Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:34 pm

APPLICATION

What date did you register as a CS member?: February 25, 2013 (I recently passed my first year on CS! yay! c:)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1867 and counting :)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? At least once, every single day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Anywhere between 8 or 5 hours, on weekdays it averages about 6 to 3.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? Not on CS, but I have moderated many other sites in the past, most of which were too long ago to remember haha. I used to be very good at it though, and still am c:

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? All the time! I love using the oekaki and looking at all the amazing artwork people post up there :)

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I browse the oekaki almost every day and try to leave comments and faves when I can. It's one of my most favorite parts about the site and I browse it whenever I have the free time.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would like to be an oekaki moderator because I feel I could really make a difference for the other oekaki artists. I really love leaving tips and pointers for people just starting out, and try to help at least one person a day. I really want to contribute a lot more to the CS community in any way that I can c:

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I know my way around the oekaki fairly well, and know how to use all of the different functions. I know how to make things such as transparent oekaki images, use the different functions of the oekaki applet, and use tablet pressure in my drawings.
Last edited by chunkypeanutbutter on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smite » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:44 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: July 11th, 2013

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1770

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Eight, Nah I'm just kidding...seven.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually through Mon-Thur. I'm on about five or more hours, although on weekends I'm usually on about 24/7(8+) unless I'm sleeping or helping my niece out with school.
    5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have moderated a few sites although they were never as large as chickensmoothie or really, even close but I have had experience as I have been a global moderator and a roleplay moderator. I can not link the sites, which I'm rather sorry, the site(s) have either been deleted or I have forgotten(which means it was a couple of years ago -_-). I haven't been offered much for online moderating in awhile or even felt as if I was all the active or wouldn't be of use to the team. Anyways, thanks for the offer.

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? In all truth, yes I have. I have never posted one though as they do not look anything of what I would like to draw, they usually turn out to look like a hamburger that has been squished and...ugh, so many other things. Although I do know how to use it and how to fix things, as I also use other sites for drawing but don't post my works since I would be embarrassed. Sorry if it's weird.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yeah, every once in awhile but usually once or twice a day so I can look at the types of drawings and how lovely people can draw. I have posted there, not a lot...but usually when I remember to comment or if I'm trying to get something, compliment, ect. I do spend some time in the oekaki though, not as much as roleplaying forums but I do spend a quantity of my time there(2.5+ hrs on Mon-Thurs and 4+ on weekdays).

8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would like to be an oekaki moderator as I think I would be a good addition since I can spot art theft, as I spend lots of time on the internet(especially art sites). I also love looking at the artwork and how the artist has drawn the lines smoothly, or give people a chance to color in their lines. I would also like to become a oekaki moderator since I would like to tribute my time to something efficient on chickensmoothie.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) Well, think some skills I can bring to team is that I can easily work with people and control my anger as I've had problems in the past but have learned ways to control it, but that was quite some time ago so I've become more mature. As for another skill is I can spot art theft, as I do spend a lot of my time on deviantart and also a lot of sites that have drawings on them so it's easy for me to see if someone has drawn someone elses drawing or used it out of hand, ect.

With that, thanks for letting me try out for the position. Have a great day!
supposedly me
Hey!

You may call me Smite, anyways.
I love to help out as much as I can.
Just PM me if you would like me to
answer a questions, then again
there is also the general helpers.
Although if you have an important question
that you think I can't answer then do
and go right ahead and send a help ticket.
You will most likely get a great answer
that will help you out.

My Avatar Image Does Not
Belong to me and belongs to rightful owner.

Partly a work in progress.

Smite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antler apathy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:15 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
January 29th, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
13,179 in counting
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I visit CS daily
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
I'll most likely be on and off continuously throughout the day which comes up to about two to three hours, maybe four to five on weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
unfortunately not really. I'm currently running my own oekaki adoptables though, The Rainy Shepherds.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:
Indeed! I drew on it a lot a year or so ago and then I had some problems with oekaki so I stopped. But recently got them fixed so I'm back to drawing on it~
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
yes I do! I like looking through the oekaki forums to browse all the nice creations everyone has c: I watch the adoptable boards pretty closely in particular
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
I'd just like to offer my services and help out around here! I'm an artist so I'd love to help keep the oekaki boards appropriate and friendly ^^
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I'm very friendly and approachable, I enjoy answering questions c:
I like to give others respect and treat them fairly
I am in touch with a lot of the CS community and participate in multiple large clubs and threads
I know the oekaki program and all if it's features well
[ oh you were a phonograph, I was a kid
I sat with an ear close, just listening
was there when the rain tapped her way down your face
you were a miracle and I was just holding your space ]

art trades: ask | commissions: closed [info here]
my character list | my deviant art
antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SSQM » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:27 pm

I first registered January 28th, 2010.

