Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Mods wanted - apply within!

Postby Nadine » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Darkarbon wrote::( wut u have against peeps older bro! I opened this and got super excited cause I thought I could apply but... Then I saw must be 18 to apply and my heart sank to my feet. I can easily act 18... Be mature, be responsible, be respectful, and be kind... I mean anyone can do that and I'm surely mature enough for a job like that! I play minecraft and I'm mod or higher on almost all my servers! And I have seen more than someone my age should... So nothing would surprise me or freak me out. Sorry if I'm stating a point that u have already heard and have reasons why only 18 and older. But I would just enjoy sharing my opinion with people who might care.
Thanks for hearing my voice!
~DarkArbon

Hi there,
We did at one time hire moderators of any age, but because of the mature and inappropriate content that can come through in the approval queue, we will not expose younger members to the content that we are trying to protect them from. This may also help explain further.
Tess wrote:Some of the duties of a moderator involve deleting spam from automated spambots, some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SairenMin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:47 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 04, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4315
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am old enough and will not be offended by adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Atleast three hours, more if it is the weekend.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have moderated threads, but never an entire forum before.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I really wish to help keep the peaceful, friendly environment here on ChickenSmoothie. This is my little home on the internet, and I wish to keep it protected. Also, I really love helping organize and cleaning up so I would love to help facilitate this as well.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I work as a Daycare Teacher fulltime, and often used to mediating arguments between people. Currently studying to be a teacher, so I tend to go to workshops and learn hands on how to handle behavioral problems. I am often referred to and asked to be the diplomat at my workplace and between friends. I honestly enjoy helping, educating and keeping a peaceful environment. After many years, I have learned not to take anything personal so any disdain showed to me for doing my job will not bother me. So I am offering it here, in case your interested in me.

xxxxxxxxxx
Greetings! Just call me Jude or TG
Adult, Parent, Married, They|Them
Full-time teacher, parent and partner
Part time procrastinator and artist/writer
-
ImageImage

SairenMin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jern. » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:18 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:

21 Feb 2011, 10:30

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

Yes, I am quite comfortable with viewing and taking the appropriate actions again adult content. I am also at the proper age for the job.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

I visit daily, its actually not uncommon for me to have 5 'my post' tabs open because I regularly migrate back. Its a habit of mine to constantly check CS.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

Its hard to say really, I don't always post things but I almost always have CS open. As previously stated. I check things out a lot and just surf forums, So some days I dont post at all and others I will post often. I am mostly active in the Adoptable Oekaki section and the Clubs... However, I am trying to get back into the role-play section as well. I am on a few run off sites, For example I am extremely active on the JBD and the Cheese Doodle Forums, that originate and run mostly on CS.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

I have, The Cheese Doodle forums are just starting out but I have been part of the staff since the creation. We are currently bringing it back.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

I have been both an Artist and a Mod for a quite few species on CS and I love it. I prefer being a Mod, because I love to help people. I love to work with people and figure out solutions to problems. I am the same way in my community, I volunteer as often as I can. I spend a lot of time on the internet, and I would like to put that time to better use. I have been on CS for quite some time now (I have been on many online communities, but the community on CS is incredible, Its the only one I've stuck with for this long), I have dedicated hours on end to this website and I would like to give back. I want to be a part of it, and make it as amazing (and safe) of an experience for others as it has been for me. After all its places like CS that people come to for an escape, and they dont always realize it but people here shape them! I would love to be a part of that.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

Yes! I have been a Mod for countless species on CS, (Kiamaras[retired], Cheese Doodles, Newtons ect) I can handle people very well. I am patient and I am not biased, and I can work well with all ages. I can speak basic french, and I am working on learning Japanese. Furthermore, I am currently attending college for multi-media, so I may be able to help out with other aspects. I am aware that what I have moderated previously is small in comparison to CS, but I am very adaptable and willing to learn.
jern.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Generic edgy anime » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:51 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Sunday December 15th 2013 4:41 A.M

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, I am old enough and willing to take on this responsibility.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I am on almost everyday

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
About 3. Sometimes 4. On weekends maybe 6 or 7

Not exactly. I do have mod experience from adopts.

It gives be something to do and also teaches me more about handling situations. I also want to make the site a safer place for younger people. Plus I would love to help out a site I have come to love. I may even learn new things.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I am usually calm about handling things. And I am learning Spanish so that will come in handy when I am done.
Active again
Generic edgy anime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blitz. » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 am

Thank you for the chance. : )

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum:

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes~

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Everyday.

