GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby Yoyce » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:24 am

What date did you register as a CS member?
Friday August 20, 2010.

How many posts have you made in the forum?
Around 11700.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I'm old enough and willing to risk.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
You can say I'm a no-life, because most of my free time I spend browsing the Net. Even if I'm not posting, I still browse the forums, talk with other players and trade. On an average day I spend more than 6-7 hours on CS, but on weekends it's up to even more than 12 hours or around 16 when we have an event like Easter Event or Halloween. Even if I'm pretty busy, I spend at least 3 hours here. CS can be really addicting!

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes, I have moderated several forums before. I've moderated one of the polish forums of the DragCave fans aswell as "tribe" forum in one of MMORPG games (that forum was really full of spam D:), but both were deleted already. They weren't big forums, they gathered only around 50 users each.
Moreover, my hobby is making polish subtitles for anime and I'm a part of group that's doing it. I'm the admin of our official site, but since it's a very peaceful place, I don't have much to do there ^^ Here's our page! Yes, it's a polish site =)
In addition I'm the owner of my school's announcements site, but since it's a private forum on Facebook, I hope You understand why can't I link to them. I' not even sure if that counts, but well, still ^^

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Lately I've noticed fast increasing amount of spam on ChickenSmoothie. It's a popular site right now and a lot of new users are joining every day. Not all of them are aware how to behave here (even if it's a pet adopting site, it's still has own rules), what may causes even more problems with spam. I think my obligation as an older user is to show in a friendly way how to use the forums without causing problems, making it a very positive and good place for every user. Now I can only talk with other players, answer their questions and report spam, but as a moderator I'd be able to do much more to stop the spam and keep the forum clean.
Moreover, it's impossible to hide that sometimes CS have problems with rude users - it was especially obvious in the first thread about big Equimagine lineart changes, were both sides (supporting and opposing) were often rude to each other and the thread looked more like battlefield than cultural discussion, what disturbed me a lot. I want to be a moderator for CS to help You deal with these and other problems!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
My native language is Polish, but I speak fluent English and German too; moreover I'm thinking about starting learning new language in June (You can never know too many languages!).
Few months ago I've worked for a few weeks (it was only an additional job) in the call center, where dealing with often angry without a reason customers was my daily bread, so I'm used and ready to deal with impolite people.
I have younger siblings. Sounds funny, but taking care of kids is especially responsible and patience-developing task! :lol:
As I mentioned before, I'm working on Polish subtitles for anime, so again, responsibility, punctuality and sense of duty aren't foreign to me.
I also like to have everything in order and under control, what for sure is a good attribute of a moderator.

Thank You for the opportunity to join the CS Staff!
After years of commitment to the site I was treated like a dirt, falsely accused and judged by almost everyone with no chance to explain. I do not see the point to stay here anymore, so it's a farewell!

Your life is important. Have a good one.

Contact the Raccoon Master:
>> FlightRising << >> deviantArt <<
Yoyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Briar Rose » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:31 am

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: December 2008
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5582 currently
  3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes as a something year old University student I'm old enough for this position.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday :)
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Normally 5 or 6 hours per day.
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Not recently (used to be a moderator for a Webkinz forum) on other forums but I'm a moderator of several adoptable threads on this site.

Some include:
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would really like to be a moderator of CS because I feel I could contribute to it. Over the 4 1/2 years that I've been here I've seen and experienced many changes, both in the staff and in the site. I've loved the majority of these changes and want to see CS continue grow and flourish. Most of all, I want others to have a similar experience to what I did. I'm active on many aspects of the site. I've enjoyed hearing Hekomi telling me about her time as a Global Moderator. They're jobs that I've been interested in helping with. Overall, I really want to be able to help answer questions and help others to have an enjoyable experience on the site.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
      + Experience with other sites such as DA and Tumblr, I keep regular accounts of the chickensmoothie tag and try to help as much as I can

+ Currently I'm Vice President of an LGBTQ organization at my university, this requires both good delegation skills as well as being able to be a good representation of others in both a professional and social atmosphere

+ I've been told that I'm approachable, helpful, and fair. I'm able to tell people what they need to hear, not always what they want to hear but I try to keep an open mind.
Briar Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppy7 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:39 am

I have a question:
How off tin do you Hire Global Moderators?
Or after a Global Moderator wants to stop to you replace?

poppy7
I have Gifted 9 people and got 9 gifts!
poppy7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 am

poppy7 wrote:I have a question:

poppy7

They are hired based on the growth of the site and whether we need more help or not. Tess usually decides. :)
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppy7 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:46 am

Hekomi wrote:
poppy7 wrote:I have a question:

poppy7

They are hired based on the growth of the site and whether we need more help or not. Tess usually decides. :)

ok, thanks!
I have Gifted 9 people and got 9 gifts!
poppy7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rick Sanchez~ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:14 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: January 7th 2012

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2094

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I am usually able to get on about five days a week, sometimes seven.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: The least is about three. Someimtes I can be on for a good long time.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No this would be my first.