I have made 3,394 posts so far in my CS career.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

I get on almost every day. So, I would say that I get on at least 6 days a week, if not every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

I am on for an average of 3-4 hours every time I get online. There are other times when I can be on longer, though.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?

Unfortunately, I have not.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?

Oh yes. I'm quite familiar with oekaki.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?

I do browse, but sometimes do not post. I love art, however. What people make is so beautiful and I'd love to be closer to it.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?

Well, I have lots of time to dedicate to CS. I would love to help out more people and by being a member of the CS Staff, I could become more involved than I already am. I would love to help keep the oekaki boards clean of art theft and helping keep things organized. I take jobs very seriously and can have a professional air around me, especially about art. While keeping my serious demeanor for my job, I am very friendly when offering help or advice. I love CS and I love art. This job lets me become part of the force that brings both of those wonderful things together.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)

My love of art spans past CS into what I wish to do for a living, which is graphic design. I am proficient at identifying art theft. I also was part of a Peer Jury for two years of grammar school and all of high school. It is a lot like Peer Mediation. I helped kids close to my own age learn from their mistakes by assigning them volunteer work either in the community or around their school. I often dealt with kids who, while they knew that they were guilty, could become rather hostile with their words, so I am no stranger to keeping cool under fire. Even while having words that were not exactly child-friendly thrown at me in that program, I remained fair to their actions and did not let their attitude stop me from trying to treat them with the respect and fairness that everyone deserves.

I do not have a problem dealing with things that are offensive or inappropriate. However, those things do not belong on CS, so I can handle that part of the job as well as anything else I might do for this job.

Thank you very much for this opportunity. I'm sure, as always, that you will choose the best people for the job.
Last edited by SSQM on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSQM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby April410 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:34 pm

6-7

Depends on homework. Anywhere from 2-5 or even all of the day during the weekends.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
http://wildforestwarriors.webs.com
http://nightcryptics.webs.com

Yes. I haven't had any recent ones however because it doesn't work on Macs, the number one computer in my household, and my Windows Computer (which I recently obtained about a year ago) has broken and has yet to be repaired. Will start doing it again as soon as I can though

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes. There is some amazing art out there!

I have leadership skills both online and offline. I work with others really well, even if they are difficult to work with and always look at it in different perspectives so I can do well. I've had to be the middle man between close friends and absolute strangers on forums before and I treat them as equals. I don't feel others are below me.
I also know what art theft feels like. I have had art taken from me without permission and I know how angry one can get when you work for so long attempting to get that one foot right and then later seeing that same piece traced with little to no effort. Because of this I will know how the artist feels and if i do catch art theft I can act upon it in a swift, but kind, way.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I have been a councilor during a camp one summer and in the leadership of the large marching band I am in. I've also been the leader of my own role-play and many friend groups. I also can draw and have a fantastic memory (can see and recognize duplicates/similar drawings with ease)

ImageImage
FLIGHT RISING
┌──────┘✮└──────┐
CS/FR Chat Mod
Profile | Dragon Sales

└──────┐✮┌──────┘
CHARACTERS
┌──────┘✮└──────┐
ToyHou.se | Chara Sales ∙
└──────┐✮┌──────┘
MY ART
┌──────┘✮└──────┐
Patreon | Deviant Art
└──────┐✮┌──────┘

THE BASICS
┌───────────┘✮└───────────┐
FemaleNeutral GoodUSAISFP
└───────────┐✮┌───────────┘
NOTES
┌───────────┘✮└───────────┐
I'm still trying to clean out my Inbox.
If you're on the FR Chat I'd prefer to be
messaged on FR instead until I get this
mess under control, Thanks!

ASK ME ABOUT D&D! I'm a 5e player!

I'm a behind the scenes person and a
lurker. Congrats if you catch this cryptid
in the forums or your inbox.

└───────────┐✮┌───────────┘

-

April410

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:14 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined April 10, 2011

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Up to date, I have made approximately 7221 forum posts and counting.

