Oekaki Moderator - Applications closed.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Oekaki Moderator - job applications now open!

Postby the.kitsune.prince » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:05 pm

mikaylahj wrote:just a question
how can i see how many pots i've made and when i joined?

thanks

It's underneath your username.
You have enough posts, but haven't been a member for long enough so unfortunately you can't apply. Don't worry there will be more chances in the future x

adult - uk - fox
---
dA - toyhous.e - Fursona
---
Image Image
the.kitsune.prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loenna » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:11 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply): I joined on May 18th 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 2963
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Depends on what I am doing that day but at least 2-5 hours.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. Sady no.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Loads of times!
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yep :lol: I look through the boards going "wow that art is amazing!"
8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? It will be fantastic to be one, help people with their oekaki approve of Coppa's drawings!! I would love to be a member of the chicken smoothie team and I know I will not let anyone down.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I wish I did but I don't :)

I will also deal with the people who have had warnings calmly and not get upset over their comments, I have had a lot of Bad comments thrown at me whilst I have been on websites some hurt but I now know how to deal with them and I think this will come in handy if I get picked :)
thank you so much!
Last edited by Loenna on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loenna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeee » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:13 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:13 pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
5875 total posts.

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day; I will never not be on CS, unless school work/vacation/other very important things. And yet, when I have school I go on in the morning for an hour or two (depends on when I wake up, which is usually 6:30 AM-- and it doesn't take me long to get ready) and after school at aproximately 3:10 PM I am absolutely free.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Err... Well, aproximately all day unless I become tired. When school starts, it will be, probably from 3:10 PM to sometime in the morning; 6:00 Am, possibly. Yes, Im practically addicted to the computer. But Im proud, I do spend time with my family and sorts so don't be worried bout' that.
Well, every day almost all day is what id say. Im not completely sure as we may have a suprise trip sometime,

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Not any other forums, but many different shops/RPs/other things.

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes I have; quite alot, but most of the time I do color-ins because im waiting for a tablet for christmas. I for-surely will beg (or save up) until I get a tablet, then I will do alot more drawing.
I assure you that.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Usually 1-4 hours of my time on CS, not all together but that's aproximately (inbetween post-checking or other thing sessions) how much I spend looking around the oekaki board. I am extremely into chasing down art theives, and inforcing rules is pretty much what I do.

8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I want to be a Oekaki Moderator for CS because I have never moderated a different site, and this could be a great oppurtinity for me. I am very patient and understand, a good problem solver, and very well with fights/art theft suggestions, as people have told me.
CS Is my favourite site ever, my favourite forum site, and Id love to be a oekaki mod here because I would love to help out the CS team and be a part of it. I always will love CS, and will spend as much time as possible here, and id looove to help out.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I do have experience in peer mediation, and im also well at tracking down art thiefs. I have read all of the Oekaki rules (aswell as all the site rules), so I know when something is theft and I spend at least one-two hours of my time on the computer searching through photobucket pictures, or Da pictures, just incase someone tries to getaway with that. If someone continues to argue, im very good at negotiating and I will never get so annoyed I just burst; I am very patient and understanding, I do give everyone the right to state their purpose if I suggest its art theft, and I, even when not a moderator, don't usually tolerate it. I go straight to reporting. I do have great abilities to listen, be serious, but also have fun. I have to say, I am very mature, serious, active,and respectful to others. Always.

Thank you for this oppurtinity, and good luck to everyone.
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vayentha » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:16 pm

;Stella
Dude, I've been dreaming of spots opening!

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
June 16th, 2010 [13-16 months]

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3895 posts so far :3

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every single day unless I've been banned from the computer ouo
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On days I visit, usually around 6-9 hours maybe? I go at school, after school and at night XD

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No sorry, but I have "experienced" being a moderator before on a really old forum, but I don't remember the name since I quit and have been unactive for over 3-4 years now ;-;

Oh, I'm an artist on PixelForums and Lana is an Artist on RainbowBanana but I don't think I've had any other control in the forums XD

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Definitely! I love using it actually, that's one of the main reasons for me to go on CS, other than making friends XD
Japanese doodles + fun + canvas + tools + help + tutorials = Oekaki XD

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I spend most of my time on it.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I'm obsessed with oekaki, and would love to help moderate the forums as best as I can! I want the Oekaki forums to be clean from art thieves/ing and non child-friendly pictures. Too much art thieving these days, my characters have been stolen ;-;

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Well, I am mild-tempered and I don't throw a tantrum, or snap my head off my neck, or rip out my hair etc. but I can sometimes get a temper. I usually stay calm even still though, just to prevent fights, arguments, etc.
I also love to help people in need of it, I love to get the feeling of generosity when you help someone :']

Looking at all the other member's artwork, mine's just dull and boring, but I love to help people and I like being more serious than I really am at most times XD

Last thing, Fiery Gatoh is epic, and I would be honoured if I made it into the same group as her <33
Last edited by Vayentha on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mostly inactive, 2010 player
Vayentha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluish » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:19 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Friday, October 8th, 2010.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
3 296.
Every day, unless access to the internet/a computer is not within reach.
Maybe 4 - 5 hours on a weekday, longer on the weekend.
Nope, sorry.
Yeah, a few times. At the start mostly for experiments, but there's a few serious pieces in there. I'm working on one now ^^
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yeah, actually, quite usually.
I want to me an Oekaki moderator for this site because I love to see the new art, simply. It's great when people can just comment and admire the art, as oppose to arguments cluttering the picture. It's easy to start an argument but not so easy to ignore one - I am confident that I can do this. I would like to be able to allow new posts into the forum because I think it's awesome to see new artists blossoming and not so new artists still improving.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Well.. there's a lot of times where I've browsed the Intermediate and seen drawings that don't quite come up to standard (opposite with Intermediate posting in Beginners), or are accidentally placed in the wrong forum. There's also been a couple of times where there's been argument on an Oekaki (eg. someone criticizing and the artist doesn't want criticism) so I think I could help to stop that. Not to mention the people who forget to reference. (; I'd be able to calmly remind them about that and apply the correct punishment if they break the Oekaki rules.

Thanks for reading my application, and of course, for the opportunity. (:
~ and I will take what is mine, with fire and blood ~
Bluish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh my gosh, this is my absolute dream. I love working with CS oekaki and I've always wanted to be an oekaki mod o3o

What date did you register as a CS member?:
October 13, 2008- although I was not active on the forums until late October 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

7 days a week, no matter what time of year it is.

I've never counted, but usually it's pretty much all day. x3
I will probably come home from school and go on CS to relax for an hour or two, then take a break for food and homework, and come back online until about two in the morning.
(It's worse on weekends and holidays. xD)

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have moderated a few forums, but unfortunately I can't remember what one of them was called, and a few have since been shut down :<
But I have run my own little forum a little while ago, though it was mostly just people from my club on another site~ http://secretclansshh.freeclanforum.com/

Lol yes xD I've made over 350 drawings just since last October, and a vast majority of those drawings are my own, not colored in

Yup, quite often.
I usually browse for a good chunk of time each day. Collectively, it's probably at least an hour or two a day. Sometimes I just visit the intermediate board and click through many pages to see the incredible artwork people have posted there.

I spend almost all of my time on CS drawing in or browsing the oekaki. I do sometimes post on drawings which are breaking the rules of the base they were colored in with, or are displaying obvious art theft, and I sometimes tell people tips on how they could improve their art (if they want them, of course~)
I want to help new or younger members learn what art theft is and to prevent them from doing it, and I know how to help people with anything to do with oekaki, whether it be how to install Java or make oekaki run on their computer, or questions regarding the different tools, how to make lines smooth, how to shade pictures correctly, using layers, the different layer settings (i.e. overlay, multiply, etc.), make fur look realistic, or even anything to do with anatomy and such (though that may not be completely necessary as a mod), as well as any question that may come up.
People already, I think, look up to me in the oekaki boards, and I think I can make even more of an impact on the CS oekaki. I would do my best to move any drawings that need it as soon as possible, or to clean up anything like art theft or drawings against the rules.

And, as I said above, I've always wanted to be an oekaki moderator. I want to make the oekaki boards an enjoyable and relaxing atmosphere for anyone and everyone, and to help people realize that no matter if it's in beginner's or intermediate, it's still art no matter what. :3

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I am usually a very level-headed person when dealing with arguments, and I won't tolerate art theft, rudeness, or anything that doesn't need to be on an oekaki drawing, since I have had instances of art theft with my own work, though I won't be too harsh about it. I am also a polite and calm when dealing with heated situations, and I have already had quite a few people PM me for help with oekaki and other art.
Additionally, I can help people who need advice when using a mouse on oekaki, since I did so myself until just earlier this month. I can also help if anyone need to know how to use a tablet, since I have one now and I used one for a few of years in the past.
This will help me to be the kind of mod who is not intimidating, and who people aren't afraid to ask questions to.

Just a little P.S., I also saw the part of the first post about~
members who have previously proven themselves to be mature, respectful, friendly, active members of CS.

I feel I've proven myself to be all of those things on the forums, and though I may have made a few mistakes in the past, it has caused me to grow in maturity and learn from them, and such has made me a more respectable member of the forums, one who people already do come to with questions. c;
Last edited by brian emo on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asterrie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:29 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) I registered on Saturday October 11, 2008 11:06 am, although i really began real activity in about May of 2009.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) I have posted 2111 times before this post.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Usually I visit CS everyday :)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It really depends, during exam periods and such i will be on less but generally i try to stay on for as long as possible, at least 2-3 hours on a free day. Of course i will do my best to increase this time if i am a part of the CS Team because i know there are things to do and people that are waiting for assistance.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have done so in a couple of sites, however they are now dead and they never really had too many active people so to be honest I don't have that much moderating experience. Of course, there's always a place to start and I will work my all to improve wherever I can.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, I love using the CS Oekaki, it's a lot easier to use than Paint which is the alternative if there is no internet available. I have to admit that i really have to work on my oekaki skills because I am not very skilled at drawing with a computer mouse, but that's all the more reason to practice and try more!

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I really enjoy browsing the oekaki boards, especially looking at the intermediate-levelled users as i can try to learn from them and try new techniques that they have used. I also enjoy looking at the beginners because I am one of them and it is always interesting to know how your peers are doing. On the days that I have time to spare, I usually go to the oekaki section to either draw or admire the 'artworks' and i often spend an awful long time there.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I really want the position of an oekaki moderator because I really enjoy helping people and I want to play my part as a CS Citizen. When the oekaki was introduced I was pretty terrible at drawing, but as much as I'm not a perfect drawer I have developed the skills and I think that it would be great if I could help the people that were in my shoes.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?) A possible benefit I would have to this position is my age. Although I am considered a young user, i am quite mature and patient. The reason why my age would help is because I've realised that many of the newer users are young, and they might not want to listen to elder people. As someone around their age, I can understand their feelings and sort of 'know' what they want as a response because I have probably thought that way not too long ago. I can change and adapt my behavior and they way i 'post' to what each person is like, maybe that would be an extra plus.

Thanks for your time, I just realised I wrote an awful long response. If i manage to get the position, thank you very much because i would be honored, its quite a privilege to be selected through so many applicants for one or two spots. Good luck to the others, and I'm sure that whoever ends up as the new Oekaki Moderators are suitable for the job and are perfect for it.

EDIT: Correcting up so minor problems that may have caused misunderstandings
Last edited by asterrie on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love to draw in anime style!
deviantART
asterrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:31 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Wednesday May 13th 2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5069

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit everyday

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend around 12 hours prehaps more on cs each day

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes I was a Mod but was then promoted to admin on akita [here]

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes I have four self made drawings in my gallery

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes I love to look through all the art that people have done

[b]8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?

Its my dream to become a staff member so thats one reason. I want to be an oekaki mod because I would love to be able to keep all the pictures made in the right sections as well as keeping the forums art theft free. I would do my best to move any drawings that need to be moved as soon as possible, or clean up anything like art theft or drawings that are against CS rules. I want to able to clean up the forums and keep them nice and shiny clean for all the users of CS not just people I know. I would like to give something back to chicken smoothie and also have a greater sense of purpose here rather than merely living in the crowd with everyone else.

Art theft is something that I hate with a passion, and I have stopped it in its tracks a few times now. When I look at the moderators, I think; wow, they have dedicated their time to make CS a better place, and I want to be like them. So basically the moderators are my role-models.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Last edited by Queen Vivane on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deadly Nightshade » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:43 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 3rd 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum: 2837
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday!
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 5-10 hours
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes,Many times!
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes!
Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Because i can make sure that the art goes in the correct place as i know the difference between Beginners and intermediate! I have always wanted to join the CS staff ever since i joined and i will deal with art theft as soon as i see it! (Which is extremely quick)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I can, everyday make sure the oekaki is clean so there is no art theft, no art in the wrong place and nothing that can harm the oekaki boards!

Thanks for your time!
~Deadly Nightshade~
Last edited by Deadly Nightshade on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Years on CS!
Deadly Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Deadly Nightshade wrote:What date did you register as a CS member?: September 3rd 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum 2837
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday!
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 5-10 hours
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes,Many times!
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes!
Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Because i can make sure that the art goes in the correct place as i know the difference between Beginners and intermediate! I have always wanted to join the CS staff ever since i joined and i will deal with art theft as soon as i see it! (Which is extremely quick)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position

I have one question that may sound silly but can someone explain to me this because i do not quite understand:
Checking and approving new posts/COPPA'd members posts before they appear in the oekaki boards

Thanks for your time!
~Deadly Nightshade~

I believe you look over their post and if you approve, it can be posted, but if you don't it will not be posted.
;3
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me