Roleplay Moderators - Applications closed! Now choosing.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! (age 16+)

Postby Rainbow Sherbet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:23 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
October 27th 2008 (I had registered on the 28th October, but it eventually changed permanently to the 27th October)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
7 days a week, 4+ hours a day

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
http://www.nexxushost.com/rpg/thekeep/
http://nexxuschat.com/cyberchat/

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
I think one, though I've always been more into live-chat type roleplaying.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I would like to be a Chicken Smoothie roleplay moderator because I want to be able to make CS a safe place for all who enjoy roleplaying on CS. I remember when I would go on sites to RP I'd always be grateful to know if something went wrong I could depend on a Mod to fix the problem. It would give me a sense of honor, being able to keep order on the board and protect it's users ^^. I want everyone to enjoy Chicken Smoothie, and would try my best to accommodate all, sort out problems, and keep the RP aspect of the site running smoothly the best I could.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I'm friendly, though I can be stern when necessary.
I can see things from both sides of the fence.
I have been told by my friends I give good advice, and I'm very understanding.
I'm on the site everyday, for multiple hours
I enjoy reading
I will do all I can to accommodate people and fix situations until they are completely resolved.
I know not to take on something I'm not skilled with, contacting a higher-up if needed.

Thank you for the opportunity!
Last edited by Rainbow Sherbet on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had the name Sherbet, please don't use it!
Rainbow Sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Narutofoxlover » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 am

APPLICATION
(Do NOT apply if you are aged 15 or younger, no excuses.)
What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) September 1, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) over 4000
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I am on every day and during the week I am on at least 4 hours and on weekends I am on at least 8 hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them nope
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. 2 at the most but I have not been on them in a while so i cannot provide a link
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? yes I am a serious rolepalyer.Roleplaying is my life
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I want to keep CS a nice site and i want to help others realize when they are breaking the rules
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I did start a roleplay site but no one ever joined. Plus I am very goo at explaining things without getting emotional or upsetting the person I am explaining something to.
Narutofoxlover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 am

Hey there. I have a serious question to ask about applying. I am going to be 16 in two weeks. Since my birthday is so close, am I allowed to apply?
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Finaqua » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
I registered on Sunday, Jul 24th in the year 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I have posted 11,495 times.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I usually visit Chicken Smoothie everyday. Mondays and Tuesdays I often spend anywhere from 7-9 hours, Wednesdays about 6-7 hours, Thursdays about an hour or two, sometimes three and on Fridays I often spend at least 10 hours. On the weekends I commonly am here for at least 12-14 hours.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
No, I have not.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
Not any regular roleplays, just spontaneous ones on http://www.Gaiaonline.com

Yes.

I think it will be fun and I love helping. I want to help improve CS and do
whatever I can to help keep things appropriate for younger players who are here because I learned a lot of things that I should not have known at an early age because of moderators not doing their jobs and people saying things that they should not.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I don't really like complimenting myself but I have peer mediated for several friends, including them and their siblings. I have often been told that I am caring and good at presenting my points unagressively. I try to understand everyone's point of view and respond calmly and accordingly. Chicken Smoothie is a great website that has some really great people on it. These people ought to have moderators who help because we want to and I've been told by several people who I have grown up with, people that have no fear in saying no that they believe I would be a great moderator and that I should give it a shot. I do not bring my frustrations into any job that I have. I am very friendly and if someone wants to talk to me about anything then they are always more than welcome to and I will give advice if they want.

Thank you for reading my application and taking it into consideration!
Last edited by Princess Finaqua on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The girl you just called fat?... She is overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly?... She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped?... He is abused enough at home. That guy you just made fun of for crying?... His mother is dying. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying. I bet 95% of you won't re-post, but I'm sure the people with heart and backbone will. This is the signature of someone who has, more than once, attempted suicide as a result of being abused everywhere she went. Bullies murder. Don't stoop that low.

Somewhere, everywhere, there's pain where'er I go. I thought life couldn't get any worse but wait - I just hit a new low. Why do I have to hurt so much, why the need to cry? All the ways people treat me, I just want to die. What's the point of asking why, anymore? All people do is lie.

"I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing With a broken heart that's still beating." Broken by Lifehouse.
Image[/url]
Princess Finaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby war paint. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 am

SummerLoveZ wrote:
Hey there. I have a serious question to ask about applying. I am going to be 16 in two weeks. Since my birthday is so close, am I allowed to apply?

