Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Now Hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Piuma » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:22 am

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: January 15, 2010
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 560+
  3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit CS everyday (unless I am away for some reason)
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It's like facebook - I always have a tab open to check for replies in the threads I follow. But I probably spend 2 hours active playing on weekdays, depending on the amount of homework, and 3 or 4 in the weekends.
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. No, I haven't.
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to be a moderator because I know I am able to deal with the situations that can occur, and help those who need help and guidance. I want to make CS a safe place for everyone to be, no matter the age, religious views or sexual preferences. Securing CS from art theft, adult content and cruelty against other our younger players is important to me, and has always been.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?For the first, I am from a country that does not have English as a mother tongue (Norway), and have knowledge of northern European cultures and languages. I am fluent in English, and understand German and some Italian. Second, I deal with children on a daily basis. I teach young musicians in the age of 8, and I conduct the local school band. This has made calm and reasonable in stressful situations, as well as made me good at explanations.

Thank you,
~Piuma
Piuma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am

If you are not afraid to see the mature content, can you still apply? You see I'm not 18 but I would still like to apply. I have brothers and what not so I wouldn't care much.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:32 am

APPLICATION

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Sept 26th 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4239 . . . and there will probably be more once you've read this xD

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I have absolutely no issue with seeing adult content ;). I see it on my own website all the time. I am also well over 18.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? . . . Im here all day, all week

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Well over 2 hours xD. . . I spend almost a continual amount of time here. The only time im not on is when im sleeping or paying bills and rent etc. and im not joking either. CS is always open in my browser and I religiously check my bookmarks and the boards I regularly hang out. I am never off CS for more than half an hour a day. The 8 hours I sleep a day, and the 4 hours a fortnight I leave my house are the only times I am not on CS . . .

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? Arcadia Isle - I am an admin there. It has required me to approve posts for all my members, and the many that keep signing up and I very much enjoy doing it :). I am very familiar with the PHPbb moderator system, having moderated on many forums over the past 4 years. I can lock and move topics, delete and split, and copy topics. I also deal with a bucket load of spam bots and I am not bothered by the ones that are of adult content, for specific reasons. I also have real world customer service experience which I use when helping out the CS users who come to me with questions. It is easily applied here :). I believe myself to be very efficient and I truly believe I would make a great addition to the CS team. My knowledge of how CS works, the Rules, and my experience from being a General Helper, would be very helpful to you and the rest of the staff. I will work to the absolute best of my ability, and try my hardest to never let you down.
I am, however not diligent at spotting art thieves immediately, but I can search for hours trying to find references and resources and/or traced images. All I can do is strive to be my best.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? My role as a General Helper is great. I love it. But I can't help as much as I wish. People come to me with issues that require moderator attention, and I have to direct them to someone else, which makes my current role limited. I want to make everyones life easier, including yours. I have wanted to help for such a long time and there really isn't much I can think of that i'd rather be doing. CS is my entire life. I spend all day on here. . . every day. You've given so much to me and I want to give back to you in any way I can. I have so much time to give to CS, and as such, I have managed to help out so many members, created many guides to help CS users, made several very good friends, completed my collection, taken up hoarding, opened a graphics shop and pretty much excluded everyone but my BF from my life lol. I am reliable, trustworthy, loyal and a generally happy person and I just want to be given a chance :)

