Oekaki Weekly Challenge - thoughts please?

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Oekaki Weekly Challenge Board: Your thoughts (tick all that apply)

I don't use or visit the oekaki boards at all
7%
I use or browse the oekaki sometimes, but I never go to the weekly challenge board
12%
I sometimes browse or draw in the weekly challenge board
13%
I try to use the weekly challenge board every week
2%
I like the weekly challenge board the way it is and don't think it should change
4%
I think we need longer than 1 week to submit entries for the weekly challenge
8%
It would be good if some of the old weekly challenges were used again so that we could do the ones we missed
14%
It would be good if we could submit weekly challenge ideas
21%
It would be good if the weekly challenge is announced at the top of the forum each week to remind us to check it
20%

Total votes : 2912

Re: Oekaki Weekly Challenge - thoughts please?

Postby Alawai » Tue May 06, 2014 12:25 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yep!

2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: I believe I've entered once, but I watch the board regularly.

3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: One week seems to be enough time c:

4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Maybe offer an old challenge, and a new one? So that the people who have done the challenge before, don't get bored.

5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? I think they're great! Some have definitely got my creativity going.

6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: It's not that I don't want to use it, it's just that I'm busy most of the week and don't have time to draw. It's hard for me to be active, even on the regular boards.

-and a suggestion? Maybe we could have a member dedicated to creating the challenges, kinda like a "challenge creator mod"
• dyna | she/her | adult •
––––---–––––––-–––––----------
––––---–––––––-–––––----------
• barista | digital artist | character creator •
Alawai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scootercore » Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes, I have
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: I've tried once, but I couldn't find a ref so I had to stop.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think perhaps two weeks, I know I've gone without a computer for long periods of time.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: I think so, because some people hadn't even joined and would love to give it a shot.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season): I really like the ideas, they seem challenging and fun, and I would love to try the "draw your fursona as another species" idea ^u^
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I'm pretty new to it, I guess I just hadn't given it a try.
just an old timer looking to get back into the swing of things :] wip!
scootercore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MTT-Brand Cute Juice » Tue May 06, 2014 3:15 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) Yes.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: No.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: No! Let's make it Monthly Challenge!
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: That would be fun!
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I like most of them, especially the Weekly Challenge break, because everyone drew anyway! But the ones that involve fursonas might not be the best idea. People miss out on the challenge because they don't have a fursona, and the challenges may be pushing people who don't want fursonas to get them.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I'd love to, but my computer's security settings went against ChibiPiant before I had a chance to! ):
* VALKYRIE
* SHE/HE

* Just here for the rats.
* I'm what I like to call
"bad at trading."

World's Worst Sibling

* Don't ask about my
gender. I don't know either.
MTT-Brand Cute Juice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tailish » Tue May 06, 2014 3:16 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3)
Nope.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?:
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?:
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?:
Maybe, but not too often. Otherwise it gets boring.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season)
I think that the themes are okay, but a user-inspired theme (like where we get to vote) would be cool.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it:
Uhm, my computer doesn't like oekaki. :(

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
███████████████████████████░█

█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
▪─────────────
trade auction link
─────────────▪
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
x

Hi, I'm Tailish! I love
reading, horse
riding, and also space.
European Parliament
elections June 6-9!
European? Vote!

pfp img
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
─────────────▪
BLM EU credit
▪─────────────
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

███████████████████████████░█
Tailish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasps » Tue May 06, 2014 3:42 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: yus
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: no, I don't have time/skill
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think it's fine personally
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: yeah, why not?
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season): I think they are very creative and really do insprie people to get up and do something new
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I feel that I am not a good enough artist to actually post, and for people to look at it. Plus I don't know how graphics tablet pressure works and stuff

────
hrnn im medicated now but that
doesn't change that
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
Слава Україні | BLM
DJ/general nuisance
he/him
adult lol
discord @ jasper#4992

─────────────
art cred <3
jasps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Tue May 06, 2014 4:58 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) yes
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Yes, 3 times
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Depends. If the idea in my head is complicated or I miss the Challenge, around 10 days for a challenge would be good.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: yes! we have missed some really good ones!
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) They are interesting, at the least
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it:
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

╭──────────╮
zave/eve
he/him | artist
» avidae
» ravlins
the shrike to
your sharp and
glorious thorn

╰──────────╯

<-- lineart by phoenix-alikan
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stxrdog » Tue May 06, 2014 5:04 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes!
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: 3 times xDD
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Yeah because it is the offcial WEEKLY challenge
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yes!
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? They are great! They are very grabby and it wants to make you try them!
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: N/A
stxrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Tue May 06, 2014 7:56 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) Oh yes!
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Yes, 4 times.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think it may be too short, but, Im not sure how long to extend it.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yes.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) Some were really fun! The alarm clock at 6:00 especially!
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: Mostly I just forget.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PaintLily » Tue May 06, 2014 11:59 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: yes
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: yes, five times
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I might be enough time, but I think maybe make it just a few days more or two weeks or something like that
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yeah
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? They're really cool and fun
Last edited by PaintLily on Thur Feb 34, 1492 2:18 am, edited 567 times in total.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Christian. │ My avatar was drawn by BlueOrca2000

MMMMIMagic,
MMMMIStatic,
MICall me a fanatic.
MIIt's our world!
MMMI~ Skillet

MI(Song: The Resistance)

^ By emblo ^ v By Sparkleparty v
iIYou can take my heart,
iiYou can take my breath,
iWhen you pry it from
iimy cold, dead chest.

MMMMn~ Skillet

MMMMl(Song: The Resistance)

~Please Click my Babies~
Also, if you could click anybody
Mihere, I would appreciate it

MMMMMnMy foxerflies. >>
MMMHuman Tano - winter.sunset
MMIQuad Tano - PeanutButterRum
MMiiBouncy Pixels & Couple Art of
MMMMMyawahn & Roi - Lunar.
PaintLily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Tue May 06, 2014 12:06 pm

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Yes, 2 or 3 times?
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Maybe a little short, 2 weeks would be nice and maybe extended to 3 weeks around holidays and finals.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Maybe have a set that's reused every year? Then artists can see a direct comparison of their new art to the old, and make up ones they missed.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? I haven't actually been looking at them, so I dunno. x3

Personally I stopped using the Oekaki boards a long time ago, because I'm just much more comfortable with other programs on my computer. It's hard to focus on the art and the flow if I have to think about the tools and options. Also I cannot get the pen pressure plugin to work, for some reason, even with help from others on the help board. But, as for the actual system, I like it and would be glad to use it if I didn't snag up so much on the program itself. ^^
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me