Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Mods wanted - CLOSING SOON!

Postby Nadine » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:12 am

Alphabetty wrote:How old do you HAVE TO be to become a mod? Or should I say, how long to you HAVE TO be in chicken smoothie to become a mod?

All the requirements are listed on the front page, you must be at least 18 years of age or older and be a member for at least 8 months or longer to apply.

silverstream873266 wrote:ooo i would love to enter it

TheCalicoTabby wrote:Sorry, but it looks like your account is too new! We're looking for more experienced members to become moderators. If you stick around long enough there will be other chances to join the team.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saorsa » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:12 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
August 30th, 2009. (Happy late CS birthday for me)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
2,103 - I don't role play, so these are all normal posts chatting with other members and such.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
I am an adult, not a teenager, so seeing this content will not offend or bother me in any way.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day!

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I'm on at least 3 or 4 hours, and I use my mobile to browse around when I am not on the computer.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
No I have not moderated officially, but I do help remind others of rules if a mod isn't around if it's necessary.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I'm going to be honest with you. Personally, I have never had a family or friends in real life. I've been moved from house to house my entire life so I could never form any lasting friendships. When I discovered chickensmoothie, it was like heaven for me. This community is now my escape, and it's always here no matter where I'm living. XD has become my family and my friends, and I would like to give back to the community as much as I can. I know I can't be the only one who finds an escape from reality here, so I would like to make sure that CS is a safe, happy, and bully free place for everyone. I know I'm not well known around CS, but I always help others if I can. I want everyone to know they matter and someone cares.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
As for languages, I took Spanish and German in high school. My mom speaks a little French as well, so I know a bit about it. I've worked with all age children as a babysitter, and also as a role model "big sister big brother" type program. Being as I'm an adult, I have a job and know how to deal with disputes and complaints on a calm and professional way.
adoptsbeaumont kennel
senegal zebraswmetoyhouse

adult • dog groomer • horse enthusiast
gamer • bookworm • artist
saorsa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana Dancer :) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:38 pm

May 26, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum:

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: 
Yes

6-7 days

Weekdays- ill be off and on my phone in school till 2:30 then ill be on for about four hours after that. Weekends- im usually on every single day (whole day) unless I have softball going on.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Yes but the website was taken down four years ago.

Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Its been a goal to become apart of the CS squad 8-) but I always on and would just love to help out.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I speak and read fluent Spanish.
Currently doing:
Sleeping
If you roleplay with me, work at 7 pm
Click to see my time----XX
My Trade Thread

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 30 people.
I have received 20 gifts.
Banana Dancer :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NyanCat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:29 am

i would love to be a mod i'm working on my forums i am delighted to have such a wonderful game with no scammers :DD this is the best game ever
NyanCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alice Liddell » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:12 am

I became a CS member on Jun 19, 2010. I stopped playing for a little while, but I came back full time just before Christmas in 2013.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Currently only 795 posts. I don't post much, but I do browse and post when I see topics that catch my eye.

I am old enough to see and deal with adult content, and I don't mind this at all. I am a stay at home mom.. lol so I don't think I can see anymore then I have already seen already.

I am on CS a bit too much. Every day of the week.

5-10 hours or more off and on.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

I haven't moderated on any other site before, mainly because none of them really caught my interest, and I never played them for long.

Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

I'd like to be a moderator because I feel I am on quite a bit, so I can spend some actual time sorting through posts and helping out wherever is needed. I have worked in customer service quite a bit as well, (About 4 years.) so I know how to deal with difficult situations in which may or may not involve players getting angry and or nasty about certain situations.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?

As stated above I worked in customer service, so I know how to deal with difficult situations, and I don't mind dealing with them at all. I can keep a level head when it comes to hard choices and I know when to put my foot down when it needs to be.
If I had a world of my own,
everything would be nonsense.

Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't.

And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Alice Liddell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverstar » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:46 am

Trading Queen wrote:i would love to be a mod i'm working on my forums i am delighted to have such a wonderful game with no scammers :DD this is the best game ever

TheCalicoTabby wrote:Sorry, but it looks like your account is too new! We're looking for more experienced members to become moderators. If you stick around long enough there will be other chances to join the team.