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I tend to visit CS on a regular daily basis, so 7 days a week.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
The length of time I spend on CS can vary greatly. For example, Monday to Wednesday I may only spend 3 - 5 hours browsing each day whilst Thursday to Sunday I can spend anywhere between 4 to 12 hours browsing the CS forums. I usually keep it open in an window somewhere on my browser so I always have access to CS in general.

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Unfortunately, no, unless you count a few old roleplay threads and forums from way back, around three or four years ago before I joined CS. I don't really involve much of my time on other websites and forums like I use to.

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
All the time! I have many drawings and I in fact spend probably about 90% of my time on CS trying to practice my sketching and drawing techniques. Many of my drawings don't make it to being posted but I still enjoy trying my hand at trying different styles. Needless to say, I've learnt a lot about drawing and layers from practicing with the Oekaki.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Roleplaying used to be my big thing on CS but ever since my roleplay activity has died down, I've dedicated most of my time to simply browse through the forums to look at and admire some of the art other users have posted. I tend to stick around the Intermediate, Challenge, Sketch and Beginner's boards.

8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I have been floating around CS for around about three years now, and aside from the occasional chat with other users on small discussion threads and the roleplay boards, I haven't really done very much in the past to try and really make myself apart of the community. I believe by becoming an Oekaki Moderator I could gain some valuable experience by learning and improving my social and communication skills, something which CS has already previously helped me to better and improve upon. CS has become my site of major interest in the past year so I'd love to try and give back to the community however way I can.

I love trying to help people and whenever I've received a PM from other users in the past on how to do something, such as how to create links or those 'growable adopts' for the other art boards, I have always put effort into trying to clearly demonstrate and assist with answering their queries.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
Although I do not have very many regular friends on CS, I am confident that this would help me resolve disputes and arguments in an unbiased way allowing for things to get settled quite efficiently and without problem. I have nothing against any other CS users and so private information and situations would always be kept strictly confidential.

I am fully aware that not everyone takes kindly to being warned about breaking the rules. I can take rude comments and harsh words fairly well; I am not easily offended. I also often scan over the general rules of CS just to be sure of any changes; and if I'm not sure about something, then I check it again. I'm generally a very thorough person when it comes to making sure if something is right or not.

I'm not entirely sure if it's applicable, but at school I had some basic peer mentoring training which I had to put into practice a few times in dealing with arguments between younger students. In recent years however I haven't had to use it.

As for the CS Oekaki programme itself, I think it's safe to say that I do have at least some basic experience with using it whilst drawing. Perhaps I'm not as experimental as some people, nor had the chance to use the programme to its full potential, but I could definitely help with some smaller problems.

Thank you for your time and opening this opportunity ^^
KWest
Last edited by The Lost Gremlin on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruki Ki » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:27 pm

• October 14th, 2009.

• 3270 posts.

• All day everyday.

• I spend most all my time on CS. I am Central Standard Time and my log on times are the following: 12:30am - 12pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 9am - 11am and 2am - 12pm on Tuesday and Thursday; approx. 9am - 1pm on weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?

• I have experience in moderating personal rps and real life situations. I work with and babysit children, which presents many moderating experience in real life; however, I have not moderated for other sites, as I invest all my time in CS. Despite this, I am rather old (hgnn, sooo old) and mature enough to address situations, understand differing believes, deal with rowdy users, and meet any challenge that comes my way.

• Yes, very much.

• I very often find myself looking through the Oekaki boards. I am much of an art stalker who admires the different styles, techniques, and content that other artists post. Call me a… connoisseur xD

• I remember when I first joined CS and wanted to figure out Oekaki. I was completely lost and didn't understand much at all. As the years passed, a little less than four and a half years now, I learned the program and fell in love with it. Art is my passion and Oekaki has helped bring that passion to the digital world. I want to help budding artists, casual doodlers, first-timers, and everyone in between. And, to be completely honest, I've always wanted to be a bigger part of CS. I want to do my best to contribute and make the site a safer (yet also a more fun) place to be.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?

