Roleplay Moderators - Applications closed! Now choosing.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! (age 16+)

Postby changed » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:18 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
I joined Chickensmoothie on August 30th, 2011 at 4:39pm.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I have currently made, at the time of making this post: six thousand, nine hundred and thirty-five posts on chickensmoothie. :)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I vist the site everyday. On weekdays i'm usually on from four pm until around ten thirty pm. But on weekdays i'm on all day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I am a co owner on my friends site, roleplayingnetwork. And i also own my own Tumblr roleplay, Waterside academy. Both of these sites are just getting started though.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
Yes i have. I roleplay on tumblr a lot, my favorite one being Exchange rp. I also roleplay on Warriorcatsrpg.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, i have. I spend most of my time on Chickensmoothie roleplaying.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I just love this site, and i just want to give something back. That is my main reason. Another reason is that I've made lots of friends on this site, and because of all the love i have for these people, it's making me just want to give the creators of this site something back, as a thank you for all of the kindness and friends that I've made... All because of them. One of my friends is helping me try and make myself feel better about myself whenever i feel down.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I run my own roleplays, and because of this, i know how to manage things. I am a leader of people in real, and because of this, i know how to do things so people like me, and respect what i have to say. Most people who i know in real say that i am a good person to lead things, and isn't shy of saying what i want to say. And i suppose that's a good thing. People who i work with tell me that i am a good roleplayer, and i think that will help me in this job.
Come back and tell me why
I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time, oh, oh, oh
And meet me there tonight
And let me know that it's not all in my mind

I just wanna know you better know you better know you better now
I just wanna know you know you know you

'Cause all I know is we said "Hello"
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name
Everything has changed
All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

All I know is we said "Hello"
So dust off your highest hopes
All I know is pouring rain and everything has changed
All I know is the new found grace
All my days I know your face
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

changed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pangali » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:36 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed Jan 26, 2011
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1502
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?: I usually visit everyday,for a minimum of 30 mins but up to 3 hours on somedays. It really depends whether I have any exams the next day or if I am volunteering that night (I volunteer at a doggie day care centre).
4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: My friend and I used to have a forum but it no longer exists.
5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them: No
6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: Yes , but i find them hard to get into unless I start them. I havent been in any recently because I have been doing lots of coursework for school, but thats all done now.
7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: I have always wanted to be a moderator or general helper since I first joined the site. I like helping people and giving out advice. I want to help make the site a nicer place for everyone and stop people posting unsuitable content.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?); I ran a forum with my friend but it wasnt very successful. Two years ago I was a mentor for the younger pupils at my school, helping them fit in e.t.c. I am also good with computers, I am doing a GCSE in IT.
I am mature and can easily deal with people who are deliberatley causing trouble without getting annoyed with them. Generally I am very oppinionated person, so I am good at getting my point across in a calm manner.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? "- Albus Dumbledore

Pangali

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luxray; » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I visit CS every day, unless I have something big going on, but that's rare, and I usually can spend at least three or four hours a day c:
4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes, but many of them have been smaller things and died within a few months by not enough visitors :c
5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
Not that many, I love CS's kind community that is hard to find.
6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, very many [lol]
7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I want to be able to help out my favorite site, and have been wanting to be a help to some of my younger friends on the site, because I love to help people!
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have been a tutor at my high school before, so I am paitent and helping, I am very mature and I have tried to run a forum, but to no avail.
luxray;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saorsa- » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:47 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)

A: Friday Jan. 21st, 2011 at 10:58 pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

A: 13,412 posts made so far.

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?

A: You can usually find me on CS seven days a week. It's very rare that I go a day without getting on to at least check up on threads and bump my trade topics. I can spend anywhere from 3-6 hours on CS (that's on the computer alone), depending on my schoolwork, my job and other things. As always, my life will have to come first - but I'm pretty good and saving time for CS. And even when I can't spend tons of time on the computer, I have my phone. When I am busy, I tend to access CS from my phone. I have it with/near me 24 hours a day. :)

4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

A: Nope.

5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.

A: I first started roleplay almost 4 years ago on Foopets. I've been addicted ever since. xD Most of them were wolf packs or horse herds. Unfortunately - as you might know - Foopets deleted their roleplay forums before becoming a pay to play site, so I no longer have access to them. But, as on here, my username was Silversky- so some people might remember me from Foo.

6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?

A: Almost too many to count. I started roleplaying again not long after joining. Although they've never gotten that far, I've enjoyed all of my roleplays on here immensely. Over time I began to work on becoming more of a literate roleplayer, and I am a member of the Semi-Lit & Literate Roleplayer's club. I'm usually more active in roleplays during the summer, as I have more time to dedicate to them, but currently I'm in a couple of small group/ 1x1 roleplays. In addition to participating in roleplays on CS, I've created my fair share of them as well.

7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?

