GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:

September 7th, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum:

This will be the 7122nd.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

I am old enough, and I'd be willing to take that risk in order to keep those things off the forums.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

Too many, honestly. I tend to be checking CS on and off for pretty much the whole time from when I get home to when I go to bed. Not to mention checking it at school. I'd estimate maybe...4-5 hours, sometimes more?
Have you moderated on any other forums before?

No forums, other than some small roleplay forums that have been since deleted...
    I am a mini-mod for a few threads here, though. x x x
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

Because I love CS. I've been on this site for nearly four years, and I've loved it since the start. It's helped me improve my art and writing, and it's been a lot of fun. I'd love to help the site by being a mod. I also like helping people. I'm a bit shy in real life, but online it's so much easier. I feel like I'm fairly good at explaining things clearly. I used to spend a lot of time on the help/suggestions board, answering questions when I could. I haven't done that in a while, but now that I think about it I should start going there again, even if I'm not chosen to be a mod.
    I know being a mod wouldn't just be helping people. It would also be a lot of work, screening posts, and it might be a bit stressful dealing with people breaking rules or stealing art. But I think I could do it. It takes a lot to get me angry, so I think I could handle the conflict without getting upset. And I really would like to help with the site, even if it isn't all fun.
    I could ramble on about this, but I think that gets the point across well enough.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?

Not really, to be honest. I know a bit of French, but I'm not fluent. All I really have to offer is familiarity with the site, and a willingness to help however I can.
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby d.zee » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:21 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
March 11th, 2011

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
I am indeed old enough as well as willing.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Typically every day; unless there is some catastrophic event going on in my life, which is not often.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
It's hard to say, I'm pretty sure I'm back up to a minimum of 2 hours a day now that I have absolutely nothing interesting going on in my life. It varies though, some days I spend more than half my day on the site other days it may be only 2 to 5 hours. Chances are the time I'm on is going to increase now a bit that I have no school and nothing better to do. Either way I spend a lot of time on CS.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I don't think I have ever moderated a thread here on CS other than my own temporary threads; and those hardly count. I did moderate on a forum based RP site called Tryst for a couple of years, but they haven't been around for a little over a year now and the domain is now something completely different. So sadly I have no links to share.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
My biggest reason is to give back to not only the site but to my fellow Chicken Smoothiers as well. I love being on the site and would be thrilled to be able to help out with site as well as helping others here on the site. For the couple years that I have been on Chicken Smoothie I have grown so attached to this website and it's people. It is often the first website I check when I turn on my computer. I want to be able to help others enjoy Chicken Smoothie as much as i have and help make things run smoothly. I also see this as a chance at a new learning experiance. I've always loved interacting with new people and I feel that this would be a perfect chance at just that.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I have a lot of Polish in my family so some of the language has rubbed off on me. I'm not completely fluent but I at least know enough to hold my own in a conversation.

I've known for several years that I wanted to go into social work or another similar field and since I have emersed myself in working with people. I was in my high schools student peer mediation program in which I helped fellow classmates as well as underclassmen in coping with disputes and troubles. I have had 4 internships based on social work and counseling, 2 working with younger teens, one with young children and people with disorders and disabilities, and one general (anyone who came to the clinic.) As well, I try to volunteer in many diffent places to be exposed to as many different people and situations. I think I have gained a lot of patients and experience doing the things I have done.
on hiatus...
d.zee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thє dσctσr » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 am! I'm very excited, since in about a month, I will have been here for a total year! I originally joined in 2010 but, later quit do to home issues, when I got back, a few things changed, besides the main loving comunity.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I am.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I visit chickensmoothie every single day.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
Sadly, I have nearly no life, so about 2+ hours. Sometimes from waking up, until I go to bed.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
I have never moderated on chickensmoothie before, but I used to moderate a smaller site, called myadopts. They have now shut down.
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
Well, over my (almost) year on chickensmoothie, I have met some amazing people, adopted amazing pets, and have been able to become part of the chickensmoothies large and growing community. I have been searching for a way to give back, and what better than to help moderate! I think this would be good for me, as to take more responsibility on chickensmoothie, and help it be clean and safe for the younger genorations.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I do very well with pressure, and never cave in. This being said, I can also do well with bullying, and being offended. Thus, unlike most, I do not blow up, or swear, I calmly do my best to end the conflict.
♡ ♥ ♡

