Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: Welcome Autumn

Postby Thecrowmuse11 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Yahtzee_RTD wrote:Ilove this so much 😄

African Wild Dog wrote:I noticed you got a feature last Halloween too lol
Wonderful work on your art!

WenDipper wrote:Lovely~

wolfie~ wrote:YOU GOT A FEAUTURE sodnbvosudbvobvdoiBAOUbdouasbidg

cOnGrAds

pangolover0297 wrote:omg this is so goodddd

TheUnicornSorceress wrote:I'm guessing pansies and magnolias, and my GOD this is gorgeous! The light, the leaves, you did a phenomenal job on the teeth; I am envious. Keep up the good work! ^^

Bananasmoothie11 wrote:This is really pretty! :D

Oh my goodness you guys are all so lovely ;D;
I've been going through some stuff recently, so to come back to this was so mindbogglingly amazing. Thank you all so much <3

✳crow✳ѕнe/нer✳вι✳ιnғp✳arтιѕт✳

Thecrowmuse11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C_E_Lover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:17 pm

beautiful job, good attention to detail.

I do not mean to come off rude when I say anything, but if I could critique a little? just to potentially help you with future projects and maybe if you would want to improve further on this piece as well if you pleased. I love the color choice and the value, but as my teacher would say, it seems like it is missing something, or that it can just be pushed further to be better. While you have some key details to depict a skull (Orbital and nasal sockets, teeth, and plates in the back of the skull), some things seem to be a bit shrunken in the top (Very common, i hear my art teacher talking about it almost every time a new person draws a portrait/anatomy. he calls it Shrunken Head Syndrome). Make sure the cranium where the brain would sit is about the size of the distance from the chin to just below the brow bone where the eyes would be, or just think the eye sockets would rest about in the middle of the face.

While the silhouette of the skull is well done and structured, there are some more details missing in the cheek bones, the brow bone, nasal bone, and the maxilla (above the teeth and below the nose), so maybe add more contrast with shadow and darks and lights. You've shown basics that you know and very well might I add, its just applying what you know and pushing the limits of that knowledge. It can be difficult and scary, thinking you might screw it up, then save at different parts of editing and then you can always undo what you did and call it what it is (the beauty of drawing on a device rather than paper).

I know what it was like in your position, and I hope you do not take offense that I practically tore your piece apart, but you have some truly astounding attention to detail in some parts, you just need to apply that attention to every part of it rather than parts. One of my old art teachers in middle school said to flip the reference and your drawing upside down so you pay more attention to the lines and details than the whole thing. Hope I helped, and I hope I did not upset you with anything I said, it was not my intention. You are amazing, and notice you had to get a feature for a reason!! youre on your way to becoming an amazing artist, not that you aren't already:)
Come join us at the dog game of the century, Alacrity!
When you sign up, use the referral number: 22629 and after you verify I will give you a free gift, either on here or on there:)
link to my CS thread about Alacrity
C_E_Lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thecrowmuse11 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:32 am

C_E_Lover wrote:beautiful job, good attention to detail.

I do not mean to come off rude when I say anything, but if I could critique a little? just to potentially help you with future projects and maybe if you would want to improve further on this piece as well if you pleased. I love the color choice and the value, but as my teacher would say, it seems like it is missing something, or that it can just be pushed further to be better. While you have some key details to depict a skull (Orbital and nasal sockets, teeth, and plates in the back of the skull), some things seem to be a bit shrunken in the top (Very common, i hear my art teacher talking about it almost every time a new person draws a portrait/anatomy. he calls it Shrunken Head Syndrome). Make sure the cranium where the brain would sit is about the size of the distance from the chin to just below the brow bone where the eyes would be, or just think the eye sockets would rest about in the middle of the face.

While the silhouette of the skull is well done and structured, there are some more details missing in the cheek bones, the brow bone, nasal bone, and the maxilla (above the teeth and below the nose), so maybe add more contrast with shadow and darks and lights. You've shown basics that you know and very well might I add, its just applying what you know and pushing the limits of that knowledge. It can be difficult and scary, thinking you might screw it up, then save at different parts of editing and then you can always undo what you did and call it what it is (the beauty of drawing on a device rather than paper).

I know what it was like in your position, and I hope you do not take offense that I practically tore your piece apart, but you have some truly astounding attention to detail in some parts, you just need to apply that attention to every part of it rather than parts. One of my old art teachers in middle school said to flip the reference and your drawing upside down so you pay more attention to the lines and details than the whole thing. Hope I helped, and I hope I did not upset you with anything I said, it was not my intention. You are amazing, and notice you had to get a feature for a reason!! youre on your way to becoming an amazing artist, not that you aren't already:)

Oh my god I could cry - this is the longest and most beautiful piece of critique I've ever gotten ;D; I can't believe that you typed all of this out, it's incredible! Thank you so much for all of the advice! I don't intend to edit this piece any more than I already have, but I really will take all of that into account the next time I draw something like this. Also just so you know - I'm totally not offended, this is like the best gift anyone has ever given me plus being said in like the sweetest manner possible??? You seem like you really know what you are talking about, and omg do I need that - I've never had any formal training and being self-taught, it's often hard to get professional review.
I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to sit and actually critique this piece <3 <3 <3

Thecrowmuse11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C_E_Lover » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:52 am

This is my first official critique I’ve done of a piece before, so it was fun to explore but I’ve had self monologues when looking at someone’s piece. I’ve mostly been traditionally taught through school (it’s my sixth year of having some kind of drawing class), so I like to think I’ve had some kind of knowledge. You’re on the road to becoming an amzing artist! If you ever want any critique and help later on with pieces I’m always open^_^
Come join us at the dog game of the century, Alacrity!
When you sign up, use the referral number: 22629 and after you verify I will give you a free gift, either on here or on there:)
link to my CS thread about Alacrity
C_E_Lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Heliophilia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 am

The lighting gives it a warm glow and the realism is REAL!
Join Our Discord Server! https://discord.gg/AbTdzGC
she/her // Heli // Hoarder // Artist (of sort)

Please Click Below!
Heliophilia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smoczara » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Nice art.
I can draw something for you or design character! If you're interested or want examples-Pm or post here

Smoczara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thecrowmuse11 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:15 pm

C_E_Lover wrote:This is my first official critique I’ve done of a piece before, so it was fun to explore but I’ve had self monologues when looking at someone’s piece. I’ve mostly been traditionally taught through school (it’s my sixth year of having some kind of drawing class), so I like to think I’ve had some kind of knowledge. You’re on the road to becoming an amzing artist! If you ever want any critique and help later on with pieces I’m always open^_^

Ahhh! You're welcome to critique my work any time XP <3 <3

Pendamu wrote:The lighting gives it a warm glow and the realism is REAL!

Smoczara wrote:Nice art.

Thank you guys so much <3 I'm so touched that this work is getting such positive attention. ^-^

Thecrowmuse11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowthegreatwolf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 pm

.o. congrats on the feature!! :D
[tori-she/her-adult]
Image Image Image
Shadowthegreatwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thecrowmuse11 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Shadowthegreatwolf wrote:.o. congrats on the feature!! :D

Ahh thank you ^-^

Thecrowmuse11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BunnyLovve » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Yas I LOVE Autumn :D
    Hi!
      ~~*~~
    Trades are welcome!
    Warning: I usually only trade away doubles.
    Pm's are also welcome!
      ~~*~~
BunnyLovve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me