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Because I believe I could help where I was needed, and this could help me get more experience. I would love to help keep CS family friendly and make sure its safe for everyone. This is a great site and I would love to be apart of the team that keeps it that way.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Ive done peer mediation in the past. Not an extensive amount but enough that I think would help.
Free pets! First come first serve
~Rick Sanchez~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BluePupper » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:40 am

I've got a question.

I know my account hasn't been around for as long as it needs to be but I have had a lot of experience with the internet and I silently stalking this site without an account since 2011 because I didn't have the time for an account. I qualify with all the other aspects but not the account age. I have memorized all of the rules and understand them all. So would I be able to qualify for this or do I have to wait?
BluePupper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naira » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 am

karkat_vantas182 wrote:I've got a question.

I know my account hasn't been around for as long as it needs to be but I have had a lot of experience with the internet and I silently stalking this site without an account since 2011 because I didn't have the time for an account. I qualify with all the other aspects but not the account age. I have memorized all of the rules and understand them all. So would I be able to qualify for this or do I have to wait?

I think this will answer you question:
Nadine wrote:
Jasmine the Kat wrote:I have a question before I fill out the form. I haven't had this account for eight months, however I have role played on my older sisters' accounts before. Three of them are molly-sue and Snow Eevee and nightwillow15 and they've been official members for far longer than I am, so does that count towards the eight months? I only made my own account because they both quit when life got too difficult.

No, they won't. They go by the account you are on.

If you need help with something on CS, you can use the help system OR ask me!

TradesCharactersNew dAArt Shop{closed}GRP Club!Helpful Guide
Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Skully Custom Art, By Fitch <3...Custom Skully, by TheCalicoTabby
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ekio » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Jan 22, 2009- though I have pets from SWK still ^_~
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3276
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: On a daily basis really unless we are out of town.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: As of late it's been short, because of my youngest, but since he's older now I'll be back to my several hours a day logged in. Honestly, if my computer is on, CS is a tab that's open.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: No I have not.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I've seen the site grow and watched growing pains happen. I think the community here has been great for a long time and I'd love to be able to help keep it that way.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I'm a mom so peer mediation is my daily job. Two boys old enough to argue all the time. I've been a PTA mom for a long time so handling conversations between parents and teachers. I know it doesn't seem like it would relate to an online forum, but believe me, it does. My inbox has always been open to anyone who needed to talk, I'm happy to help where needed and I don't like to jump to conclusions about subjects.

Thanks for considering me and best of luck to all!
.:Char Thread:.
.:Art Shop:.
Blueninja and kaileggo are my sons. They may trade with each other from time to time.

Ekio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Abissh » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:47 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: September 14th, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6246
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every Day
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Many hours. I have a Chicken Smoothie tab open whenever I am on my laptop(Which is most of the day. I'm usually awake from 9-10 am until 1-2am), and I have a Chicken Smoothie tab on my iphone. I check CS on my phone often in between college classes.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I have. I am a moderator at the Dreamie Den:
Link Here
I also run a free writing help thread:
Link Here
I am also a mod at the Original Characters Club:
Link Here
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to be a moderator for one big reason, and that is to help others. I set up my free writing help thread because I love helping people out. It makes me feel very good inside when I can help people with something, and they are happy about it. I've always liked to make people happy, and I would do anything to ensure it if I could. I also understand the assets of a Family Friendly website, and would love to help Chicken Smoothie stay that way. There are some other websites that may not be intended for younger members, and I understand the difference between them. I am mature enough to see if something is not right here on cs. I do not like to see people bashing anyone, or anything for what they or it might contain. I do not discriminate between fandoms, but have seen a lot of that here on cs, which most times, ensures fights. Being a member over at the Dreamie Den has taught me how to deal with those who do not follow rules. I believe that individuals who do not follow rules should indeed be warned, and informed of their misdoing, but treated as a person as well. Using kind words, and gently telling someone their mistake usually gets rid of the problem immediately. Though I am not afraid to step it up a little if a problem persists.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I am an Anthropology Major and Student in College, which means that I study humans and culture. My job insists of studying the human mind, and understanding other ways of thinking. For example, issues between two people. If someone from one culture disagrees with someone from another culture, I have the knowledge to find out why this problem exists, and what I can do to help. It's not only those from different cultures, but those with different view points as well.
Last edited by Abissh on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

<--- Click here for my art shop! ♥ (っ◔◡◔)っ
Abissh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me