GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby {A Dream Is A Wish} » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:07 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:12 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 19,481
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I don't mind, based on what I currently study not to much will phase me ... ever ... believe me, I've eaten immediately after dissecting a freshly euthanized specimen.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I get on CS ever day, the only times I don't get on are when I'm traveling back and forth from home.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It depends on the day, if it's a weekend I will likely be on 5+ hours in a row, if its a weekday I am usually on between 3 & 5+ hours, usually it is broken up though, and it depends on how much I need to do.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have, but they have since been deleted because they became inactive... I am however in the process of creating another website.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I think it would be a good experience, I am on the site often, and everyone in real life that I've talked to or have needed letters or anything from has said that I am very responsible and precise. I have created and run several RP sites before *sadly none still exist*, I have moderated and been an administrator on several, I have been told that I am responsible and helpful, and I have one other example, but I believe it would be against the CS rule on sharing personal information :S <however I will say that it was something school related that only 9 out of 250+ students got chosen for>
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I speak Italian pretty well, and am usually extremely organized. I was considered for a certain <very select, only 40 of the 120 or so people> job that my current school offered <sadly failing a class caused them to make me drop out :C ...>. I am never unkind to anyone, and I try to help people whenever they need it.
I HAVE QUIT THE SITE AND WILL.NOT. BE COMING BACK ON, HOWEVER, IF YOU NEED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME PM MY FRIEND CIERRA (a link to her profile is located under the message). WE ARE FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE AND WE LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE SO I CAN ALWAYS ANSWER YOU FROM THERE IF YOU NEED :)

A link to my friends profile => Cierra Hope
{A Dream Is A Wish}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) March 2011 was my official joining date.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 6690.
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) Yes, I am very used to dealing with that sort of inappropriate behaviour on a daily basis and am old enough and willing to perform moderator duties even if this arises.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week on average
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On days when I have classes it is less than usual though I still access CS on my mobile, tablet and computer for at least 4 hours, more so on free days and weekends.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No I have not moderated on other forums. My only moderator experience is thread mods here on CS.
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to be a moderator so that CS is a safe environment for everyone to enjoy. I personally can't stand rudeness or vulgarity and would not want any other user to be on the receiving end of such. I would like to make everyone aware of the CS rules of conduct and be able to help those if they require it. I also would want to curb things such as nastiness, spam and art theft that appear so that everyone can have a happy and welcoming experience.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I have developed good peer mediating and emotion-diffusing skills with the training I've had in my life and I have had experience with peer mediation online and in person. I am able to be professional and calm in a situation that can turn ugly towards people and am able to come to some sort of resolution for the persona I am dealing with. I also am fluent in French and can communicate very well (albeit a tad broken) in it.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Sup y'all. I'm just a person
stumbling through life and
trying to adult as best I can.
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WMEs-DAMs-Chrys-GSAs-SMWs-Thread

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angel Daiyu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:26 am

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: December 15th, 2009
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3163 before posting here, and it climbs higher up every day
  3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I'm without a doubt old enough and willing to take that risk if it means helping to make CS a better place.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I'm on here every single day with no exceptions (this is my all-time favorite site to go on)
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend 4 or more hours per day depending on my work schedule in real life (on extremely rare occasions it's less than that)
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Chibi Park and Lynxl, as well as creating and governing my own threads and have been given permission to "mini-mod" on several threads before.
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Because it would be an amazing experience and almost a dream come true; I wish to use my skills to help make CS a better place to be, and know I can do so in a calm, fair, and mature fashion
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I can handle being put under a lot of stress over various matters and can always manage to find a way to resolve any issue on good terms, regardless of how bad the situation is

And I have a quick question to ask as well that's relating to this:
Let's say that hypothetically I get hired as a global mod... would I be able to release batches/items every now and again, or can only the official artists do so? I wanna make sure I clear that up before anything else lol ^___^;
Leaving as soon as my pets are all gone.
This place has literally nothing to make me want to stay.
If you wish to find me and see my art, go to angeldaiyu.deviantart.com
Angel Daiyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 am

