Fennec Foxes - update for the 2009/2010 Shima Fennecs

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Fennec Foxes - update for the 2009/2010 Shima Fennecs

Postby RAYENAA » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:30 am

Shady Paws wrote:
Jean wrote:I'm just going to pop in to say that the rude opinions people are talking about are the "ewewew change it back it looks horrible now!!!1!!"s and the "this is so ugly!!!" comments, which have already been removed by staff for breaking thread rules and for being rude overall. This is why "all you see" are constructive criticism.

There is really no need to argue about this. 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.'

On topic, I personally love the new fennecs. They seem to fit into the rest of CS's pets now, not to mention they are more realistic. Don't get me wrong, the old fox lines were adorable, and I will miss them.

Agreed. No matter how much you complain about the new lines, they won't change them back so there is no point in posting that you don't like the change, especially if you are being rude about it. The design wouldn't have been changed without a good reason. I would personally rather a lineart being changed than Chicken Smoothie being shut down because of copyright issues.

I think the new lines are fab and fit the designs perfectly. The old ones were nice but they didn't really appeal to me. Great job as always, CS staff.
Double agreed, those people should fly a kite. The old ones were very blurry(or maybe my poor eyesight, dunno). Shima's choices were terrible, and to all who want the old ones back, do you want CS to be taken down?
RAYENAA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:14 pm

.... Go fly a kite? What are you trying to say? That we are stressing over a pet we worked hard to get and cared for? Or something else??

Everyone knows the lineart needed changing. There is no argument there. If the second stage was traced the others were probably also traced. The issue here is how the remake was done. The eyes are different. The tail is shorter and less fluffy. The colorings are not as soft and shadows are absent. The ears are not sideways like the old one. The textures are off. The hair is gone and the body shape is more akin to a kit fox than a fennec fox. The cheeks are also less rounded like on the old fennec. That is alot of changes for what was just a lineart trace. I paid for those fennecs with those features so those features should stay. The old pose can go away.

Are you really going to say we can't have all that back because the lineart is traced? A simple repose would have cleared us from any problems. But we got a full remake when it wasn't needed. Just because YOU didn't like it before doesn't mean OTHERS didn't like it either.

I'll say it again. Taking a photo of an animal does not make that animal, or its anatomy, property of the photographer. Only the exact contents are protected. I can easily take a picture of the same tiger doing something slightly different. By law, my second photo does not infringe on the first photographer's picture.

Lastly, saying we are wasting our time since the changes were already made is just wrong. We all have a voice here. Especially when said artwork is what you spent alot of your time (read money) achieving.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:43 pm

I agree with your point, WASSAP, that although the lines needed changing, we didn't get the same thing. And that stinks. I think it would be too late now to change them, although there's only a few Shima foxes to change. I miss the hair and the tail, and the expression.
With the Equimagine change last time, many of the "it needed to go, stop complaining!!" points were brought up. Sure, the first part of the sentence is true, but not the second. If people have the right to be happy about the changes and talk about it, other people have the right to be unhappy and talk about it. However, bashing is not appropriate, so I will give them that. ^^ (Though please note: constructive criticism is not complaining. There actually were posts with constructive criticism, then and now.)
But people who aren't happy for the personalities that are now lost make good points underneath all the "I hate themz!!1!" that got posted. That makes "the other side" seem all ungrateful. But we're not, really. We want CS to stay more than having a copyright threat hanging over our heads. But what we don't want is for expressiveness to be sacrificed with the change. (Although the fox lines do have expressiveness, they don't have the original kind.)
Wasn't able to edit this, so hopefully it makes sense and isn't confrontational or anything. ^^
Cherry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoClaws » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Cherry wrote:I agree with your point, WASSAP, that although the lines needed changing, we didn't get the same thing. And that stinks. I think it would be too late now to change them, although there's only a few Shima foxes to change. I miss the hair and the tail, and the expression.
With the Equimagine change last time, many of the "it needed to go, stop complaining!!" points were brought up. Sure, the first part of the sentence is true, but not the second. If people have the right to be happy about the changes and talk about it, other people have the right to be unhappy and talk about it. However, bashing is not appropriate, so I will give them that. ^^ (Though please note: constructive criticism is not complaining. There actually were posts with constructive criticism, then and now.)
But people who aren't happy for the personalities that are now lost make good points underneath all the "I hate themz!!1!" that got posted. That makes "the other side" seem all ungrateful. But we're not, really. We want CS to stay more than having a copyright threat hanging over our heads. But what we don't want is for expressiveness to be sacrificed with the change. (Although the fox lines do have expressiveness, they don't have the original kind.)
Wasn't able to edit this, so hopefully it makes sense and isn't confrontational or anything. ^^

I totally agree!
Pet's name: Have a good day♡
CalicoClaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumn Rain » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:39 am

Everyone knows the lineart needed changing. There is no argument there. If the second stage was traced the others were probably also traced. The issue here is how the remake was done. The eyes are different. The tail is shorter and less fluffy. The colorings are not as soft and shadows are absent. The ears are not sideways like the old one. The textures are off. The hair is gone and the body shape is more akin to a kit fox than a fennec fox. The cheeks are also less rounded like on the old fennec. That is alot of changes for what was just a lineart trace.
Tracing is a serious problem. Don't trivialize it. A lot of artists depend on their art to pay the bills, and yes, photography is a type of art.

Are you really going to say we can't have all that back because the lineart is traced? A simple repose would have cleared us from any problems. But we got a full remake when it wasn't needed. Just because YOU didn't like it before doesn't mean OTHERS didn't like it either.
And just because you don't like it doesn't mean it wasn't necessary.

I'll say it again. Taking a photo of an animal does not make that animal, or its anatomy, property of the photographer. Only the exact contents are protected. I can easily take a picture of the same tiger doing something slightly different. By law, my second photo does not infringe on the first photographer's picture.
Photographs are covered under copyright law. You can't copyright anatomy, you can copyright photographs and the subjects therein.

Lastly, saying we are wasting our time since the changes were already made is just wrong. We all have a voice here. Especially when said artwork is what you spent alot of your time (read money) achieving.
They were saying you're wasting your time because the lines are not going to be changed. No amount of complaining or art-bashing will change that. Not that you're doing either.
Autumn Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me