✿ I am seeking the 09 UR Dog send me a trade with him ✿

∞ ISO C$ ∞

☆ current goal : reach 5000 with my fox hoard ☆

thє dσctσr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby war paint. » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:49 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 20444
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes ma'am.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day, but I've just had my long exams and haven't been able to be on much, but at the moment I am finished.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Until a eleven thirty on the weekdays, weekends maybe about 12-3.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Three, but all three were demolished because of lack of activity.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would be honored of being a moderator because I feel like it would be a great privilege to be one of the workers on this awesome sight. I have been a big fan for a while, but haven't really had an account, just really read through the forms. I have lots of friends, and I have tried for other moderator spots; but thirds a charm, correct? I also believe that being a person who helps new comers or others in need is like; honor - credit - respect - homage - dignity - glory, all of them. Even without the Global Moderator title, I have helped others. Also you can find me looking over other peoples profiles, oddly. And sometimes I just love to talk to the mods on the site! c:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I can speak Danish, I am president and was vice president for student council, and I am a few secretaries in speech + socialization clubs, if that makes sense. I think thats it, thank you.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ImageImage
xImage▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
war paint.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 24, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3354
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? every day
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I keep going on and off all day, more if I have something specific to do...like during events, I'm on as much as possible during those and come on as much as necessary if I have a reason to and I'd definitely have the time and disposition to come online to mod throughout the day. If I visit only at certain hours on a regular day as a member, it's because that's all I need (to adopt pets, check my growths, trade for missed outcomes, etc) for my position as a CS user.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have, but they are no longer active. The forums were related to a game called Petz.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to be a moderator because I think I can help CS and its members. I might be rather quiet, but I've been a constant and active member ever since I joined and I care deeply about this website and its well-being. I've stuck with CS since the very beginning and I'm not planning to leave any time soon. I'd like to be able to help and support CS in a different way, more than just being a regular user, I feel like I could do much more and do a great job too. I'm very dedicated and responsible and I promise to do my best to help with anything and anyone if needed. I've applied previously and I just keep trying because I do really really think I can make a difference if you just give me a chance.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I speak Spanish fluently, though I think that's not really necessary as the international moderators didn't get enough work back then. I don't lose my temper easily, I'm very neutral and correct when discussing issues and I can keep my cool throughout the whole process. I'm not impulsive and I'm perfectly able of controlling a situation and addressing people appropriately, picking the right words in a way that they won't feel judged and/or offended. I've very empathetic and respectful of everyone, never take sides and always try to understand what everyone is feeling despite not sharing or agreeing. I am not upset/offended at all by different views, situations, etc.

Thank you for this chance once again!
Image Image
HUGE THANKS TO A CHICKEN FOR HELPING ME GET THE LAST PET TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!!
Offering Image AND Image for Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pooka. » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:17 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: May 21, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 7,931 posts.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am very of age to be completing that task, and I am contently willing to perform it.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit CS every single day of the week at least once, but it is usually much more than once a day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I would say that I spend at a minimum of two or three hours on CS a day, but it is usually more. c:
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have not moderated for any major forums before, but I am a current moderator at this 'User-made' species thread: Here I can very easily keep calm and keep things in order when need be.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to be a moderator on Chicken Smoothie because, while I have been a member of Chicken Smoothie since 2009, I have also grown up with this website throughout high school. It's grown to mean more to me than just a simple 'game' like others may call it. I have been able to make some very good friends in life, ones that I am able to talk to more than people in my own life. The site has given me a way of relieving my stress, and of doing something relaxing for once, and now I feel that the time is very right for me to do something in return for Chicken Smoothie, Tess, Nick, and all of the other staff members, and I feel that that task I need to do for them is become a moderator of some sort for the site. I've fallen in love with Chicken Smoothie as a whole, and I want to help others fall in love with the site by making sure that they follow the rules as well as keeping it a clean and safe environment for the younger community that holds as a majority of this site's members. I hope that I am able to show people the same joy that I have gotten out of Chicken Smoothie over the years, and to let them see that this site truly is one-of-a-kind, and there aren't any others out there like it. I want to make sure that things are taken care of on this site in order to reduce spam, art theft, arguments, rule-breakers, and rule-breaking posts.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? There are no particular skills that I can think of that I may be able to bring to the position, however I do find that I am very sociable on this site and am able to talk to members with easy and a constant calm.

I would like to thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity and chance to become a Global Moderator for your intriguing site! Good luck to everyone else! Thank you for making such a welcoming site!
      I sort of faded to the background for a few years. I can't necessarily say I'm making a comeback for good, but I'm planning to check in from time to time.

If you're an old friend, shoot me a message sometime, and I'll get back to you when I next stop in.

Until next time...

