GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby .Pardalis. » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:16 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:20 am

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1367

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yep, usa based. Old enough to drive, enlist, and be married with children.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
5 but often more, up to 9 most days..

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
Not officially, no. I did however hold the job as an official artist who also moderated for a year ]:http://petraiders.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=fe6b7b77b17b8d811d54c3cc00a086db

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I spend an enormous amount of time here. I have previous experience and I have the patience of a rock. I know the rules, including nuances from being a active member for almost three years. I've worked as a real life moderator for families in crisis. This is a job I am good at.
I love the site too. This wouldn't be a position I take lightly, it would be a responsibility to take pride in.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Oh, well as I mentioned above, I have served as a family mediator. Things get real heated when the house burns down or a wealthy family member dies. I've got practice with handling really emotional people with respect and without bias. I do speak some japanese and Spanish, but only enough to be functional. Not sure if that helps.
.Pardalis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Sep 30, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Lol, what risk? I majored in art in college, so nothing unseen. But, yes I'm a good bit over the age mark and totally fine with it.
7, I keep tabs loaded on my browser and CS is always opened up.
I would say at least 5 hours a day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Alas no.
It would be nice to have the responsibility of helping to keep this site nice. Plus, I am on here so much right now as it is, I may as well add some helpfulness to the site rather than just having fun. I am both serious and helpful depending on what the situation calls for. When mistakes are made I rather give a warning or heads up. Blatant disregard for rules would not be given such 'leeway' and immediate action would be taken.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
That I don't mind doing the dirty work or tedious work (IE moving/deleting topics). I am an experienced artist and role player and feel I can help out in those areas if need be. I know basic HTML. Am fine with explaining things to be as clear as possible.
I wished I were better at filling out forms. But, thank you for the opportunity!
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 pm

09 Jan 2009

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I am.

Everyday.

Hours and hours. If I'm online I have a CS tab open and I'm online pretty much all day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
No I haven't, but I was a General Helper here on CS for a while.

Because I would love to help keep CS clean and safe for everybody.
I decided to stop as a General Helper because of RL taking my focus, but everything has settled and I feel that I would be capable of helping again.

I do speak a different language, but most likely not one that would help here.
I know the rules of CS and I know where stuff belong and where to find stuff, such as links and qoutes from rules and announcements etc.
I can usually see both sides of the same story/issue, I'm capable of acting without bias and insults have no effect on me.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solo. » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:24 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)

19th September 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)

Yes I am willing to risk seeing adult content when viewing posts that are waiting for moderator approval

I go on everyday unless something bad in RL has happened. I obviosly get on more during the weekends and holidays because I go to school (Uni)

I get on at least 4 hours a day, this vary from day to day.

No I haven't but I have observed people moderating and have assisted them

Chicken Smoothie is a great site that I have always loved playing, I have fun and forget about all the troubles in RL and I have got to meet so many users that are all lovely! It has deffinately came a long way for when I stared and I would love to see it come along even more in the future years. I would love to help it out, it would be an honor. I would also love helping out any user that need help and newer users that need help learner anything. I am very patent and calm and have a great humor. I also love meeting new people and try to help them as best I can.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

I can speak Italian and German.

I am a good leader

I can handle a situation well
(I deal with people upset daily so I can deal with upset people well as well as angry people)

I know the rules of CS

I am very patent and calm and can help people easily.

I am approchable
Last edited by solo. on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solo.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aireiya » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 pm

October 18th, 2008,

9044 ^.^

Yes, I am.

I'm usually online every day of the week, unless something comes up in Real Life.

I usually stay on for two hours - but there are times when I have been online for at least 12 hours. But my usual time is between 2 to 8 hours.

No, I haven't.