A: For quite some time now, roleplaying has been a big part of my life. Not only has it helped improve my writing skills, but I've made several good friends in the course of roleplaying on here. I was devastated when Foopets deleted their roleplaying boards. Although there might have been other reasons behind the deleting of it, the users were told it was because there were too many rule-breakers and the content was getting ugly. I'd absolutely hate to see anything like that happen here. So I'd like to help keep the boards clean. I'm dedicated to keeping the roleplay boards child-friendly, clean and peaceful.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

A: While I've created (two? I think) roleplay sites, they've never gotten very far. But for a while I was participating in a roleplay site that a couple of my friends from Foo created to preserve one of their most successful roleplays. But it's been a while (and I do mean a while - 2+ years) since I've posted there and I no longer remember the name of the site, nor do I have it bookmarked.
    I'm a naturally laid-back person, and don't usually get in fights. I tend to be the mediator between my friends when they argue. I'm not squeamish when it comes to dealing with inappropriate content, either.
    But other than the fact that I've roleplayed for 3+ years, and my easy going personality, I can't really think of anything else.
Last edited by saorsa- on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
“𝒯𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝑜𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓈𝒽, 𝑅𝒽𝓎𝓈."

“𝒯𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝓁𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓃— 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝓈𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹.”
saorsa-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moon gem » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:59 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply):Jul 21, 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply):21977
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?:Everyday, unless I am away or sick. In that case there will be an update in my signature. And I spend anywhere from 2-5 hours online during normal weekdays and 3-6 hours on weekends.
4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Frazzledchickens.freeforums.com(admin), I will get you a few more examples. Most of the sites I have roleplayed on have since died or are not active anymore.
5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.:In some of the equestrian centers on Howrse.com
6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?:Yes, I am currently active in a few roleplays at the moment,
7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: I have a bunch of spare time on my hands at the moment. I am also very used to the roleplaying forums, and rules. I have done many roleplays in my days on chickensmoothie and know the content that should/should not be in posts for roleplays. I constantly look around the roleplaying forums and peak in and out of roleplays to see what they are about. I spend a good ammount of my time on chickensmoothie not doing much so having something to do that goes along with my interests would give me something to do and also give me the ability to help out the other staff members as well as other chickensmoothie members.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I have run a few roleplaying websites before. They have since been deactivated though. I am used to the set of of the roleplaying forums and the rules that go along with them. I also speak French, and a bit of German.
Last edited by moon gem on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

she/her • i love stars & ur flowers
lesbian • feel free to message me just to chat!
moon gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadies » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:19 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
I registered on July 30th 2011 at 3:39 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
22906 in total, pretty much all of these are on roleplay.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
Everyday, I spend all my spare time on CS, I normally get on my computer at 6pm and stay on until at least 9-10pm. I also come online when I have free time in collage (I live in the UK so you have to be at least 16 to attend college) and then also I go online on my phone.

Never, I wish to.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
I used to roleplay on FooPets, which is where I discovered roleplay, that was a long time ago however I had to leave when tehy started charging. I roleplayed on Wajas for a while however that has recently stopped being so popular there and so I do not roleplay there anymore however I still have some links: Pirates Of Caribbean (was and still is the longest roleplay on Wajas ) and Nightlore County Vampires (Sadly never got started due to having computer errors for a long while). I did roleplay on some other threads however can't seem to find them as Wajas has no search bar.

Lots, I spend most my time on the roleplay section.

I love to roleplay and very much to often see people breaking the site rules. I would like to be able to educate people about the site rules in order to ensure everyone on CS is happy and to make the site child friendly. I would like to be able to stop people from fighting over roleplays on CS as I and many others have witnessed and been upset by seeing people arguing over roleplays when these arguments can be avoided.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
- Firstly I have a clear understanding of the site and roleplay rules. I understand what is expected of me and other members and realize why they are important to the site.
- I am generally good at sorting out arguments between people, I often do this a lot when my friends fall out and it almost always seems to work out okay in the end.
- I am brilliant at working what I say, I have been informed many times that my skills of working writing is very good and that I am good at putting across my opinions and what is correct without making it personal.
- I work in a kennels and often get left in-charge of the kennels and a few of the members of staff who work with me, this has taught me good people skills when working with people of different personalities (for example I am have had to deal with angry people and people who are really upset about leaving their pets), I have learnt to take on a leadership role but also I have developed confidence in this role. I have also learnt good patients which is often important when interacting with people.
- I have owned and run many role-plays before, I still do have a few which I enjoy.

