Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Mods wanted - apply within!

Postby rennji » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:24 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Tue Apr 10, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum?: 11230

Without posting your age, are you old enough?:Yes,I'm old enough and I'd really love to help you ~

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: every day and night,I'm online after every half hour or an hour or so~

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: All day.I usually sit on my computer whole day long~

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them?: Yes,I have c:

It was an old rp site thats probably dead now,and I usually help people too c:

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
CS is a great community!I want to help by joining the staff and and help other members who need help.I love to help people,and CS is my favorite site,so I'd be delighted to help out on here too c:

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: Main CS help and I speak danish,french,irish,italian,arabic,urdu,japanese,english and chinese c:
Last edited by rennji on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
rennji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:34 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:18 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 14489
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: All 7.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: At least four hours, unless I am on vacation.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I am sorry, but other peer moderation experiences I have has been on Minecraft servers, and in real-life situations.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I have seen CS as a comfortable place and would like to take more action in the community!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I have a... sort of unique way of moderating, and ruling things out. I also have very basic skills in French, and am taking classes to strengthen it.
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smamm » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:42 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
      June 22, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
      Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
      Every day

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
      Depending upon the day, 1-6. I tend to hop on and off frequently.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
      Yes, I've owned and moderated many proboards websites. Many are dead/in maintenance mode, so I apologize.

Young, Rich, and Fabulous
      Blackthorne Academy
      Twilit Wolves -- A New Generation
      Beginning of the End

I also owned the semi-literate to literate role-players club for some time, before I retired myself from roleplaying.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
      Honestly I'm genuinely interested in lending a helping hand in any way that I can. I think it would be a good way to spend my time here, as I don't really have much to occupy myself with (aside from completing my collection!). I have what it takes to solve the problems I will be faced with, and complete any tasks. I've worked in teams my whole life, and being said I think I would be able to melt fluidly into the chicken smoothie team.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
      I have the communication skills necessary for such a position. After taking my nursing courses, I was introduced to models that have heightened my ability to settle both interpersonal and interpersonal conflict using different techniques and protocols (such as "I" statements and being as understanding as possible). I have presence, but I am not domineering, nor do I think I could ever be. I'd like to say I'm scaffolding; I know when it is necessary to intervene, but when to hold back. I have effective listening skills, I posses a good discernment, I exhibit critical reasoning and imaginative thinking skills, and I have the right mix of common sense and intelligence. I'm able to handle disputes around the forum, and will not get upset nor lash out, even if frustration is being taken out on me; being a INTJ personality, I tend to just take as much with a grain of salt, realizing the person is likely just frustrated.

--x--

That's all from me! Thank you for your time!

Also, best of luck to everyone else! c:
Smamm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumnlp99 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:58 am

This is just a question, I would like to apply but i have only joined a while ago, but i had a account on here in the past with more then 8 months but i quit cause of schoolwork so i know a lot about the game, can i still apply?
Hey everyone! You can call me Autumn! I love to collect and trade!

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:04 am

AUTUMN6550 wrote:This is just a question, I would like to apply but i have only joined a while ago, but i had a account on here in the past with more then 8 months but i quit cause of schoolwork so i know a lot about the game, can i still apply?

The staff only go by the account you are applying on - no previous ones are taken into account. Since your account is unfortunately not 8 months old, you would not be able to apply.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yoyce » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:07 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
20th August 2010.
Exactly today is my fourth CS "birthday"! =)

18057 posts.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Of course, this doesn't bother me at all.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Hard to count; at the moment when I'm on vacation it's up to 10-15 hours a day; when I have work it's still not less than 5 hours or more, depending on my schedule. Even if I'm not posting, I'm browsing the forum constantly or just have it open and refresh from time to time to see if anything happened.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes and no at the same time.
I moderated old Polish DragCave forum some time ago as well as one in-game RPG forum, but they were deleted/died because of inactivity long time ago and I can't link to them. Telling "I have moderated X and X forums in past" and having no proof is basically the same as not moderating any, that's why I said "yes and no" at the beginning.
I'm also able to partially moderate the forums of my (Polish) anime translating group, but to be honest the forum is so small, organised and quiet place that I don't have to do anything there.
If we count the CS threads too, my biggest joy is the Adoption Center for Coppa'd players that's running without any pauses/going on hiatus for over a year now. We organise a lot of contests, raffles and other activities for Coppa'd members as well as function as the help/support centre for them and we can say it's a "little mod's" work. ^^
I'm also one of the monthly charts makers group since the last summer event (it's been a year now!). =)

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Because why not? I'm here for a long time, I'm willing to help other users and make CS even a better place. I have a lot of time to sacrifice for the community and quite a knowledge of what's approved here and what's not. I'm a General Helper now and so far have helped many players, but I want to help even more. If I can do more, why not take advantage of this opportunity? =)