Anna Vanity wrote:-snip-

And I have a quick question to ask as well that's relating to this:
Let's say that hypothetically I get hired as a global mod... would I be able to release batches/items every now and again, or can only the official artists do so? I wanna make sure I clear that up before anything else lol ^___^;

The position is to be a moderator, not an artist. While other staff occasionally make pets as well, it's not a very common occurrence.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaypatts » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 pm.
    How many posts have you made in the forum?:
    7191, 7192 upon this post.
    Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    Yes, I shall be very mature about the content from the spambots.
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Every day. I'm Addicted. If I cannot get on my computer, I use my iPod touch or my phone.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    Pretty much around 5 or 6 on Monday, 6 on Tuesday 7 on Wednesday and 9 on Thursday. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday I am on from 10-20 hours.
    Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them?:
    Yes, I have.
    Jellyfishies-
    viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1512012&hilit=jellyfishies

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
    Well first of all, CS means so much to me. Becoming a staff member would be so amazing to me because I would actually be looked at. I am always blown off whenever I post. People don't seem to like me e.e But I am super friendly. I also want to make sure that CS is a safe environment for most ages. Posting adult content needs to be blocked, and I would love to block it! And I want to make sure that the younger users of the site do not have to experience the content, as it could ruin childhood for them.Many people say I am quite responsible and very organized. I feel I could be fitting for the job, but I would like to early congratulate whoever wins this honor.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
    Yes, I know I haven't been on here for long, but my friends say that I am soothing, And I can speak German, Spanish and French. I would reply quickly so that I could do my job correctly, and being a Moderator on this would just mean so much to me. I spend all my free time on CS. I also have had experience with art theft.
Last edited by kaypatts on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bnha. | haikyuu.
death note. | kny.
horimiya. | re:zero.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
tumblr
disc: kaypatts#9999
twitter
©
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
★ ★ ★
gemini
esfj
3w2
Image Image
kaypatts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 am

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4320

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am old enough and those things don't bother me.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I try to log on every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? A few hours a day normally. I can be on longer if needed weekdays between 8 AM and 3 PM. Monday and Wednesday it would be 11 AM - 3 PM my time because I have school during the morning hours. I also log on in the evenings, when I have time and on the weekends.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I was a mod on Misticpets.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would love to help CS grow and help clean up the forums. Often times when I see spam, I wish I could just move it myself.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I have been a mod before.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jasmine the Kat » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 am

I have a question before I fill out the form. I haven't had this account for eight months, however I have role played on my older sisters' accounts before. Three of them are molly-sue and Snow Eevee and nightwillow15 and they've been official members for far longer than I am, so does that count towards the eight months? I only made my own account because they both quit when life got too difficult.
Hey guys so... wow... I never thought I'd be doing this but I am quitting Chicken Smoothie. For one, I don't really have the time for it. And for another, I'll be entering college in the Fall and getting Work Study so yeah... I won't have any time to focus on this. However, my cousin is joining CS so I hope my friends will give her a warm, CS welcome. Her name is Miko Fuzz-Muffin. She is getting all of my good pets, as in the 2010, 2009, and 2008 pets but everything else, unless she wants them, are up for grabs. Anyway, bye for now ^_^
Jasmine the Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 am

