Equine Transformation - the special PPS lines

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Equine Transformation - the special PPS lines

Postby Unseen~Before » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:02 am

wibeke wrote: Demanding that they create even more linearts when we already have a perfectly good set of horse lines is pretty unreasonable.

I don't think making whole new ones was unreasonable. I suppose, it does take a lot of effort, but I really appreciate that they are making new lines. It's a wonderful compromise. We still get 'unique' lines, and the old lines are taken away. Win-win for both sides.

Doesn't really matter now, they are making new lines, and that is that. I'm quite happy about it. Technically, CS is a business, and they want to please it's customers, so, if making new lines is what the majority of people would appreciate it, then it's not unreasonable, it's smart. Keeping their customers happy.
"This is how the world will end. Not with a bang, but with a whimper."
Unseen~Before

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RavenclawHobbit » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 am

Enhanced wrote:
wibeke wrote: Demanding that they create even more linearts when we already have a perfectly good set of horse lines is pretty unreasonable.

I don't think making whole new ones was unreasonable. I suppose, it does take a lot of effort, but I really appreciate that they are making new lines. It's a wonderful compromise. We still get 'unique' lines, and the old lines are taken away. Win-win for both sides.

Doesn't really matter now, they are making new lines, and that is that. I'm quite happy about it. Technically, CS is a business, and they want to please it's customers, so, if making new lines is what the majority of people would appreciate it, then it's not unreasonable, it's smart. Keeping their customers happy.

I don't think wibeke meant that making new PPS lines was unreasonable, just demanding that they make a new set of lines to keep every single pose (bucking, pointing, etc.) I also agree that complaining because the artists won't draw you 5 new linearts to replace the traced ones is exessive, and I'm very happy with the ones we got :)

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, wibeke, so by all means correct me if I'm wrong :)
Bring your daylight, bring your dark,
    ~~~~~~~Share your silence, and unpack your heart.

My DAMy Art BlogCharacter WebsiteAsk Gavin & Chase
About Me: Call me Raven or Meg, whichever you fancy. I'm female, vegetarian, a guinea pig owner, artist, and horseback rider. I love fandoms, from Harry Potter to Game of Thrones to Chaos Walking to Sherlock and most recently, Star Wars!. I don't log in as frequently as I used to, so please be patient when waiting for PMs and trades.
RavenclawHobbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sykhe » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 am

I am especially loving the pony pps linework!
Sykhe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arowana » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 am

RavenclawHobbit wrote:
Enhanced wrote:

I don't think wibeke meant that making new PPS lines was unreasonable, just demanding that they make a new set of lines to keep every single pose (bucking, pointing, etc.) I also agree that complaining because the artists won't draw you 5 new linearts to replace the traced ones is exessive, and I'm very happy with the ones we got :)

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, wibeke, so by all means correct me if I'm wrong :)

And, might I add, that a larger majority of people are for this change and think the new lines are awesome - so they are pleasing customers, maybe not all of them, but a large amount of them. ;) Plus, it is a bit demanding asking for all these different lines - and one of the reasons ETP was put in place is so there can be less lines cluttering the site.
Arowana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unseen~Before » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 am

RavenclawHobbit wrote:
Enhanced wrote:

Oh, I see. Well, that makes sense. I completely agree with that. Granted, I'll miss all the old poses, but, having a general lineart for each is fine. They don't need 5 billion different kinds, people(majority) are happy with the new lines.
"This is how the world will end. Not with a bang, but with a whimper."
Unseen~Before

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purinz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 pm

I adore the new lineart! CS has a spontaneous, wonderful set of artists. Thank you so much, guys! Very grateful. ^-^

mimi she/they adult

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

purinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby turtlemaroon » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:44 pm

the new lines are so much cuter! I'm glad the lines were kept similar to the old ones, since they were loved by so many :)
ImageImageImage
turtlemaroon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kallico » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 am

Ashihak wrote:
And, might I add, that a larger majority of people are for this change and think the new lines are awesome - so they are pleasing customers, maybe not all of them, but a large amount of them. ;) Plus, it is a bit demanding asking for all these different lines - and one of the reasons ETP was put in place is so there can be less lines cluttering the site.

How in the world would more unique linearts be a bad thing?
I could stare at this all day. <3
Kallico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RavenclawHobbit » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:50 am

Kallico wrote:
Ashihak wrote:

Many of us believe that the site is neater/more organized with fewer linearts, myself included. While some variety and "special" pets are nice, we used to have about 6 different horse linearts and 3 different pony linearts XD And most of them weren't meant to be special, they were just regular adopts that had to be changed because of art theft. Now that we have 4 horse lines (tess, malk, Yul and the "special" RBMs) and one pony lineart, I like it much better. It's not as cluttered.

Obviously there are going to be people with the opposite opinion, and I respect that, but since you asked, that's why I think it's a good thing. Not to mention all the other good reasons for the change (no more art theft, improved artistic quality, etc.)
Bring your daylight, bring your dark,
    ~~~~~~~Share your silence, and unpack your heart.

My DAMy Art BlogCharacter WebsiteAsk Gavin & Chase
About Me: Call me Raven or Meg, whichever you fancy. I'm female, vegetarian, a guinea pig owner, artist, and horseback rider. I love fandoms, from Harry Potter to Game of Thrones to Chaos Walking to Sherlock and most recently, Star Wars!. I don't log in as frequently as I used to, so please be patient when waiting for PMs and trades.
RavenclawHobbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cydonia » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 am

RavenclawHobbit wrote:
Kallico wrote:
Ashihak wrote:

Many of us believe that the site is neater/more organized with fewer linearts, myself included. While some variety and "special" pets are nice, we used to have about 6 different horse linearts and 3 different pony linearts XD And most of them weren't meant to be special, they were just regular adopts that had to be changed because of art theft. Now that we have 4 horse lines (tess, malk, Yul and the "special" RBMs) and one pony lineart, I like it much better. It's not as cluttered.

Obviously there are going to be people with the opposite opinion, and I respect that, but since you asked, that's why I think it's a good thing. Not to mention all the other good reasons for the change (no more art theft, improved artistic quality, etc.)

You left out how easier it is to convert items for the horses and ponies now :)
Cydonia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me