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I have completed Certificate II in retail and Certificate III in community Pharmacy. Both of these required a high level of customer service to be able to pass. I am really familiar with CS and the way things work and I can easily put that to good use. My unlimited time on CS will also help as I don't need to be anywhere else thats overly important lol. I don't have a life outside of CS so this cannot hinder my services. I can change my sleeping pattern to suit the times when most of the moderators are not online, or to suit the times CS is most active, which is roughly 2am - 1pm my time. I am very flexible and I can do anything you want me too, be on at any time thats needed. I am also a very active member of the CS community. People know me, they chat to me, and I try to just hang out and chat with them :)
Last edited by Chry on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Milkyway0353 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:48 pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3247
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Not old enough, but if i do get it I have permission from parents.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-4 weekdays, 5 on weekends
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? No
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator on CS? It has always been my dream to give back to the chickensmoothie community and make it a better place. I aleready have a newbie helper fourm, and answer any questions people have. I also think it would be a fun experience and and help me see more of chickensmoothie.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Online frequenty, so I can answer questions and be on often, almost no limit online. Im good on how to use Oekaki and photobucket. Im friendly around other people, and know my way around CS pretty well and can find a specific fourm fast. I also have experience in being in tough situations- I have been a mediater at school, and have been voulunteering being a grief counseler.
<3<3Thank you for taking the time to look at this.
EDIT: I was wondering why we had to be atleast 18 to apply, I was looking at the CS team and people like Compumon and Shadow are under 18 and are Global Moderators. Also here is the link to my Helper's Fourm: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=230219
Last edited by Milkyway0353 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milkyway0353

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:20 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply): 28 July 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply): 1088
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again): I'm slightly too young, but I think that I am quite mature for my age and am very willing to risk seeing some mature content.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least two hours, usually it's more like four or five, and it can reach seven or eight on weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Here. It recently died, but it used to be bustling. I've also moderated some other roleplay sites, all of which are now dead, unfortunately, for various reasons.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I love CS. I think it's the most amazing forum, where artists can share their work, people can chat, and there's something for everyone. I've started to branch out into the CS community, and now that I know what goals and values this site has, I want to help uphold them. I want to see CS grow even bigger and better, and I want to be an involved part of that growth. I want to get to know people, help them, and make the CS experience as amazing for everyone as it has been for me. I've been very lucky and have grown to love this site, and I want to help other people to do the same.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I speak basic Afrikaans and a smattering of Zulu (not the most useful skills for an international site, but there you are). I have been a leader in my school, and in various sports, so I know how to handle people. I am literate, patient and very hard to anger, and have endless time and energy for solving people's problems. I think that I am very approachable and kind, and I have a very real interest in helping others.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:51 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Oct 02, 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 11604

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    I'm merely a tad younger than 18 and definitely fine with adult content.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    7 days a week.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    Usually about 7 or 8 hours during weekdays, and way more on weekends.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    I was international moderator on Adopt some creativity and a few other sites that are now inactive or deleted because the owner didn't have enough time to take care of eveything anymore.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I've been on CS for quite a long time now, watched it getting more popular year by year and better with every litter that was released. And I know that I'd love to help this site and eagerly contribute my time to make it an even more peaceful place and keep everything organized as good as possible. There are fairly many situations when I wish I was able to deal with something that's against the rules on my own instead of having to wait until a staff member comes online to take care of the problem.
    Also, I am a patient person and can deal with people who overreact or are being snappy due to a warning they received from me or another moderator and even if someone were to insult me, I wouldn't be angry at them. This job comes with a big responsibility and I am completely aware of that.
    Even though it may be less important, I enjoy spending my time on CS and working in a team, especially in this case. I'm familiar with quite a lot of people on this site and often lurk around many parts of the forum anyway.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    German is my mother tongue; I speak/ write it fluently and without problems. Also, I had french class a few years ago and can still read a bit. Not much tho' to be honest.
Chia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:12 am

APPLICATON

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    Friday, Aug 15, 2008, 10:11 am

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    3207 as of 3/9

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    I believe that I am indeed old and mature enough.

I always visit CS every day.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    Usually I spend a minimum of anywhere from 4-5 hours total on CS, but I have been known to spend way more than that. Usually my minimum is about 3 hours, and my maximum has been about 8.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
    Yes, I've been the owner/moderator of this thread here for roughly seven months. On that thread, there are a lot of people who don't read the rules and such, so I have a lot of experience with dealing with uncooperative people. I also worked at a couple off-site forums, and from this I already have the previous knowledge of how to move, delete, etcetera within the forum.