Silverstar
she/her - adult - avid animal lover
languages: German - English
playing genshin impact like 24/7

Image Image
Image Image
Silverstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 8doggone » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:57 am

this is not an application, since I am not of age, but I would like to ask if there are any positions (not necessarily open) open to under 18's? Just like to let you know I'm interested, but I'd have to wait a while...I'm young and haven't been on for long enough. Hope its okay for me asking! ~DG
Check out Phantom Pound for pets and Raffles!
ImageImageImageImageImage
8doggone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverstar » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:04 pm

8doggone wrote:this is not an application, since I am not of age, but I would like to ask if there are any positions (not necessarily open) open to under 18's? Just like to let you know I'm interested, but I'd have to wait a while...I'm young and haven't been on for long enough. Hope its okay for me asking! ~DG

Oekaki moderators only have to be 16+, general helpers and fanart archivists can be any age.

Silverstar
she/her - adult - avid animal lover
languages: German - English
playing genshin impact like 24/7

Image Image
Image Image
Silverstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Faith~ » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:10 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) I have been a member on CS for two years now, and was registered on the site Thu Jan 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm. I have enjoyed every minute of being able to be part of the community and am willing to offer help to the members of the site.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) I'm pretty active on the site and have over 25100 posts currently.

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) Yes, I am old enough to be applying for this job as a Global Moderator. I am also willing of the risk to see adult content and take it down as well as hand out warning if necessary.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am normally on CS five to seven days a week, normally to talk with my friends, role play with some people on here, and just have fun all the same time while enjoying being a member. I also like to help out users if it's needed hence why I am applying for Global Moderator.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I'd say that I'm normally on CS during the weekdays 5-8 hours. On the weekend I am normally on all day so I would be able to help out with any help tickets throughout the day. I sometimes am on more depending on how much time I have but most times this is the average time I spend on CS.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I use to moderate on a few sites but no longer do so as I no longer was needed after the sites became inactive. I currently moderate a few groups on deviantArt though and manage handling with some of the users and sorting out art into groups. I feel that CS and deviantArt are somewhat the same with sorting through posts and handing out warnings that are needed. X & X. If you need my username, I have a link to my profile page. ^^

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've been on CS for two years, almost three now and have always wanted to be part of the team so I could help make CS a better environment for all the users here. I like to help out and I have a calm attitude and would be able to handle users that don't want to receive a warning, and approach them calmly without loosing my temper. I've been known to my friends to be the peacemaker, and would offer this to help make CS a better place.
      I don't get offended easily, and will always approach people with a calm and easygoing attitude to help try and figure out what the problem is. If a warning has been given out I don't mind repeating myself over and over again, which I will do so until the member has figured out what has happened and learned to accept their consequence.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I know several different languages that I'd be able to use to help with the international board/users on CS. My main language is Greek yet I do know a bit of French as well as some Spanish. This could be helpful in the international part on the site and I am willing to help out.
      I'm also known to be able to speak calmly to different users when they have a problem or need some help. I've been asked on occasion through PM for help or some information. With being a moderator for CS I am well prepared for this sort of responsibility and will always try my best to addition to the community here on the site.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
      ~Faith~
XXX

┏───────────────────────────┐
....Hello, ~Faith~ here.
....I'm your average young adult. I also love to draw, horseback ride and much more.
....Feel free to PM if you need help,
....I'm always willing to listen.
..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....∂єνιαитαят
....ωσι
....ωмεs/ωмє ¢нαℓℓєиgє

....Image
....ImageImage
....Take me as I come, or watch me as I go.
└───────────────────────────┛
~Faith~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaya » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:47 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: February 7th, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 11712
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? daily
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2+ hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I like to help people, I look at both sides of an argument but don't pick sides. I don't tolerate rude behavior as I know all too well that the behavior can affect the person being targeted. I really want to help keep Chicken Smoothie a friendly and fun site. I've been in quite a few Real Life situations that involve rude and inappropriate behavior and know how much it hurts and how its not ok to post inappropriate material on a site that has young kids. I have a low tolerance for rule breakers, but can easily keep my head level. I really would like to help out the community in any way I can.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) No
Last edited by ~Kaya on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Current Mood: My Playlist is a really wild rollercoaster...

My TH
Rajarshi Drafts
Cupido Drafts

~ Currently Searching For:
** Hoard Pets
* Mustard and Purple Heart Husky
* Wishlist Pets!
~Kaya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery