Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby bear » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:26 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 1st, 2011.
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 22115
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday. The only time I'm not on everyday is if I'm away on a vacation.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Weekends, it will be around 3 - 7+ hours. On a school day, it would be around 3 +.
    Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have moderated small jobs on two forums that have since died down and closed. Nothing big, mostly just making rules or checking threads, due to each of the forums where brand new.
    Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, I have! I've used it quite a lot, and enjoyed it.
    Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I check everyday to see what catches my attention and to look. I mostly view the popular this week board, but I also view others boards too.
    Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? As of doing Oekaki Moderator duties as such of moving drawings and such, I would also be able to enjoy viewing other drawings while doing so, and it is a great way to help out. Digital art is one of the things that interests me much and being an Oekaki Moderator will be a great opportunity to get experience in moderation of forums, view other user's drawings and improve that way and help out the website that I've be a member of for quite a while. I am also very tolerant of others and can handle inappropriate things well. I have a good understanding of the oekaki program and can also help out in that way as well.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I've had a good dose of the oekaki chibipaint program and can use it very well in the time I've been a user, understanding the tools and so. I'm also very good with dealing with others and not going over the topic with comebacks or such, so I am good at that too.
    。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
    I am not active.
bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obeisant » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:41 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: December 2nd, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum: 2497 posts

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I usually visit around seven days, depending on the work amount I have.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I usually spend around two or more hours, again, depending on the day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have moderated on other sites which have long since died and I'm afraid I don't have the links to them anymore.

Have you ever used the CS Oekaki to draw?: I've used it several times before.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the Oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Of course! Usually I go on every day and browse through the forums to look at the pictures.

Why do you want to be an Oekaki moderator for CS?: I've been on CS for a while now and while I was inactive at times due to personal life I've always enjoyed my time here. I'd love the chance to be able to give back and offer something to the community, even if it is only a part of the community. I've always enjoyed being able to help people fix problems as well as helping to keep order in a place. I really think being able to do this would allow me the chance to do something for everyone here. Not to mention having the chance to see so many great artists is something I'd love to do.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I've had a lot of experience in the past dealing with problems and having to help settle them. I used to act as a mediator for people, helping them work through things while meeting a mutual agreement. While I usually went for a mutual agreement if it wasn't possible I never have a problem doing what is right rather then what one person may believe is right.
      I've used the Oekaki board before so I'm not going into it blind -- even if I'm not the best at it.
      As well I have a very calm personality so as far as getting angry goes that will rarely happen. I'm able to handle pressure from other people so my decisions in a disagreement would be swayed because of anything like that. When it comes to someone being rude I'll also be able to handle it very easily and will surely know how to reply or when to just turn away -- after the job is done of course. I'm also a mature person so when it comes to inappropriate images I can easily handle them without freaking out.
      I've worked with young children before which as most people know can be a hard thing to do. But I was always able to handle them very well and never had a problem being kind and getting along with them. This also ties in with the fact that I can deal with two angry parties since I was able to easily and calmly settle any disputes.
Last edited by obeisant on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obeisant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Flamefur:. » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:43 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: June 29, 2013 2:27 am
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5213
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I do have school Monday-Thursday and soccer everyday after school. I have games on Saturdays and I do have vacations, but I still get on every day at least 1 time.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 24-7 {if possible} if not around 7-12 hours {unless on vacation}
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I haven't moderated before I have tried to get a position, but didn't get it
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: yes, I do every once in a while, not extremely often, but when I can
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Yeah, I love to look at other peoples art
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: Well, with a pencil, I am a great artist myself, and I have always loved looking at the oekaki boards to look at other people's art work, but sometimes, I see some stuff that doesn't look very 'cs appropriate' and I would like to help deal with that problem.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?): I use the oekaki program as much as I can, I am not very good at it, but I use it when I have the time. Also, I see a lot of gore and other 'mature' drawings, movies, shows etc. so that does not bother me, and I won't freak over it.

Thank you for giving this opportunity!
Last edited by .:Flamefur:. on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! I'm Flamefur, not much to say, later I will be adding more squibys!
.:Flamefur:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kisawolfz » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:02 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
I registered, Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 pm.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum? (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I have posted 5,444.

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
AT LEAST 5 times a week on average.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
In a day, I would say about 3-5 hours a day.
My time range of being on, is random times of the day. For me I get on about 4pm-9pm.
Yes I do have a baby, Im an at home mom, so I dont leave unless its for errands or doctors.
Im on whenever the baby is asleep, or I dont have to do anything else.
Chicken Smoothie is MY down time.

