Roleplay Moderators - Applications closed! Now choosing.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! (age 16+)

Postby elizabethhher » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:01 pm

[b]1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)[/b]

I joined ChickenSmoothie on August 17th, 2011.

[b]2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)[/b]

I have currently only 1781 posts.

[b]3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?[/b]

I'm usually on CS everyday for 5-7 hours, take or add. Unless there is a family emergency or something else I'm usually only on CS for 1-3 hours a day.

[b]4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them[/b]

Yes and no. I moderated on a proboards forum a long time ago. I would link it, but I forget its link. On a different site, I applied but I did not qualify as I was one month off of the age requirement.

[b]5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.[/b]

Why no, I haven't. I couldn't really find a free place where I would roleplay other than FooPets, but then that was soon turned to a site where you had to pay to play.

[b]6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?[/b]

Yes, I have participated in many roleplays and I know the round-abouts and how CS controls the roleplays.

[b]7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?[/b]

You know, I don't want to be a roleplay moderator on CS just because I can act like I'm better than anyone. I want to be a roleplay moderator because sometimes I see very inappropriate things in these roleplays. I've seen these roleplays be reported but sometimes they'll sit there for some time until they are either locked or deleted. This irks me because you don't really know how many children view these threads. I want to be a roleplay moderator so I can help clear up these inappropriate and rule breaking topics up a little faster so less younger children can view these topics. On FooPets, I had been in a few roleplays before. I learned what not to post and how to handle difficult situations when people are arguing and fighting.

[b]8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):[/b]

Well, I am very good at communicating with people and helping them settle disputes. I am also able to help when people have questions about if their roleplay idea is too gory/explict for CS.
elizabethhher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: July 11th, 2009.
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4,221 posts.
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I am on Chickensmoothie every day of the week, with the occasional exception of holidays or days that I travel. How many hours I spend on Chickensmoothie depends on how much I currently have going on on Chickensmoothie. The more things I have going on - auctions, trades, conversations on the forums, etc. - the more time I spend. I have enough free time in real life that I can spend as much time as I like on Chickensmoothie on most days.
  4. Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have been a moderator on a couple of small role-play websites - also mentioned below - and I am the admin of my own website.
  5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I've done a lot of role-playing on a lot of different websites. My main role-playing havens have been online RPGs, such as Runescape and World of Warcraft, and I've role-played on the forums of other adoptables websites such as Neopets and Howrse. I've also role-played on a couple of smaller privately-owned websites which are now inactive, and I did some role-playing on my own website, starcatschat.com.
  6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Only a couple, and those ones died out. By the time I'd joined Chickensmoothie, I had mostly stopped role-playing in favor of writing my own stories instead, so I haven't participated in very many on this website.
  7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I would like the experience of moderating a forum of a large website. I am currently trying to decide what career I will be getting my degree in, and moderating/mediating-conflicts are skills that could help me with my future career. Becoming more experienced in these skills could help me decide whether I would fit well in a career that involves a lot of supervising co-workers and mediating conflicts.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I have run my own role-play & chat website, which was mildly successful. I am still the admin of the website, and it currently has about ten very loyal members, but most of the actual role-playing has died out.
    As the sole admin of my website, I have sorted through a lot of conflicts, ranging from arguments among members to banning trouble-makers.
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panik » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 am
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
Every day, around seven hours Monday through Friday; on the weekends, much longer.
4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
No, I have not.
5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
I don't believe I have before.
6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
I believe I have, and in many different types as well.
7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
Theres no specific reason, but I want it so that I could help out in any way. Even if I don't get the posiiton, I felt like before this I should report someone, that's its almost mean; but seeing how I want the position its not that bad of an idea. Thus, helping would be the least I could do, and doing it for roleplaying, something I love doing, would be great!
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I feel like im able to talk to someone and let them know in a nice way, a way with out being rude, or mean sounding.

"I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴛ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Kɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Pɪʀᴀᴛᴇs...
Aɴᴅ ɪғ I ᴅɪᴇ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ... Tʜᴇɴ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ!"
-Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece
Panik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuchi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Mar 01, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3500
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I check my pets every day, and sometimes I hang around on the forum for hours. I already graduated from high school and often need time to study or be with my friends and family. Though I have enough time to spend on Chicken Smoothie if needed.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I did , but the forum had been removed a while ago. It wasn't a large one.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Yes. On HetPaardenspel.nl have I been roleplaying since I was a child. And I often go to 'Feral Heart', a role playing game. I have played many role playing games, actually, but they were different from a forum RPG of course.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Very few, and I didn't stay there for a really long time.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Because it is a great opportunity for me to keep me triggered to learn the English language. I am able to speak it of course, but I want to improve it , so I could speak it fluently and without any mistakes. Another reason for me to want this job is that this helps me understanding people even better, and that is a must for a psychologist. I want to be one or something related to it, so yeah. :3
And I truly love helping people. It's my favourite thing to do. ^^ I wish I could do it on regular basis.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I am working at a customer service and that made me really to the point. If people are doing something wrong I am not afraid to tell them so. And it made me better in explaining the problem too.
And I can understand a lot of languages. English, Dutch, French, German, Russian and some Swedish.
Schnuchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowOfAGirl » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 pm

What date did you register as a CS member? The 22nd of February, 2012. Nearly a year old!
How many posts have you made in the forum? At the time I am writing this, 2353.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I visit CS every day and because I am not at school as I finished and only do a part time table at college, I can be on normally for about six + hours per day. During the weekend this normally goes up by quite a bit and I can be on for up to seventeen hours a day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Afraid not, sorry.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Yes, I have. I won't link some of them as I don't want to let users go there as some are over 18's sites. Though I use This one. I also go on howrse to role play, I use this site and also blue moon which is an over 18's site so, I shall not link it.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, way over fifty. I started off illiterate and built my way up to a literate role player now with help from other members and a lot of time going into role playing.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I love making sure everyone gets the best experience from role playing and I myself had noticed that rules are being broken and the mods are probably at times overrun with the arguing that can go on in a group role play. I would love to help out to make sure everything runs smoothly and to make sure people have fun when they role play. No one likes there to be constant arguing and if there are more mods, things can be dealt with quicker, so problems don't get worse and less forums get clogged up with spam. I also have to admit I like reading through role play's often, so it would keep me very happy to know that this a child friendly and safe role playing site!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I'm pretty hot on what the rules are for romance and violence and also what is and isn't considered swearing on the site. I can understand two people's points of view and I don't just take on persons view on things, I wait for both people to tell me what's happening from their side of things.

ᴀʟωᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ 1x1 ʀᴘ's. ғɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ.

ᴀʟsᴏ ᴏɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ sᴄʀɪʙᴇs/ᴀωᴇsᴏᴍᴇ sᴀᴜᴄᴇ ᴀs ❦★sʜᴀᴅᴏωᴏғᴀɢɪʀʟ★❦

ᴍʏ ʜᴏωʀsᴇ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ☾ Majestic Moon ☽

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
.ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's HATE ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ
.sᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ MASTER
.ɪ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ғɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ
. ANSWER
.ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪ'ʟʟ NEVER ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ
.ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ωɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀs ɪ ᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ
.SHADOWS
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘʟʏ ᴛᴏ ─
ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘʟʏ ᴛᴏ ─
ɴᴏɴᴇ..

FEMALE ││ 17 ││ UK

sɪɢɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ʙʏ sʜᴀᴅᴏωᴏғᴀɢɪʀʟ. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴄᴏᴘʏ.
ShadowOfAGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xKingKade » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:38 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3047 (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I usually come on cs after 3:00 PM and I spend about 7 hours on everyday.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
http://paradisepets.forumotion.com

