there's really no point linking to them. I also mod a DA group called Da-revolution, and run a DA group called Halcyon Academy (which is RPing and character creation.)

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I used to be an avid RPer on Dragon Cave (on the forums) until the hostility in the community made me decide to quit. My profile there is RosePose: My profile is here. I also routinely RP on Voleros Saga Site is here.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? As I remember, I've really only participated in Aesse's Fat Cat RP. Lately I haven't really been into RPing in public settings and prefer to do so privately with friends.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Now, I rarely visit the CS RP boards. It's not that I dislike them or anything, but I just don't have many friends who want to RP on CS, and therefore, none of us do, really. I'd like to make the RP boards here more friendly and accessible to all sorts of RPers, and a cleaner, appropriate place overall.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I have started and successfully run several role-plays on DCF and on private servers, I know how they work and run and am familiar with the slang involved. I know what's acceptable conduct in RPing and how to tactfully tell people that they aren't following the acceptable rules.

I'm also very comfortable with viewing and handling inappropriate conduct in RPing.

I used to be a RP critique-giver/helpful RP advice person on DCF, and I know how to try and discourage behaviour that's against the rules without discouraging someone from RPing altogether.

I also know several languages but I don't think those will be very useful *bricked*

I have some practice in peer mediation and work in jobs that require tact and social skills.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeonAnomaly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:43 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?

Friday April 17, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?

Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Usually every day unless there is a problem with computer access.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

Usually two or more. I spend most of my day on my Xbox 360 but I do stop on regular intervals to check ChickenSmoothie for recent posts or new events.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.

No I have not except on a dead Chat room on Chatango.com. It was deleted last year so I cannot link it.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.

I have been accepted to roleplay on http://www.jplegacy.org/ However, I never did actually make any posts. Though the site is rather picky on who actually gets accepted into their RolePlay forum.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?:

Yes, very many and I have much experience. I am currently participating in a 1x1 with MissShadowHunter whom may I add, Is an amazing roleplayer.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?

Because I have noticed, while reading other players topics, that there is a lot of issues with keeping the forum clean and appropriate. I myself do roleplay with violence, but I try my best not to be excessive in detail as I have younger siblings and know what is right for them to read. I think I might be good for helping with maintaining the roleplay forum.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

Yes I believe that if I was accepted as a Mod I could better explain problems to the other members because I have roleplayed so much in the past and current. I have spent time with younger children and have taken classes in highschool for child development. As for dealing with older members, I feel I am mature enough. I am not bothered by mature content and I am rather calm with handling sticky situations.

Edit: I edited the format so that it was easier to read. Hope it makes the jumble of text better on your eyes.
Last edited by NeonAnomaly on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NeonAnomaly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Forest654g » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:43 am

Could you PLEASE put the rules at THE TOP! Before the part where it says "read everything" cuz i never roleplay here and i wanted to apply so i read it all and then read the rules and it turns out i read it all for no reason! I suggest that to be first for some people will be disapointed if they read and are feeling the way i am- wasted time annoyed.
Forest654g

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me