Pooka

Pooka.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:44 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:02 am
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9673
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, im very well versed in the many jobs of a mod. As well as the intergrity and maturity it takes.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday, various times.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?im gona say 4-12+ hrs
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? viewtopic.php?f=58&t=967325&hilit=turtle http://rfwx.proboards.com/ http://awakeninside.proboards.com/index.cgi http://luvmeerkat.proboards.com/index.cgi viewtopic.php?f=58&t=727150&hilit=fleafs viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1045984&hilit=kiab viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1436757&hilit=kiab viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1236169&hilit=marble+cats viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1681268&hilit=wisp
7.Now the important question: I want to help people, it's what I enjoying doing. It's why I listen to people so much and study them.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I can decipher alittle bit of Spanish due to two years of Spanish class. I've spent many an hr keeping members in line while adopting adoptables. Im usually a very friendly person that people can talk to because im very accepting of other people. Im not a judgemental person, I can direct people when they need help. Just like I've been doing for the past couple of years. I've dealt with younger people as well, and I know how to both handle them with a gentle hand or a strict one depending on the situation. I've had years of experience. Im extremely active here. And I would be honored if you chose me.
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage
Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Postcard » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:48 pm

• What date did you register as a CS member?: July 30th, 2012, 3:55 PM
  • How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1804
  • Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval?: Yes.
  • How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day of the week.
  • How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Approximately 5-6 hours on a daily basis. This may vary due to workload or any personal issues.
  • Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I moderate on a few threads here on CS and I have moderated sites for some of my classes and/or with a few of my friends. These contain personal information, so I do not feel comfortable posting them here, where anyone can access them.
  • Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: That's a simple question: I adore CS. It's a fun site with a wide variety of things to do. It's a site I really enjoy coming onto on a daily basis, the first one I've stayed on for nearly a year. I want to be a moderator so I can help keep this site running smoothly and so I can delete any spamming or inappropriate posts. I want to keep the community nice and comfortable. Many people seem to think that because they hide behind a screen, they cannot be punished. These people somehow find a reason to justify bullying people they do not know. Having seen the effects of cyberbullying (and bullying in general), I want to help stop this on a site I love.
  • Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I am fluent in Russian and English, and I am currently learning French in my spare time. If there is an argument, I can easily see and take into consideration both sides to create a punishment to fit the crime. I am unbiased in just about any topic I come upon- Even though I do have my own opinions, I like to see how other people react to the situation. Overall, I'm just a level-headed, responsible person who wants to help CS.

Thank you for giving me the chance to apply. Congratulations to the future moderators.
Last edited by Postcard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Postcard's Status Box wrote:
I will be quitting CS and having the mods delete my account on June 6th, 2013. I will most likely not return. If you need to contact me, go to katkittenrawr.deviantart.com, my DA account. I've loved my time here. <3
Postcard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Bacon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 24, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1,361

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Seven

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least five hours focused on it, however I have it up and running 24/7.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Other than running my art shops and currently building a site, I have not.

Now the important question: I would love to be a mod for Chicken Smoothie, because it is a rather large part of my life. First off I would love to help keep CS safe for all of its viewers, young and old this way it can stay up and running for many years to come. I feel I can devote so much time to the site, due to only being in the army reserves currently, so I am home everyday. I would be able to help with the abundance of messages and free up time for other mods as well. I love helping people and I am extremely patient, and often times will try to explain things until they are clear.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I am in the military, so I am around a large variety of personalities and I get along with anyone. So I feel that I could be very helpful to new users and old users alike.
General Bacon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belle. » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 pm

what date did you register as a CS member ?
february 14th, 2O1O

How many posts have you made in the forum ?
8980, not including this one

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval
yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS ?
seven

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
probably six to seven hours, in total - but generally I check the website every 30 minutes to an hour during the day

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
sadly, no

Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I truly love this website; I think it's a wonderful place where so many different wants are catered for. I know from experience, that there is an amazing role-playing forum, a wonderful games forum, several hep forums, the feature of the pets, and of course the incredible art forum, among many others. While this is all true, it wouldn't be possible without a number of content being filtered through and removed. I think that the moderators who already work on this website do the most amazing job, and I would love to be given the opportunity to help them in keeping the website the beautiful, and friendly environment that it is.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position ?
I believe that I am an incredibly dedicated person; anything I am suppose to do, I will do it, and generally I do it well. I was involved in the student council at my school, which I believe places me in a position where I'm able to deal with people in a way that benefits everyone. I am a polite person, but I don't believe in turning a blind eye when someone has broken the rules.

thank you, so much, for reading and considering my application.
I wish the rest of you all the best.
newton;
belle.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me