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
My favourite recruitment question, often called as "advertise yourself". xP
First I'll say about the languages even though You've read it many times when I applied before, I'm fluent in English, German and Polish (the last is my mother-language).
Secondly, I think I'm old enough to deal with the problematic situations/quarrels without getting engaged in the conflict. Thankfully I'm not in the famous, problematic teen age any more and I can keep the distance. =)
What's more, I'm a very active user, post every day in many threads. I think it's very different for the staff to be part of the community, not above it. I can tell from the experience both as usual user and General Helper that some people prefer to ask for help someone they know or at least see often because they're more familiar with the person. I think it's very important for a moderator to be active and to show users that they can ask me for help any time they need it.
What's also important, I'm very often online when most of the staff is offline (pets grow in the middle of the night for me) and there's night/early morning in US. Just today when browsing the forum I've seen the user complaining about posts getting approved slowly at night (I don't blame our mods! We all need sleep and You do fantastic job!) and I think I could help. When the US sleeps, Yoyce is awake and guards the forum. xP

Thank You for the consideration and good luck to everyone! =)

Edits are correcting little mistakes and adding facts I forgot to mention in the first place. =)
Last edited by Yoyce on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
After years of commitment to the site I was treated like a dirt, falsely accused and judged by almost everyone with no chance to explain. I do not see the point to stay here anymore, so it's a farewell!

Your life is important. Have a good one.

Contact the Raccoon Master:
>> FlightRising << >> deviantArt <<
Yoyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:41 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply): 5th May 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply): 15887

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes!

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: cca 8 hour +-

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Yes! I’m one of the administrators on the Czech site: http://www.postavy.cz/uzivatel/lufik12/

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I love CS and I everytime wanted to help here sometimes. Try to make page better and help to other to enjoy this game. Also… I’m here almost 6 years so I know this site very well. So I can tell other where they can find what they want or I can help with rules and settings etc…

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):
My other language is Czech and Slovak so I can help in this part. Also I know rarity of the pets very well so I can help members with fair trades. As next I did graphic high school so I know program Photoshop really very well and I can anytime help or make some banners and other graphics for members.
Last edited by Lufi on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mag.Stars » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:13 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: --Fri Aug 28, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): --Total posts:

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:--Yes I am over the age of 18, and willing to be subjected to adult images, themes, and text.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?-- Every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?--6 to 7 if not more.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them--No. I have not but I have been a mod of a personal chat room.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?-- Plain and simple. I love CS I have been a long time member, and I really enjoy the game, I have invested time and money in to playing. All the mods, helpers, and ect have been so nice and helpful to me, and I would love to give back to the community that has been so kind to me over the years. I want to make parents feel safe that their kids are playing a truly family friendly game and that they have nothing to worry about. I would enjoy being a mod/helper/staff/ or anything as long as I was helping to make the game better and safer for our younger users.
I have been here for 5 years and have used a lot of the features on the site, like the help topics so I can help new users among older ones.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position--I used to baby sit a young child and I understand how angry kids and teens can get and it can become very volatile very quick I am very calm and never lose my temper when talking to those younger then me. in high school I worked as a debate moderator and would often have to stop debaters from having a go at each other and I would have to keep the subject on topic.

I thank you for taking the time to read my application.
Mag.Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RegalElk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:10 am

Sep 21, 2009

1300 (I took a hiatus in 2012)

Yes I am.

7 days a week :3

4+ on weekdays and 6+ on weekends

I have unofficially modded for http://www.memedroid.com/. A lot of times adult content comes up and we have to report it. I have moderated around 5,300 images. Also, I am a Newbie Helper for http://www.furry-paws.com/. Although this is mostly helping newbies with questions, now and then I have to address certain situations and do so politely.

I would love to help out with this amazing community. Being a member as long as I have, I know the site very well and what is expected of me and others. Keeping Chicken Smoothie friendly and PG for others to enjoy is something I am passionate about. I would like to see Chicken Smoothie keep it's great reputation for family friendliness. I want to give back to the community that has been part of my life for the last four and a half years.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I have worked in a customer service job for the last six years and I have to address said situations with politeness, but also firmness. Because of this, conflict and/or people who do not like me because of it does not bother me in the slightest. I am also a leader in several kid and youth activities in my community. I am currently working on a minor in management and have taken several classes on the subject.

Thank you for your time!

edited for number of pictures moderated
Last edited by RegalElk on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
RegalElk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Laure » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:53 am

Hello there!

I am pretty sure this question has been asked many times, but I would like to know the answer...

What is the difference of a person two months (example) short of being 8 months on here and one that has been 8 months. Would two months be such a big difference, between the gaming knowledge of the two people, It could be the person who applies has absolutly no clue about Chickensmoothie, then the person who only is 6 months and has tons of knowledge of this site, and can´t? Why is their such a specific rule that the person applying must be at least 8 months on here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December the 1st

How many posts have you made in the forum:

Yes

Everyday if I am not extremely busy with work and school.

3-4 hours, depending on the day.

No, I sadly have not been a moderator at anything else but I have had experience with my school boards from 2 years ago.

It has always been a crazy love of mine to become moderator, I have always been one fo those people who find situations where people have a problem, a pleasure to solve. Afterall, I am soon studying in Law, to become a Lawyer and work myself up as a Judge.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):

I can speak fluently German and English, currently learning French. I also have been the school peer mediator, for around 4 years.

xxxx
xxxx
[ entp-a
[ she/her
[ proud literature and martial arts enthusiast
[ bachelors degree in green tea consumption
Laure

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes