Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: "How To Use Oekaki?" Guide

Postby KittayKattz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:20 am

Can I crop my drawing? If so, how?
Hi! I'm KittayKattz, but you can call me Kittay! I like to parkour between fandoms every month and get emotional over fictional characters. I also draw like, once in a blue moon.

KittayKattz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jelliope » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:24 pm

bug, wrote:
rose jelly wrote:i've been having an issue where i can't use any of the sliders (brush size, opacity, color wheel, etc) with my stylus - when i press down, it doesn't lock in the value and instead keeps moving even when i am not pressing and holding the stylus, and only stops when i move out of the slider (with the color wheel its quite annoying because i can't choose any colors that aren't directly on the side of the square). i'm not really sure how to explain it in other terms - sorry if this is confusing!! i just started having this problem about a month ago and i've tried rebooting my tablet and the only way to "fix" the problem is to just click it with my mouse (however its a little annoying to have to switch back and forth between my tablet and mouse). does anybody know why this is happening/ how to fix it? any help at all would be really appreciated !!

just wanted to say that its the same for me, i think it happened with a previous tablet, which was wacom, and now im using an ugee m708 tablet.
it may have something to do with the browser we use, i personally use chrome for oekaki because its the only one that sort of works properly with a tablet (firefox doesnt even let me draw, it scrolls instead), and i cant remember whats wrong with internet explorer, but i think it had a bunch of problems.
it may also be fixed by using chibipaint, though for me java only works in internet explorer, and that may not work out.
i personally do not code, i only know trial and error, so if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to help one of us out please ♥

if you need me to explain it better though, when trying to adjust a slider or change your colour by tablet stylus, after you 'click' (or press on the tablet), no matter what you do, the system thinks youre still clicking, after youve stopped pressing your stylus down. the only way to fix it is if you use your mouse to manually click on the slider or colour picker, which will stop it. but adjusting the sliders with your stylus again will still glitch out like that.

im glad im not the only one who's had this problem!! thanks for the input, i'll play around w/ my browser to see if any others work better w/ the program. thanks for putting the problem into better words, too. if anyone else has had this problem and has fixed it somehow, please let us know, thanks!
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡
are you dead?
sometimes i think im dead

---
cal || she/her || infp || insta || tumblr
not super active here but i draw sometimes
my worm bro
art shop
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡
jelliope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby September Rain » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:32 am

Is there any way to print out pictures I've drawn here?
    If love's elastic, then were
    we born to test its reach?

Is it buried treasure, or
    just a single puzzle piece?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

September Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katsue » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:40 am

imnotsuresorry wrote:how do i delete something ???

If you're asking how to delete a posted drawing, you can delete drawings that have not been replied to or locked on your own by clicking the [X] button in the upper right corner of the text part of the post. If the drawing is locked/has a reply, send in a report or help ticket to get it deleted by staff (as long as the drawing is not commissioned or owned by someone else).

September Rain wrote:Is there any way to print out pictures I've drawn here?

If you save the image to your computer, you can print it out by opening the saved file and hitting the print button!

edit; rockosaur has a better way! you can ignore this one c:
katsue
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rockosaur » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:48 am

theres a super fast way: put the image in a new tab and the press Ctrl p on your keyboard

╭────✰────╮
hi I'm rocko!
Any pronouns are fine
Shoot me a pm if you
need/want to talk!
I'm generally not very active
╰────✰────╯
╭────✰────╮
Art shop
Custom (base) design shop
open for USD only
╰────✰────╯
rockosaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby September Rain » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:04 am

rockosaur wrote:

theres a super fast way: put the image in a new tab and the press Ctrl p on your keyboard

Thank you so much!
    If love's elastic, then were
    we born to test its reach?

Is it buried treasure, or
    just a single puzzle piece?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

September Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~(SkyLiarLee)~ » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:51 am

so uh, does anyone know how to lower oakaki memory? Tried deleting unused layers, and can't merge down or duplicate, just stuck in the program per say and can't upload it because the memory won;t lower to the point of "safe". The memory shows red. Do I need to close out and go back in to figure out a space efficient way?
~(SkyLiarLee)~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kkisgr8ter » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:06 am

How do you take the colors from another webpage? If I have a palette from google, is there a way to select those colors?
kkisgr8ter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dinosaurpark » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:10 am

kkisgr8ter wrote:How do you take the colors from another webpage? If I have a palette from google, is there a way to select those colors?

The best way I've found is to find a website that will allow you to pick colors from an image and get the hex code. After you get the hex code, when you go on the oekaki you have to click the color preview on the color wheel and then you can paste or type the hex code in.
hi! I'm going to be semi-active. I wont check in too often, and it will be easier to contact me on toyhouse (found on my profile in websites). Likely will only be using for the art forums.
pfp by alienautism on TH
Dinosaurpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kkisgr8ter » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:28 am

Chocolat chaud wrote:
kkisgr8ter wrote:How do you take the colors from another webpage? If I have a palette from google, is there a way to select those colors?

The best way I've found is to find a website that will allow you to pick colors from an image and get the hex code. After you get the hex code, when you go on the oekaki you have to click the color preview on the color wheel and then you can paste or type the hex code in.

Thank you :)
kkisgr8ter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me