I want to give back what CS has given to me - an amazing community, some of the nicest people I've ever met and a lot of other things as well. CS has become a part of me, as cliche as it sounds. I always look forward to the time I head home from class just so that I can log in and see how everyone in the community is doing.
Besides, I like helping out in general, and I'm always nice to everyone I speak to. ^.^

Well, I can speak Filipino (but I haven't seen a lot of Filipinos on the site, so I'm not sure how useful this will be).
And about the peer mediation - I've done it several times before when my friends get into fights - not fist-fights, just word-fights. I'm quite level headed and will always try my best to provide my opinion from the perspective of someone who's seeing the fight happen from an outside angle.
╔══════════════════════════╗
No onsite trades please!
Reiya's Offsite Trades (Flight Rising) . Skyheart ~ Kyiera . Reiya's Adoption Center

Reiya || ARMY || BTS Enthusiast
Tell me about forever just one more time
Just Dance || Euphoria || Serendipity || Love || Singularity || Seesaw || Epiphany
Currently stuck in the MDZS rabbit hole pls get me out of here ;_;

╚══════════════════════════╝

Aireiya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pindelle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:05 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
I joined January 14, 2012.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
About 1114 total posts.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Rest assured I am older than 18, ready and willing to see content that may not be appropriate for CS users.

At least 6 most likely anywhere between 6-7.

At least 10, possibly anywhere between 10-12.

No, not quite yet. I'd love for CS to be my first.

I'd love to be a mod. Not just because of a colored name, though, I'd like to be able to help users and clean up forums whenever it is needed. I feel I am ready to accept coppa posts, and any task needed.

I can speak Japanese, and have much skill in keeping things organized and under control. I am always free for questions, and most of my free time is spent organizing things as much as I can, thou not on this particular site, and I feel cleaning up a forum would help me improve on My organization skill.
Last edited by Pindelle on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pindelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed May 13, 2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum: 9782

3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I have no problem with seeing adult content.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit everyday as I quite enjoy the site

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend a lot of my time here on CS and am able to devote a lot of my time to just wandering the site.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes I was a mod on [Akita] before I was promoted to admin

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? When I look at the moderators, I think; wow, they have dedicated their time to make CS a better place, and I want to be like them. So basically the moderators are my role-models. I would like to be a moderator for CS because I enjoy helping out and becoming a mod for CS is my ultimate dream. I want to be able to help out around the site, I may not really know as much as I claim to but I still like to try and help people out as best I can. I would be more than happy to be a CS mod as I really love this site. This is a wonderful site and being a mod would be the very best thing to happen to me.

This is the first time a game has really caught my attention and kept it. I truly love this site and want to help keep it running smoothly. I would consider this a huge and amazing opportunity to work alongside such amazing dedicated members of staff, it would be a real honor to work with all the amazing people who are already so revered in the CS community. It would be a great thing to be able to help keep CS, friendly, nice and enjoyable for people of all ages.

I try to help out around the site as best I can. I see way too many harsh posts or multiple ones that break the rules and it seems like it takes quite a long time for anything to be done about them. I understand that enforcing the rules takes someone who knows when to be firm and when to be forgiving. I'm sure mods get a lot of grief from users who are not so keen on being told off, I believe I would cope fine with the all the users who whine about how unfair it was for them to be given a warning. I have never and will never share any super personal information on site. Being able to help out would not only be wonderful but also a very serious good opportunity Being able to help out is something I would not only enjoy, but take very seriously.

I have seen the fights that go on for pages and pages of threads as well posts that are offensive and rude. Being a mod would make me able to delete these posts to keep down the spam in threads so they do not get locked and or deleted.

If I get the position I will put my heart and soul into making CS a better place for everyone ^-^

