Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW CLOSED, selecting staff

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW OPEN

Postby Punkie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:47 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) : April 27th, 2012~

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply): 899

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I am on every day, minus a weekend here and there.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: At the very least, three hours. Many times I will be on for much longer.

5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
http://hetaliaroleplayfun.forumotion.com/ : I am the owner and designer of this site
http://allwaysrpg.forumotion.com/ : Moderator

6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: I have not, my computer will not allow me too, and I am unable to download the program I need to use it.

7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Yes, I enjoy viewing other peoples art work, its very enjoyable and fun to do and see everyone's different forms of styles!

8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I love to help out with things to my fullest extent. I feel as if I would have a fun time viewing art, and at the same time keeping the site safe and enjoyable for all users.

9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) : I feel as if I am a very easygoing and calm person, making situations easy for me to handle. I'm not the type of person to argue, and be strict at the same time. I could put forth what needs to be done to close any situation, with a user being very rude at the same time and be able to stay calm.
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
████████████ ✧ ███

𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚
┌──────────┐

Hi! I'm Punkie!

☼ Industrial Engineer
☼ Car Mechanic
☼ Member since 2012
☼ Bat Collector
☼ Punk Dog Enjoyer
☼ Video Gaymer

└──────────┘
xImage

████ ✧ █████████████
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━xImage
Punkie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naira » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
It was January 31, 2011.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
3333+ (I am very active)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit CS every day. Kinda addicted to the site. :D
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Well, usually i am on CS the whole day, so around 12+ hours. On weekends i stay 16+ hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
Yes. I have moderated in many places at CS, like topics, i even mini-mod sometimes, and i think i am okay. I love helping users in the Help boards too. The only place i can think of right now is Luna's Dreammie place. (All write all the dreammies applied, answer questions to the users, and help with other stuff c:) Link And in Berenpfote's Hoard Helpers- Link 2. If i find other places, i will edit. I am usually an artist on Adoptable and Editable Oekaki. Oh and i have a site for help for CS, where i am Admin. c:
Have you ever used the CS Oekaki to draw?
Yes, i use it very often. I mostly colormein, but i draw too.( I am usually an artist, and i love the Oekaki)
Do you ever spend much time browsing the Oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Actually i do! I like pretty much to look at the other members's art, and what kinds of art they make. I often write sweet comments to the drawings or art, i think it deserves it. I am interested in arts pretty much (All kinds)
Why do you want to be an Oekaki moderator for CS?
I want to help confused people, to prevent bullying, inappropriate or coarse language, blood gore or everything that can upset some of the people browsing the Oekaki boards.We shouldn't forget the art theft, it's a serious problem i am ready to deal with! These stuff are just impermissible. Also, i kinda always dreamed to be a part of the CS staff, and help with what i can :)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I have pretty much experience in browsing and using the Oekaki boards (Includes the drawing <3). About the peer meditation, i consider every user on this site equal, and i won't prefer anyone, or think he is special. I am a very calm and peaceful person, so i won't do anything like increasing my tone when posting somewhere. I am always looking to help people, and prevent things against the rules (Not only in CS).I explain stuff very good too, well that's my opinion. The most rare thing i do, is to make mistakes, but nobody's perfect. If i make a mistake, i do everything by my forces to fix it.
More, i have many RP's, and topics that i control pretty good, i am a very organized person, and i always do stuff smoothly and right. Oh, and i will have to add that, i don't have any issues connected with, some inappropriate content, i have strong psychics, i am a very smart person, i don't have any anger issues at all, i am kind with everyone, can deal with problems pretty good, i love to help with what i can, i know the rules well, i understand people pretty good, i respect all people, it doesn't matter how they look, what they do (Unless something i don't like of course) or on what age are they, i am wise and love to write everything i have to say.(Sorry if it sounded like a resume :))

Thank you for your work and time reading my application. I love your work, and i want to wish good luck to the other applicants! :D
Note: Actually I may edit the form, if i don't like something about it, i hope nobody has bothers with that. ;) :)
Last edited by Naira on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:29 am, edited 12 times in total.

If you need help with something on CS, you can use the help system OR ask me!

TradesCharactersNew dAArt Shop{closed}GRP Club!Helpful Guide
Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Skully Custom Art, By Fitch <3...Custom Skully, by TheCalicoTabby
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadies » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined on July the 30th 2011.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
23585 forum posts in total on chicken smoothie. (On average 40.88 posts per day)

Every day.

I often go on chicken smoothie on my phone constantly throughout the day on and off. I then come online on the computer when I am able to come online during college frees then I also come online for about 3 hours in the evenings when I get home. On days off college which are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and weekends (unless working) I spend much longer on cs.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
None.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Many times. I love to create art and I really enjoy coloring in people's editable.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I love to look at all the art that people create, a lot of it is unique and interesting.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I would like to help keeping the Oekaki forums clean and I really want to contribute to helping cs in some way as it is my favorite place on the internet. I would like to help out people wanting to learn how to use Oekaki as I understand that for some people it can be quite challenging to use.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
- I use the oekaki program often to draw and have a good knowledge of how to use it.
- I know the sight rules well, and yes I will admit that in the past I had accidently gone wrong when it came to the rules but this was a long time ago and I have learnt from my mistake.
- I helped my friend, star of the heavenslearn to use oekaki by telling her how it works.
- I am good at knowing how to transfer images onto forums and signatures ect, I know how to re-size the images and how to create transparent backgrounds on the images without having to remove the image from the site into another art program or site.
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:22 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 28, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 106 333
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 8 most days.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Indeed I do, we have some wonderful artists here
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Because I want to make CS a better place for everyone on it and I love that art section of CS.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I have worked with kids in a SHOUT program and used to babysit, I am good with remaining calm and unbiased and can deal with mature content and such.
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loka » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 am

I joined on October 9th, 2010.

I have made 15396 posts on the forums.

I visit everyday, even if it is only an thirty minutes to an hour.

I usually go on from about two hours to eight on weekends. But the least is thirty minutes on an important day. When it is during the week, I spend up to two to three hours on the computer.

To be honest, yes I have, but I forgot the links. So you might as well say I haven't moderated anything.

Yes, plenty of times. I think my most recent one was last week. However I am more familiar with the art program I currently use at the moment and I am more familiar with it than the CS oekaki. Though now since I got Java re-installed, I will try and make more drawings on the CS oekaki. ^^

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I often browse the oekaki to see what other artists have made, and maybe I could get inspirations. (Not like copying-the-whole-thing type of inspiration though. More like, give me a glimpse of what I should draw next.) And I love all the artist's work, especially intermediate work, because all of their artwork is going to better than mine any day of the year~ <3 I love how they each have their own ideas! (Or at least how most of them have their own ideas.)

I would like to make sure there are no hurt feelings on the oekaki boards, and to also make sure there are no rule-breakers. A site with rule-breakers isn't fun, because you might not know what the rule breaker might do next. It would be great to help the oekaki boards to make them ship-shape~!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I have been in plenty situations towards where i can handle. There has only been one towards where I had to ask a moderator for some help. But otherwise, I am very wise with any arguments, bullying, or any other complication on here. I know just how to handle it, and know just what to say. The only time I can be immature is when I am PMing with my friends, but nothing too immature going on there.
Last edited by Loka on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
    I am no longer active on this account.
    I will be starting on a new account eventually for a fresh start ;v;; username is - Plue

EXCUSE ME - I would like it if this account could be deleted! I have already requested this but, just in case! c:
Loka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby haezel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 am

September 10th, 2010
Every single day, no matter what. I always have access to internet on a computer and even on my iPod. c:
At the least, 6-8 hours a day on and off, and sometimes even more. On week days I get home at about 5:00 PM EST time, so I'll be on until about 10 PM. Weekends I am on practically the whole time, on and off. But on Tuesdays and Thursdays it'll be shorter since I have volleyball after school. But, the point is, is that I am on everyday for at least four hours, so I'll always be able to help. My time is also EST and I'm up early and I stay up late. C:
I was an admin on Roleplays United for about 2 years (beginning of 2010 to beginning of 2012), but I cannot provide a link because it got deleted due to inactivity. :c But if I do end up finding a link, I'll edit it in. I have moderated and have been an artist on a few threads on here, so I have a pretty good feel for what it would be like.
Of course! I use it all the time! I absolutely love it. I almost know what all of the buttons are used for and I find it easy and simple to use. I am currently on an "art break" so I havent used it in a few weeks, but I have been active through the oekaki forums and especially on the contests page and the adoptables page. I enjoy drawing on the oekaki very much and have started an adoptable thread as well as created many drawings in the Beginners Oekaki forum. I love getting feed back and critique for my own art work and designs, and have run/ran my own adoptable thread recently.
Oh my gosh, yes! I especially love browsing the Intermediate Oekaki forum because there are just so many wonderful artists here on CS. Even the Beginners board has many awesome drawings. <3 One of my other favorites is the Editable Oekaki and the Adoptable oekaki, because I love to see what everyone else has created for others to enjoy!
I think that oekaki moderator would be the perfect position for me. I have a passion for drawing and art as well as to help others, so the combination would just make me the happiest user in the world! I spend a lot of my time on the oekaki boards and I am on every day for a long time, so I'll always be available to others. I also feel that it would be very fun to try this sort of thing out, even if I might make a mistake here and there. I would also love to give back and help CS, since CS has offered so many things to me that I cant even count them.
Things like blood and gore dont bother me much and I am very mature and responsible about those things. I handle things very seriously when I know it is not a time to joke and I know that it is important to take care of it right away. School has also helped me watch out for inappropriate content, whether it's language or photo related, I want to keep everyone at chickensmoothie safe and away from bad things like that.
I also have taken a few classes in art and I am saving up for my own drawing tablet, so I plan to give better critique and feed back on others art (which is always a nice thing, and I know it means a lot when it comes from a higher ranked person). I am a VERY hard worker and put much effort into what I do and I try to make the right choices all the time, and get the help when I need it. And as an artist when I can be on CS, and all the time outside of it, I keep a sharp eye out for art theft and abused/irresponsible art. I take art theft very seriously since I know it is very important to the original artist - especially have known the feeling since a piece of my art has been stolen before. I do understand that sometimes people make mistakes and maybe forget to add a link or say credit, or mis-credit someone, etc.
And one thing that is important to me, is that I have (relatively) good spelling, grammar, and punctuation so I am easy to understand, not get mixed up, or get mistakenly yelled at by using caps abuse. c; I know the staff works really hard and I'd love to be a part of that. I absolutely love the CS community {especially the oekaki} so I believe that this job would be right for me, as well give me a chance to show how responsible and mature I am. c:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I have a lot of experience using the oekaki, and as I have said before I almost know what all of the buttons are used for (but I must say that I dont have much experience with oekaki not being able to save, so I am being honest with you. :p). I also dont get mad easily, so I wont go off in a rage of fury at someone if they have done something wrong or have made a mistake. Im pretty good at reasoning, if I do say so myself, and have moderated/been an artist on many threads through CS on oekaki and not oekaki.
I have become very familiar with the oekaki tools and have read all of the oekaki/art guides on here and have actually asked a popular artist on here to give me some tips which helped me further understand the oekaki. I understand all of the CS rules and have read them over from time to time, and with that, I havent gotten any warnings/bans/anything from the CS staff or really anyone else. I have also taken a few classes in leadership in the past as well as a few in conflict resolution. Along with that I do babysit sometimes and have been/am a younger assistant/counselor at a camp, so I'd be more help with the younger kid situations. I have a fair amount of experience with conflict resolution and deal with it a lot during school (not that Im a trouble maker) and get a lot of practice in for online sites like this. Especially, blood and gore (as well as other things) dont bother me much and I would deal with it immediately or if it really needs review or attention, contact an admin or other responsible staff member. I just really want to be a part of this wonderful, awesome, and epic community because I would really love to help others with something I have a passion for. <3

Sorry that I edited so much, I kept thinking of other things to add. ;u; <3
Thank you for reading and considering!
Last edited by haezel on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
haezel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dori. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:56 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
6th August 2012, 2.58PM Account is 6 months 2 weeks and 6 days old

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

7 days a week
3.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
2-5 hours DEPENDING If im busy, If i have nothing to do ill be hanging here for a while :)

4. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
http://cosmicrox.webs.com/ I am mod there I also belive i have it to become a mod on here. I know my CS Rules and have good spelling and grammer.
5.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes!
6.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?

Yes i love looking at the art for hours :)
7.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
Id like to beocome one as i love art and want to keep it all nice and tidy
I also think ill be able to deal with people that cause a commontion on the borad, If i get picked it will be a honour to be here as a mod on CS. I have also helped other mods on diffrent games with stuff like art theft trying to submit a internet picture as one of our Dog Coats.

Not much sorry D: I spend lots of time mixing colours on my dA though
Many Thanks
.Bulletproof
Last edited by dori. on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx hi i'm doris and
xx i'm 100% Meme Trash

xxImage
xxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
dori.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doglover37 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:25 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member? Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:17 p.m.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)?: 1184

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? All 7 days in a week. Unless I have a soccer game or a church activity that would take me away from a computer.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I can depend a bit on how my schedule is, but I try to be on at least 2 hours a day, it can be 5 hours a day on the weekends.