Since August of 2008, we all know that the amount of members on this ever-growing site has increased by a lot in numbers. With that, we can also make the conclusion that the forums might need more attention, as not everyone tends to follow the rules that are put before them. Before, I could only stand back and not do much except for report posts to moderators. Now, given the opportunity to be a Moderator, I believe that I can give to the CS community what I haven't been able to do in the past. I also wish to be a Global Moderator because of multiple other reasons. Not only do I believe that CS should be a friendly, welcoming, family-friendly place, but I'm also willing to protect it against various things such as art theft and inappropriate material. I am also willing to take any arguments that members might try to start with me in a mature and calm manor, and I will be able to handle situations in an orderly fashion with hardly any drama.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I believe that I have skill sets including being able to handle tough situations in the least traumatic way possible. I have to do this on a daily basis in real life. I'm also in the process of learning a couple languages, and I can understand a fairly good amount of Spanish. I'm fluent in American English, like the majority of the CS community. Other than that, I have a strong personality that enables me to be strict yet not rude/mean.

Thank you for taking the time to read. (:

Regards,
    Shy.
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hermes Rose » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:54 pm But Became active in January 2010.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum :

No, I'm sorry but I'm under 18 though I am willing to see adult content and do have parental permission for the task.

Everyday

At least 2-3 hours active and the rest of the time just checking bookmarks, pms and trades and so on

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Yes - I've made quite a lot of Roleplaying sites - Many of them are dead now so I'll list a couple of more active ones or recent ones: Dawn of Magic, Cat Colors and a few others that I can't remember as well as this I often help and update on my school website which I can't link for privacy reasons.

I've been active on CS for over a year. I would like to give something back to the community I love so dearly. My artistic skills are terrible compared to the artists I have seen here but one of the few skills I possess is strong morals. I know the difference between right and wrong which is important for being a moderator. I would like to think I am a kind person and decently intelligent. Being a moderator I would love to help through out CS. As well as this I am loyal, I understand that this task is not easy but I am certain I am ready for it and will continue working hard at it.

I read through the CS Suggestions and Problems board daily helping wherever I can and I would love to take this to the next level. I understand through this I will make enemies and will have to make hard decisions but I can see that in the end I will help. I want to make CS better and I understand that there are many amazing users on CS and I hope that whether I get this position or not I can become on of them. I understand the rules and I know the difference between right and wrong. Spam is my arch-enemy and I would like to rid CS of it and I want to make sure people here and kinder, rid it of rudeness and insults without being rude back, I have a very level-head and I will never lose my temper and I will always be kind and polite.

I've just read this back and realise it's probably seems like just a lot of talk but I promise you I can deliver and there are many people here who also deserve this rule but I hope you consider me. I understand about me being under 18 and I know your concerns but I promise you I will never complain, I have permission to do this. I feel its important to have a larger variety of moderators for the fairest outcome possible. So simply, I love CS, I would love to make kinder and safer and help the community which I have grown to love.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I can read simple French and German, I am part of a student council and debate team so I've learnt to mantain a level head. I help out with younger children and know how to sought out their arguements. I know the arguments on CS won't be as simple as, 'She took my crayon' but the principal is the same.

Thank You for considering me. And I wish the best of luck to everybody else
Sherlock Holmes wrote:Look at you lot, you're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way
Born this way - Lady Gaga
Hermes Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starfighter123 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: november 15th 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): This form? if not and if its like the posts you have made other wise this topic its 1543 but will be 1544 after this

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I Am younger than 18 But I have permission(I have no problemes)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? every day

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 5 to 10 (guessing its long time though )

Have you moderated on any other forums before?: nope but I can do

Now the important question: Because I will help people and I like this to be spam free and this is a pretty good site so I LOVE IT,I would like to keep it kind and safe

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Umm not really

Can mods make pets?

I love riding,I have two horses,Buzz and magic
starfighter123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TrillSpots » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:22 am

I have a Question, as I've seen a few members apply who have stated they are under 18 but have permission and maturity to do the job. would those factors mean that I could still apply?
~*Sonne on FR*~
Hey I'm Cali, writer and doodler, ruler of all. Used to be mainly active in 2009, 2010 and 2011, but I'm not really around now. I may pop on to say hi occasionally, but don't expect to see me around.
Twitter | Tumblr | Fictionpress
TrillSpots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me