Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Mods wanted - apply within!

Postby alliegator » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    January 26, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    Yep!

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    I visit frequently throughout the day, but at least a couple of hours every day, barring any offline complications.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    I have not, but I have moderated a few (now defunct) blogs before, and was an editor for an ARG a few years back.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I'm online all the time and I always find myself circuiting back to CS. Even when I'm not online, I talk about CS with an offline friend who I got addicted as well. In my frequent visits throughout the day I usually end up generally lurking and watching boards, and would love to turn that into a more helpful scenario that would benefit the community instead of just passively doing nothing. I've been a denizen of the internet for many years now so I've gotten a thick skin, so insults and stir-ups don't generally get to me, which from what I've seen current and past CS staff get, that seems like it would be quite important.

Also I'm generally a very helpful person and try to logically attack a problem instead of just going for what I feel, which in my past has proven to be a much better way of diffusing an emotionally charged situation, should it arise.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
    Yes! While I do not have any language skills to help with, I am currently in school for Child Development and I have a part time job as a nanny for two small boys. I realize that CS has a much wider age bracket but I've been told I'm very good at my job, and the concepts are widespread. I've also taken related psychology courses, and personally researched how to talk to others in difficult situations, and how to work to come to a compromise that suits everyone while keeping a level head. C:

That said, I've also worked in food services, so I had to learn how to develop a "customer is always right, even if they're wrong" attitude and how to handle a situation in a fast paced, high energy environment without alienating or invalidating the person I'm talking to. Also how to diffuse a situation without having hot soup thrown at me, but thankfully I think that skill won't be necessary online haha.

I also have proof on CS of being dependable as I've been a helper for the Outcomes Thread for several months now, and unless I have offline issues, I keep my charts updated quickly and neatly.
alliegator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ragani » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:07 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 21 December 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3040
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yep I am certainly old enough and I can handle it.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 5 days minimum a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? at least 3-4 hours a day ( trading needs patience *nod nod* )
Have you moderated on any other forums before? No I have not
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I always wanted to be a mod for a website and since I am an average time here on this one to know how things goes I would really like to help the people who create this. I would like to help make it better or at least help to let it stay the way it is. I wanted to apply before but I missed the chance sadly.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I can speak German as well as English and I am also a patient person who likes to solve problems. I have a Youth-helper schooling which includes:
- helping to solve heavy situations in a peaceful way
- calm people down
- trained to listen to the right part of problems
-staying neutral

Good luck for everyone applying!
Ragani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylie101 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:40 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member? :
~We registered on Chicken Smoothie on November 19th, 2011.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying) :
~2649 posts

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval :
~Yes

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
~Every day

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
~Usually 4-6 on weekdays due to work, and 6-8 on weekends.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
~No, we have not

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
~I would enjoy being a moderator on Chicken Smoothie because I love to help out others, and I try my hardest to give back to the community. Without being a mod, I still try to do as much as I can, but I feel that with this position I can further in helping others.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
~We can speak a good amount of German, as well as limited Chinese and Spanish. We are good with teaching and giving people support. We both have tutoring experience from high school and college, with guitar for one of us, and we both have tutored math classes. We are quite familiar with rarities, and lending a helping hand, so responding to help tickets would provide a good activity for us. Also, we are able to sort out disputes, we picked up these skills while tutoring classes.

(This is a joined account between two sisters, Rylie and 101.)
In active search for UR Tigerdog, if you have one, please PM us :) Thanks!
Rylie101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~Sharni~* » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:23 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 17th August 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5226
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It varies but except for when I am at college I spend most of my life on CS
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: N/A
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I have been a member of several poorly moderated sites before and I have seen what poor/lack of moderation can do to a site and personally I hate it. I spend a lot of my time surfing and lurking CS and often I find myself reporting stuff to the existing moderators. I would love the chance the help keep CS free from rude and inappropriate behavior. Also, even though I get along well with many CS members, I do not let things like that cloud my judgement, nor do sob stories work on me.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Not exactly however due to the nature of my college course it does call for a high level of maturity and responsibility. Especially when working front of house or on the bar so I have picked up many skills on how to deal with people in various situations and I am sure I can transfer those skills onto CS.

*~Sharni~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nighty » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:40 am

August 7, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum:

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.

Everyday. I like to check out different forums and see what everyone else is doing.