5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I have done several little things, but all eventually died out and became less popular. I believe I have the base skills that a moderator needs like good grammar and spelling and general knowledge.

6. Have you ever used the CS Oekaki to draw? Yes, I love to color and draw on the Okekai.

7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the Oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I love to browse the Intermediate and Beginners Okekai Boards. I particularly love to go through peoples galleries and see how they started out and how far they have come in their artistic ability.

8. Why do you want to be an Oekaki moderator for CS? Well, I love CS and how it brings people all over the world together and unites them by their love of awesome art and animals. I have begun to enjoy CS more and more as I get older and I would like to be part of what goes on at CS. I hope that if chosen I can perform my work to the best of my abilities. I love art and I may not be the best artist, but I believe it is better to truly appreticiate art rather that draw it, sometimes. I also want to thank you Tess for the opportunity to apply.

9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I believe I have a great tolerance for angry members. I don't get offended easily. When I began on CS, I was a coppa user and I know what it is like. I believe I could be a better moderator to them because of my past experience. I use the Okekai fairly often and I enjoy the software. I know a good deal about it, but I wouldn't call myself an expert. I know many CS rules and I always have had this funny habit of mini-modding in my head when I see bad posts. I have good grammar and English is my birth language. I also can read chatspeak fairly well, but I don't use it myself.

Thank you for letting me apply.
Last edited by Doglover37 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Doglover37

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lueur. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:26 am

Application
1.What date did u register as a Cs member? Friday, Aug. 19,2011

2. How many posts have u made in a form(at the time of applying)?1129

3.How many days a week so you usually vist CS?
5-6 days a week

4. How many hours perday do u usually spend on CS, on a day you vist? 5-8 hours a day

5. Have you moderated on any other forum before? If so, please link to them: no but i love to start :)

6. Have you ever used the CS Oekaki to draw? Yes many times , even though they arent great :)

7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted? Yes! I llooovvve looking at others art work!

8. Why do you wany to be an oekaki moderatorfor CS? Because i love art and i love llooking at others art pieces, and just helping others :D and i would be grateful for this postion. Since i joined i wanted to be a monitor to help people and deal with problems others had with users, but most of all i LLOOVVEE drawing and this would be perfect for me

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to this position( this is not required) well i can bring my kindness
and willing to help others, and determanation to this
position if i get this i will be very happy and i will do what
ever is thrown at me but if i dont then i still apperciate the
opertunity of this
Thank you very much and good luck everyone!,
EzzyHorseCandy13
Last edited by Lueur. on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
┌─┐

└─┘
x
x
┌────────────┐

✷✧✷✧✷
Your eyes shine like the
stars in the sky, You're
the one that make me
feel alive

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
♡ ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔ ♡-------

└────────────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Lueur.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monstercat » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:35 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:38 am (I suppose you could say I am one of the older members : D)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3588

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday of the week. And it's usually a rare occasion that I don't actually go on CS

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Normally something between 5-9 hours everyday

Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes, I have. Unfortunately I do not remember what they are and do not have the links to them.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I use Oekaki a lot. I love to draw on it and is always doodling something on it even if I do not post it

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Oh yes, quite a lot. I like to look through the art. Especially the beginner's oekaki because there is actually some pretty good artists that post in there.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Because, for a long time, CS has been my safe haven. Whenever I am sad or upset, I love to go on CS just to draw, chat to people and just hang out here, CS has been such a big part of my life. I don't know, why it's been so big, it just has. People are so kind and generous here and it's such a beautiful community that you feel included instantly the second you join the web site. I've always wanted to give back to this community somehow, just to show how much I appreciate the work that has gone into this site and the wonderful people that are on this site.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? Well, I use oekaki quite a lot so I suppose you could say I know the basics of it (I'm not a particularly good drawer x3). I am a rather old member so I know the rules and ways of CS (I must admit I have had a few mistakes but I understood what I had done wrong and learnt never to do so again), I live in a weird timezone so I can work when most of the other moderators are asleep or in school because it's normally the opposite time day for me : D and I am very unbiased (mainly because I hate Hockey umpires that are biased, therefore I promised myself not to be biased). I am good with disputes and will act in a mature way when dealing with people.

Thank you for letting me apply! <3
Last edited by Monstercat on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monstercat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me