I joined CS on the 18th of June 2011.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
At this time my current number of posts is 11483. 11484 counting this one.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
I am and perfectly fine with seeing and dealing with adult content.
I'm on everyday.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
My average time spent on this site per day is roughly between 3 to 6 hours. Give or take the few days where things are going on in my personal life.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have not moderated on any forums. I do have experience moderating individual threads on various websites. I also have experience moderating role-play events and group gatherings on games such as World of Warcraft.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
This is a hard question. Not because i can't find a reason to want to be a moderator but because I'm finding it difficult to put the words together to explain this. Being a moderator to me isn't about popularity or getting the position to tell people what is allowed and what is not. It's about helping the community and making sure this site is welcoming to all users. Assisting users and being that necessary unbiased third party whose there to simply work out and resolve an argument two or more people. That is why I want to be a moderator, to help a community that has helped me in many ways.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have experience resolving fights involving children (ages 12 years and up) to adults(18-49+). This is one of the things I do every time I log onto any games or threads I do moderating or have been given the job to do so in a guild. I have learned to control my temper and remain polite and respectful in hostile environments even when the fire gets pointed at me. I don't let anything get under my skin or bother me, after the things people have thrown at me its hard to get to me or egg me on.

Postby Naira » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:42 am

It was 31st of January, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
With this one, they would be 5771
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, i am old enough, i don't have any problems.
Actually, i come online everyday.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I am busy on Mondays (around 5+ hours) and Fridays. On the rest of the days, mostly Weekends i spend around 8-10 hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes, i help in Cerestes's Plushie Thread (Like a mini-mod), i am mostly at the Introductions and CS Help, Suggestions and Problems, but watch the other forums to help too. I am Admin of a Dreamie Place, My Artshops, The General Role-player's club, Trades and Contests. I tried to help a few times in AAN (Adopt a Newbie) Thread, but there are mods in there. I moderate on the Hoard Helpers and few other Threads, which i will link below. (What can i say? I am everywhere!)
Dreamie Place, Cerestes's Place, Adopt a Antlered Guardians of Destera, My own Adoptables, GRPG and many others. I am sorry, i can't find more links at the moment.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Well, my personal opinion is, that on a Family site, no one would like to see his kids, (Or him/her self) witnessing something not for their age, or other players breaking other site rules rules, which may work out an unfortunate way. Lately i have noticed some people posting, that someone was pretty rude to them, that's not fair or good at all. I would like to keep the forums clean from spam, harassment/bullying, inappropriate content and all the other stuff against the CS Rules. As i am willing to help Newbies, answer help tickets and cover all the Forums, since i have much time in hand. I wasn't an official Mod in other sites out of CS, but i watch their job, their actions, reactions and actually was taking practices with some site makes. I think i will handle this, i fell in love with CS and can't take myself off of it, so i would be happy to help!
Oh! And i answer in the '' How much is this worth n C$ Thread!''
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I am a pretty smart and mature person, who likes reading, writing, drawing and keeping his stuff going smoothly. Actually i speak a few other languages. (Bulgarian, English, Japanese, Russian and Spanish). I keep up with everything, i am not from the type of people, who argue, are being rude or think that solve a problem by affecting others. My actions are always calmly made, i am pretty friendly, respectful with the other people's opinion and would like to apply because nothing is perfect, but most of the problems have solution, which can't be found with yelling or arguing. About the Peer Meditation, as long as i know it's practicing in feeling equal with everybody around and help them do that. So,i don't split people in categories like intelligence or age. I try to calm down fighting (with yelling) people so peace flows around like most of the people like it. The opposite is just wrong and i don't support people who do that. Responsibility and the friendliness are one of my biggest pluses.
I think my experience and knowledge in the game and the stuff i said upper on this post, will bring a lot on CS and for me too.

Thank you for your time and consideration! c: Good luck guys!
Last edited by Naira on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

If you need help with something on CS, you can use the help system OR ask me!

TradesCharactersNew dAArt Shop{closed}GRP Club!Helpful Guide
Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Skully Custom Art, By Fitch <3...Custom Skully, by TheCalicoTabby
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:45 am

Jasmine the Kat wrote:I have a question before I fill out the form. I haven't had this account for eight months, however I have role played on my older sisters' accounts before. Three of them are molly-sue and Snow Eevee and nightwillow15 and they've been official members for far longer than I am, so does that count towards the eight months? I only made my own account because they both quit when life got too difficult.

No, they won't. They go by the account you are on.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!