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
Yes, a few are on these chatlands sites http://www.chatlands.com
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
I don't even know how much x3
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I was a roleplay moderator for Unxtgroup for 12 months and I am pretty smart about this stuff I have spent plenty years studying about moderators and admins, and I highly understand you need roleplay moderators for bullying and fighting around this area and checking for adult content, It is my job to watch over younger kids at a few other sites, I actually do tell moderators when something inapropriate is going on in the roleplay such as adult content. I will make sure rules are not broken from the times I am on.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?
I am very good at knowing rules of the "Hotspot" about adult content,swearing and romance, and the violence. If anything happens I will ask both of the people, waiting for there stories and see if there is an easier way to help the problem, if not and I cannot handle it. I would probably get someone else to hike in and help me alittle bit. I understand the Image problem without permisson aswell.
Last edited by xKingKade on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xKingKade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 pm

• What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
      28 April 2011
    • How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
      1253 prior to this post.
    • How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
      Here comes confessions of a CS addict. Weekdays I spend approximatly five to six hours or so per day at varying hours. Weekends I spend most of my time on here, so about eighteen hours for both Saturday and Sunday, give or take an hour or so. Without fail i'm on here every day of the week, even if it's just to poke my head in and check what's going on. During college holidays i'm here for twenty or so hours each day (pfft, who needs a social life?).
    • Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
      I'm not a moderator but I am a writer on the upcoming virtual pet site Kaylune. You can visit the main page but you'll not be able to create an account as it is still in staff beta trial, if you'd like to learn more about the site you can visit the development forums. I go by the name Pans army on that website. It is still in discussion between Tyler (owner) and Kayla (co-owner) as to what duties staff members will have regarding site moderation once open to the public.
    • Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
      Yes, just my entire childhood spent leaping from roleplay to roleplay. I began on horseland.com back in 2006 or so but as that was via onsite messages I don't have any links to provide for it. I did spend a lot of time using chatzy.com, I hosted my own roleplays -Blueledge wolf pack, opened in 2008 but is no longer running, and Bonito farms, which began in 2010/2011 but again, is no longer running. I was a member of Dárandur, Sinthuja :: Where the dragons roam and Cercul De Moarte before quitting chatzy around March 2011 for personal reasons. The only links I have to forums with evidence of my writing adventures are Aurmata and Valgaderion. Valgaderion was a private roleplay between myself and Verdana (from here on CS), you may have to create an account to sign in and view posts on that forum. [I can provide a link to an additional forum where I roleplay one on one with a friend, but the content is not PG13, so link will be provided if requested]
    • Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
      I have indeed, I largely stick to one on one roleplays now as, after an absence from group roleplays, i've found it difficult to get back into the swing of multiple participants. Links can be provided to these threads if desired.
    • Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
      Chickensmoothie has introduced me to a group of people who have come to mean a lot to me. We met through roleplays and our friendship has been strengthened by writing together on site. What began as a little distraction to avoid homework bloomed into a painfully strong attachment to some amazing people, I would like a chance to give something back and show my thanks for the glorious opportunities CS has provided and can think of no better way than helping to regulate the boards where my friendships began. CS has a lot to offer to people and the roleplaying boards are part of the lifeblood, consequently disputes and disagreements will occur, as will topic inappropriate for a large proportion of members and I feel this ruins the experience of users. Being a part of a brilliant, vibrant team to help improve the time people spend here would be an honour.
    • Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
      I'd like to think that I can be unbiased when it comes to understanding disputes between players, it's easy to misunderstand what people are saying over the internet because, obviously, we can't see facial expressions. Sometimes all it takes is a neutral third party to point that out. I also believe myself to be patient, rules can be broken because they were not understood or misread, having someone help you understand site rules can be more efficient than providing links to the rules where people may still not understand. Mostly though i'm a buoyant figure, easy to communicate with and more than merry to lend a helping hand.
Last edited by Pandle on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brad! » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:54 pm

APPLICATION
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I registered as a member of ChickenSmoothie on the sixteenth of October, 2010.

How many posts have you made in the forum:
With the exclusion of this post, 3791.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I visit ChickenSmoothie seven days a week, and I'm on for at least a bare minimum of six hours per day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have moderated on a few minor webs.com role-playing websites, but due to inactivity, they have been deleted.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
I have on multiple websites. A few include WHILS, Mweor and FooPets, as well as various minor role-playing websites.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, I have.

