Roleplay Moderators - Applications closed! Now choosing.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! (age 16+)

Postby Limerence » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:25 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
November 27, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum?:
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?:
I always make a point of visiting CS daily, and my time online ranges from a minimum of 45 minites to a maximum of five hours on the weekdays. On the weekends, I'm usually online from three to nine hours (not continuously, but throughout that day).
Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
Not as of yet. I've moderated threads before, but not whole forums. I've started and lead/"modded" many group forum RPs, as well.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?:
Yes, many.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?:
Of course, very many. I've recently migrated off of CS when it comes to my role-playing now, but I used to be very active on group roleplays in the forums. I'm high-literate now, though, and so I usually end up opting for one-on-one's. Perhaps I should start a new group RP, soon...
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?:
It would be great to be able to put my time on CS to good use by assisting the community in this way. I spend quite a lot of time lurking around the roleplay forums as it is, and in being a moderator, I'll be able to really put my knowledge of the CS rules and guidelines to the task.
It would be an honor to help make roleplaying a more enjoyable experience for the members of CS, and I really do hope that I get a chance to do so.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I believe that I have many helpful skills to bring to the table. I have lots of experience with roleplaying here on CS as well as in general, and I am very clear on what exactly the CS roleplaying rules, restrictions and guidelines are. I know that, as a roleplay moderator, I'll be able to enforce these guidelines and help to assist those who may not be as clear on these rules as I am.
When it comes to peer moderation, yes, I'm very experienced. I'm known to be a council to my group of peers and even to many outside of it. I'm good at explaining things and I'm never hesitant to tell people exactly what I think about their situation, as well as what I think they should do about it.
Wow, it's been a while. Apologies for my absence.
Limerence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Quitting~ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 am

APPLICATION
(Do NOT apply if you are aged 15 or younger, no excuses.)
What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)I joined about three to four years ago around this time of year I believe. The day I joined was Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)I have made over 1000 posts since I have joined and the total number is 16,256
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?I get on once per day. And I get on for 6 or more hours a days
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to themI am in none right now
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.Same as above question.I am in no other RP site at this time.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?I have.. all the previous ones I have participated in are in my previous posts.. I have made a few though that may have gone dead overtime because of school and other things with other RP'ers.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?It would be a great pleasure to be part of the CS Staff on this site. I would do more than just my best to keep this site child friendly for all who will join in the future.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)I have not had mediation for any other websites before but I have been helping others in RP's I have entered so that other CS members from getting warnings.. So I have been helping on this site even though it's not originally my job from the start.I can check Threads for misused images that are posted without permission( like the job description say)
Last edited by Quitting~ on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ƭιɢɛя Ѳғ
ImageImage
Ƭнɛ Ɯιи∂
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Off Site Clickables
Auction Thread
Signature Shop
Trade Thread

ImageImage

"This is not your world. These are not...your battles."
ImageImage
Quitting~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nopers » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 am

Gah! Dreams do come true! XD lol

- What date did you register as a CS member? - Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:31 pm

- How many posts have you made in the forum? - 1140

- How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? - Well I've been working 25 hour weeks at my jobs and am also going to school with a 20 credit hour schedule. So I am sorry to say that I haven't been on very often lately. However, I do love it here and always have. This has easily been my favorite site to RP on. If I were to be blessed with this oh-so-prestigious position, I can guarantee that I would be able to be on for at least three hours daily ;).

- Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. - I have not, but trust me when I say that I have lots of experience working with difficult cases. See last question for more details.

- Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. - Indeed I have. Here are a few. But these are just my favorites. If you would like more for reference, I can certainly oblige =). http://pointofnoreturn.lindsiria.net/. http://www.virtuadopt.com/. http://dragonspire101.proboards.com/.

- Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? - Oooooh yes. Dozens.

- Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? - I have actually always wanted to mod for CS. This is the place where I realized my passion for writing, and I've always wanted to give back to the community here. I love the majority of the members, as nearly all of them are kind and fair. And from what I have seen, the staff have always been really cool to the members in turn. To help in the goal of making CS a family friendly site and, maybe, to help others to realize their passions as I have would be a pleasure. Not to mention I think it would be really fun XD.

- Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? - Well right now I am a junior in college (about to turn 20) and a creative writing major. In addition to the poetry and short stories I write for fun, I am also working on my first book. (Its about shape-shifters and I'm about 200 pages in. I could go on forever lol). If you wanted to take a look at my poems and short-stories I could PM you my tumblr link. In any case, I also have experience dealing with difficult situations that involve a lot of emotion. For the past two years I have been working two jobs. One is rehabilitating animals at the Ohio Wildlife Center and the other is tutoring autistic children. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my jobs and hope to stick with them for a very long time. But its not always easy peasy. You try to teach an autistic child math while they are throwing things at you. Not to mention trying to get a bird to lie still while you put a splint on its wing. So, the point of all that was to let you know that I am capable of being firm when needed and patience is a virtue I've got in gallons.

Thanks for taking the time to read all that and best of luck to all who applied!
Nopers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

WUB'S FORM

Postby Cuspid » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 am

Ive joined on Thu Feb 02, 2012. I know it's not long but I have quite a knowledge of the site and how it works.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I have made 6643 posts at the time of applying.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I am almost always on 7 days a week, and at average 4-5 hours a day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Afraid officially not, but I have modded RPs of my own. I have also modded/owned some user made adoptables.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
I sometimes roleplay through PM on Tumblr before with a friend, but otherwise I only RP on CS.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes. I have been is quite a few, and I have started quite a few. One of which lasted about 500 pages.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I very much want to help out. I think it would be a great thing for me to do if I was to help keep the boards clean.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I believe I am quite litterate and am polite. If I were to warn someone I would do it politely, but I could be stern without being rude.
<== I'm more active
on flight rising if for
some reason you want
to come in contact with
me! feel free to add me!
Cuspid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asexual » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:25 am

APPLICATION
January 16th, 2010.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?:
Every day, to every other day basis. I spend a lot of time on CS, despite my job giving my many, long, odd hours. Most days I work morning till night.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
No, but I have moderated and owned many xat chats that run smoothly.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
I had my own site, City Slickers, but lost it due to my computer being replaced. It was a pokemon trainer role play web site. c:

I have here and there, but most tend to die out due to inactivity from other members. (Or my posts are too long and no one wants to reply to me OTL)

I'd really like to see the quality of role play increase on CS, and I'd love to be a part of improving it!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Aside from City Slickers, I've never bothered to run my own site. If real life experience counts towards this, then I was a Peer Leader in my final year of High school.

What we would do, each of us had a partner, making a team of two, and would choose twenty freshmen to "lead" through their first year of highschool. We got them together every study period of friday, played games, introduced them around the school, and generally made them feel welcomed in a whole. It was quite fun to see kids who were completely quiet, withdrawn, suddenly bloom and become active with our help. It was wonderful. <3
╔══════════════════════════╗

FR Trade Thread
CS Trade Thread
asexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blacksteel alchemist » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:46 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:38 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 378
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I'm on as often as I can be! Normaly 7 days a week, for 5-ish hours or so, poking in threads and roleplaying.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Nope.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? On Wajas. (I'm pretty well known around there as a roleplayer.)
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? One on ones yes, not too many groups, I always end up missing one post and then the whole thing leaves me behind.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I'd love to help out! I love CS and I've always wanted to be a mod!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I've made a ton of my own roleplays, and I'm actually studying to be a psychologist/psychiatrist, and I help run the theater group at my university.
blacksteel alchemist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:55 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Joined on April 25, 2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): I currently have 1265 posts.

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I tend to visit CS at least once a day for a few hours at a time, mainly to search through things, organize my pets, etc.

4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? I currently moderate 3 websites, not including my own (if proof is needed please let me know!).