I'm usually on and off every day. I spend several hours a day on chickensmoothie. I like to go on in between classes. I have a lot of down time in between classes that allows me to go on CS frequently.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
No I have not. :)

I would love to become a Mod because I like helping people. I love the idea of helping others when I started on CS I was give a lot of help and direction from Mods and other really nice users. And this is one way that I would really enjoy giving assistance to others just like it was given to me.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I am a people person. I am not a rude or mean person. I take bullying very seriously. I am currently a coach for young girls in cheer leading and I deal with a lot of parents and children and I have used my mediation skills to keep situations under control. I am very sensitive to the opinions and needs of other people. I speak clearly and with care.
Nighty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rose Sinclair » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:31 am

(( Question, I read the first post and it said "Applications will be open for at least 5 days, and will not be closed until we feel we have enough applications to select from."
With the rate that applications are coming in, is there an estimated end date? c: Thank you for any help. ))
College motivation pls
Whoo
~
Rose Sinclair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the crown, » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:12 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: I joined March 12, 2011.
How many posts have you made in the forum: Currently, I have 1,094 posts in all sorts of forums.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval?: It's horrible that people feel the need to do such things, but I am willing (and old enough) to take the risk.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I try for everyday, but I just started all honors classes, so my schedule is extremely busy, but I always get on for extreme amounts of time on the weekends.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I usually shoot for 3-3.5, but sometimes the amount of time hovers around about 2 or 2.5.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: I was the admin here.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I have tried, tried, and tried to become a moderator on a successful website like Chickensmoothie, and my posts were overlooked. I know I have the requirements, I just may not, unfortunately, look the most professional out of the candidates.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I speak Spanish, and I am learning basic conversation in French, German, and Japanese. I'm outgoing, and I am not afraid to speak my mind. I can identify with other people for some reason or another.
Other?: Thanks for this opportunity Tess, it means a lot.
hey y'all!
it's been a fun ride but i am signing off.
thanks for all the fun i had on here!
xoxo crown
the crown,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonlight_girl » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 am

November 16th, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Yes, I am old enough

Every day.

Anything from 6-10 hours a day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    No, not officialy. I've mini-moded different adopts and such things.

I've been an active member of cs for 6 years this November and I've been around for many of the changes through the years. I know what it is like to be new on this page, I had a hard time understanding the rules at first. I suspect that there are a lot of new users that don't read the rules / understand them properly and I believe that I could help these new people to understand them. In the long run reducing rule breaking. I would also like to help with administrating the forums, so that the right topics are in the right places.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
    I bring a positive attitude to the table. I enjoy learning new things, and quite honestly I believe I am really good at learning. I also enjoy challenges since it gives me a chance to evolve, if I were given the chance I am sure that I would be able to rise to the occasion and fill the shoes of a mod.
Designs that are made by me or
bought from me can NOT be sold or traded!
If you nolonger want the character
that was made by me, just send me a
pm and return it!
Art thefts are not tolerated!
Read over these before ordering a design
from me;
http://sta.sh/0luvu15wu4e

•My DAM's• •My Nukitta's• •Art shop!•
•My plumie's• •Ask me!•
    Having a hard time right now, I will work on art as fast as I can..
moonlight_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby <Lapis•Lazuli> » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:39 pm

:( wut u have against peeps older bro! I opened this and got super excited cause I thought I could apply but... Then I saw must be 18 to apply and my heart sank to my feet. I can easily act 18... Be mature, be responsible, be respectful, and be kind... I mean anyone can do that and I'm surely mature enough for a job like that! I play minecraft and I'm mod or higher on almost all my servers! And I have seen more than someone my age should... So nothing would surprise me or freak me out. Sorry if I'm stating a point that u have already heard and have reasons why only 18 and older. But I would just enjoy sharing my opinion with people who might care.
Thanks for hearing my voice!
~DarkArbon
"I'm Lapis Lazuli, and you can't keep me trapped here anymore!"
<Lapis•Lazuli>

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Sorry, but the 18 or older rule has nothing to do with maturity.
There's some serious legal action that can be taken if a site willingly gives minors access to inappropriate things. CS does not want to get in trouble with an angry parent and a dozen lawyers behind them, so it's easier for everybody to just state "adults only". You don't want the site to be shut down over something like that do you?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me