It'd be safe to say I spend 3 hours a day (at the very least) here. Usually more.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I used to be an admin for the old Official JBD Fanclub website, but it was recently taken down so I'm afraid I can't offer any links.

Well, with the few years I've spent here, I've grown fond of CS-- I've made some of my best friends here, and even many of my favorite memories. It'd be nice to give back to the website that has filled my last few years of joy, and perhaps by helping out I too can help keep the environment fun, friendly, and clean for everyone to thrive from as well. It'd also be nice to have something to do when I'm on, to keep me busy.

I am very friendly and open, and quite the listener. I believe I can offer un-biased solutions to any problem that could use my help. Another thing I am good at is holding my temper, it is very hard to make me mad/angry.
I speak some basic Spanish, and will hopefully be studying Japanese soon as well.
I also have experience in dealing with many people, questions, and problems within the JBD community.
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
[he/him]
Not active anymore. Just like editing my sig once a year lol
Sorry if you've been trying to contact me.
My Partner <3

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Blitz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yatsan-kun » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:02 pm

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Apr 09, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
471. I prefer reading :)
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Usually it's everyday.
4-5, sometimes more. I don't post much on forums, as you can see from my posts count, but I love reading forums, and that's what I do every now and then throughout a day.
Unfortunately, no.
Well, I really appreciate the work that's done by mods on this site, and I always wanted to help maintaining a friendly atmosphere here.
I speak Russian and French fluently, aside from English, and will be learning Spanish. In university I always try to settle any misunderstandings between our group and actually do it successfully.
Yatsan-kun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ms. Procrastination » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:21 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) July 13 2013

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 1529 (I don't roleplay)

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)yes!!!

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? A lot I'm constantly checking anytime I'm in car or anything since in on mobile and don't need wifi so like at least 7 a day most always more. I'm on throughout the day so I can always know when I get a message or anything

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them no but i lead a lot of things in real life and a fb page for my trail riding club.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I really want to help i think the mods on here are a great group pf people and want to be a part of that. I also want to try and help the new members of the site who aren't familiar with the rules, have questions, or are bullied. Also I report a lot so it would be easier if I could just deal with it myself. Also I'm already in the habit of checking the problems board every time I pull up the site

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)I've been in 4h and was a teen leader for 3 years. I've also started my own trail riding club which I run on my own. I have a lot of patience and don't mind explain the same thing 50 times. I don't really get mad and since I haven't built any relationships on here I won't be biased when dealing with conflicts. I work as a 2 year old teacher so I can handle stress good (try having 5 kids who all decide to get naked) I know how to be a leader since I've been in alot of leadership postions I am very familiar with the rules. I browse the forums constantly so I will see posts quickly that need to be looked at. I also know some spanis. I can handle being nice t I everyone even when they annoyed me since I have been part of a foster family for 10 years and have learned to be nice to the foster kids.
Last edited by Ms. Procrastination on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you click pm me for a chamce to win a list pet
Image ImageImageImageImage]ImageImageImage
Ms. Procrastination

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mlm+acc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:58 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) December 26 2014
Yes I am.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2+ hours at lest every day( I usually do more but at least 2 hours) more on weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Forever Youngand others but they where at the beginning if my time at CS but they are out of my history of posts.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I love to mod. A lot of time I'm browsing CS and some times I'll see an inappropriate post and report it or see a topic in the wrong form and report it. I
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I work with children so I very patient. I don't mind repeating things over over and over.
I lost my locus magicalicus but I'm still a wizard A locus magicalicus is a stone. It give a wizard the ability to do magic losing it is the worst thing in the world it is a part of you
I am mentally dating Leo Valdez! Ladys he's mine!
ImageImage
mlm+acc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serendipity- » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:11 am

Congrats to whoever gets it! I don't want it, but I would love to be an artist. How can you? And I know you don't have to be to old because I saw a bday pet that said 14.

hi
hi
You can call me Tess, I'm 20+, an art major
I'm Asexual, I love cartoons of all types
Only Murders In The Building || Gorillaz
|| She-Ra || TOH || Bluey || MLP || PJO
SSC || Psych || The Office || Fraiser || Barbie
I'll always rp any of the above

hi
credit

serendipity-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:15 am

5ktessa wrote:Congrats to whoever gets it! I don't want it, but I would love to be an artist. How can you? And I know you don't have to be to old because I saw a bday pet that said 14.

Thank you for the offer, but we don't have any openings on our team at the moment. When we are looking for a new artist, Tess will invite someone whose art she has noticed in the forums.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!