5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
I have not, Ive tried, but never got the part.

6. Have you ever used the CS Oekaki to draw?
Yes of course. I dont really draw myself, I do use the editable art on here.
Sometimes I do post my own art, even though Im embarrassed by it.

7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the Oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I do all the time. I enjoy seeing art. I dont usually post much on the forums, due to my thread feed being filled with so much others.
I have though posted a few remarks on these Oekaki Forums.

8. Why do you want to be an Oekaki moderator for CS?
Honestly, its just something to do, and I feel I would be good at it.
I dont draw myself, usually, but I do art on editable art every once in a while.
Since I use the editable, Im fairly good at how the system works.

9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I havent had a TON of experience, and maybe I still dont know something about it, but its a learning process for everyone.
I do have the basic knowledge and if I ever DONT know the answer, I have no shame in asking someone who is more experienced then myself.
It would just be a nice experience, and I feel I could try and be of this needed service.
I have free time, and if I ever DONT anymore, I will explain my absence, and hope for understanding.

I dont want to be viewed as a higher power in Chicken Smoothie, just a clean up crew, and aide of service.
As I enjoy Chicken Smoothie, whether Im a simple user, or service to the team.

Thanks for an opportunity.

Respectfully dropping out.
If I were to get the spot for Oekaki Mod, then if my busy Mom life get in the way, Id feel it was unfair to the Chicken Smoothie team, to be gone most of the time.
Maybe down the road Ill re-try!

I dont know how strict of a schedule I would need for a Oekaki Mod, nor the amount expected.
Id rather have someone who was fully available to be able to help out.

(Unless I can be provided with additional information, I would still like to help out, and Apply.)

Thanks again.
Last edited by kisawolfz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Daisey Me Rollin' " ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ
kisawolfz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kida. » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:11 pm

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
May 24th, 2013, 4:52 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
i visit cs on a daily bases, basically anywhere from three hours plus a day, unless i have a double shift at work + plus school. ill be lucky to have two hours on those days, but they are not very often.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
i would usually spend over three hours on cs, probably more, im on here most the day, i dont really count. I think I can go from 8 hours to a full day and part night online.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
i dont think so, ive never applied to do such

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
yes i have, but i just stick to traditional art. i had a tablet at one stage but i find more flexibility with pencil and paper.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
i love looking at the oekaki board, there is so many talented artists on this site, im just so impressed.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?

i am a major art freak, i enjoy all styles of art. i havent been on chickensmoothie for very long but i believe i am just as great as someone whos been on here for a longer time. art is my passion, [even though im pathetic at oekaki] i would love to be apart of it somehow on this site, and to be honest, this is a perfect thing for me to apply to. i would be more than honored to play a major part on the oekaki board. i think i may visit the oekaki board at least twice a day, even though i dont post a critic about the art i still admire it. im not the kind of person to post a terrible comment on art work, if there is something i dont like i try to look at the positives/things i like about the piece. if i got this spot i would be able to do more on the oekaki, and honestly, that would be awesome but this isn't about a moderation title, it's about my love for art (:

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)

well, i am one of those people who can handle a bit of offence, so it would make giving warning a piece of cake. i am very relaxed and not afraid to stand out and deal with a situation. i am mature and know how to handle thing if they go out of control, including inappropriate art. i have no problem telling someone when somethings not okay, i am not usually one to hold back and see a way around it. i like to keep things organised and straight forward.

thanks for this opportunity c:
Last edited by kida. on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
kida.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Since winter and I share the same account, we're filling out two forms (assuming it's the same as Global Moderator applications). c:

fireflii's application wrote:What date did you register as a CS member?
September 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)?

Every day

Around six hours daily during the week and around nine hours daily on weekends (CST)

How you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
Aside from being a previous General Helper on CS, I am currently a moderator on DogDayzz and have been since November 2011 and a global moderator/moderator on several small roleplay forums from 2008 to 2012.

Yes, I have used the oekaki years ago and I have used it recently.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I frequently visit the oekaki boards, but more often since the new categories were added.