5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I do participate in roleplay outside of CS, though the ones I mainly roleplay on are as follows:
1. The African Stars Pack - http://www.theafricanstarspack.com
2. Banishing Winds Pack - http://www.banishing-winds.com

6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes.

7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I have been on CS for quite a while now so I "know the ropes" and can easily be a great addition to the team. I am interested in working with the current team to help CS with the roleplay and ensure it runs smoothly. I also have experience with three fairly active sites (of which two are phpBB forums) so I know how to use forums such as CS when it comes to moderating. I am also a hard worker and take my job seriously, plus I have time to spare for CS and can easily keep up with things on here.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I do own my own website, The African Stars Pack, which is a canid roleplay site with over 190 registered users, and a total of 195842 messages. Running a website is hard work, especially finding ways to keep users entertained and giving them a reason to return, so I consider myself a fairly creative person. Due to my experience of being a moderator on three very different sites, I know how to handle situations and find solutions to them. I consider myself a fairly mature and trustworthy user, seeing as I represent quite a few moderation teams. I would also like to point out that I do enjoy having fun and I'm fairly laidback as well, though I know when to joke around and when to be serious.
Off the computer, I am the secretary of a council at my school which shows I am organized and able to keep up with everything. I also enjoy sports such as running, horseback riding and soccer, which shows I can work in a team but I can also work alone if need be. Overall I feel I could be a great addition due to my experience and creativity, and for that reason I have a lot to offer as a roleplay moderator of CS.

Thanks for reading, and best of luck to everyone! ^^

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowFinch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 am

September 23 2009
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
7 Days, between 5-10 hours depending on school work. It may shorten next year if I go to school, but would still be able to get on everyday unless I am out of town.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No I have not
I have roleplayed online years ago, but those websites are gone now and I have switched to private roleplays over MSN and other instant messaging programs. I can post some caps of my stories, but I write role-play everyday over these platforms. I cannot post any links since they are over msn.
Yes I have, but I have trouble finding a role play that suits my needs or lasts long enough. They seem to die. I took a Hiatus from CS for a few months and have returned, yet to start roleplaying again.
I would like to help out and enforce the rules. I am always very careful if I role-play on CS because of the rules, I am mature and write mature roleplays off of CS but never allow such things here. I hope to encourage others to follow those rules and learn to behave so everyone could have fun. I also hope that I will be able to help any users out who need help with roleplays or issues, I enjoy helping and being a moderator will just be another way to do so.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I will be unbiased in every situation, not taking sides in an argument. I am very rule orientated, in both real life and online. I obey the rules set before me, if there is a step by step guideline I will follow every step according to this guideline. I am always polite online, I think before I speak (or in this case write) and try to be careful of my ruleing. If I am having trouble or cannot figure something out I am not afraid to ask for assistance.

Thank you for this oppratunity. I have a question, if I do get the job, do you get information about what your job entails and the guidelines to follow. How to deal with specific rule breakers and such. I am sure you do, I just have never applied for a CS position before and I am curiouse. I do best with a guideline and set rules.
RainbowFinch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zax » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: January 17, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3491
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? 7 days a week, at most 9 hours, at least 4 hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have been a squad member on Esroh Legends under the username DaringDelusion.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. Yes, I roleplayed on many, many sites. Some were FeralHeart servers, or WolfQuest. Some were small to large community Wetpaint sites.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I've created several roleplays, joined many roleplays, and actively roleplay on CS.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I have experienced and seen a lot of rule breaking content floating around the roleplaying board, and I would like to do my part to attempt to uphold CS rules as they are there for a reason and should be respected.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I have created several roleplay sites before and have moderated them and upheld their rules. Many sites lasted from 6 months to 2 years.
|| Belgian Kelpie Adopts! ||

|| Livestream [on/off] ||
|| ||

Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby war paint. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 am

When are applications closing? c:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ImageImage
xImage▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
war paint.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups