Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby wild~ » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: United States
Around what age are you?: 14

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since November.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: Everyday, before school and after school, since school is almost over I'll have a lot more time to spend on CS!

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Every single day! I always have time to check in on my pets, and visit all the forums.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Yes, in fact I have- http://www.derbydreameradoptables.webs.com/ That's the only one, even though it's not even close to as big, I really like moderating and running the site.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I spend most of my time on CS and absolutely love it! I would like to help out this rapidly growing site in anyway possible. You, Nick, and all the moderators are doing such a great job with the site, and yes, it is hard to keep track of all the new members that are joining! I like to help people, and have met a lot of new, and great, friends. I would like to give back to CS in anyway I possibly can! I am strong-willed and always stand up for what I believe, but I always do follow the rules and urge other members to do so too. I'm very active (sometimes too active :lol: ), and find it hard to believe that some people would actually resort to art theft and breaking the rules. CS is where I am spending most of my hours on, and I want to let that continue.

Any other comments?: Thanks for reading this application. Like I said, I'll be happy to help CS in anyway possible. I really do want to become a moderator on CS, but I do know whoever you pick will do a great job!

Good luck to everyone!
-Gypsy Flower
Last edited by wild~ on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
wild~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basti » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:55 am

What country are you from?: United States (EST for Timezone)
Around what age are you? I'm 14, but trust me, I'm not much of a goofy, immature teenager, I'm mostly more mature than most of the kids in my school.
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since October 21
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Nights durning the school week (between 2-11 PM EST), and basically most of the weekends unless I have plans.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: The average weekday is about 4 hours, more or less. With a few hours more on weekends.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Just on small roleplaying forums and a chatroom. Though unless you count "Self-Appointed Mini-Mod" as a moderator X3
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I love this site more than words can describe, it's really great, and I swear I'm not saying this to butter you up. I've seen what can happen on this website, from very new newbies asking "how can i make pets?" to art theives, and I'd like to help stop this.
Any other comments?: Times I've put down can always vary, depending on if I need to stay after school for art-related things, sports, etc, or if I have plans.
basti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kio » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:19 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: Poland ^_^
Around what age are you? I am 13, but I am mature, when I must. I am more mature than most of teenagers in my age.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since first October
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I come here when I have a minute, always, I clean my room, when I can't, so mum let me come here ^_^
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: 2-5 hours daily
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: hmm... I now one! Here ^_^. My nick in this site is Kio. I have so much forums, but Polish, so I think it's not good idea to show it (1st- you don't know, what is here write, 2nd- I must find it xD)
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I often see others members breaking rules, I PM they about it and they just say: "Who you are? You're not mod, you can't do something with me!" It's annoying.
Any other comments?: Umm... I think nothing, but I wish I can be...

My deviantArt

My art thread

My art shop

My art auction

Signature art and avatar by me! x3
Kio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MiseryBliss » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:17 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: USA
Around what age are you? 16

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since September of last year. But I have been adopting pets since July. =3
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Daily. And I pretty much always do. On school days, I usually log on before school, am on for about a 1/2 hour, and then am on following school, on and off, for the rest of the night. If something interesting is happening, I'm usually on for it.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Weekday: around 5 hours, Weekends, most of the day.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No, I don't really spend that much time on any other sites.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I think that helping people out is fun, and I also think that I am strong willed enough to correct people if they are wrong, and to deal with difficult members. I also believe that I know how CS works well enough to properly address all issues that could come about.
Any other comments?: I think that I am a good choice to be a moderator, because of the time I spend on the site, and also because I have been a dedicated member for a long time. I am usually pretty nice, and I think that I could help people out with questions, but I can also be stern, and correct people if they refuse to listen to nicer warnings.

This is quite the opportunity, and I think that you guys will pick the best people for the job.
Good luck, I'm sure there will be many capable candidates!
Trinket is less than amused by this holiday.
MiseryBliss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirage. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:12 am

What country are you from?: Canada

What age are you?: 12 *sigh* And I have the maturity of a 12 year old. Which isn't a bad thing, just meand I'm not trying to be an adult. I'm going into Grade 8 next year, turning 13 October 2nd.

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since the later part of August

How often can you come on the CS forums?: Everyday, the time can be different from day to day though. On weekends, a lot, on weekdays, a bit less, but still pretty good.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Around 2 hours a weekday (not this week because I have exams, but on normal days), unlimited amounts on the weekend.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites?: No, but I'm confident I could do a good job.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I really, really want to help CS out, and also, since I write the CS Times, I think maybe more people would read it if I were a mod. I think the mods need a bit of help now that the CS community has drasticly grown.

Other comments?: I think I mentioned everything in my application. Ah, yes, if writing skills were needed, that would be perfect, because I'm a pretty good writer. Also, summer is coming, so I would have insane amounts of time on the forums to get the hang of modding.

Good luck to everyone!

Hugs, Kiki

Edit: I had to change my name to 12. (because I am 12) I'm extremely sorry for the false answer. When I go on other sites, there is almost always a "can't sign up unless you're 13 or over" thing. (which is dumb, because they're pet sites) Ihave to be careful what I say because if people find out I,m 12, I get iced on some sites. That gave me a habit of saying I was 13. Hope you forgive me and still consider my app.
Last edited by mirage. on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
KIKI SAYS:

back for summer event...
mirage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Veggievampire » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:28 am

What country are you from?: England
Around what age are you? 19

How long have you been a member on CS?: Ever since October 2nd although I knew about this site in August.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I come on here every single day,when ever I can (which is most of the time)
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Every single day.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No but I believe I am able to do the job.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Not for the benefits (Whatever they may be) but just to know that I am helping a great person and her mods to do a good job,also to get rid of those irritating noobs (...) I just want to help and have dreamed of being a mod on a great site for a long time.
Any other comments?: No not really...

Good luck everybody :3
Hugs and kisses
Veggie~ AKA. Entei
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamanaka Shin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 am

What country are you from?: USA
Around what age are you? 17

How long have you been a member on CS?: since February 11th

How often can you come on the CS forums?: every day, for as long as possible (usually at least 3 to 5 hours)

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: at least 5 hours on a school day, 10 or more on weekends. it'll be more over summer vacation.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: yes, it's not really a site but it is a chat box http://xat.com/TheAwesomestSauce

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I absolutly love CS for the wide variety of beautiful pets, friendly people, role play, and different chats. It's fun coming on here everyday and seeing the new suprises that may greet me. Plus, I have found great friends who are very nice to me. Browsing the trades and adoptions and role plays gives me much inspirations and many ideas as to how i can help and contribute. I'm strong-willed and don't back down from problems that need to be solved direly. My IQ was tested and it came back above average. I have a large vocabulary and can be very talkative, so I can answer questions whenever they are asked with fairly lengthy answers. Even stupid questions won't be a problem. As long as users follow the rules, I'll be a fair person and guide them correctly. It is bascially my job already, even though it's not official, to help users in need any way I can. That is the duty of all members of CS. We need to help those that struggle with problems.

Any other comments?: All the mods here I've seen seem to be very nice ^^ They're so helpful to all the fresh and new CS members. And they have good senses of humor too. I really am grateful to both Tess and Nick for creating this wonderful site ^^ And I trully hope it exists for a long time.
Last edited by Yamanaka Shin on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yamanaka Shin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serena » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:52 am

What country are you from?: The Netherlands.

Around what age are you? Sadly, under 14, I'm 12, but people have mistaken me for 14.

How long have you been a member on CS?: Saturday, 23th of August, 2008.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: As good as every day.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Let's see.... In a week, at least 13 and a
half hour. That doesn't include weekends, with only makes the time longer.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Yes... I have, it was coolepokemons, sort of a MSN group, used to be busy, I had to shut it down for a lack of active members.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd love to help CS out, and I thought that it could never hurt to try, since everyone has their hands full, I hoped I could help out a bit. ^-^

Any other comments?: Not really, except maybe for there is a week that I can't come online much, need to figure out the date of it. I'm having a test week then, seeing that I'm still 12 and I'm still in school. ^-^

...I think that's all ^-^
Good luck to all the others~
"We can't giggle, it's a crime scene!"
ImageImageImageImage
<3 Stray Dog is my Loyal Pet and my Scourge Sister <3

Want help but don't want to wait too long for a reply? There's a new Help System just for that! =]

"You're staying alive, staying alive."
Serena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby m a r c h. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:04 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: USA-- Central Timezone
Around what age are you?: 14 since March