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
(this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:16 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 28th, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 108 113
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 8+
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to be a moderator for CS because I want to make it more enjoyable for everyone on the site so they can have the same amazing experience I have had so far on CS.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
Yes, I was in a mentor in my high school for younger students and I have been a leader in a youth group.
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:28 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: April 1st, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): Currently 5220.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes - I am old enough and I am not bothered by mature content. :)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every single day if possible - I rarely miss a day but it may have happened when I was out of town or something.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? To be honest I'm not quite sure but I end up spending at least 3+ hours a day on here I believe. It's easily my most active site by - quite a lot.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Not - this would be my first time officially moderating anything. I do try to let the mods know when I do find off-topic, rude, spam, or rule-breaking posts here on CS though.
I would really love to be a moderator mostly because I love CS. It's the only pet site I've been able to hang onto and never tire of. If I had the chance to help the site run smoothly and assist players with site rules and keep the threads in working order I would love to help. I understand that there are difficulties with it and I know it will be a large responsibility. However big of a task it is though I feel I am ready to take it on. I want everyone to be able to have the best experience they can here on the site and I would love to help make that happen. I know that it might not always put me in the best light but I am willing to take any criticism that might come with my duties. One of my favorite things in the world to do is help out and I think this would be a wonderful chance for me to help all kinds of people from all over the world. I was so excited to see the moderator position open up lol. :) I have been watching since the general helper applications were open (and I wanted to apply then - but my account was too new) since I have really wanted to help out somewhere on the site but the rest of the jobs that came up were not what I was passionate about so I didn't apply. Becoming a moderator would be incredible. I would really love to make a difference for the site and offer up my time to help my fellow CS loving users. :)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I have actually previously worked in the social work field and I am heading toward a social work major in the near future. My favorite thing in the world is helping people and I want to be able to be there for others if they ever need anything. Helping others is my passion and I think this would be an incredible opportunity for me to pursue that. I also do speak semi-fluent Spanish and can carry on a typical conversation in Spanish. In addition I suppose I should mention that I have been exposed to CS since late 2010 via my sister's account - although I did not really play I did see her play from time to time and have known the general site rules since then - now much more so since I have my own account and visit daily of course. Thank you very much for this chance! :)
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby R0be0 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:06 am

April 8th 2011

Yes I am old enough, and I'm willing to do so.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?;

On a typical week I'll vist CS each and every day. Its sort of like my coffee, I can't really go each day without it.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?;

Hm, that really depends on the day. But because a lot of my classes are done via the internet (or can be), I'll always have CS open as well. Besides that, I'm on my cell whilst at work, and sometimes during class. So quite a few hours each day. Like I stated before, it's a bit of an addiction to me.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them;

I have, but sadly I am not able to find the links. (So you'll just have to take my word on it.) But most have been wetpaint, proboards, WEBS, etc... Nothing too major.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?;

There are a lot of reasons that I want to be a moderator. First off I think that I really want to make a change on the site. I know that the current mods do a very good job, and I certainly think that they deserve their titles, but I've always wanted to help out. I'm someone who always likes to keep things in check for everyone. I've had a few strikes against me in the past (which have been removed, and were during my first year as a member), and I could tell how fusterating it was for the moderators to report it against me. It must be tired to try and take on a site with what - close to 300K members. If there's any way that I can help I'd be more than happy to do so. Even if I don't become a moderator, I really enjoy helping others. There's not too much that I enjoy other than helping others. Both in real life, and on the internet. During school I was someone that was always known to help other people, and once I started, I wouldn't stop until I resolved their problems. At the same time I've never been afraid to be a bit assertive either, considering that sometimes people need a little bit a of push. I hate it when I see other people get angry however, but I know that when dealing with any job (especially something like being a global moderator) that sometimes people won't always be happy. But you've got to try as hard as you can to try and make sure that you and them are both happy. As a moderator I would like to keep this in mind, and make a few people's days with that way of looking at issues.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position;

+ I'm great with computers, (which sort of been a give in due to the time I spend online), and so I can help people with any sort of problem that they may have with access CS, other websites, etc...

+ Though English is my only fluent language, I also know Spanish, and German. (More so Spanish than German). I know that English is CS's default language, but I also know that there are a large amount of German players on here. (I'm like a magent to German CSers!)

+ Considerate. As you might have already been able to tell I'm a very considerate and friendly person. I love chatting and speaking with others, and while mods sometimes tower of members (of course not intentionally!) I'll try my best to keep my head straight and my mind clear. I love meeting new friends, and while I'll be serious whilst doing my job, I'll always be open for members to talk with, for any problems they might have! Even now, if you have a problem feel free to message me about it. I'll try my best to help ya out!

Thank you for considering me! And a (pre) congratulations to whoever gets the spots!
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
R0be0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me