Why do you want to be a role-play moderator for CS?
For a start, I'm an active role-player on the forums, and I have always had a special love for role-playing. I've always wanted to do something to help out on the site, and when I saw that you were looking for role-play mods, I felt I would give it a shot. I've enjoyed being a moderator on other sites, it always felt nice to help people out and make the place cleaner. I believe I have the skills and the maturity to take on such a job, as I do have a love for reading role-plays, and just working around something I enjoy. Being part of a well-established team would be absolutely fantastic.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
For a start, the inappropriate content that you're referring to does not cause me any discomfort, due to the fact I have read in on previous sites, and I am quite content with having to browse through topics such as these. I have experience in calming disputes and I have skills in peer mediation both in real life and online. I'm good with communication, and I'm annoyingly persistent in regards to rule breaking, and I will continue to enforce the rules in a civilised manner, whilst still getting the point across. I'm extremely tolerant, according to people I know, and I feel that this is necessary for the position. I tend to check CS often, so I'm on a lot of the day, which would allow me to keep track virtually 24 hours a day. I'm not bias regarding situations I have had nothing to do with, and I'm very hard to infuriate. With this, I can easily handle critiscism and abuse, which I believe are probably things moderators have to put up with. Oh, and I love role-playing.

Thank-you for your consideration.
brad!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby otaku, » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Number one;; 1.What date did you register as a CS member?: I have been a member of CS for nearly 2 years. The date I have join was on June 11th, 2011z
Number two;; 2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4078. But since posting this on here, 4079.
Number three;; 3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I visit CS very often. Meaning everyday. However, it also depends on my scedual, if I am at school or not. Also in school times, I visit CS. That is on my break times that is. On afternoon Fridays, I take the whole day off since I have something important then but in the night time I will be on CS. I am also mostly on my iPhone, so I'm on almost all the time.
Number four;; 4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes, I have been one. Although the admin (My friend) has quit both CS and her site. But I casually pop in to Check the site out. Rusa
Number five;; 5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Not very much really, because I am not very familiar with other sites rather than CS.
Number six;; 6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, I have joined many. Alot of them semi-lit.
Number seven;; 7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? On my past years being a member on CS, I had seen rude behaviour in some of our members here, ( Some, not all c: )I would make an attempt to 'help' but always ended up being called a 'try hard', say I'm not a mod, why do you care? So I had stop doing so since no one wants to listen or understand. Being a mod on CS would be an honor, I would try my very best to help out on here. Willing to watch out for any mist-understood or any rude behavior. Roleplaying is what I do the most in my spare time. In the real world, I tend to keep my 'role-player' self to a hold since non of my friends find it interestings. Why'd I would want to be a role player mod? Because, I would like to gladly help this community, and catch members who are trouble.
Number eight;; 8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? Being an expert on the 'Adult' and 'Romance' stuff. I can pretty sure explain what the rules are and how their are played. xD
Image Image Image
i am terribly sorry if i don't remember you.
otaku,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyubifan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 am

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: I joined to CS during back 2008 November 7th
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): If I count this one 4122
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I visit CS everyday, earky evening just couple times seeing whats going on and later staying 4-5 hours long periods online. This gives 5-7 hours during day, weekends even more.
  4. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I never have moderated forums before but I have moderated Roloplay chat rooms in DeviantArt, specially my own room and DragonNation.
  5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. Not on the forums but in DeviantArt yes. I do still roleplay but not as much as when I started it.
  6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I have but never long. Either due inactivity they were closed or I loosed my intrest because of vurios reasons.
  7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I enjoy roleplaying and if I'm not myself practising to it I find it awesome to read them. I like to give people advice and guide them to right direction before they go of lines, this has happend couple times and I have been the last minute person to tell them thats not they way handle this thing. Never less I would enjoy this at the bottom of my hear.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Well I was moderator of roleplay chatroom so it's far more hectic(?) then forum moderating. I have to keep your eyes always open for truoble there as be able to do something fast before damage is done. Being as also patient person I can always solve things with calm mind. I do not judge people right away, you never know what their background is and did they understant the rules. The language is something that always causes some problems.
Kyubifan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me