Applications Open for "Fanart Archivist" position

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications Open for "Fanart Archivist" position

Postby Oliverstorm » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi! I'm .: Death the Kid:.! .3. I recently changed my username from Oliverstorm. (The silly icon smiley appears whenever I try to not use the space between the period and colon, so I have to put that space there XD )

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?:

Well, on a school day I usually stay from 3:00 PM to maybe 9-10 PM (6-7 hours). Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. I may take 20 minute breaks to practice my instrument, the bass. But, on weekends with no sleepovers, I am usually on from 6 AM-11 PM (17 hours .3.). With a sleepover with firewolf98, I get about the same time, maybe only an hour less. And with silverstarangel, about an average of, like, 24 hours XD

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:

Every single day. I argue with my parents to stay on longer if I can XD Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. But even so, in the mornings I sneak on my DSi and keep up with my 1x1s and trades.

Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?:

I would love to be a fanart archivist because my hours allow me to have lots of free time. I always have spare time on my hands, and there's never a time when I wouldn't love to be on Chicken Smoothie. And I love looking at the lovely art that my fellow users have come up with. I appreciate their skills because I can't do digital art myself. I do traditional, so not a lot of people know about my art style here on Chicken Smoothie.

Back on topic, I'd just love to organize. I don't like messes that much, I like things neat and tidy. (As of right now, my room is a huge mess I need to sort XD) But I never get time to organize because I'm either on CS or doing something with my friends. I have always loved the feeling of flying through the forums, being able to navigate with ease, and having a part to sort with maybe a partner or two would feel absolutely amazing.

Thanks, I hope that you choose the best person for the job! If I don't get the job, there is always next time.

~.:Death the Kid:.
Last edited by Oliverstorm on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit10 and I are partners, we use the same internet!!

Good Omens.

that is all.
Oliverstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: Well over eight hours, usually.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every single day.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I love looking at CS fanart (or art in general; I spend a lot of my time in the Oekaki boards just looking at the amazing pieces people do), and I've contributed a lot of my own - I've had to make a small part in my own gallery thread for it because it's growing a little out of control. For all of the time spent on CS, there's still a large part between answering questions on the Help boards, surfing the adoption agencies and doing art that I could spend actually being useful. I'm also pretty organized and somewhat obsessive with the arrangement of files and photos - so the gallery would always be up to date, in order, clean and easy to look at.
As an artist well-versed in copyrights and such due to my studies, I've also got a sharp eye for what is copyright infringement and what isn't, and I have no qualms about reporting things if they break the rules, though there are times that I make mistakes - but they're typically on the "too strict" side rather than the "too lax", which may be an asset, as I'm less likely to put up questionable content if or until it's been reviewed and deemed alright (which, because of certain living arrangements, is usually a pretty fast process). I never want to make a fool out of others, least of all a site that I take quite seriously and spend a very large portion of my life on.

Editing to add this: I work at a library, so I'm very used to different sorting methods, and I can get used to using many different levels of organization when needed. c: I don't think that'll be too much of an issue here, all things considered, but that info's there for you to do with as you wish.
Last edited by Desmond on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Toxi+Bbun wrote:
Quick question, are merged accounts allowed to apply?

-Toxi

Yep but if for example that you want the job and Bbun doesn't, then you can apply but if you get the job only you will have access to the fan archive, not Bbun
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liliette » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 pm

on the weekends I spend most of the day, up to about 5 hours XD the most was 17 hours. eue
everyday, if not every few days
Because I always like to help when it's needed, nothing much more. I also like to look at pictures in the oekaki, especially cs fan art ^^
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oliverstorm » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I also have a question.
Is there a particular length you'd prefer?
Like, if you'd like a long detailed one, or a quick basic one you can skim over?

~Oliverstorm
Spirit10 and I are partners, we use the same internet!!

Good Omens.

that is all.
Oliverstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MegaCherrio » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:46 pm

It usually depends on how much homework I have, but since I'm not too old I don't get very much yet. I think I can stay on CS from about 1 - 4 hours on weekdays. I can spend the whole day, maybe 4 - 6 hours on the weekend if I am not too busy. I usually have plenty of time for CS.