Thank you for reading.
Mind Over Matter
Last edited by Sadies on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WindO » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:28 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
; June 5th 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
; 3208 after this post
; Everyday for at least 7 hours, I am a stay at home girl for now
; No, sorry
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. ; And betray my beloved CS?! I would never!
; Tons
; Sounds fun! And I don't really care near as much about pets and stuff as much as ROLEPLAYING!!!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position

(this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

Well, I have hosted 1 rp that is still going, almost 400 pgs. I also speak Italian and a little Japanese x3
Last edited by WindO on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
WindO wrote:"Sometimes the door is shut, so you know it is
the time to open the window of opportunity!"
WindO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyguy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 am

[/b]What date did you register as a CS member?:[/b] January 3rd 2012. I lost the username and password to my old account, and originally I joined in somewhere in 2009.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 593 posts, and I know for sure that every single one is on role plays. Deep down I know that's a million times yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?: All the time I have on a weekend. Pretty much every minute of the day, but on weekdays I go to University so I go on it all the time I can.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No, I haven't.
Have you participated in many role plays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them: I go on very much so it will probably take me a long time to list them all.
Have you participated in many role plays on CS before?: Oh yeah, I'm a member of quite a few role plays. I go on everyday looking to see if anybody has replied.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: I'm never been one before, and I'd like to protect the environment. It seems if I were to be, I would be in a very special position and would take care of the role play forums. There are a lot of reasons why, mostly because I love role plays and everything to do with them.
Image Image
skyguy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby star note » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 am

Quick question!

Is 16 the age limit for ALL mods? Not just roleplay mods? Its my biggest C.S dream to become a general helper because I love to help as much as I can, so I was just wondering. :)
star note

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smamm » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:55 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
      Monday June 22, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Generally I am on every day for about 3-5 hours on average.

I've moderated on a number of pro boards websites before, alongside owning a handful. However, it's been quite awhile, so I don't have access to the forums anymore (and it's likely they're deleted anyhow).

Yes, I have at proboards. ^^ I don't have the links anymore, sadly. There's a new forum made by some CS members that I was invited to attend, Awesome Sauce. I did join, but i haven't roleplayed there yet.

Yes! Many roleplays. ^^ Everything from realistic animals, to fantasy animals, as well as fantasy humanoid and realistic human roleplays. I've seen it all! ^^ I've not only participated, but I've created a handful my own here and there (excluding 1x1 role-plays).
      I enjoy plotting and coming up with ideas, and so I also took over the Semi-Literate+ Roleplayers Club a little bit ago. There Semi-Literate+ CS roleplayers are able to come together and share ideas and roleplays, as well as make friends and chatter about writing-related things. I'm also involved in a roleplay tutoring school, Illiterate to Literate. There I help with developing roleplayers who wish to reach a higher level of roleplay (better description, grammar, spelling, flow, and etc.) by critiquing their work and offering up suggestions and ideas in the form of games. I also help with developing plots/ideas and realistic characters there. It's proven to be progressive and enjoyable, and I hope to be a part of similar ideas in the future!

I want to be more involved in the CS community; someone to help answer questions and solve any issues that may pop up here and there. There are many jobs to apply for on CS, but roleplaying is close to the only thing I do around here, and most (if not all) of my friends on CS have been made through roleplay; so naturally I can only see myself being a roleplay moderator. I'm quite devoted to the roleplaying community, as well as roleplay and writing in itself (I've been roleplaying/writing for about six years now, so I suppose you could call it a passion of mine).
      While keeping CS a safe and enjoyable place to roleplay around, I love seeing all the users pushing themselves outside of their comfort zone and striving toward a higher level of writing. I'd like to be able to try and develop higher level roleplayers around the forum, as well as help share some amazing ideas some of our most creative minds around here come up with. I'd love to be able to contribute more, and improve the roleplaying around here; not just in the sense of improving the writing level, but keeping it that safe, clean place to roleplay without running into inappropriate material.
      CS is a family geared website, and that means our older users need to keep things clean for the younger users, but I've seen a number of time users fighting this. With that said, I do come across some things from time to time, and I'd like to be able to help out! I want to see CS stay a safe place for users of all ages to browse.
      While I have been involved in other proboards roleplay websites, none of them lasted long. I think it would be a rewarding experience to be a part of a long lasting website such as CS, and one that I'd really like to experience.

My heavy involvement in the roleplay community as of now has created some strong connections. I've gotten to know many different types of personalities, as well as deal with them in a number of different situations. Things between users are going to happen, and I feel I am well versed in peer mediation. I deal with this almost daily; whether it be with users here (via PM or on a chat board), or out there in the real world in class, at work, or just out and about. People are always clashing heads, and sometimes it escalates to the point where someone needs to step in. I've had experience in doing so online, even here on CS. Being the leader of the Semi-Literate+ Club, I've dealt with angry users before, as well as those who don't follow the rules. With that said, I'm able to talk with these users (and just others in general) without being rude despite what is said toward me or others. Even if I have had complications with a user in the past, I'm generally a rather forgiving person and am able to look past things and give people benefit of the doubt. I'm unable to hold a grudge, and a simple apology (or recognition of wrong) goes a long way (just as I hope when I am in the wrong that a heartfelt apology will help settle things), so long as the issue was not incredibly severe.
      I'm able to see both sides of an issue (I'm unbiased), and I know that I can make versed decisions to solve problems. Again, being involved in the Semi-Literate+ Club, I've had to solve issues between users and myself or other users.
      I've already begun to try and help improve the roleplay around here, giving support to those who deserve/need it, and advice to those few trying desperately to improve. I plan on continuing this, and I'd love the opportunity to do so.
Last edited by Smamm on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Smamm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me