LF: random 09's

Trade your CS pets, items or C$ with other members. A great way to collect any outcomes you've missed!

Re: DD's trades. Have rareslist + more, want staff pups!

Postby La Roux'd » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm

BUMP IT UP
ImageImage
La Roux'd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Thank you to...
Keatchi, Deja, Jeweled, DiabolicReality, Atwood, Starstreak, Australia09, Seasonal, Hekomi, DaDwarf, Pideaux, And anyone else who has helped us place the pets!

FAQ

So is this purely about rarity or demand mixed in?
    I think I read earlier that this list is a combination of rarity and demand - which kinda converge in a way that creates a pet's "worth." Even though a pet like the BMD is just as rare as any other of those Advent outcomes, you couldn't expect anyone to trade it for like, a Cream Advent. Rarity is how many pets are out there, and demand affects their availability.

Wait! You guys and the rarity on the actual pet disagree... I'm so confused! Oh, and why can't I get an uncommon Jan 09 for an uncommon January 2010?
    All new players need to do is look at the rarity and then look at the date. There is a 3 month "rule" so to speak. If the pet you want is an uncommon from January 09, and your offering an uncommon from March 09, then people will likely trade. You have to take dates into account. So, if you have an uncommon from March 2010, and you want an uncommon from January 09, then people wont trade with you. . . as there is a year between the adoption dates. The older a pet is, the harder to obtain it becomes and the more you have to pay for it. But keep in mind that people have their own rarity system that you can't see. . . to be safe in your trades, try your best to offer someone something off their wishlist. If you can't offer something on their wishlist and you want a "Very Rare" pet then they will most likely get angry at you. So stick to what they want, or try to get the more common pets on your wishlist, before you go after the really rare pets . . .

Ugh, everybody just can't decide who is rarer! How about we go ask Nick for some statistics?
    I PMed nick this message.

Hi Nick.

We where wondering if you or tess would mind helping us with this list, Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112366 as no one can deside on what rarest in order. So would you or tess have that kind of data that you would share

Regards aussie09

Nick wrote:Yes, we have that information but no, we have no plans to share it. Sorry.. :)

ok that my reply from nick so there goes that idea

What's the difference between demand and rarity? I just don't get it.
    Value is a different thing from rarity anyway - there may be more Sunbacks on CS than Dogtags, but there also a lot more Sundog hoarders because they're such a popular design, so there may be fewer Sunbacks actually available than there are Dogtags. To assess functional rarity you have to look at how many are in circulation, which you can only find out from other traders. ;)

I offered a Green Toxic for a Yellow Toxic, which both are equal to each other on the same list, and they cancelled the trade!
    Well, you have to bear in mind that though we try to perfect this list, there is always going to be a few errors- Use this as a helper, not a must use handbook. ;)
    While peoples individual views of a pet's value don't affect its actual rarity, they do absolutely affect what will happen when you are trading with said individual. Just because two pets are a fair swap for one another doesn't mean your trade partner has to accept.

Now I offered a Red Toxic and a Sorbet for a Yellow Toxic, which is more than enough, and they cancelled the trade because they didn't like either of the dogs I offered! How is that fair??? :evil:
    The thing about pets is, its all about what people are WILLING to trade them for. There are like 3 groups on CS. The People who KNOW their rarities and who will pay a sun jewel for a zebra. Then there are people who just trade what they think is a good trade, as in they will trade a rainbow mane for a guinea pig because they prefer the guinea pig to the horse. And then there are the people who are only interested in adopting and care nothing for rarity or value. And those people are often the new players who get ninja'd and scammed. Store items are a bit of a hassle as well, because people like me who pay REAL money for the items, dont want to trade them away for just a common pet from the past few months. . . . Its all about supply, demand and what people are willing to actually pay for . . . its hardly every about rarity and value. . . . to be honest its more about looks xD

The list of pets by demand doesn't look right! A lot more people want the Gray Dragon than the Sun dog!
    This Is The Technically Correct Version by how many users have them on their wishlist, while ours is just one mixed with rarity and demand. Supply and demand, catch my drift?
Last edited by DaDwarf on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Key:
Non-dog = non swirl/tag/coon/jewel
Sorbet = any color
CEG = Clear Eyed Galaxy
BEG = Black Eyed Galaxy

Main List

High Julies

Mid Julies

Low Julies

Lowest Julies
GAP

High Augusts

Mid Augusts

Low Augusts

September List

High Septembers
    Tier 13 (Highest) Dark Leopard - Grey Dragon & Mini Husky
    Tier 12 Grey Dragon - Blue Rose & Seal PPS
    Tier 10 Blue Rose - Purple Batdog & Candy Cane Horse or 7 mid advents
    Tier 10 Purple Batdog - Cake Dog & Candy Cane Horse
    Tier 9 Lime Ice Rat Cake Dog + a little more. (this gap is extremely small.)

Mid Septembers

Low Septembers
    Tier 4 Scarf PPS - Target Dog & Mini Husky
    Tier 3 Target Dog - Light Leopard & Early '09 Rare Dog
    Tier 2 Light Leopard - Red Dragon & Early '09 Rare Dog
    Tier 1 (Lowest) Red Dragon - 2 Mid Advents or Low&High Advent

Advents List

High Advents
    Tier 10 (Highest) Sockdog - 10 Mixed 09 Rares
    Tier 9 Hyena - 8-9 Mixed 09 Rares
    Tier 8 Teal Butterbun - 7-8 Mixed 09 Rares + an 09 Uncommon

Mid Advents

Low Advents

Short cuts!
Sunjewel = 5 nons
Any Non dog = 3 sorbets
Any Sorbet = 2 green toxics
Green/Yellow toxic = 2 balloon dogs
Pink/Blue balloon dog = 21 mid-advents or 3 blue roses
Blue rose = 7 mid-advents
Mid-advent (tier 7/8) = 7 09 mixed rares

Hekomi wrote:DaDwarf and Trouble did most of the work with the September list! I barely tweaked their values, so this should be credited and thanked to THEM not to me. I will be adding, editing, etc. if necessary.
Last edited by DaDwarf on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me