Long explanation short, the reason I wanted to retire as a General Helper was because I didn’t feel like I was doing enough. I don’t mean to imply General Helpers aren’t useful, but answering questions and introducing new members is one thing, but I feel that being able to take action when rules are broken is another (I say this as both my own view on things and also as my experience as a moderator on the site I previously mentioned, DogDayzz). Being able to directly move and lock threads, warn members, etc. right at the moment the situation calls for it feels a lot more rewarding than going through the process of contacting an appropriate staff. I want to be an oekaki moderator to because I feel more directly active in actual moderating. Of course, I also love helping out and interacting with members. I don't use Oekaki as much as my account partner, winter, does, but I am an artist so I do frequent the boards and enjoy offering critique when I can! I originally applied as a General Helper because I felt like it was a good place to help members, but I feel like I can be more helpful, both to the site and to members, as an Oekaki moderator.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)?
As aforementioned, I have made some oekaki posts recently so I am aware of the current settings, layout, updates, etc. While I would not consider myself an expert, I believe I am fairly experienced to help many members with problems they might have, and I am confident I have the resourcefulness and ability to figure out most problems that may be new to me or to redirect members to appropriate staff. The other site I am currently a moderator for has had its fair share of posted inappropriate content and trolls (from inappropriate language and extremely graphic images to multiaccounting). As a result, I feel I have already experienced situations like the ones that may be encountered as an Oekaki moderator. Lastly, I have no doubt that my prior experience as a General Helper will be useful, not because of the experience it gave me in handling new members (I personally feel I have always had a better ability to deal with new members and COPPA’d members and “playing nice” isn’t something I had to learn, I feel like it’s just an innate part of my personality), but because as a result I am more familiar with the behind-the-scenes tools, routine, requirements, etc.

-fireflii

winter's application wrote:
1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
September 25th, 2010

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
6457 in the old account, 17335 in current.

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I leave my computer on everyday, so CS is always in one of my tabs. So generally, I’m on after 3:00 pm till 10:00 pm est. Through out the day, I am also sparsely on from 7 am through 1 am (EST) : ]

5. Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Aside from various oekaki adoptables and user ran threads, no, i have not moderated any other forums. But I believe I have the capabilities to successfully and professionally handle any given situation.

6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes.

7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes I do. It’s one of the sub forums that I enjoy browsing through and commenting on myriad of different artwork that is displayed there.

8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
As Fireflii have already mentioned. We both had came to a consensus that being a general helper was not a job that we were looking for after a long period of consideration. Fireflii couldn’t have put it better in words than me, and like she said, our prime intent was to be a bigger help to the user base. As an oekaki moderator, not only are we able to establish our goal but also enjoy working with something that interests both of us- art. As someone who is planning to major in illustration or animation in college, I enjoy giving critiques and assisting others as much as I love receiving them. I believe that CS Oekaki boards are a place where people can go to have fun and look for help. By becoming an Oekaki Moderator I believe both of us have a good understanding of what should happen for it to be ran smoothly. Helping and guiding is something that is very enjoyable to me and I am certain that I- no both- of us can be a great assistance.

9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
Most blatantly, I have been a general helper before which I believe is a great asset as I already know a very small portion of the procedures that happens behind the scenes. Aside from that, I am also very experienced with the oekaki program and am willing to assist any others that encounter problems with the system. Oekaki is not the limit of my art program skills, as I am also very proficient in Paint Tool Sai and Photoshop. I am confident that any kind of art issues in general I could help to an extent. Of course, as mentioned in my general helper form, I am bilingual( korean ) and have strong knowledge in rarities and other site related information. Other than that, I am willing to work with other staff with professionalism when needed and also have fun doing my job which I believe is crucial when working to service a huge user base.

Thank you for considering the both of us and I wish everyone else luck !

-winter
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:20 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    13 September 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    Unless I am particularly busy, I visit CS every day.
    5+ hours on weekdays.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    No(nothing that is active currently), however I am sure I possess the capabilities to successfully perform the duties of an oekaki moderator.
    Yup, I have used the CS oekaki since joining.
    Yeah, usually before I start a drawing I look at a page or two of the board I'm drawing on, or whenever I'm not doing anything I like to flip through several pages and just see the art.
    I know my record here isn't amazing, but this is the site I basically grew up on and I would really like to help out. The oekaki is my favorite part of this site and basically the only place I am active anymore.
    I also believe the skills I gain moderating and working on a team on this site would be helpful for my own life, and I think that I can bring some new and possibly helpful ideas to the team and CS in general.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
  • I am quite familiar with the CS oekaki and its functions(and issues), so I can offer solutions to problems one may have with the program, and I have the patience to explain rules and the like to confused and/or frustrated people.
  • I do not get stressed out easily over rudeness or hate over the internet and I maintain a good amount of separation between my real life and life on CS - I avoid letting a bad day at school affect my decisions online and vice versa.
  • I am able to pick up what I have to do for jobs fairly well, and I am prompt with doing things I need to do unless I'm very busy.
Anyways, thank you in advance for your time, and I hope you will consider me!
-Foxbelle
Last edited by plum on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hello
call me plum