She said you, Have, to be 16, sorry. c: But have a happy birthday ~
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ImageImage
xImage▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
war paint.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naira » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 am

(Do NOT apply if you are aged 15 or younger, no excuses.) Yes i am.
January 31st, 2011, 11:04 pm
I think they are at 1850.
Well i usually spend the hole day, but the sleep And 7 days of the week.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
Not yet, but i know how.
I have many Role Plays in CS, but not on many sites, i can't remember right now.
Yes, many.
I want to keep violent people to post some scenes that are not for the age of little kids, playing in here. I don't like stuff like that. I can't stop these actions, but i can at least prevent most of them from happening.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Well i made many RP's and posted much in them. I have experience in this game and i think i will handle these stuff. Actually it's a fact that i live in a different timezone, and when i am online and the other moderators are not, i will do the job, when i am not online, the other 2 Mods will do it. :D
I hope you like the entry, Thanks.
Last edited by Naira on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

If you need help with something on CS, you can use the help system OR ask me!

TradesCharactersNew dAArt Shop{closed}GRP Club!Helpful Guide
Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Skully Custom Art, By Fitch <3...Custom Skully, by TheCalicoTabby
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubble9001 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined on August 22, 2009 at 9:27 pm.
2. How many posts have you made in the forum:
Right now I have 3,583 posts.
3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I get on CS everyday on and off so I usually visit CS twenty-four seven.
4. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Nope, I haven't, but I would love to :)
5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
Yes, I've participated in roleplays on AwesomeSauce.com
6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, I participate in so many roleplays on CS. I'm in six at the moment.
7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I would love to be a CS roleplay moderator because I think it would be a lot of fun. That's just the beginning of why I want to be a roleplay moderator for I don't think that the younger chickensmoothians shouldn't be afraid of finding inappropriate scenes in roleplays. In fact they should be able to come on the roleplay and have fun without worrying about violence or romance scenes that get intimate. Another reason why I want to be a CS moderator is because it would give me something to do on my free time which I have a lot of...I have no social life sadly...
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I am one of those type of people that can have a fun time, yet I can get a point across when it's needed. I don't just jump to conclusions, but I investigate first before acting. Since I don't really have much of a social life I am on CS everyday for hours on end.

Thank you for your consideration :D

Carry On my Wayward Son.
There will be peace
when you are done.
Don't you cry no more.

bubble9001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C.R.E.A.M » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 am

I am sorry for double-posting, I just wanted to suggest:
I think it would be better if you could interview live the few users that have potential for a RP moderator job.
That's the way you can get to know them better and make a better opinion about them;
of course there will be some questions setted for the interview, and at the end Tess and/or Nick will decide the 1-3 people from the __ amount of users that have potential.

I know I probably don't make sense, but oh well.
Once again good luck to everyone and thank you for the opportunity! (:

C.R.E.A.M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spideypuhl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Friday July 29, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 27875 including this post. 27874 not including this post.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?[/b On weekdays about four to five hours. On weekends, I usually spend all day on CS. As you can probably already guess, I have no life. :)

[b]Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I moderate here: http://www.theanthronation.webs.com but I really don't have to moderate because it's just me and two of my closest friends.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. Yes, several places.
http://www.wajas.com , http://www.mweor.com , http://www.theanthronation.webs.com

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I'd like to contribute to the CS Community and try to make the roleplay boards a place where everyone can have a great and safe time without breaking any CS rules. I also would like to make the roleplay boards where younger users can come and have fun without getting uncomfortable due to a lot of mature content. I'm a roleplayer myself here on CS and I see some mature contents and/or gruesome content that shouldn't be here when browsing to search for roleplays to join. I'd like to see the roleplay boards rid of the mature content and gruesome content because it is a child-friendly website and CS is kinda getting a bad reputation with young kids if they see this content. I'd hate for something on CS to scar a child for possibly the rest of their life, this is why I want to be a roleplay moderator.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I've ran a roleplay website though I closed it down when I found CS. I'm good at working with people and resolving issues between people whether it be two people or a group of people. I always sort out issues fairly. I've been a Peer Mediator in school before. I also love roleplaying and have a bunch of time for CS.
Last edited by spideypuhl on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
spideypuhl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cakewalk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:08 am

APPLICATION
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:26 pm
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1,765
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I am here seven days a week and am usually on 5+ hours per day.
  4. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have, but unfortunately, they are no longer in existence.
  5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. Yes, I have. Currently, this one.
  6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I have participated in numerous roleplays here on CS.
  7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Because I would like to contribute positively to the roleplay community on CS, as I enjoy roleplaying thoroughly and would love for everyone who enjoys roleplaying on CS to have a safe place to do so without the threat of bullies or seeing profanity and/or sexual content.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I worked for two years at church where I dealt with problems between co-workers. As a long-time student, I have also been in numerous groups that have had difficulties that I have helped smooth over.
Cakewalk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me