• I believe my knowledge and experience with both Oekaki and Java. I have used Oekaki for more than four years and have been through just about every change and altercation that's been made, know how to navigate the html coding, and have so much expertise with it. Through experimenting, reading the CS wiki and the Oekaki/Java help guide, and personal experience, I now know very much about the program.
  • Oekaki is my primary tool for digital art. When I began digital art, I worked on Photoshop Elements 7; however, I never clicked with the program like I did with Oekaki. The pen strokes came so natural and very soon I was addicted. I've been using Oekaki since and, due to programs like Sai not being at my disposal, I plan on using Oekaki for years to come.
  • I have dealt with issues on other laptop brands in the past and currently own an Apple Macbook. Despite much of the trouble Java updates have given computers, I quickly figured out how to get Oekaki up and running again (mainly because I was afraid of losing my means of drawing). My experience with different kinds of computers is a plus, I believe.
  • Not to mention, I've made a lot of mistakes in the past. I know what it's like to mess up and post in the wrong place, so I can sympathize with and understand those accidents. But, I know how to locate spam, art theft, and bullying and have reported it in the past before.
Last edited by Ruki Ki on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruki Ki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby E.urka » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:38 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: March 12th 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3842
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-6 hours daily
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: No i haven't, but i've been a mod and an owner in my own clubs and events.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Yes i have, i love it actually.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:Yes! All the time! I love looking at all the talent and looking for editable that i can color,
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: Getting to see all the amazing artwork and all the amazing talent as well as keeping the board safe and being able to stop and prevent any art theft or any other problems users may have.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position; I'm extremely artistic and I work with kids.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

} } } ACCEPTING TRADE OFFERS! { { {

Owner of the CS Atheist Club(18+): viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1139238
E.urka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . : cry : . » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:40 pm

I joined on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:10 pm
4799 as of this post;
I visit every day. c:
I tend to spend 1-2 1/2 hours when I visit on weekdays; on weekends, I spend around 4-6+ hours on CS. I have a very flexible schedule so I can at least visit for a minimum of 30 minutes on busy days. However, high school calls, so sometimes I have homework to do. cx
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
No, unfortunately not. This would be a first time experience.
Oh yes, of course! I draw on there at least once or twice every couple of days, sometimes multiple pictures in one day. I have a thorough understanding of how the program works and actually my art has improved quite a lot since I've started using it. I'm currently enrolled in my school's digital art program as well.
Yes, I love browsing through art! I'm a member of a few art clubs here and I also just love browsing oekaki and recent drawings. c: I'm a very artistic soul at heart so browsing through a variety of art soothes me. (Sketches and Experiments is my favorite board to browse cx )
I will be honest here; I would like to be an oekaki moderator because I love helping people with art. I don't know why, but I do. Sometimes people PM me asking for help with Oekaki, and it brings me a ping of joy when I can help someone with something to make it clearer or to work a situation out. I guess it's just a work thing. I also would like to be a moderator because I feel like I could dedicate myself to this job and hopefully accomplish something in my CS career. I do honestly think this would be a good job.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I've always had a thing for working situations out; several of my friends in real-life come to me for advice or for help with things. I've also worked out a few spats between friends and family, and sometimes (rarely) other students. I am also considerate, respectful, and kind, and willing to help where need be. I've also got connections in several art threads and throughout the oekaki boards, so I know the site and Oekaki well.
stuff wrote:my deersserts;;
call me cry or kraken
. : cry : .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tru » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:44 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
October 4, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Everyday, unless I have to go somewhere, but normally I can at least check it on my mobile.
[url]How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?[/url]
I am on any where between 4-6 hours a day on average. No matter what, I always have a tab open to it and surf between CS an my other sites through out the day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have, though unfortunately all the ones I have are long gone now.
Yup. Though not my tool of choice, it is fun to experiment with.
Quite a bit, I love looking at various artists and art. I love the featured art and the various oekaki species. I am amazed at what some people can do with these tools.
After nearly 6 years on Chicken Smoothie I would love to be able to give back more to this community than just sitting on the side lines. As an artist myself, I feel the oekaki would be one of the best place for me to fit in to the community and lend a helping hand to the site that I love and have dedicated so much of my time and love.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
Apart from being an artist my self, I have often helped my fellow students learn how to use various art and computer programs throughout high school and college, even to the point where my professors have asked me to teach a class on digital art. Apart from that, I have also had to deal with numerous cases of art theft. My own as well as others in various art communities I frequent, including Chicken Smoothie. I know how to remain calm and how to to handle things professional even when the other party in not doing so. I feel confident that I could really help anyone who need a helping hand.
Last edited by Tru on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me