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: I have been on CS since September last year, though I never was active until October.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: Especially now that school is over, I can come on the forums every day. During the summer I may have full day activities that would obviously cancel out me being online, however, I try to make a point of visiting everyday though some days it may be later or earlier than others.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I usually spend 10-12 hours on CS a week. -can you say ADDICTED?-

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No, I've never been a mod on any other sites because it takes alot for me to fall in love with a a website. I do try to help out over at the Creature Breeder forums.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: CS is one of the best websites that I've found. I love to roleplay and CS helped me tone my skills. The people here are all very friendly and the atmosphere is comfortable. I love to help out and it would be great to help releive some of the pressure off of Sorren Fey, the other mods, and you, Tess. My pet peeve is rule breakers and rule benders, and though I am sure that I may have broken some rules when I first came here, I have learned from my mistakes and will not make them any more. I am usually pretty nice though I am not afraid to correct people if they break the rules, etc. I am not afraid to be known as 'the mean mod' if I was just doing my job. I want to help out and correct people if they make mistakes or break rules but, it is hard for me to do that, not being a mod, because I don't want to 'backseat mod'. I absolutely ah-dore CS and I want to keep this site alive. I know there are many others, like me, that feel the same way.

Any other comments?: The times that I put may vary this summer because I am planning on going to some overnight camps. I will make an effort to be on as much as possible. :3
Last edited by m a r c h. on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
& if you have a m i n u t e,
why don't we go
talk about it somewhere only we know
this could be the end of e v e r y t h i n g
so why don't we go
s o m e w h e r e only we know

Info Box wrote:mood; crabby
status;online
currently seeking;'08 tribals
Links wrote:dA;Pixi3-P0P
trades; clickity clackity

+++
<3 wrote:be warned,
i
LOOVE
sending random
gifts to
random users
m a r c h.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LexyTorell » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:09 am

What country are you from?:

United States, Texas

Around what age are you?

37 next BDay

How long have you been a member on CS?:

Since about the start of February, I believe. Oh, nope, looks like it was the end of January! Wow, I didn't realize it had been that long. LOL

How often can you come on the CS forums?:

I'm lurking around the forums most days for at least 4-5 hours each day.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:

In an average day, I spend close to 6-7 hours a day. Each week, I'd probably say I lurk around for close to forty hours on and off.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:

In the past I have owned, or moderated several sites. I used to be site owner of an online simulation known at Triad Weyrs. We had a very extensive forum system there and during several server moves I would set up and moderate/run them all. Also, currently, at Furry Paws I am what is known as a Newbie Helper and have been for several years.

During AOL's heydays, I did several things on a volunteer basis there. I was a Guide, someone who would pop into chat rooms and/or forums and ensure that AOL's TOS was being adhered to. I also spent some time a member tech support type person who would take member's questions and such and try to troubleshoot any problems they may have or just simply answer questions over just about anything on AOL.

Finally, for several different groups ranging from official AOL groups to member created groups, I've been a moderator/chat host for many Star Trek and Babylon 5 simulations.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?:

Simply put, I love Chicken Smoothie! LOL Okay, so I understand that is the standard answer you'll probably get from everyone, so let me expand on that.

I've always enjoyed helping other people. Even when I'm not an 'official' type moderator/guide/etc, I do my best to step up and answer people's questions or give them help in any way I can. It's just the type of person I am. I tend to pick up on things fairly quickly and have a modicum of common sense so I think that's one of the reasons people have come to me for help in the past.

I also know that it is a position that isn't easy. Quite often, moderators or others in those types of positions are the ones who get the brunt of people's ire when something happens that they don't like. I've always had a tough skin and can usually handle it fairly decently so that when the situation is all said and done, the person in question can walk away with a better understanding of the situation, and hopefully at least semi-happy with the outcome. Not that that happens all the time, mind you, but that is my goal when I try to do something like this.

Other than that, I suppose I just feel that I could do a good job for Chicken Smoothie and the other members by aiding those who need help, and by being tough, but fair, to others so that everyone can enjoy their experience here on the site and forums.

Any other comments?:

I've not been the most active member on the actual forums until now as I've been feeling my way around and doing my best to get the feel and rhythm of Chicken Smoothie. I have added my input into a few posts, and do use the trades and adoptables forums quite a bit. However, that doesn't mean I'm not there and reading and watching what is going on. :)
LexyTorell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me