Small update to forum buttons, user page, foe list

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

x

Postby skyline » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:38 am

yes! i definitely like the new colors much better. not that i really disliked the previous colors, but i will agree with the fact that they were a bit too bold and colorful.
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Small update to forum buttons, user page, foe list

Postby Alfor » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:53 am

I've quickly gotten used to a majority of the updated/new buttons. However, the profile buttons (ex: pets) being off-center still bugs me. They would look nicer if all the buttons were the same length.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:50 am

Not sure if it's already been suggested, but maybe an option for button sizes? Just like a "small" or "large"?
I personally prefer the older version and wouldn't mind an option to switch to the older layout, but if that's not possible or in consideration, I'd love a size option
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:05 am

i really like the color change to the buttons, it feels so much better and distracts me less. The report button is still incredibly distracting and due to my sensory condition i'll never be able to just filter that out. But i'm really happy that the profile buttons don't distract my attention as much as they did. The fact that they don't line up equally is irritating however.

milkkittea wrote:Not sure if it's already been suggested, but maybe an option for button sizes? Just like a "small" or "large"?
I personally prefer the older version and wouldn't mind an option to switch to the older layout, but if that's not possible or in consideration, I'd love a size option

Being able to edit the size of the buttons would be amazing! Maybe keep the current size the default and give users the option to change them to a smaller size in their board settings or something? I think this is a nice idea.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darkin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:38 am

as i appreciate the update, i just wish there was an option to be able to go back to the old layout in board preferences. though as a positive, i love how the buttons are toned down.

hello
adult · she/they · infj-t
darkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:40 am

Well, I didn't really like the new forum buttons mostly because I use CS on mobile and it was already easy to click the report button accidentally when it was small, now I click it all the time. I also don't like that the profile buttons aren't the same size, they don't line up and it looks a little odd

I think that I'll eventually get used to the other changes and that overall it looks better than before.
I also like the foe list name change, I always felt like "foe" didn't reflect how I used it. Foe gives the impression that you have something against that user and really dislike them and that's not always the case. Most of the people on my block list are there just because they like to trade in a way that I don't like (ex: have showcases or ignore trades that they don't like instead of cancelling) and I just don't want to trade with them. I don't have anything against them and it feels odd to have them as "foes". "Blocked" at least for me has a wider range of meanings and seems less harsh so I like the change

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:49 am

It seems like a lot of people liked the old links better and I do too. I do like the re-designs on the last page showing the buttons to be the same size. Either the one with two line or one would be a great improvement. I's sure I'll get used to what we have right now though, but as long as my ability to PM myself isn't taken away, then I'm good.

As said above, I like the change from "foe" to "block" as it implies its function a lot better.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:23 am

Thanks for updating the buttons on the business theme to be less colourful!

The buttons do make this feel more like a proper kid's site, and I can appreciate that. Also a big fan of the change from foe to block, though friends & foes did make sense. Good QOL updates!
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌳

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TrulyBrilliant » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:Although I'm personally happy with the update, maybe a design like this would improve it even more? Just a little personal suggestion! I am not involved with this process at all.

I would really dig this or something similar to this! This is way more pleasing to the eyes!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Oh just

xxx

your mouth
and

xxx

that you  are

to me

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

┌─────────────┐
codingart flight rising
tradeshoardsdisplays

└─────────────┘

┌─────────────┐
AJ aka TB, Tru, or Truly
She/Her ▪ Reader ▪ Kickboxer
Hoarder ▪ Night Owl
❝ Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind. ❞

└─────────────┘

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
TrulyBrilliant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitty teeth » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:34 am

TrulyBrilliant wrote:
Burrito Bunny wrote:Although I'm personally happy with the update, maybe a design like this would improve it even more? Just a little personal suggestion! I am not involved with this process at all.

I would really dig this or something similar to this! This is way more pleasing to the eyes!

I like this but I would want them smaller and not as bulky
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me