Everyday of the week. I would get on later at night or early the next morning if I have too much homework one night.

I love all the art on the "CS Fanart/Poems/Stories" thread. I am an active enthusiast loving to see new art of the CS pets. I always look at every picture and every post even if I don't comment much. I love to read and draw as well and love to see others art. They are always so creative and everyone has a special style of their own. I love art and know basic HTML. I love coding and organizing threads/creating layouts. I think being a fanart archivist would be great opportunity to stretch my HTML skills (if it's required) and I will be able to see many of the art our very creative members are creating! I always love to help and have plenty of time on my hands most days.
..click for DA.. click for tumblr.. click for ask .. my chars..

i'm more active on other sites during the school year :)
MegaCherrio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilovemy3cats » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:49 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: uhm....depending on the day i spend roughly 7 to 8 hours on CS daily (more so on the week ends)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: if only there were 8 days a week...(all 7)
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: it would be some thing very cool for me to do and i for one am very organized with my computer although i need spell check from time to time.
ilovemy3cats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liru Kaulitz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Usually 3-8

All 7, all the time. c:

I think this is another amazing oppertunity to help out the CS community. I haven't been very active on the Fanart board before, though I have written a few stories about CS and drawn a few pieces of art for it as well. It would be a nice job I would take very seriously and be very devoted too. I know basic coding so that could probably help me out on the job. I have been an archievest for a few adoptable topics and I've greatly enjoyed doing so. I don't know what would be better than a great oppertunity to help out while doing something I love! And plus, it would be so nice to be able to see everyone's works! I am a supporter of all the arts. I draw, traditionally and digitally, I write stories, and I also will often write poems. It would be fun for me to be abe to not only organize these pieces but view and look over each one. Since I'm experienced in most types of the fanarts I could always be there to give help or information as well as doing the job.

Well, thanks for the oppertunity to help out, Tess! Thanks to everyone reading my form, and I wish you all the best of luck! <3
Liru Kaulitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Steffi. » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:50 pm

It depends. On weekdays, depending on homework and after-school activities, it ranges from two to eight. On weekends and holidays, I can go to ten or more.

Seven. More if I can. ;P

Well, the main reason is because I love the fanart posted here on CS. I don't post on the fanart thread very often, but I have never skipped a page or any one drawing. I love people's different interpretations on pets, seeing which ones they like, which ones they collect art of. I even find the writings very beautiful, especially since writing is something I am much better with than drawing. I have also wanted to help on Chicken Smoothie practically since I joined. I don't think I would be suited for a job like an artist or even a moderator, but I know can do archiving. I'm a very organized and efficient person, and I have done archiving before, for both my own personal uses and for other people's businesses so to speak. Plus, so long as my teachers decide not to completely bombard me with homework, I have enough time every day to keep the archive updated. It would really be an honour to be chosen as the archivist.
Steffi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh boy, around five hours on any given day, though it can be up to twelve hours on certain days.
      Everyday, regardless of the day. I'm somewhat addicted. I didn't know what to do with myself when CS's server broke down back in July, was it? I stared at my computer refreshing the page for multiple hours.
      I've always wanted to contribute to the CS community in some way, and this is the exact kind of thing I love doing! Keeping things organized has always been something I'm fond of. Whether it be keeping track of roleplay member lists to keeping track of a comic's fanbase and art, I'm all over it. I love finding innovative new ways to keep track of things, and am addicted to updating things to make sure they're perfect. I'm typically very responsible and capable of these things. Something with so much potential for being great, such as a gallery of Chickensmoothie fanart should be done right and taken seriously. I've learned to deal with people if that ever becomes a problem for some reason, but for the most part it is my love of organizing that brings me here, posting this form. I often even find myself refreshing the homepage like a maniac for the sake of seeing activity and lurking, so I see a lot of art coming and going, I'd be glad to keep track of it!
    allergic to my own existence
    why am i still here?
    ┐(’~`;)┌

KEYO
    ═════
    ⬝ pre-vet neuroscience
    & exotic vet tech

Discord: keyode
Keero

My pets
My items
My wishlist