i do commissions for USD, list pets, and dA points
sorry, i'm not interested in art trades or c$

my typing is inconsistent and i do Not care
plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marmoset » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Would turning 16 this year count as being at least 16 ?
ON FULL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
╔═══════════════════════╗
Image Image Image Image
Used to be Marmoset
<--- Left Sorbet art by Lilelith
JBDs|tumblr|YouTube|dA|Ask.fm
╚═══════════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
Marmoset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oliverstorm » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:32 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
December 24 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Usually every day, unless something comes up.

Two to four, usually.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
Sorry, but I haven't before. But I'm the owner of a few RPs.

Oh yeah, tons of time! I draw art for people all the time, and I'm really good at working with the Oekaki programs. My first art was in 2011.

Yes. In Beginner's Oekaki, usually after I post my art, I'll just look through. Mostly I see Ponysonas though, and new artists trying out the board for the first time. But I love looking at the Intermediate and Advanced art, can't wait till I can post there.

Eh, I don't know. I guess I've been wanting to join the CS staff for a long time. I've applied for several other things but I guess I didn't put enough heart into them, or there were more qualified people for the job. Art is kind of my calling, and I'd love to have a kind of 'job' that goes with my passion since in real life, I'm probably not going to be able do what I want.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I've been using the Oekaki program for a long time. Two or three years, I guess. I've helped give a few pointers to some people who ask.
Spirit10 and I are partners, we use the same internet!!

Good Omens.

that is all.
Oliverstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:40 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?
    I joined Chicken Smoothie on Friday 30th of October 2009.

2.How many posts have you made in the forum?
    As of this post, 13,328 posts and counting

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    What do you mean by visit? I live on here! Im online everyday and it's incredibly rare if I am not on for atleast a couple of hours. I am always searching through the many many pages throughout the forum and clenching my boredom with the oekaki forum, whether that be drawing or just looking at artworks from other users!

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    The minimal hours I spend online would be 2 hours and that is only if I have something else to do. I can spend entire days online, which happens very very often and if there is nothing to post or comment on I generally turn to oekaki to spend my boredom on artworks and commissions. The average amount of hours I spend online would be around 4 or 5 but this varies between 2 - 10 possibly more, depending on the day. But I am most certainly online a lot, everyday, for hours on end...

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before?
    I have run my own forum which sadly failed due to my inexperience. I have also been a moderator on another site which was called 'Paws'. I do not believe this site is still running as it hit a halt and did not continue to run from my understanding. I have moderated many threads here on CS and would be incredibly privileged to join the CS team. Threads that I have/currently moderate are; Silver Arrow Equestrian Sim, Wild Mountain Equid Interactive Sim, Gift Of Art and more.

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    All the time! I love oekaki and know it back to front, front to back! I currently have 1708 drawings on oekaki.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    I do quite often actually! I enjoy seeing what masterpieces have been created and what species are available. I often look at the popular images for the weeks and the weekly challenge images!

8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    Not only am I available almost all the time, I am more than happy to spend even more time helping the site. I've applied for this position before but was unsuccessful and for good reason! At the time there was some fantastic applicants who were very much deserving of their positions. But I am hoping this time I am that fantastic applicant so I can help and inspire the users online to use oekaki even better than they can now just by understanding the program and understanding about referencing and all that jazz!

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position;
    I have a vast knowledge of the program and use it an incredible amount. Meaning any questions that users bring to me will be answered swiftly and correctly. I have plenty of experience with peer mediation as well, and bringing anything but a bloody end to an argument which I believe is an incredible asset that this position can use. I am a very friendly and outgoing personality and can befriend almost anyone within minutes, which can be an amazing asset with dealing with conflict. I always have a unbiased opinion on arguments and try my best to help everyone come to an agreement where they will come to an understanding. While at school I was apart of quite a large group where there was a lot of arguments/fights. I did not involve myself immediately just for the fun of it, but when necessary I was able to end their arguments and everyone would always return to being friends. Another attribute I can bring to this position is the amount of time I am available. Being online so much allows me to have a greater chance at being useful and being able to help more users.
Last edited by Oddly Shaded on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me